Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I've started shopping at WinCo foods to supplement my Costco hauls. You know, for stuff you can't get at Costco.

I highly recommend it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

FCKGW posted:

It's a holiday today.

Oh this is in :canada:, apparently it’s just this crazy on weekdays at that location. Lineup for gas was at least 10 cars deep per lane!

I usually go to a different one that is much less hectic.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

WinCo owns. They're employee owned too which is nice.

I went to Costco twice today. Got a giant tub of peanuts on BOGO and had the turkey provolone. Went back before closing and picked up some hydroflask knockoffs the wife wanted.

PBUC

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Is WinCo like Wegmans?

We’re Costco/Trader Joes personally?

:shrug:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
WinCo has an absolutely INSANE bulk section. Everything from blueberry muffin mix, those pink candy pretzels, to sour patch kids, and lentils.

Also amazing rubs/seasonings that I use on my meats.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Chinatown posted:

WinCo has an absolutely INSANE bulk section. Everything from blueberry muffin mix to sour patch kids.

Also amazing rubs/seasonings that I use on my meats.

Ur mum has an amazing rub which she uses on my meat.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Schadenboner posted:

Is WinCo like Wegmans?

I'm super spoiled for choice. Costco, Trader Joes, Lucky's, Whole Foods, Fresh Market, Sprouts, Publix, and of course Walmart and Target if I hate myself, all within 7~ or so miles of each other. CostCo is great but lmao if you think you can get everything you need there, especially fresh produce on demand.

No WinCo over here in Florida, but in Wisconsin we did have Woodmans which sounds quite similar, employee owned, hella bulk section, and just a general good vibe about the whole place.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Schadenboner posted:

Ur mum has an amazing rub which she uses on my meat.

The way she gets the kosher salt and the Cayenne pepper in there real good by prepping the meat with a tenderizer that’s :discourse:.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

KakerMix posted:

I'm super spoiled for choice. Costco, Trader Joes, Lucky's, Whole Foods, Fresh Market, Sprouts, Publix, and of course Walmart and Target if I hate myself, all within 7~ or so miles of each other. CostCo is great but lmao if you think you can get everything you need there, especially fresh produce on demand.

No WinCo over here in Florida, but in Wisconsin we did have Woodmans which sounds quite similar, employee owned, hella bulk section, and just a general good vibe about the whole place.

Fresh Market was p.deece (or at least VAR > 0) but they pulled up stakes and left the Milwaukee Metro super suddenly like 6 months or a year ago.

They had great lavash crackers.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

We have great grocery stores in Seattle but I grew up in Florida and moved when I was 30, and good lord do I miss Publix. And Fresh Market. I'll trade WinCo for Publix any day.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Gee, I cannot begin to fathom why someone would suddenly leave glorious Wisconsin.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Schadenboner posted:

Is WinCo like Wegmans?

They're a giant warehouse. Pretty barebones looks to it. No fake wood floors, no fancy lighting. Just polished concrete and florescent tubing. One by my house has a deli but no bakery. Carries a couple brands of each item but has a kicking rad bulk foods section with anything imaginable. You can buy bulk oatmeal, trail mix, mac n cheese powder, and rice krispy squares at the same time. Their meats selection is nice too.

You bag your own groceries and they don't take credit cards (that might have changed recently?) but the prices are darn good. Employees own a majority of the company and some of the old time employees have company stock worth $1m+

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

FCKGW posted:

They're a giant warehouse. Pretty barebones looks to it. No fake wood floors, no fancy lighting. Just polished concrete and florescent tubing. One by my house has a deli but no bakery. Carries a couple brands of each item but has a kicking rad bulk foods section with anything imaginable. You can buy bulk oatmeal, trail mix, mac n cheese powder, and rice krispy squares at the same time. Their meats selection is nice too.

You bag your own groceries and they don't take credit cards (that might have changed recently?) but the prices are darn good. Employees own a majority of the company and some of the old time employees have company stock worth $1m+

They didn't take credit cards as of last weekend when I shopped there. They also have affordable produce with ok quality as long as you are careful about selection. Better on both counts than the Walmart neighborhood market near me.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I love Winco. I used to live one minute away from a 24/7 Winco and that was loving amazing. I would leave work at 4AM and go to Winco and buy snacks. Now I'm like 20 minutes away and it kind of sucks.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Pretty amazing, Wincos all around Socal but none in OC.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I ate a massive costco muffin this morning and will not require any additional sustenance for 24 hours.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

I've been desperately wanting a new computer desk. Almost paid $279 to get this guy online, but in-store it's only $179.

