Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I signed a 10 month in September so it’s over in June. I can renew as early as March though. Signed a 10 month because I didn’t know if I would like living there but I do, so I’m going to lock them in as long as possible when I renew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

8-10 month leases are the best so they can kick you out for summer airbnb’n

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

They extended my current lease to April from February last time I signed because they don't like trying to get new tenants in the winter. So I'm not upset about more time locked in at this rate. The seller's market should be over in a year so I can go buy a house. My apartment is alright but I don't like tossing a bunch of money away every month and having nothing to show for it.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Dude my renters (around 22-23) didn’t want to sign a lease because “they trust me”. I told them that was a mistake and cover their own tail. So they are just month to month. I could rent out the studio for 750 easily but I like the dumb kids.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Dude my renters (around 22-23) didn’t want to sign a lease because “they trust me”. I told them that was a mistake and cover their own tail. So they are just month to month. I could rent out the studio for 750 easily but I like the dumb kids.

:shobon:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Trader Joes' has a six pack (cans) of some kind of ale that is four dollars. The beer guy says it's actually quite tasty and it's almost 8% ABV. We'll see beer guy, we'll see.

edit: I am a harsh but fair overlord. I gave my minions a bunch of really lovely work to do but told them they can go telework the rest of the week, but if the stuff isn't turned in when I need it and/or they're not available when they should be, I'll have their heads. I think that's fair.

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jan 24, 2019

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Vasudus posted:

Trader Joes' has a six pack (cans) of some kind of ale that is four dollars. The beer guy says it's actually quite tasty and it's almost 8% ABV. We'll see beer guy, we'll see.

edit: I am a harsh but fair overlord. I gave my minions a bunch of really lovely work to do but told them they can go telework the rest of the week, but if the stuff isn't turned in when I need it and/or they're not available when they should be, I'll have their heads. I think that's fair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeOsRggJO4s

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
basically yea

edit: i have three reports that are under 25 and this is their first job, ever

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jan 24, 2019

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If they don't work hire me. I'll do 32-35 hours of outstanding work for you weekly.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'll work for you if you pee in a cup for me.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i have to brief the loving cjcs on monday alongside my boss so yea, if they don't deliver the goods then i'll probably have room for hiring lmao

i don't usually get nervous doing briefings for higher ups but i guess there's exceptions to everything

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

EBB posted:

I'll work for you if you pee in a cup for me.

How about your mouth

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

WHAT

https://twitter.com/TheJeffBridges/status/1088481555582996480

WHAT

WHAT

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

jeff...why

why you gotta join the dead sequel bandwagon

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's probably just gonna be a superbowl ad for budweiser

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

EBB posted:

jeff...why

why you gotta join the dead sequel bandwagon

He's out of money for coke and hookers

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Vasudus posted:

its not good folks

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Vasudus posted:

its not good folks

Sapporo is. 5 bucks 6-pack

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Get yourself some Hamm's or Schlitz for the cheap beer wagon, either that or Mexican (Modelo, Pacifico, Bohemia, etc.) beer. Although if I want cheap beer I go to my awesome neighborhood dive bar that has free popcorn and liters of beer for less than $5.

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 25, 2019

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i don't need good cheap beer

i do know that i can't trust the beer guy at the store now though

there's a surprising amount of good beer at trader joes under their brand though

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Vasudus posted:

i don't need good cheap beer

i do know that i can't trust the beer guy at the store now though

there's a surprising amount of good beer at trader joes under their brand though

Make sure that he knows that he let you down

Let me guess its some super hoppy ipa bullshit

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
No it's an ale, supposedly middle of the road and mellow.

It does have too much hops though for an ale though, even if it doesn't specifically advertise it.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Vasudus posted:

No it's an ale, supposedly middle of the road and mellow.

It does have too much hops though for an ale though, even if it doesn't specifically advertise it.

