Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

Tollymain posted:

i have a stupid idea and that idea is bringing back berserk rage as a spell

a hex that frenzies enemies, berserks allies, and gives you might+mesmerised+confusion lmao

I really appreciate that I have the Jellifier option anytime I feel like hucking some of God's mistakes into the void, it makes my dumb rear end pine less for Fulsome Distillation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Tollymain posted:

i have a stupid idea and that idea is bringing back berserk rage as a spell

a hex that frenzies enemies, berserks allies, and gives you might+mesmerised+confusion lmao

Other than the last part, that's the Discord spell.

Metoron
Jun 5, 2006
Hurm.
Here's to a new year of Gooncrawl.

Gooncrawl Windows Tiles Dev Build for 01, January 2019

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hst9ty5vjje4d6h/gooncrawl-win64-tiles-01-01-19.zip?dl=1

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Do treasure troves accept eudemon blades as demon blades? I don't want to use my enchant scrolls if it won't accept it

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Floodkiller posted:

Other than the last part, that's the Discord spell.

yeah the idea is basically a single-target version w some interesting synergies

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love

Metoron posted:

Here's to a new year of Gooncrawl.

Gooncrawl Windows Tiles Dev Build for 01, January 2019

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hst9ty5vjje4d6h/gooncrawl-win64-tiles-01-01-19.zip?dl=1

Thanks man, and thanks to FK for Making Crawl Great Again

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

No update this weekend, was distracted with some new games and currently watching AGDQ. I'll see if I can get something out this week during any bad runs.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Question: If I try to start a gooncrawl game on CPO right now, it hangs on one of the various loading screens for longer than usual, then drops to:

quote:

The Game Ended.

Unfortunately your game ended unexpectedly.

Close

Been happening for a day or so now. I assume that's happening to just me, or someone would have said something. Was I in the middle of a game? Who knows....

If it IS just me, I also assume I should let the server admin know, unless there's some catastrophic bug not letting anyone in. CPO seems to be fine if I try to load trunk or other forks.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Wolfechu posted:

Question: If I try to start a gooncrawl game on CPO right now, it hangs on one of the various loading screens for longer than usual, then drops to:

Been happening for a day or so now. I assume that's happening to just me, or someone would have said something. Was I in the middle of a game? Who knows....

If it IS just me, I also assume I should let the server admin know, unless there's some catastrophic bug not letting anyone in. CPO seems to be fine if I try to load trunk or other forks.

The most likely cause is you were in the middle of a game and the save got broken by an update because I skip save compatibility. You'll likely want to contact the admin to wipe your save.

Edit: Definitely this because I just tried to start a game and it worked.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

Got Chequers to wipe my save, that fixed it; thanks!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Floodkiller posted:

No update this weekend, was distracted with some new games and currently watching AGDQ. I'll see if I can get something out this week during any bad runs.
I was rewatching, and did you know you got your donation read during the ChexQuest run? I heard "Floodkiller" then instantly remembered this post.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

I was rewatching, and did you know you got your donation read during the ChexQuest run? I heard "Floodkiller" then instantly remembered this post.

Yeah! I also got one through the queue during Awful block too, which was pretty cool since it's been a couple years since I had one of my donations get read.

My goal this weekend for Gooncrawl is to get the Oka changes in (or as many as I can). I don't really feel the animated weapon gifts are a good idea in terms of how much they are going to kill the player, but I'll try to get them in anyway so people can die to them and agree rather than just discuss it. Also possibly replacing Malmutate on Orbs of Fire to knock that item out for good.

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
You'll have to wrestle the living weapon idea out of my cold, uh... dead... uh..... hands?

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

What does "You lose control of your reserved spells" mean? Got that message when I put a suit of ringmail on in the very early game. I'm assuming it's something to do with some spells being permabuffs in Gooncrawl, but given I was a GrBe, I doubt I'd be casting anything any time soon...

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Wolfechu posted:

What does "You lose control of your reserved spells" mean? Got that message when I put a suit of ringmail on in the very early game. I'm assuming it's something to do with some spells being permabuffs in Gooncrawl, but given I was a GrBe, I doubt I'd be casting anything any time soon...

That's me being lazy, patching it now.

Edit: Fixed on GitHub, will take however long it usually takes until servers rebuild to show up there.

Floodkiller fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jan 19, 2019

nplus1 elephants
Oct 23, 2010
I say it's perfectly heartless your eating muffins at all, under the circumstances
I'm just coming back to crawl after a good 5 year break. It's kinda amazing my muscle memory for what to do is still there!

When did all these forks start though? When I left it was just the one true crawl and now it seems there are a ton.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

quote:

When did all these forks start though? When I left it was just the one true crawl and now it seems there are a ton.
When the Stone Soup devs decided that fun is a bad thing and there should be as few ways to play the game as possible. People kinda got sick of the development catering more and more to a narrow circle of turbo-grogs posting in one particular place and ignoring what everyone else wanted.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
So instead Floodkiller caters to -this- group of grogs.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
On the plus side, you now get to pick between half a dozen middlingly okay games instead of being stuck with a single progressively worse one. You even get to decide which is which! Progress, it has been made.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

When the Stone Soup devs decided that fun is a bad thing and there should be as few ways to play the game as possible. People kinda got sick of the development catering more and more to a narrow circle of turbo-grogs posting in one particular place and ignoring what everyone else wanted.

