Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Even though Arrow has gotten kinda dumb, I still love it for being a goofy soap opera, and I especially love that it spawned the rest of the verse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
One of the weirdest things about the Arrowverse is how the first season of both Arrow and Flash got 4-time Academy Award winner Colleen Atwood to design both original suits. The original suits are both so fantastic but how does the CW convince her to do that (outside a load of money I suppose)? I think the first Flash suit is still the best one. Ollie's have all been pretty solid.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think Barry's suit peaked last season. It was a wonderful update of the original.

Ollie's current gear is aces. I love him running around without the mask and hood up.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I think my favorite bit in this Arrow Elseworlds crossover was the call back to the first one: even with SPEED FORCE, Oliver's still the last one to arrive at a location behind Kara and Barry.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Davros1 posted:

I think my favorite bit in this Arrow Elseworlds crossover was the call back to the first one: even with SPEED FORCE, Oliver's still the last one to arrive at a location behind Kara and Barry.

“Just a quick reminder: super speed... I have it?”

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://tvline.com/2019/01/17/arrows-150th-episode-documentary-style-kelsey-grammer-narrator/

quote:

The CW’s Arrow, as hinted in recent by creatives and crew via Twitter, has something very special on tap for its landmark 150th episode.

Airing Monday, Feb. 4 as the 12th episode of Season 7, “Emerald Archer” will showcase a “documentary” that is entitled “The Hood and the Rise of Vigilantism” and stars Oliver Queen, Felicity Smoak and the rest of Team Arrow.

Per the official synopsis, “As a camera crew follows Oliver and team around to talk about their past as vigilantes and what the Green Arrow means to Star City, Oliver must also deal with William’s return from boarding school as well as a new threat to the city.”

The episode will feature “documentary footage” captured by a BTS crew and interviews from those who have worked alongside the Green Arrow — and it will all be narrated via the dulcet tones of Frasier Crane Kelsey Grammer.

You have failed these scrambled eggs

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
"Attempted Vigilantism", what kind of charge is that? Do they give out Nobel Prizes for attempted Chemistry?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Attempted murder is definitely a charge though.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Have you never seen The Simpsons?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kind of sad it's not Fraiser going to Oliver asking for help to stop his estranged brother. Or just captured the wrong Dr. Crane

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 18, 2019

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Awe, I was hoping Kelsey would be an actual character, like he would be Lex Luther of Earth-1 or something.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Kelsey Grammer is too A-list for this, but it'd be hilarious if they could get him to be Scarecrow.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He was in Transformers 4 and two X Men films. He loves this poo poo.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

He's also a weirdo republican who had to have his mons pubis tattooed with his wife's name to remind himself not to cheat on her.

But he's still funny as poo poo.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

He's also a weirdo republican who had to have his mons pubis tattooed with his wife's name to remind himself not to cheat on her.

But he's still funny as poo poo.

Yeah, he's one of those Hollywood Republicans like Dwayne Johnson, Dean Cain, or Robert Davi who can still manage to appear in stuff and be fun in it because he's not an rear end in a top hat about his lovely beliefs unlike how folks like James Woods or Adam Baldwin are.

Like, Expendables 3 was a largely dogshit movie, but Kelsey Grammer's little cameo was one of the best parts of it.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jan 19, 2019

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, he's one of those Hollywood Republicans like Dwayne Johnson, Dean Cain, or Robert Davi who can still manage to appear in stuff and be fun in it because he's not an rear end in a top hat about his lovely beliefs unlike how folks like James Woods or Adam Baldwin are.

Jon Voight seems like the only one who manages to do both. :v:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Huh, Katie Cassidy changed her name.

I'm looking forward to Emiko doing the intro voiceover.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

Huh, Katie Cassidy changed her name.

I'm looking forward to Emiko doing the intro voiceover.

She got married.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

In the flash-forward at the end of the episode where Rene met with the bomber, he looked familiar but I couldn't place it. Has he shown up before or just one of those faces?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
A few thoughts:

• Future Rene's wig was hilariously bad.
  • This future story better start going somewhere to link back to the main plot.
  • Speaking of the main plot, what the hell is it at this point anyway? There's like 3 different stories going on and for the life of me I can't see a connection.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

TwoPair posted:

A few thoughts:

[list]
[*] Future Rene's wig was hilariously bad.

Yea that's about the only take away from this episode I had. Though also I hope Diaz ends up like the other Suicide Squad members on Arrow.

