Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
the rss feeds from stitcher unofficial rss thing i guess are always teh ad-free ones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
There's one with ads as well, something like "HH: the ads version"

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

The Peccadillo posted:

Also to person who wants to get into the boys, just listen to every Tom Scharpling episode

I went to look "ya Tom really defines the modern era of HH" but he started like 2-3 years ago

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Big Apple Bible is probably the best thing any of them will ever do.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I think HH can be divided into the Engineer Cody era and the Chef Kevin era.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Tarranon posted:

hard to believe kids today growing up on new HH will never know what it was like to have a show before chef kevin

I loved when they would have guests on and botch the name of their series. The first episode with Jake Johnson (News Girl). They had a good time on the 4th episode with Adam Pally (The Happy Enders, The Mimby Project). They pissed him off with the Damon Waynes Jr./Lamorne Morris comparison.

The Peccadillo posted:

Also to person who wants to get into the boys, just listen to every Tom Scharpling episode

This. My brother didn't "get" HH at all. Of course he doesn't listen to comedy podcasts. He listens to fantasy football and history podcasts. I put on the first Sharpling ep and even he was amused.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
A couple of my friends think HH is too 'mean', so a good introductory episode for people that feel like that would be one where the Boys get owned, like Comic Con or the Jameela Jamil episode. Maybe even the Pro version episode where Aukerman corners Sean about the Parking Lot Scott bit.

Personally, I love any episode where Sean gets violent. Like the episode with the guy that wrote the 1,000 Comedians list and Sean gets froggy from his wife getting mentioned.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

UP AND ADAM posted:

Um, Brett??

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
They should listen to the episode where Sean says that they're not mean, and trys to force Kevin to say it too.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

Um, Brett??

Whoever, he was a dud

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
I hope Bosch gets his own podcast.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

UP AND ADAM posted:

Baba Booey

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
Thats a hell of a line-up on the latest I4H.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
fantastically antagonistic episode of HH

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Help Im Alive posted:

Sean and Hayes are on the latest Womp It Up in case anyone missed it

I always try to catch the boys when they make appearances on other podcasts right away......or else I'll forget and miss them. Womp It Up is not one that I commonly listen to...but I caught this one. It was only alright. The Bone Brothers on the Hard Nation Podcast (R.I.P. - It was one of my weekly scheduled podcasts....I really liked it) was awesome. Let me know of other appearances of the boys. I need to get my Clem Dog fix.

And I was behind on the Pro Version. Holy poo poo! The Zach Broussard episode killed me. Everything related to Sean's wife was one of the best things I've ever heard. I re-listened to it about twenty times and laughed every time. The next couple episodes were killer as well. Most podcasts start to lose some steam after a while....or their shtick becomes old. Hollyhood Handcock seemins to get better and better.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

the Insane Piano posted:

I hope Bosch gets his own podcast.

+08

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
On this week's Flagrant One's it's confirmed that earwolf is no longer editing Hollywood Handbook for the boys as part of their new contract. I thought that was a bit.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Very nice. I really enjoyed the Boys having a fun contract negotiation ep turn into serious hardball, with what appears to be real-world consequences at this point.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I’m not a flagrant ones patreon. Did they elaborate on it? Earwolf wanted final cut? Or was it not really contentious. Just, the boys wanted to handle everything.

Twain of Pain
Dec 14, 2006
I'm sure it was budgetary. Editing = engineer time = money.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Sean is on the premium YKS and so far so good

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

soggybagel posted:

I’m not a flagrant ones patreon. Did they elaborate on it? Earwolf wanted final cut? Or was it not really contentious. Just, the boys wanted to handle everything.

Not really, it was kinda offhand. Sean just confirmed that Earwolf won't edit their podcasts anymore.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I guess I find it amusing that this must mean that every Earwolf engineer is an independent contractor getting paid hourly. God Hollywood sounds like such a loving dead end

Crazyweasel fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jan 17, 2019

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

Hayes's little "oh" after Sean breaks canon and reveals the name of one of his cats on the latest Flagrant Ones is giving me life right now.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I don’t know where else to post this but Stanger’s “Hoo hah” noise on Action Boyz kills me every thing he does it

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
On the topic of episodes to introduce people to Hollywood Handbook I made another clip from a teaser freezer that's synced up to the video as they comment on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey_oaBdVKV4

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I don’t know where else to post this but Stanger’s “Hoo hah” noise on Action Boyz kills me every thing he does it

"I'm your dad."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I finally subscribed to Action Boyz last month and just got caught up. If you are looking for a podcast that gradually goes from being a rapid-fire, hour-and-change movie recap/discussion podcast to a 3 hour marathon of riffs and references to almost every single episode that's come before it, every single week, this is the one to listen to. Great show.

Though really, I don't know if anything has been funnier than the early episode where Stanger earnestly asks "Hey...you guys like big butts on your face?" out of nowhere

Laterite posted:

"I'm your dad."

"They're ferrets...they're thieves."

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

"Acapulco" is the one that gets me no matter the context.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

RestingB1tchFace posted:

I loved when they would have guests on and botch the name of their series. The first episode with Jake Johnson (News Girl). They had a good time on the 4th episode with Adam Pally (The Happy Enders, The Mimby Project). They pissed him off with the Damon Waynes Jr./Lamorne Morris comparison.

I forget whether it was Jake Johnson or someone else from New Girl, but they kept calling it "Mr. Schmidt" or "The Mr. Schmidt Show" or something.

That, The Mimby Project, and Work of Holics are the ones I remember

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

Spraynard Kruger posted:

Hayes's little "oh" after Sean breaks canon and reveals the name of one of his cats on the latest Flagrant Ones is giving me life right now.

Baron Davis eyes was wonderful.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I've listened to Baron Davis Eyes multiple times this weekend. Everything about it is so great. The Flagrant Ones has been everything I wanted it to be.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Power of Pecota posted:

I forget whether it was Jake Johnson or someone else from New Girl, but they kept calling it "Mr. Schmidt" or "The Mr. Schmidt Show" or something.

That, The Mimby Project, and Work of Holics are the ones I remember

Hahahaha! Love the Mr. Schmidt bit. Pretty sure it was from the Jake Johnson episode, but I'm pretty sure that it's been a reoccuring bit as well. And I forgot about the Work of Holics thing. Also hilarious.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I've listened to Baron Davis Eyes multiple times this weekend. Everything about it is so great. The Flagrant Ones has been everything I wanted it to be.

I really like it, but "You've got De Ayton and you've got Mo Bamba, but I've got a few of my own" has been in my head since the episode came out.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Fiendly posted:

"Acapulco" is the one that gets me no matter the context.

Christian Slater-speak is a good, if underused, recurring bit as well.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I’m a fan of hole-in-the-tongue Eric Roberts

cams
Mar 28, 2003

all time great hollywood handbook this week

i guessed all the engineers correctly because i'm a loving weirdo

cams fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jan 22, 2019

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.