I had grown so accustomed to the lovely Ikea desk I'd been using for a decade that I forgot what a luxury it is to have drawers. And I saved $100 not getting it delivered. 10/10 would unbox it in the parking lot and wedge it piece by piece into a 2010 Ford Focus again.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Winco is pretty legit but it’s mostly just a cheap normal grocery store. As mentioned they have a great bulk section.

It’s literally the only place I ever have to use my debit card though which is annoying.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

FCKGW posted:

WinCo owns. They're employee owned too which is nice.

I went to Costco twice today. Got a giant tub of peanuts on BOGO and had the turkey provolone. Went back before closing and picked up some hydroflask knockoffs the wife wanted.

PBUC

I also got the peanut BOGO. 6 dollars for 2 huge cans of dry roasted peanuts? PBUC.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

I also got the peanut BOGO. 6 dollars for 2 huge cans of dry roasted peanuts? PBUC.

This really is the best. We are almost half way through the first can. May need two more.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

What's the best easily prepared late night snack to get at costco

like something i can just throw in the oven that's relatively healthy

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

FizFashizzle posted:

I like the Veggie Bowls that they have in the frozen food sections and they're pretty good with some Cholula. Maybe a little heavy for a late night snack though.

https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/Don-Lee-Farms-Organic-Veggie-Bowl%2C-Superfoods%2C-10-oz%2C-6-ct.product.100296293.html

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
The mini chicken tacos in the freezer are pretty good and are perfect for a midnight snack. But if you want something that's a little better for you, I usually get the chicken noodle soup that they make in the deli. I happen to like chicken soup cold so I just take it out of the fridge and eat it without going through the trouble of heating it up. For me it's super quick and easy.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I like their spanikopita but they sometimes give me :gas:?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

FizFashizzle posted:

edamame. full stop.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Blistex posted:

Went nearly 10 years without a Costco membership, and my wife convinced me that we needed one for baby supplies, etc.

Went to Costco last weekend and can confirm that it's still easily the worst shopping experience outside of coming into contact with human feces in a Walmart change room or a terrorist attack at a Target.

Lol you miserable whiner

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jan 23, 2019

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Blistex posted:

Went nearly 10 years without a Costco membership, and my wife convinced me that we needed one for baby supplies, etc.

Went to Costco last weekend and can confirm that it's still easily the worst shopping experience outside of coming into contact with human feces in a Walmart change room or a terrorist attack at a Target.

:stare:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

FCKGW posted:

They're a giant warehouse. Pretty barebones looks to it. No fake wood floors, no fancy lighting. Just polished concrete and florescent tubing. One by my house has a deli but no bakery. Carries a couple brands of each item ...

Sounds like communism to me

:getin:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Where are these horrible costcos the few I've been to were non miserable, I mainly go like at 3 or 4pm on weekdays

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

FizFashizzle posted:

90 count Bagel Bites. The healthy option is not eating all 90 at once

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Rex-Goliath posted:

edamame. full stop.

Where do they have it?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

in the frozen section. should be near things like the frozen chicken or dumplings

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

It annoys me they don't have those Sbasos (?) individual pizzas in supreme anymore, just cheese and pepperoni. I need the specks of green pepper and italian sausage bits!!

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

priznat posted:

It annoys me they don't have those Sbasos (?) individual pizzas in supreme anymore, just cheese and pepperoni. I need the specks of green pepper and italian sausage bits!!

I thought this was the Magic: The Gathering thread for a second and this post was extremely funny

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Rex-Goliath posted:

I thought this was the Magic: The Gathering thread for a second and this post was extremely funny

~taps card for SUPREME PIZZA, loses turn~

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

SBASOS, DEFILED 'ZA 1BBB

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Haha it was actually Sabatasso’s

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Rex-Goliath posted:

in the frozen section. should be near things like the frozen chicken or dumplings

I've never seen them in there, but I'll have to look next time.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
It’s time for a new mattress (Cal king), so naturally I’m going straight to the ‘co. Does anyone have a recommendation, and has anyone done their “white glove” delivery?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

FizFashizzle posted:

Frozen chicken bakes