Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Fabricated posted:

I actually wouldn't be shocked if more than a scant few people from the first ended up on team Kengan.
Many probably have better things to do or are not associated with it anymore.

Like Jun and the big mountain kid are back into pro wrestling, the sumo guy is back at sumo, murder cop probably is back to being murder cop, etc

Jun would do it I bet.

Cosmo is in I am sure, he has to be. Probably also see Wakatsuki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I wonder if Wakatsuki retired, though, he's got only one eye and his old Agito injury.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Plutonis posted:

I wonder if Wakatsuki retired, though, he's got only one eye and his old Agito injury.

He deserves to go to the glue factory for stealing wins off more interesting characters every round of the tournament.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I didn't think wakatsuki's eye injury was permanent

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

maybe the cop will get murdered by joining purgatory and going up against a kengan fighter

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Oh sweeeet. This saga reminds me of Shamo, another fight manga that is more brutal. They also had a similar head to head comp between white and black karate groups (essentially underground vs organised). Now that I think about it, I think the authors of Kengan are probably fans of Shamo.

where the red fern gropes posted:

maybe the cop will get murdered by joining purgatory and going up against a kengan fighter
Other way around, Murder Cop Bastard is going to join the P and will get his rear end handed to him by Gensai. He won't kill him, just break his spirit and mind.

Suspicious Lump fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jan 25, 2019

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Can you kill in Purgatory? I know in Kengan its w/e and then their is that one fight thing that allows weapons

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
My random guesses for fighters would be:

Cosmo
Fang or the runner up fang guy
Dudley
Rihito
Inaba
Ohmalike
New guy
Sawada
The fast guy who lost to Gensai
Kono?
Karla? Is it even possible?
Gaolang seems too popular to not add but for some reason he seems like a weird fit

That would cover most of the relationships and major characters from part 1 besides Wakatsuki, who is boring and will probably be savaged by a major antagonist before anything happens. Timeskip means anyone's game besides Nezu, because in shonen marriage = written out of the comic.

And muteba possibly on the other side.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jan 25, 2019

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The main fighters I want to see are:
Dudley (duh)
Haruo (has a ton of untapped potential; not only was he physically worse off than he could be, but he also has the whole "hunter" angle to exploit in some goofy/entertaining way)
Rihito (similar thing with untapped potential; he's explicitly stated to have good combat sense, and I think he'd benefit from more martial arts experience)
Raian (wasn't using full potential, and he's likely to "grow up" and realize he should also use his Kure techniques alongside his raw power)
Okubo (I just like him, and I think that he might improve through more experience fighting Kengan-level fighters)

Fighters who I don't think should or will show up (as main fighters anyways):
Kaneda (I really like Kaneda, but he kinda learned the lesson that a talented physique is necessary to compete at the level of Kengan matches)
Sawada (out of his league)
Inaba (also out of his league; Ohma beat him easily with the Advance, which other fighters were able to deal with, and his physique means he pretty much has to rely on his gimmicks)
Rei (I don't dislike him like a lot of the rest of the thread, but I don't see much possibility of growth for him either)
Gozo (his only gimmick is his physique, which is inferior to others like Wakatsuki who also have actual fighter skills)

Plutonis posted:

Is his eye injury permanent? I was under the impression it may have just been a fixable detached retina or something (I think those can be fixed sometimes?). Though even if it was fixed, I imagine he'd have to avoid fighting or else risk (if not outright guarantee) going permanently blind in that eye.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ytlaya posted:

The main fighters I want to see are:
Dudley (duh)
Haruo (has a ton of untapped potential; not only was he physically worse off than he could be, but he also has the whole "hunter" angle to exploit in some goofy/entertaining way)
Rihito (similar thing with untapped potential; he's explicitly stated to have good combat sense, and I think he'd benefit from more martial arts experience)
Raian (wasn't using full potential, and he's likely to "grow up" and realize he should also use his Kure techniques alongside his raw power)
Okubo (I just like him, and I think that he might improve through more experience fighting Kengan-level fighters)

Yeah, I wanna see the dudes who couldn't make it far get their shot at proving themselves. Haruo most of all.

