Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

For sale!
2015 Fiat 500, 1957 edition. 19,250 miles

Album: https://imgur.com/a/7EaOoSt

Chicago, IL. Seeking $12,400 on Craigslist, but will take $11,200 from a Goon.

edit: Thanks for nothing, AI!

bort fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
For sale.

A full set of BBS LM in 18x8+35 5x114.3. They're currently wrapped in 235/45R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R. The tires have maybe 10 minutes of autocross time on them or less than a season. I am selling this set up because the rules for my class have changed and now allow 18x9 wheels. The wheels are in extremely good condition and not gotten wet since they were refurbished in August of 2017. They're diamond black (read:grey) with a bare aluminum lip. They have the rarer red center caps with raised gold lettering and a BBS valve stem and cap.

There are only a few blemishes. One lug bore is slightly damaged from a previous owner carelessly removing a seized lug. The center cap on the same wheel is cracked and the center bore is not perfectly round. The wheel hardware was not refurbished and the chrome finish is cracked on a few.

I'll add a few more photos this weekend.

$2500 or best offer. I will also accept a trade in 18x9+40ish 5x114.3. I'm located near Hartford CT

Dropping for $2250. More of less the difference of shipping.

um excuse me fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Sep 3, 2018

Hachiman
Jun 17, 2018

I am looking for the Hummer H3 2009 3.5L instrument panel wire harness. The part number is GM 20755765. It has been discontinued so I can't find it in any store, junkyard, even Craiglist or eBay.

Anyone knows if there is a harness from another GM model that would fit the Hummer H3?

If anyone has any information that could help me find this part, new or used, I appreciate.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Hachiman posted:

I am looking for the Hummer H3 2009 3.5L instrument panel wire harness. The part number is GM 20755765. It has been discontinued so I can't find it in any store, junkyard, even Craiglist or eBay.

Anyone knows if there is a harness from another GM model that would fit the Hummer H3?

If anyone has any information that could help me find this part, new or used, I appreciate.

It's not at all cheap, but gmpartsdirect has it listed as a special order part, but presumably available. Have you checked with dealership parts desks?

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008
-sold-

TheNothingNew fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 15, 2018

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

For Sale: my 2007 Pontiac G6 (155,423 miles) in Portland, OR

I just dropped the craigslist price, I'll give anyone here a further deal, $1900

Picture album: https://imgur.com/a/j9X71pX

Craigslist post: https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/d/real-2007-pontiac-g6/6667492318.html

PM or call for more details. I'm available daily after 2:00 PM

Edit 09.05: Price drop AGAIN

Sold via facebook for $2300. I might be totally done with craigslist.

Chunjee fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 11, 2018

Hachiman
Jun 17, 2018

Raluek posted:

It's not at all cheap, but gmpartsdirect has it listed as a special order part, but presumably available. Have you checked with dealership parts desks?

They have it listed but on in stock. The part was discontinued so they can't get it from GM. It is the same thing everywhere I tried. I have placed the order twice already, just to receive an email a few days after telling me the part was discontinued and they don't have it. I have called a bunch of stores after that to confirm they had this part before placing the order, and the answer was always the same, harness part number 20755765 was discontinued by GM and they don't have it.

I couldn't find it on eBay or Craiglist either. On eBay I found a similar one that says it is for the Hummer H3 2009, but it has a different part number and I am still trying to confirm if it would fit mine.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Hachiman fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Aug 28, 2018

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

The GM parts direct folks should be able to give you cross-reference parts if yours is not available. It's possible there may not be any but it's worth a call for that info.

Hachiman
Jun 17, 2018

Goober Peas posted:

The GM parts direct folks should be able to give you cross-reference parts if yours is not available. It's possible there may not be any but it's worth a call for that info.

I have asked them that in an open ticket I have, thanks.

No lucky with that either.

Hachiman fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Sep 2, 2018

Hachiman
Jun 17, 2018

The harness I found on eBay should fit according to my mechanic.

Thanks guys.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

For Sale: our 2008 Saturn Aura with 164,000 miles in Portland, OR

The public price is $3600, I'll give anyone here a deal, $3100 but I cannot negotiate any lower.

