Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I honestly found Olga to be very annoying, and was glad that she did not turn out to be a main character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

When you call something a lostbelt you're actually just saying it isn't canon so be careful what you wish for

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I know that there is an objectively better version of the moonfest CE, but I can't rest until I MLB it just because.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Vengarr posted:

From what I understand, the Tsukihime universe is either a Lostbelt or well on its way to one. Probably because of the Dead Apostles.

I'm not sure if there's any Fate Timeline that isn't a lostbelt at this point. Tsukihime's implied to be doomed because lol vampires, most of the Fate timelines are somewhere on the path of all magic drying up and turning the earth into an uninhabitable desert like in Notes, and in the 3 years or so we've seen of the FGO timeline humanity is either almost or successfully destroyed every few months.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Plus there's the Extra timeline where magic is gone and there's endless wars, plus everything involved with the moon cell makes sure that timeline is super hosed.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Gologle posted:

I know that there is an objectively better version of the moonfest CE, but I can't rest until I MLB it just because.

i only got one copy as a drop and after this event I'll burn it :twisted:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Plus there's the Extra timeline where magic is gone and there's endless wars, plus everything involved with the moon cell makes sure that timeline is super hosed.

The moon cell is your friend. All hail the glorious moon cell.:shepface:

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
People are really stretching the definition of a lostbelt lol, it has nothing to do with the destruction or survival of humanity.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Tribladeofchaos posted:

True ancestors and vampires do definitely exist in the Fateverse actually, you even get to meet some once we get into part 2. But like what's been said they aren't nearly as strong as they are in Tsukihime.

Really? We meet a True Ancestor? Not just a dead apostle? Now I'm really excited for part 2.

Thanks for the answers by the way. Fates changes history way more than I realized.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

taser rates posted:

People are really stretching the definition of a lostbelt lol, it has nothing to do with the destruction or survival of humanity.

I don’t follow the FGO Part 2 story, but it was explained pretty well in Extella as a parallel universe slated to be purged because it hit a “dead end” and deviated too far away from the main path of human history.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Fate and Tsukihime were originally in a vaguely connected TM-verse and I doubt they're going to choose one over the other and say "this one is the real timeline, the other goes poof".

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Tbh if any timeline should be pruned it's the one where humanity has gotten erased or almost erased more than once already.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
every timeline where I don't roll my waifu/husbando should get pruned

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Argas posted:

Fate and Tsukihime were originally in a vaguely connected TM-verse and I doubt they're going to choose one over the other and say "this one is the real timeline, the other goes poof".

I can kinda imagine Nasu writing himself into a corner with that being the case, though. Just furiously playing Bloodborn in his appartment and Takeuchi brings up the fact that Lostbelts and timeline pruning means he has to kill one of the two timelines and Nasu dropping his controller in surprise.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
they can just make some poo poo up

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Vengarr posted:

I don’t follow the FGO Part 2 story, but it was explained pretty well in Extella as a parallel universe slated to be purged because it hit a “dead end” and deviated too far away from the main path of human history.

Lostbelts are a phenomenon unique to what's happening in Cosmos in the Lostbelt, you're thinking of pruned timelines which are related but not identical. Timelines get pruned because they're in too stable a state with no more potential for development (note this says nothing about the survival or destruction of humanity).

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

taser rates posted:

Lostbelts are a phenomenon unique to what's happening in Cosmos in the Lostbelt, you're thinking of pruned timelines which are related but not identical. Timelines get pruned because they're in too stable a state with no more potential for development (note this says nothing about the survival or destruction of humanity).

Yeah like Musashi's timeline is the one that got pruned for some reason. Lostbelts is a totally different dead end sort of thing.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Will the word Lostbelt make sense once that part of the story arrives? Not the concept, but that actual particular combination of letters.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Lostbelts are a thing of pure fiction because gently caress the timeline we're living in.