Alternatively - trunk is better than ever.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

weirdly chilly pussy posted:

Alternatively - trunk is better than ever.

What changes are your favorite?

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Turtlicious posted:

What changes are your favorite?

Goldified books, playable gnolls, player ghosts only in vaults, better fixedarts. Small things like that. I've got a million gripes as well, but the game still rocks.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

weirdly chilly pussy posted:

player ghosts only in vaults,

this is probably the only thing we dont have and its because its actually really bad and boring

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I'm happy for everyone who still likes trunk. I'm even happier I don't have to play it anymore.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

Tollymain posted:

this is probably the only thing we dont have and its because its actually really bad and boring

I won't lie, I kinda like the ghost vaults, because I like vaults period. Gives a ghost a sense of occasion.

Of course, I always immediately crack them open, so they might as well not be in special vaults, but it looks nice.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Gooncrawl update: Okawaru no longer gives out ammo gifts. Instead, at 3* piety, Okawaru will now make all of the player's ammunition have the returning brand in addition to whatever brand it normally has. Additionally, at 3* of piety and higher Okawaru has a chance to prevent ammunition from being mulched (up to 100% chance to be preserved at 160 piety/6*).

Known bug: Okawaru will technically preserve all ammunition from mulching, not just the player's. I didn't feel like fixing it at the moment because I don't think that's really a big deal in terms of balance, but it does stop me from putting in a message that lets the player know that the ammunition was preserved by Okawaru (because otherwise you will get spammed to hell by enemy archers).

Edit: Also renamed Jellifiers to Slime Apostles like I should have remembered to do in October, whoops.

Floodkiller fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jan 21, 2019

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Time to do some machinegunning

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Holy Playstyle Enabling, Batman!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

This is the kind of thing I wish trunk had for years. Archers suddenly became 100% less tedious to play, even if it takes worshiping Okawaru to get the benefits.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Make “Okumaran Archer” a subset of archers so you can know if you should wait out the storm or if it’s gonna pincushion you, time to charge in.

Also the dancing god supporters should be able to pick arrows out of the air mid-dance.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Bogart posted:

Make “Okumaran Archer” a subset of archers so you can know if you should wait out the storm or if it’s gonna pincushion you, time to charge in.

Also the dancing god supporters should be able to pick arrows out of the air mid-dance.
This is a very good trunk change and these are two very good idea. Maybe even just keep it as a special tag on Nessos (thus implying that he's Nessos of Okawaru). Because how the gently caress else did he manage to find a centaur barding?

FK, you are a genius.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Bogart posted:

Would it be possible to put prefixes in front of enemies, ego-style, the way it does for equips? That seems like the best possible solution here and would open the gates to a completely new type of enemy variety.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is this game good again yet

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Is this game good again yet
If you play GoonCrawl, yes. Trunk is worse than ever.

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love
Perma-buffs alone make the game way more fun to play. Also, the change to Shining Eyes is wonderful. I am still terrified of being polymorphed into something lovely at a bad time rather than just getting permanently gimped because something has line of sight.

EDIT: Lost a great run in Ice Hell when I got tormented to death trying to clear the Big Ice Man's lair. Absolute bullshit still that can only be mitigated by murder holing, burning constant scrolls of fog, or getting lich form/other high level spells castable. And the first is next to impossible in that area so you end up having to lure them out and play ring-a-round-the-vault hoping you can murder them quickly enough before they spam more torment as their friends arrive that do the same. So frustrating.

FulsomFrank fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jan 25, 2019

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

FulsomFrank posted:

Perma-buffs alone make the game way more fun to play. Also, the change to Shining Eyes is wonderful. I am still terrified of being polymorphed into something lovely at a bad time rather than just getting permanently gimped because something has line of sight.

Those are in trunk or gooncrawl? How do perma buffs work?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Gooncrawl. They're like buffs, but permanent.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Basically, instead of having to constantly keep recasting your buff spells, they essentially have an indefinite duration and reduce your effective max MP until they're dispelled. I think they might also still slowly ping you with spell hunger, I don't quite remember.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
You also lose them and have to recast them if you swap out armor; it's a small but important balance consideration to prevent you from stripping down, applying DMsl and Regen and such, and then putting your -Cast Crystal Plate Mail back on to cheat the system.

The net effect is to seriously reduce tedium related to the Charms school, though you do have to be mindful that it is still possible to have those effects dispelled/fail under some circumstances.

Also, I wouldn't say Trunk is at its worst ever. If Macro Scumummy comes back into style as the most consistent strategy, then we can talk. I do have trouble forgiving the removal of Eat The Purple as a game conduct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

No update this weekend, spent most of it playing the RE2 remake (which is very fun, by the way).