Picture album: https://imgur.com/a/9CITDoj
Youtube video: Nr6CHUWnyGQ
Facebook Marketplace: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/267131603921592
Craigslist post: https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/d/2008-saturn-aura-164k-miles/6702917291.html

This is my friendly mechanic's car. His lifestyle is in a bit of flux so my dad and I bought it off him and the title is currently floating in his name and not ours. You can see him in the youtube video. We registered it last week.

quote:

The Good:
Meticulously Maintained
• Fuel Economy - 24 city, 33 hwy
• Twin Overhead Cam
• Non-Smoker
• Passed DEQ
• Air Conditioning works fine

Features:
• Automatic Transmission
• Power Windows
• Power Mirrors
• ABS Brakes
• Factory CD Player
• Remote Trunk Release
• Front / Rear Disc Brakes
• Cruise Control
• Hands-Free Mic

The Bad:
• Airbag light is on
• Right rear window stopped working last week

PM or call the phone number on craigslist for more details. I'm available daily after 2:00 PM

Sold to friend's daughter.

Chunjee fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Oct 28, 2019

Paulie
Jan 18, 2008

Edit: SOLD - that was quick 1991 Isuzu Trooper ~219,800 miles in York, SC

Asking $2750 and already getting some nibbles and visitors to see it. Will deffo do $2500 goon price.

Picture album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/xLbCn6qRoUyD1wyA7
Facebook Marketplace: it's there somewhere
Craigslist post: https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/d/1991-isuzu-trooper/6718416550.html

(C/P from CL ad) Nice 1991 Isuzu Trooper for sale. White exterior with brown interior. Peppy 2.8 V6, 5 speed manual, 4x4. Starts, runs, drives, stops. Even commuted to uptown 4-5 days a week for a few months - a 50 mile round trip! I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere.

The Good Stuff:

-Ride is great, and it's fun to drive - these vehicles have a ton of visibility, head room, and cargo capacity
-It looks great for it's age
-Split folding rear seat - seats will fold back flat, or forward
-Has a nice Pioneer Bluetooth/aux/CD stereo
-Tow package (1" receiver, wired 4 pin connection)

Previous owner had the following done in 2015-2016:
-New engine installed (approx 15k miles on it)
-Repainted
-New radiator
-Much more - I have tons of paperwork from the previous owner!

I recently replaced the following:
-Fan clutch
-Shocks, suspension bushings, sway bar bushings
-Distributor, cap, rotor, wires, plugs
-Vacuum hoses
-Window track/molding
-Shifter boot
-Catalytic converter
-Steering box
-Had windows tinted - made a HUGE difference in the summer heat - with the tint, the AC didn't have any trouble keeping me cool.
-Rebuilt throttle body
-Coolant flush
-5 new, matching tires 3 months ago

The Not As Good Stuff:
-Check engine light comes on intermittently. It's the oxygen sensor (confirmed code). I have a new AC Delco oxygen sensor that I will throw in at no charge. Just couldn't get to it, and since it doesn't affect driveability, it hasn't been a priority.
-Drivers side headlight gets water in it - this is extremely common, and the light still works fine. You can replace with a used or new headlight assembly.
-Interior overhead lights do not turn on - not a big deal to me, and probably an easy fix, just not a high priority.
-Drivers seat has cracks and splits, but I've definitely seen worse - an easy fix is to find another nice pass side seat and move it to the driver side seat frame.
-Some stains on carpet, dings on body, typical 28 year old vehicle stuff
-Missing radio surround

Plenty of life and adventure left in this one! Has the small issues listed, but has potential as full restore, or just a great second vehicle, beach/mountain/hunting vehicle, or just do it all as is.

PM me or check the CL ad for contact info :)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Paulie fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Oct 11, 2018

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
I'll give it a shot on AI. You'll have to ship it off the island or I can deliver once balance clears if you pay gas and ferry ticket through Prince Rupert Canada to destination.

2016 FRS release 2.0.
98xx miles
Oil has been changed ever 6 months
Gear oil just changed
Manual 6 speed
$22000

Kids are getting to big for the back so need to get a dad mobile within the next couple of years. Driver side door has a bit of touch up paint. Other then that in great condition.
Not in any big hurry to sell.