ZepiaEltnamOberon fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jan 25, 2019

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Ytlaya posted:

Fighters who I don't think should or will show up (as main fighters anyways):

Gozo (his only gimmick is his physique, which is inferior to others like Wakatsuki who also have actual fighter skills)

Wrong opinion buddy

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'd like gensai to be present but not as one of the competing fighters. he's too overwhelming.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'd like gensai to be present but not as one of the competing fighters. he's too overwhelming.

He's definitely gonna show up to watch Rihito.

B-but not as his master, or anything. Just because he's interested in watching his opponent fight, yeah, that's all it is.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Same here. I want Gensai around doing Mr. Incredible exercises while everyone's fighting to the death.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

RareAcumen posted:

Same here. I want Gensai around doing Mr. Incredible exercises while everyone's fighting to the death.

I want everyone that Gensai beat on the way to Ohma - Rihito, Setsuna, Rei and Agito - to show up with giant bushy beards, in imitation of Karate Grandpa.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
also, ohma's memorial picture mysteriously features a lush, full beard.

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012
We saw kenzo meeting him at the end of kengan ashura so im expecting a new and improved bando with laser eyes and acid for blood

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I honestly want to see Kenzo's poo poo explained because that's a plot point that was completely dropped on 1. How a weird shut in that did rat brain experiments became a CEO.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Plutonis posted:

I honestly want to see Kenzo's poo poo explained because that's a plot point that was completely dropped on 1. How a weird shut in that did rat brain experiments became a CEO.

They mentioned the dark web in chapter 0 or w/e so there's a chance that has something to do with it. Maybe he made bitcoin or something

I'm curious if Yamashita's fight sense was passed down to his kids at all, cause if so there's a chance that the kid that works in construction could get beefy...

Kaptain
Oct 5, 2014
https://youtu.be/DUWRrCXVHp4

Advance screening today.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Not sure to how to feel about that.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
ugh more 3D bullshit

will still probably watch it one day

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Baki did it pretty well, I think it could be good

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

gently caress this.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Its much better implemented than berserk at least

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Honestly, animating Kengan in 2D with the same level of quality and intensity of Daromeon's art would require really top-level talents and a whole load of budget that they might not necessarily have.

It still looks fine so far, doesn't look as stiff or stilted as other 3D animes I've seen, so I'm reserving judgment until we see the actual episodes come out.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

even ignoring the cg, why is everything all washed out? incredibly boring choice for a visual style

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Yeah that's a fair point. It's a stark contrast from the very vivid and eye-catching covers. Maybe they just chose a brownish/muted palette for the trailer to make it seem "mature"? One can hope

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i think it looks really good, i'm glad it's not going to be generic 2d fighting

personal taste

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I think it looks quite bad, with none of the squash and stretch and fluidity that the manga has

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Expectations were rock bottom and this still let me down.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Goddamn this looks like garbage

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It's truly fitting that a series that had a crossover with Street Fighter has animation on par with SF4 graphics

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

The fighting looks pretty good, but that style seems terrible for the talky parts.

What's even the point if we can't get good Kazzy reaction faces?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The choreography actually looks really good.

Shame about the rest. Baki didn't turn out half-bad, shame it couldn't have looked more like that.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Chapter 3

More new blood, I was honestly expecting someone old returning at this point

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i wonder what the point of koga is going to be

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

mangadex being really fucky for anyone else these days?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

They got DDOSed and cloudflare is now charging them money lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

frajaq posted:

mangadex being really fucky for anyone else these days?

they're getting ddosed and they had a free cloudflare plan apparently

they want to change that but cloudflares billing is supposedly not available until todayish