Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Blaze Dragon posted:

The lyrics on the two VS Broly songs are there specifically for the Latin American fandom, as a response to the crowds that Goku Vs Jiren brought.

Ah yes, this tribute satisfies me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Ten minutes till start time, my hype is maximumer.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Testekill posted:

Ten minutes till start time, my hype is maximumer.

if you're at regal you're going to get 15 minutes of trailers for kids movies :rip:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Stairmaster posted:

if you're at regal you're going to get 15 minutes of trailers for kids movies :rip:

My theater showed two different trailers for Toy Story 4 before the movie.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I got to be reminded of the existence of Detective Pikachu :(

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

my dad is really hype for that

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
It's been a while since i saw a movie multiple times and yeah i"m like oh my god it's the same trailers again and again.

Still WTF that they do Toy Story 4. Twice. Like I would expect like maybe funimation stuff, not like hey this is animated films, here's cartoon movies. (granted this is mostly because this how adults view animated films period, but alas)

Also another note half the trailers were from Disney.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

we also had to look at this :mad:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I got Toy Story 4, Dumbo, and also Toy Story 4.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
When I saw who was directing Dumbo, I was like.

Nope. (I mean I wasn't on board with any of the live action remakes of disney films but my god)

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
We got...Toy Story, some really generic looking story about a theme park in the woods powered by imagination or some poo poo, Toy Story, A Silent Voice, Toy Story and How To Train Your Dragon 3: Summon The Dragon Blue Eyes White - Send In The Swords Of Revealing Light

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Flytrap posted:

We got...Toy Story, some really generic looking story about a theme park in the woods powered by imagination or some poo poo, Toy Story, A Silent Voice, Toy Story and How To Train Your Dragon 3: Summon The Dragon Blue Eyes White - Send In The Swords Of Revealing Light

I got all that plus a trailer for Dumbo, Battle Angel Alita, and a movie called I Want to Eat Your Pancreas.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I got some glurge Target ad with a CGI mascot dog and some terrible child actor doing a voiceover.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Rhonne posted:

My theater showed two different trailers for Toy Story 4 before the movie.

Disney has pushed for both the teaser and the.....other teaser to be in a lot of trailer packs. I guess they think it'll make people doubly excited instead of annoyed?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

Event cinemas so we had LEGO Movie 2, Alita, some poo poo called Wonder Park and a confusing amount of stuff in Chinese.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jan 24, 2019

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Shinjobi posted:

Disney has pushed for both the teaser and the.....other teaser to be in a lot of trailer packs. I guess they think it'll make people doubly excited instead of annoyed?

And one of the teasers is just the valet sketch from Key and Peele.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Why ia there even a Toy Story 4 at this point

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

I was late for the movie because of some bullshit and got in literally just as the last trailer ended so I'm pretty sure I'm the real winner here.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Money.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

what weirds me out is the boy who would be king

there has never been a king arthur movie that was a box office success why do they keep making them

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
god, Alita looks loving lit though

like god loving drat I am hype for that movie

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Pureauthor posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CTeLy3Ujxc

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Stairmaster posted:

there has never been a king arthur movie that was a box office success why do they keep making them

I hear Heaven's Feel is making money

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

god, Alita looks loving lit though

like god loving drat I am hype for that movie

Yes! So excited because the director and producer can't hide their enthusiasm for the source material in everything I see.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

apparently it's good and directed by the Attack the Block guy. but yeah we're still in january so everything released is at least intended to die

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

They were not prepared for broly

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

How fuckin long until the dang blu ray?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

multijoe posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > Dragon Ball Superthread: CHEELAI HEAD CHEELAI
Holy smokes, sometimes something simple serves the purpose far better than anything else. :krad:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

So the movie was drat fun and was so gorgeous; even the obvious CGI shots looked decent which is welcome after Resurrection F. Out of the DBS films I'd have it a close second to Battle of Gods and it's easily in the top five of all of the DB films that I've seen.

List probably goes

1. Battle of Gods
2. Dead Zone
3. Worlds Strongest
4. Broly
5. Fusion Reborn

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Just saw the movie...I like Broly :kiddo:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

snickothemule posted:

Just saw the movie...I like Broly :kiddo:

Whoa, what the gently caress

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Broly was dumb fun. I like how they stepped up the choreography showing how Goku is actually a skilled martial artist while Broly is mostly just brute strength and instinct but learning as he goes.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That was really the best part. All 3 had distinct fighting styles and made fights way better to watch regardless of animation.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Broly was sick

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Broly was sick

He seemed quite healthy. A big, healthy Saiyan boy.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Funny that they basically ignored that the Dragon Balls can grant two or three wishes now, but Shenron also adds a disclaimer that the wish must be within his power. (otherwise, funnily enough if Frieza admitted what he wanted the Dragon Balls for they might just let him have it, he's even showing restraint about it)

The retcons to Bardock are definitely to make it even more like Superman. Funny that in this version Bardock doesn't even need psychic powers to figure out that Freiza has shown open contempt for Saiyans and it's returned in spades, and recalling all the Saiyans to one planet when Freiza is well known to be able to destroy them on a whim is a little suspicious...

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

RBX posted:

That was really the best part. All 3 had distinct fighting styles and made fights way better to watch regardless of animation.

I like how, even with God explicitly being more about mysticism than raw force, Goku and Vegeta still expressed it in different ways. Vegeta's air blasts were still an offensive weapon, while Goku's god ki lock was explicitly used to try and bring the fight to an end.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Saw the movie last night, real loving good and was a great crowd. Theatre was completely full, haven't been to a sold-out showing in a long time.

Brought another ticket for tonight because why not?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Testekill posted:

So the movie was drat fun and was so gorgeous; even the obvious CGI shots looked decent which is welcome after Resurrection F. Out of the DBS films I'd have it a close second to Battle of Gods and it's easily in the top five of all of the DB films that I've seen.

List probably goes

1. Battle of Gods
2. Dead Zone
3. Worlds Strongest
4. Broly
5. Fusion Reborn

You hold Dead Zone and World's Strongest above Broly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Kinda funny that we see most members of the Freiza Force at this point are random scum of the universe and veteran support staff, since between Goku and pals and Freiza himself nearly the entire fighting force worth mention has been wiped out. Even in the end they're actually having to use their spaceship weapons to conquer planets. Also Freiza's nanny.