Melthir fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 16, 2018

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Portland, OR
Got some people that want stuff that isn't worth a lot of time:

Need a Camry for $2800 or less
Need a Subaru for $3000 or less
Need a Van for $1500 or less
Need an anything car for $1000

I'll take stuff that needs light fixing too. Show me your body damage.

Chunjee fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Apr 14, 2019

Opensourcepirate
Aug 1, 2004

Except Wednesdays
Boston MA

I'm looking for decent sets of winter tires. I'm actually looking for tires for three different vehicles - I already have extra wheels for all of them and they're all 16"s.

Let me know if you have any matched sets of 16" snows in MA or near the border in NH.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
Posting this one for a friend, the car is located in sunny Laguna Beach, CA and available to touch and feel and drive. Hit me up in DMs and I will put you in touch with him directly for any conversations via email. I have ridden in this, it is incredible. If you want specific pics of any parts of the car, we can get those quickly.

https://imgur.com/a/ytSiJtv

1957 Caterham Seven - 16,000 miles - manual - listed for $32,990

Assembled in 1999 but titled as a classic 1957, this Seven has to be experienced. A sincere sports car that has been offered as a kit since inception. The combination of its ultra-light weight, an open cockpit, and incredible simplicity amounts to a driving experience that is just plain fun. The Seven is the prototypical Lotus, even when wearing a Caterham badge. Titled and registered in California as a Classic, Special Construction vehicle, this car never needs to be smogged and qualifies for inexpensive Classic Car insurance.

You'll never have a more pure, fun driving experience whether you're taking her through the canyons to work or enjoying a day at the track.

0-60 MPH 5.00 SECONDS
TOP SPEED 120 MPH
LIST MSRP: $54,000

• 2.0L Ford Zetec Silver Top Engine, Fuel-Injected
• 145 BHP at one half ton weight
• Series 3 Chassis
• Brilliant 5 Speed Gearbox
• Custom-Painted Fenders & Nose in Nissan GT-R Spec V Ultimate Opal Black
• De Dion Rear Axle
• Classic Headlights & "Clamshell" Fenders
• Left-Hand Drive
• 14" Alloy Wheels
• New Dunlop Direzza 185/60R14 Tires
• Bucket Seats, 4-Point Harnesses
• Momo Steering Wheel
• Street package, including full weather equipment, carpeted interior, leather padded center console
• Heater
• Aero Filler Cap
• FIA Roll-Over Bar
• Removable Doors, Roof, Tonneau Cover

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Cleaning the "never installed, then sold the car" parts shelf. :v: Probably a long shot for some very random parts, but worth a shot. Local only (Detroit) since it's probably not worth the cost to ship them, unless you want to pay for actual shipping cost.

2001 Silverado front brake pads. Probably fit a billion other GM trucks and SUVs. Centric 102.07850 $10

2002-07 G35/350z front compression rods/LCAs. New, one for each side. Never installed. $50

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

e: sold biotch

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jan 3, 2019

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Someone buy the Gorester for $100. I really don't want to scrap it.

Man_of_Teflon
Aug 15, 2003

Crossposting my van's for sale post from ADVrider/Expedition Portal where I hope I might get more money for it... would cut a deal with a goon though:

1999 E350 V10 125k - Budget Stealth Camper/Motorcycle Hauler/Roadtripmobile in Chicago – $9500

(trip to Moab a couple years ago)

Looking to sell this beast. I’ve had it since 2015, when I got it as an empty cargo van with ~105k Nevada/California miles on it.

I designed it to serve as a stealth camper, motorcycle/kayak hauler, and roadtrip-mobile. Registered as an RV in Illinois with title in hand.

It purposefully looks crappy on the outside so nobody will break into it and steal things. All the brown spots on the outside body are Rustoleum paint covering every chip or mark in the paint I could find. The body and frame are in great shape with almost no rust.

I've parked it on the street in Chicago for over three years now without anyone messing with it.

I built this in my apartment’s parking lot without great tools, learning as I went, so the finishes are rough. But it serves its purpose very well, and I have kept the maintenance, so the van has a long life ahead of it. Lots of records of work done (I have over $3000 in receipts).