Do they not have kegs tapped at work for you?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
about three years ago one of the people i worked with left the company to go work for a small that did basically the same work, but offered a comp boost + ~free beer at the workplace!!!!1 and no suits~

it turns out that everyone there was just a bunch of lovely drunks that were tired of sneaking out to have a drink midday without getting the shakes

that's my beer at work story :tipshat:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Thankfully in small-medium oil related businesses it's still fine to be a raging alcoholic as long as you're taking clients with you

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Vasudus posted:

about three years ago one of the people i worked with left the company to go work for a small that did basically the same work, but offered a comp boost + ~free beer at the workplace!!!!1 and no suits~

it turns out that everyone there was just a bunch of lovely drunks that were tired of sneaking out to have a drink midday without getting the shakes

that's my beer at work story :tipshat:

yeah and I bet they got fuckin paaaaaid

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
most of your smalls are roughly 30% over market for most in-demand skills because that's usually what it takes to poach people

health insurance is a crapshoot, as are benefits, management, etc.

they also tend to fold immediately if they lose a contract

i can't say if it's better or worse than large corporate hellscape dystopia honestly

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

from what i can tell working with guys at companies like SAIC and Raytheon vs. the small businesses is that working for a small business is way worth the extra pain of shuffling over to a new one every year or so, as long as your skillset/experience are specialized enough to make hiring automatic

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
yeah probably, there's a few skillsets in my market that you can basically write your own ticket

unfortunately i'm not one of them, though project managers are always needed they don't exactly pay gently caress-you levels of money like ~data science~ does even if the money is still very good

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

oh my god the data science initiative at my agency has done nothing but produce the world's smuggest analysis team with the worst work ethic. it's like a microcosm of double-STEMlords within a STEM field

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
big data and data science as a whole is a scam

i mean there's very legitimate use cases for it, i'm certain

but that doesn't stop every single company in the universe from thinking that they are the legitimate use case

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
One of my clients keeps clamoring for more data insights so they're paying umpteen vendors for poo poo and no one can actually answer if this is helping make more money.

(It isn't)

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
data science juniors, as in a masters with zero experience or qualifications can get a job for ~90k

a phd can pull 120k, again with zero experience

these are east coast prices

(for those unaware that's roughly 40% over other disciplines and on-par with dudes with very special skills + clearances already)

A SOF Marine
May 29, 2013
Meanwhile I just want someone that knows Tableau.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Soulex posted:

Sapporo is. 5 bucks 6-pack

Asahi is the superior Japanese beer. Also Japan does American style whiskey really well too.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Asahi is pretty legit. Sapporo is good too, but Asahi is my favourite out of the two

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Vasudus posted:

data science juniors, as in a masters with zero experience or qualifications can get a job for ~90k

a phd can pull 120k, again with zero experience

these are east coast prices

(for those unaware that's roughly 40% over other disciplines and on-par with dudes with very special skills + clearances already)

I need to find some computer touching to get into, the video market is so saturated around here I'm having trouble getting out of this poo poo contract making the same video every couple months. The two-week trips to Yakima are the only break from it.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jan 25, 2019

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I have never, ever heard the arena so loud as it was tonight.

I'm ex-Army, so I like giving Marines petty poo poo by default, but these guys were awesome. They were pretty silent up through halftime when a kid around 5 or 6 started to mess around on the open court and shoot baskets. Every time he scored, the Marine Detachment went nuts. When our team came back out on the court, the crowd was thunderous. I was right next to the bench and our team was giddy and excited and happy about the noise. They loved the support. We also had a dude dunk 5 loving times, and one went for a Be Like Mike dunk. There were something like 7 or 8 dunks in the game. Like watching NBA Jam.

Great experience

album:https://imgur.com/a/zRZ01wE

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I cannot loving stop laughing

This is the greatest.

And he still has 3 wings left :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Gordon Ramsay fuckin owns

Please don't crush my dreams and tell me he's a serial harasser or wife beater or something :(

e: I just got to the ring of fire part and :lol: He is visibly hosed up right now.

LMFAO that chug

colachute fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Jan 25, 2019