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

twistedmentat posted:

Yea that's about the only take away from this episode I had. Though also I hope Diaz ends up like the other Suicide Squad members on Arrow.

written out?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grillfiend posted:

written out?

Are we still on the diaz merry-go-round?

I've stopped watching it

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Diaz knows who the hyper-terrorist Dig and Lyla are hunting is so they need his cooperation.

I can see where people might think the flashforward being an inversion of the Undertaking is hackneyed, but personally I dig it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TwoPair posted:

A few thoughts:

• Speaking of the main plot, what the hell is it at this point anyway? There's like 3 different stories going on and for the life of me I can't see a connection.

Future Rene's white person accent was also bad, but amusing.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Xelkelvos posted:

Future Rene's white person accent was also bad, but amusing.

Yeah between that and the wig I felt like he wandered in from a Chapelle's Show sketch.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TwoPair posted:

Yeah between that and the wig I felt like he wandered in from a Chapelle's Show sketch.

It's a shame Arrow doesn't lean into that sort of stuff, and I think LoT doesn't quite have the subtelty to it, but I could imagine Tobias Whale or someone from Black Lighting making a sick burn on Rene going full white guy after becoming mayor.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Bruceski posted:

In the flash-forward at the end of the episode where Rene met with the bomber, he looked familiar but I couldn't place it. Has he shown up before or just one of those faces?

Kind of looked like Arnold Vosloo to me. But younger, of course.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

TwoPair posted:

A few thoughts:

I cannot even remember why Diaz was needed. Who is Dante again?

Breaks are the worst...

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Future Rene was awesome. The bad rug, the plastic surgery to remove his scar, the white guy voice. Everything.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Grillfiend posted:

written out?

Exactly. After being killed off hard.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Rene: "Wow you put all of this together by yourself?!"
Emiko: "Yup"
Rene: "I mean I haven't been here since we used this as a base as the Outsiders."
Emiko: "What?"
Rene: "Yeah Helix used to be based out here before that."
Emiko: "I just found this place at random."
Rene: "I think Damien Darhk used this as a base a few seasons ago but it was blown up. With the lights off and the low angles it looks a little different. "

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Feenix posted:

I cannot even remember why Diaz was needed. Who is Dante again?

Breaks are the worst...

Dante is the guy (I think arms dealer?) that Dig, Lyla, and Curtis were attempting to capture and it was totally unconnected and presumably just there to show how members of Team Arrow had moved on to other poo poo. Now unless I'm forgetting something, there was zero to tie any of that to Diaz. I think Dig and Lyla are working on the assumption that all criminals know each other.

VVV: gently caress how did I forget that fast

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jan 23, 2019

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

TwoPair posted:

Dante is the guy (I think arms dealer?) that Dig, Lyla, and Curtis were attempting to capture and it was totally unconnected and presumably just there to show how members of Team Arrow had moved on to other poo poo. Now unless I'm forgetting something, there was zero to tie any of that to Diaz. I think Dig and Lyla are working on the assumption that all criminals know each other.

They said in this episode that Dante settled Diaz's tab with the Longbow Hunters

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Rene: "Wow you put all of this together by yourself?!"
Emiko: "Yup"
Rene: "I mean I haven't been here since we used this as a base as the Outsiders."
Emiko: "What?"
Rene: "Yeah Helix used to be based out here before that."
Emiko: "I just found this place at random."
Rene: "I think Damien Darhk used this as a base a few seasons ago but it was blown up. With the lights off and the low angles it looks a little different. "

Look, there's not many places available on eBase and it's a niche demand group. When something goes back up on the market it's not surprising the buyer moves in the same circles.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
I do like that Oliver learned elite combat and bow techniques during Five Years In Hell, but it's also apparently genetic on his dad's side.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Psychepath posted:

I do like that Oliver learned elite combat and bow techniques during Five Years In Hell, but it's also apparently genetic on his dad's side.

Elite Combat skills and bow techniques from only the fathers side of the family FTW!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Those segments of Oliver and Felicity really dragged this episode down. The future stuff and the ARGUS stuff and the New Green Arrow stuff may not have anything to do with each other but they're each at least kind of interesting/fun on their own. Then you cut back to Ollie and Felicity's house where they're still just having a boring conversation.

Psychepath posted:

Thea was lucky her dad had the gene as well then.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

TwoPair posted:

Wow you are 100% correct about this. That sketch where Dave is the white newscaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Can any wizard get me a gif of Rene unrolling Emiko’s paper scroll, but instead of the address it’s Dickbutt? My wife would get a kick out of it.