(most recent picture, trip back home to upstate NY)

It's made trips all over the country with up to ~1000lbs of motorcycle inside it all with zero trouble. Super heavy duty tie downs with backing plates are bolted through the floor in reinforced areas with quality hardware.

It has a full off-grid solar/battery bank setup. For stationary camping, the battery will go down by about 15-20% a week if it’s very sunny, or 15-20% in a weekend if it’s not. It has a sink, fridge, toilet, and a shower prototype, and a second row bench seat that is removable. It can still fit a dirt bike behind the bench seat when it is installed.

It has the 6.8 V10 engine, great for going over mountain passes with a full load. At first I was looking for a diesel, but the cost of maintenance and increase of a couple mpg didn't seem worth the much higher asking prices.

I’ve regularly managed 15-16mpg going 60-65 loaded. It’ll cruise very comfortably at 75-80mph but the mileage drops a bit to more like 13-14mpg. City driving is about 10mpg.

Electrical:

- 100w roof mounted solar panel.
- Bogart SC-2030 solar charger & Trimetric battery monitor with shunt - high-quality PWM charger & monitor combo that tracks amp-hours used in order to completely recharge an appropriate amount over 100% full (mini-equalization). Supports up to 30amps of power, very customizable for different battery setups. It would be easy to add additional panels in parallel (which would really only be needed for more extended off-grid stationary camping, you could just get a few more panels and use them outside on the ground on stands.)
- 416ah Interstate flooded lead acid battery bank bolted through the floor – dated 2015, rarely taken below 80-90%, regularly equalized/topped off so they should still have most of their life left.
- Alternator charging via relay for the battery bank while you drive.
- 60 amp Progressive Dynamics A/C charger for the battery bank.
- 1000w Magnum inverter with remote switch (not the MM1012, but the CSW1012. Looks a little more consumer quality but it has held up just fine).
- AC outlets wired on both sides of the van from the inverter.
- USB charging hub.
- Dual 12v cigarette outlets in the back.
- LED reading lights by the front seat and by the bed, and LED overhead lights.

Amenities:

- Older Waeco (now Dometic) DC fridge – the cycle is a little erratic sometimes but it has always kept the beer cold.
- Induction cooktop.
- Vanity with stainless sink, faucet and Shurflo pump plumbed to use 5 gallon fresh and 5 gallon grey jugs.
- A bed I hacked out of an old futon – folds up against the wall, down into a single bed, and expands up to the vanity for a double bed. The expanding method is a pain and is the first thing I’d redo in the van.
- Front passenger seat swivel.
- Removable second row bench seat. The driver’s side seatbelt had to be fudged a bit, so it isn’t in the best spot, but it’s better than nothing (lap belt is positioned correctly at least).
- Shower prototype – coffee urn for water heater, rechargeable showerhead pump, and a hoop made from PEX with curtains mounted to fold out of the way. Could be used outside, or inside with some modifications.
- Vanrug insulated waterproof foam carpet mat. It’s very comfortable to kneel on, which I have to do most of the time sadly, since I’m 6’5”. Surprisingly easy to clean, once dirt dries it vacuums right up with a shop-vac.
- Storage all over – some clothing bins, cabinets over the back and a shelf over the cab, with shelves running the length of the sides. A drying rack and some clothes hangers too, I like these much more than permanent closets because it leaves the van way more open.

Construction:

- Sound deadening on the walls and floor.
- Insulation for walls and ceiling – solid foam panels cut to shape, sealed with aluminum foil tape and spray foam to fill some cracks, all covered over with Prodex (like Reflectix but aluminum foil over foam instead of bubble wrap, a little more durable).
- MDF panels and burlap finishes. It’s a little rough because I’m not exactly an interior designer.
- Prodex window covers, and a Prodex windshield blocker.
- More Prodex in the van cab under the floor and in the doors. Basically the van is comfortable with body heat alone down to a low of around freezing. Anything colder than that and a heated sleeping pad makes things just fine. A 200w space heater that will chew through about 20% of the battery capacity in a night to keep you going down to a low in the teens.
- Oversized tie-downs in four strategic spots where I could bolt them through the floor where it was thickest. I’ve hauled a 750lb Tiger 1200 inside with no problems at all (and another small bike at the same time too!)