I wish they weren't.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Crasical posted:

I can kinda imagine Nasu writing himself into a corner with that being the case, though. Just furiously playing Bloodborn in his appartment and Takeuchi brings up the fact that Lostbelts and timeline pruning means he has to kill one of the two timelines and Nasu dropping his controller in surprise.

Main Paineframe posted:

they can just make some poo poo up

This. Type-Moon loves breaking rules it recently established.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

a kitten posted:

Will the word Lostbelt make sense once that part of the story arrives? Not the concept, but that actual particular combination of letters.

It's foreshadowed a little bit in Shinjuku, a bit more heavily in Shimosa, then you get the full rundown between the prologue and the actual first chapter of part 2.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
https://webview.fate-go.us/2019/0121_re_kangoku/

Meanwhile Edgelord McGrandBoyfriend returns.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
My understanding is that if the Holy Grail Wars are Secret Wars (1985) then Cosmos in the Lostbelt is Secret Wars (2015)

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
But which Servant is a Skrull?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Enkidu

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

HiKaizer posted:

But which Servant is a Skrull?

Yan Qing.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
Shielder Captain America
Caster Iron Man
Berserker Hulk
Archer Hawkeye
Assassin Black Widow
Rider Thor

Beast Galactus :magical:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

You can't be a beast if you give zero fucks about humanity

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Clearly Thanos is the Beast class then.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Beast Ultron, since he's pretty much Goetia anyway.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wanna make some replies in this thread, but it'd be hard to do it without extensive part 2 spoilers so I won't.

The only thing you really need to know about part 2 is that Goldorf is good, actually.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Apparently his reason for being in Hawaii is because his dying homunculus servants wanted to go before they died, so he's a certified Good Person in my book.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

MonsieurChoc posted:

Beast Ultron, since he's pretty much Goetia anyway.

New discussion, which Servants would MCU characters summon, in this essay I will

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Stark would summon edison

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Thor and Tesla is an obvious pair.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Nah, obviously Weird Summoning Shenanigans would happen and Thor'd somehow end up with Beatrice from Prisma. Team Maximum Mjolnir.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Shiny777 posted:

Nah, obviously Weird Summoning Shenanigans would happen and Thor'd somehow end up with Beatrice from Prisma. Team Maximum Mjolnir.

Given the card that Beatrice uses, that would be one weird conversation.

Captain America would summon Edison. :colbert:

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Oh hey, I've been working on transcribing the FGO script and just finished Fuyuki. Here's the description of what happens to Olga (her body is already dead at this point, with her consciousness in the singularity) :

quote:

Olga Marie: Wha… Something's pulling— my body across space—

Lev: I told you. That place is now connected with Chaldea. I could kill you now, but there's no grace to that. I will grant you your final wish, instead. Go ahead and lay hands on your treasure. Think of it as benevolence on my part.

Olga Marie: Wait—What do you mean, Lev? My treasure… You mean Chaldeas? No, stop, please! Chaldeas? A high-density body of data? A territory of dimensional anomaly?

Lev: Yes. No different from a black hole. Or perhaps a sun. Well, either way. A human touching it would be a hellish disintegration on the molecular level. By all means, have a taste of infinite living death!

As to whether she's "bitchy," she's a hardass generally and insults pretty much everyone. She tells the Master candidates they're only tools and is extra insulting to Guda because they're inexperienced. But she warms up to you during the Singularity, and Roman tells you she's under a lot of stress because she's been forced into the position of Director and has tons of expectations to live up to--

Oh. :smith:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Captain America - GOLDEN
Tony Stark - Wants Tesla, but gets Edison
Banner/Hulk - Jekyll/Hyde
Thor - Karna
Black Widow - Hassan of Serenity
Hawkeye - Arash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Threw a single at the FP gacha to zero it out and got angry mango. I was hoping to get him at some point anyway to compete my task of Have Every Avenger, but are there any uses to him outside of gimmick? I can see the potential humor in bringing him in with a kaleidoscope, guts-ing him with a skill and having him eat a boss NP to throw it back at them, but that's a lot of setup for one hit.