Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How was gleep gloop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
Gleep Glossary is a little rough right now but it'll find it's footing. Eric trying to maintain control over the other guys was pretty funny - it's still pretty strong.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Anything that encourages Eric & Cabin to lock horns usually has good results.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I lost my poo poo at jizz juliard.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
http://collider.com/best-picture-winners-ranked/

Resident Zoo Expert Chris Cabin is back on his review game. His first review line is "what an absolutely wretched undertaking". :haw:

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Captain Hotbutt posted:

Resident Zoo Expert Chris Cabin is back on his review game. His first review line is "what an absolutely wretched undertaking". :haw:

I'm pretty sure this is a repost from last year, updated with an additional best picture. Glad to see him back out there again.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Captain Hotbutt posted:

He's way too nice to wretched piece of flaming poo poo Forrest Gump

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Watched Life Itself before the episode dropped. It wasn't nearly as bad as The Love Guru. It wasn't good either, but yeah, I think claims of it being the worst piece of poo poo in a long time have definitely been exaggerated. It was melodramatic as hell and the dialogue was super cringeworthy at times, but it wasn't the worst movie I saw in 2018. There were definitely movie watching experiences I enjoyed less last year, like Mile 22. I have a feeling The Happytime Murders next week will make me far angrier, for example.

Now time to listen to the episode on it!

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018

Captain Hotbutt posted:

"This musical, which follows the courtship between a wealthy Parisian bachelor and the titular young woman who captures his attention when so many other woman simply bore or disgust him, gave us one of the more famed renditions of Jacques Brel’s infamous “Thank Heaven for Little Girls.” That’s not a compliment." I didn't even know this song or movie existed until now. It's Gigi (1958) if you were wondering.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

They announced some tour dates, with a pre-sale tomorrow at noon on their Twitter. Boston, DC, Philly and NY.

I'm gonna be first in line at the Boston show.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
And tangents ahoy during this episode

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I haven’t seen the flick yet, but holy gently caress is it a stealth sequel to Bicentennial Man? What is this timeline?

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Reading the wiki plot summary makes me think this movie is like 11 hours long.

But are the shots of the lady getting creamed by the bus done well? Like a nice Final Destination blood explosion?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I still listen to podcasts on my iPod Classic...

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I don't think I've said "What?" to an episode so much in a long time. I loving lost it when Steve had to clarify that Antonia Banderas showing up wasn't a bit because I honestly did a double-take in my car when they got to that point.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Eric deleted a tweet stating that for the live tour all the movies would be ////////////////////////////Nic Cage Movies////////////////////////////. I assume he deleted it because they hadn't announced that yet.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Brocktoon posted:

Eric deleted a tweet stating that for the live tour all the movies would be ////////////////////////////Nic Cage Movies////////////////////////////. I assume he deleted it because they hadn't announced that yet.

It was announced in the life itself podcast

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Brocktoon posted:

They've announced that already though?

At least the last few ads I heard from Jupin during a recent watch announced that but they haven't said the exact movies.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Billy Gnosis posted:

It was announced in the life itself podcast

It was? I guess I missed that....

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Just a heads up that we had Steve on Talking Simpsons this week to discuss The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson https://talkingsimpsons.libsyn.com/talking-simpsons-the-city-of-new-york-vs-homer-simpson-with-stephen-sajdak

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I went in thinking "ok this another Collateral Beauty adjacent type oscar grab" but man this is on another level.

Septic Knothead
Jul 23, 2009

Boris S Wart
The Second Meanest Man In The World
I'm going to the NYC show. It will be my first time seeing them live. I'm glad they're finally going to be in Manhattan, it is much easier for me to get to than Brooklyn.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Cael posted:

I went in thinking "ok this another Collateral Beauty adjacent type oscar grab" but man this is on another level.

Oh it can't be that weird...

*checks Wikipedia plot description*

What the holy hell is going on in this movie?

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

It sounds like the worst of 2019 will kick off with Serenity, because holy loly the third act twist in that movie

Dukket
Apr 28, 2007
So I says to her, I says “LADY, that ain't OIL, its DIRT!!”
I am not a fan of Youtube only mailbag. I just want to d/l it and listen while I'm driving or walking or cleaning the house.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Dukket posted:

I am not a fan of Youtube only mailbag. I just want to d/l it and listen while I'm driving or walking or cleaning the house.

:same:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I prefer mailbag as video but would still appreciate an option to download it on the feed. I think Bad Movie Fiends has the rhythm down for this kinda thing - they do a livecast on Youtube with a loose flow and minimal production, then they release the podcast version a few days later with tight editing and good polish.

Dukket
Apr 28, 2007
So I says to her, I says “LADY, that ain't OIL, its DIRT!!”

DoombatINC posted:

I prefer mailbag as video but would still appreciate an option to download it on the feed. I think Bad Movie Fiends has the rhythm down for this kinda thing - they do a livecast on Youtube with a loose flow and minimal production, then they release the podcast version a few days later with tight editing and good polish.

Well thats part of it, why NOT release it later as a podcast, I don't even need it edited down. I mean there were a few visual gags in the last one, but by and large it going to be four guys in a small room who can't quite look straight at one another because of mikes.

Anyway, I complain too much.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Nah, I don’t like it either. I listen to the show at work. I’m not going to sit and watch a thirty minute YouTube video.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Fart City posted:

Nah, I don’t like it either. I listen to the show at work. I’m not going to sit and watch a thirty minute YouTube video.

You know you can just like play the video but not watch it...

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Awww gently caress, I just remembered I was going to request Wish Upon for LRM and now it’s way too late.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

A strong contender for worst of 2019 approaches: https://www.slashfilm.com/serenity-ending-twist/

I feel like they can do a lot of work with the way this movie goes.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Jerk McJerkface posted:

You know you can just like play the video but not watch it...

No. I like things the way they are. No change.

ever.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Pops Mgee posted:

Awww gently caress, I just remembered I was going to request Wish Upon for LRM and now it’s way too late.

That movie is a great stupid/bad watch. I love how she becomes a wish junkie by the end.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
On Screen: Glass on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWuDyEwh9Ms

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

There's plenty of sites and browser plugins that will turn a youtube link into an mp3 you can download.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"Pecker hurts!"

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Pops Mgee posted:

That movie whips so much rear end. RL Stine's Final Destination.

Also the gang in in Philly the night of my last final I basically have to go, I guess.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I'm not a fan of the Youtube stuff either, but I understand their desire for that sweet, sweet ad revenue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

enigmahfc posted:

I'm not a fan of the Youtube stuff either, but I understand their desire for that sweet, sweet ad revenue.
Does the Glass On-Screen even count as a numbered episode? Is there an audio-only version of it? I watched it on YouTube but I don't think it's showed up in my podcast app.