Other:

- Blackvue 2 channel dash cam (front and rear).
- Pioneer bluetooth head unit and 4 new speakers (nothing special but no rattling like the old ones that had crumbling paper cones). Wiring for a Bazooka sub (my sub has a wonky connection so not currently being used).
- A screen setup for the back door. Nice to sleep with fresh air right by your face but no bugs.

Exterior:

- Again, basically rust free. This was a Nevada van, and I don’t drive it much in the winter here unless I'm leaving the area. I have painted over all the chips showing bare metal with brown rustoleum, which makes it even uglier but seems to have completely protected the body. The underside is in excellent condition as well. The ONE spot of rust was in the front gutter on the passenger side. I stripped it, treated it with rust converter, painted it with rustoleum, and sealed it with 3M 5200. I have pics of that process if you're interested.
- Aerodynamic high-top roof. This leaked a bit when I got it due to prior owners running a screw up from the inside through the top (facepalm). I redid the fiberglass on the top where it was sagging, and did a layer of white bedliner over the whole affected area. Just to overdo it (the paint was peeling anyways), I then laid several layers of a quality thermoplastic roof coating over the whole roof, with Eternabond tape over the gutters to bypass them as apparently that is a problem area for these vans (see above rust issue). https://i.imgur.com/68YYuaO.jpg shows some detail.
- Class III tow hitch with brake controller in the cab. Comes with a pin adapter of some type too. I’ve never towed anything with the van but it appears it is set up to tow several thousand pounds if that’s your thing! It would be easy to get a hitch mount carrier too, either for more cargo or more motorcycle/bicycle carrying.
- Rear windows – this makes parallel parking and driving a 22 foot long van much easier in general. I’m so glad it doesn’t have the solid rear doors.
- I’m not sure if it’s lifted, but it looks taller than the other E350s I have seen so it may have been.

Maintenance/work done (documentation for most of this):

- Transmission fluid replaced at 103k
- Air filter replaced at 108k
- MAF cleaned at 108k
- Upper/lower ball joints replaced at 108k
- Front wheel bearings replaced at 108k
- All four tires replaced (Cooper Adventurers) and alignment done at about 110k
- Tire rotation, ball joint lube done at 115k
- All 12 coils and spark plugs replaced at 115k
- Serpentine belt replaced at 120k
- HVAC blend door and control switch replaced at 120k
- New Bosch premium starter battery at 122k
- Oil changed every 3k with 5-20w high milage semi-synthetic. Other fluids topped off each time.

Issues:

- The rear door lock has been pushed in and kinda dangles, but can still be operated by key. I think someone tried to break into the van sometime when a previous owner had it. Unlocking and locking worked fine when I got it, BUT not too long ago the rod that connects the keylock to the rest of the mechanism disconnected and can now be heard flopping around inside the door. I suspect that you could re-attach it pretty easily by opening up the panel that accesses the license plate bulb, but I haven't tried since it is cold now.
- The rear door weatherstripping is a little beat up. I put some aluminum tape on the rear lip of the roof to function as flashing and keep the water from flowing down directly onto the weatherstripping, and this has kept leaks at bay just fine.

---

I would get in the van and drive across the country no problem. I have taken it on 1000+ mile trips east and west. Made it through record snow last winter in Erie PA with no trouble… the van just plowed right through it all:

It would be easy for me to meet you at O’hare or Midway airport and for you to drive home anywhere. Let me know if you want additional pictures of anything!

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar
So I was wondering if anyone wants to sell me an IROC ... had one many years ago and was looking to get back in the (mulleted, Van Halen playing) game. Of course I have thoughts on what year/specs, but since they are getting harder to come by (unless you want to spend $30K for one that nobody ever KICKED rear end in) I figure I should start by asking if anyone even has or knows of one for sale.

If somehow I find my old one through this forum I will buy a keg for whoever makes it possible...88 or 89 (it's been a while), white, T-tops, 350 TPI (hence, automatic, I know I know) ... I'll try to dig out a VIN from old paperwork.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Slippery posted:

So I was wondering if anyone wants to sell me an IROC ... had one many years ago and was looking to get back in the (mulleted, Van Halen playing) game. Of course I have thoughts on what year/specs, but since they are getting harder to come by (unless you want to spend $30K for one that nobody ever KICKED rear end in) I figure I should start by asking if anyone even has or knows of one for sale.

If somehow I find my old one through this forum I will buy a keg for whoever makes it possible...88 or 89 (it's been a while), white, T-tops, 350 TPI (hence, automatic, I know I know) ... I'll try to dig out a VIN from old paperwork.

Where are you? It sounds like you're up for a fly and drive, but even so, knowing which coast could help.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

glyph posted:

Where are you? It sounds like you're up for a fly and drive, but even so, knowing which coast could help.

I apologize, I'm way out on the east coast near VA but would fly out somewhere. I appreciate any info, these cars are getting expensive, it appears.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Slippery posted:

I apologize, I'm way out on the east coast near VA but would fly out somewhere. I appreciate any info, these cars are getting expensive, it appears.
Just checked my local craigslist, and it looks like there’s a fair variety of what I’d call reasonable, although that perception varies.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/search/cta?query=iroc

There’s even one that matches your description for 11.5k:

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/oak-view-1989-camaro-iroc-z28/6798795583.html

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

'85 in Birmingham for 7200

'87 in Denver for 15k

'88 in Billings, MT for 9k

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

For the love of god, someone sell me a black e92 with xdrive, a manual transmission, and under 100k miles. I am in New England but happy to go as far as, like, DC. Maybe farther.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

For the love of god, someone sell me a black e92 with xdrive, a manual transmission, and under 100k miles. I am in New England but happy to go as far as, like, DC. Maybe farther.
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...5&firstRecord=0

There is no car in the USA that meets your desires so it's time to be realistic, not to beg on AI for someone to sell you a car for less than it's worth vvv

The Prong Song fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jan 28, 2019

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Yes I have autotrader alerts set up. I should have added that I'm looking to spend under 10k ideally. Also, no SULEV.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Selling the AMG

https://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/6807088580.html

BABIED AND WELL CARED FOR

EvellSnoats
Oct 22, 2010

Slippery posted:

This one is kinda close to my lakehouse. Tennessee is mullet hotrod heaven. Show winners in Memphis are fairly special IMHO.

https://jacksontn.craigslist.org/cto/d/greenfield-1989-iroc-camero/6807572462.html

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

xpostin' https://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/d/cleveland-1997-subaru-impreza-brighton/6811255170.html

PM me for any further details if needed.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

sold

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Apr 2, 2019

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

You boys like racin'? :clint: Buy my race suit, shoes, nomex balaclava and socks.

-Simpson S19 race suit, size Large. I'm 6'1 and 195 and it fit me well. Black, 2 layer fireproof suit, SFI 3-2A/5 rating. $400 new.
-Simpson high top racing shoes, size 12. Also black. SFI 3.3/5 rated. $100 new. Normally I wear an 11 and think I had to size up for these to be comfy.
-Nomex balaclava and socks. SFI 3.3.

Everything was only used for literally one Chumpcar race. It's a couple years old but in like new condition. $400 OBO for all of it, but I'm willing to separate. I'm in Detroit but can ship. PM for questions.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

The Prong Song posted:

There is no car in the USA that meets your desires so it's time to be realistic, not to beg on AI for someone to sell you a car for less than it's worth vvv
These actually pop up all the time with those specs at that price, the trouble is finding a black one. I was just gone for a month and alas, a few were sold in my absence. So, don't be a dick!

Roman Rambo
Dec 21, 2009
Goony goons, if you're looking for a vbox sport GPS laptimer have I got the deal for you:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Racelogic-Vbox-Sport-Performance-Lap-Time-Data-Logger-with-Suction-Mount/323764550665

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

poof

toplitzin fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jun 25, 2019

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Bit of a feeler.
1987 Toyota Corolla Sport SR-5 coupe, 5-speed

Extensive pictures and what-I-done-to-it in thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3838374&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

202,000 miles - will go up slowly, as I drive it occasionally.

Fixed a lot of stuff.
Recent rear wheel bearings and seals on right side side.
Recent ceramic rear brake shoes and slave cylinders
Recent (drilled and slotted) front discs and ceramic pads
Recent rear tires
14" x 6" Celica "Baby Supra" wheels
4 original 13" steel wheels (bad tires) and one 13" aluminum wheel with decent tire.
Rear side interior panels rebuilt with original upholstery
Fabricated new rear deck panel and carpet.
Rocket Bunny style duck tail spoiler - will probably repaint soon.
Wider rear fiberglass over-fenders (one has a crack, see thread)
Recent eBay lowering springs (replaced cut originals.)
Carpet dash cover
Short shifter of some sort.
New AC condenser. (AC was working - may have a leak, will attempt to recharge/fix.)
Seats and carpet are half decent. A couple small holes and pulls on driver's seat, carpet worn but serviceable.
Sunroof works
Cruise control works!
I was told it had a new gas tank and fuel level sender when I bought it. It certainly looks new.
Previous owned did cam cover, oil pan and front main seal gaskets, but I think the main seal is leaking again.
Muffler shop exhaust (no cat). I replaced the non-name muffler with a Flowmaster I had handy.
Fabricated bumper bar to mount aftermarket fiberglass JDM-style bumper and air dam.
Roof spoiler (currently uninstalled)
New OEM faceplate on HVAC controls.
Replaced heater valve control cable with one from a 4Runner (more flexible, therefore, works.)
New brake and clutch pedal pads
Goes and stops pretty decent. Transmission seems happy.
Current Texas reg and inspection. Gets driven about once a week.
HID headlights in glas H4 housings.

Bad:
Front "frame horns" bent out of level - one bumper mount is about 3/4" higher than the other. Little bit of wrinkling in the unibody rails. Does not seem to extend past the core support area. The bumper bar brackets were fabricated to account for the difference, so bumper is level.
Damage to left-rear quarter panel under over-fender, see pics in thread.
Right over-fender is cracked, no pieces missing.
Hood has wrinkles in it from the same accident that bent the rest of the front end.
Spray-bomb teal/aqua paint job
Quite a bit of blowby in the engine (see thread - it has a video!)
Aftermarket "American" Weber needs tuning, runs well, but very rich.
Probably needs struts and shocks
Original dash pad cracked.
Left rear side window leaks a little - needs to be removed and reglued.
Both door interior panels need to be rebuilt. Upholstery is OK-ish, but pressboard is warped/fraying. Fixed! Fitted original upholstery to new resin-coated hardboard with new padding. Came out nice! See thread.
Rear differential is noisy (have a spare, seems-to-be-good third member from an automatic [lower gear ratio].)
Needs alignment - still in "drift spec", and twitchy as gently caress.
Cracked the dang air dam on a parking berm. No chunks missing, repairable.
HID headlights in glas H4 housings.

I don't have any particular attachment to the car, I traded it figuring I could sell it more easily than the '90 RX-7 I traded it for, after a little work. Now it's taking time and money away from my first love, my '79 Mazda RX-7, not to mention parking space, so I'd like it to go now.
I'd try to get $3500 out of this thing, if it were on Craigslist, just for the inevitable time-wasters.
$3200 goon price for saving me the pain.

I do have PMs, or just ping me in this thread, or my thread above.

Most recent pics:

After lowering springs (that raised the car...)

Bumper bar:

Cracked air dam:

Over-fender crack:

Lots and lots more pictures in the thread, or tell me what you want to see and I'll post or take the photo if needed.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Mar 6, 2020

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013
SOLD on Craigslist
Anyone want to buy my Civic? Located in Denver, CO. I've daily driven this car since 2006. It's a 1997 EX (D16Y8 SOHC VTEC), 5 speed manual with 167K miles. It runs fine but it needs new CV axles on driver and passenger side. Paint isn't the prettiest as it has classic 90's Honda clear coat failure. Clean Colorado title. Goon price is $1200.

More pictures: https://imgur.com/a/2VrdtQE

Nohearum fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Apr 28, 2019

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
This is my stick shift 2009 Corolla for sale in the Seattle area. Moving day is in one month. Price will drop if it doesn't sell.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/d/bellevue-2009-toyota-corolla/6876353186.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
SOLD!

Deus Ex Macklemore fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jul 17, 2019