Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yelled “gently caress!” at my TV at the end of Wayne. Seriously hope that gets renewed, consistently great the whole way through, plus they probably need to figure out a way to make Mike O’Malley and the friend character relevant to the actual main storyline of the show. That and the Killer Mike show are definitely the highlights of TV in the first month of this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

Don’t worry, it’ll just be a super bowl ad.

Wayne finale is extremely satisfying

Ah, well. I don't really want a Big Lebowski sequel but I can't deny the idea intrigues me. I don't have conflicting feelings about a Lebowski advertisment though.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

That and the Killer Mike show are definitely the highlights of TV in the first month of this year.

Finished the Killer Mike show today and yeah, that was great. More than anything, it reminded me of Wyatt Cenac's HBO show, though less depressing and with a focus beyond police.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

What if... what if this year's Netflix Superbowl surprise is The Big Lebowski 2?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

asecondduck posted:

What if... what if this year's Netflix Superbowl surprise is The Big Lebowski 2?

I absolutely refuse to believe it. The only way I could go for another Lebowski movie is if the Coens or MAYBE Noah Hawley were writing/directing, and if that were the case, there’s no way it wouldn’t make noise in pre-production.

If this is indeed what’s going down, though, I’d never be happier to eat those words and I guess I should also do something embarrassing in its honor.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Answered my own question about Future Man: episode 8 is the first one to move the plot forward in a significant way, and also had one genuinely hilarious sequence. I’m not sure if the quality has necessarily improved (watched up to the end of 9) or if it’s just better because the plot is actually going places, but I’m definitely not as bored as I was.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

DivisionPost posted:

I absolutely refuse to believe it. The only way I could go for another Lebowski movie is if the Coens or MAYBE Noah Hawley were writing/directing, and if that were the case, there’s no way it wouldn’t make noise in pre-production.

If this is indeed what’s going down, though, I’d never be happier to eat those words and I guess I should also do something embarrassing in its honor.

I like Lebowski a lot (it's not my favorite 90s Coen Bros movie or anything but as far as cult movies it feels way more deserving than most) but I really don't feel like it needs a sequel. They've done takes on similar ideas, Burn After Reading and A Serious Man especially hit on the same concept of characters failing to be aware of or control the situations that they're in and how they and the world around them deals with it, but a direct sequel feels like it would be a waste of time and resources since everybody already knows the goof.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Guy Mann posted:

I like Lebowski a lot (it's not my favorite 90s Coen Bros movie or anything but as far as cult movies it feels way more deserving than most) but I really don't feel like it needs a sequel. They've done takes on similar ideas, Burn After Reading and A Serious Man especially hit on the same concept of characters failing to be aware of or control the situations that they're in and how they and the world around them deals with it, but a direct sequel feels like it would be a waste of time and resources since everybody already knows the goof.

100X this. It'd be pointless and take the Coen Bros away from better projects.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The Coens making their first sequel to anything would be a sight to behold. Whatever they'd do I'm sure it'd be nontraditional in the best possible way. I don't think we'd ever be at risk for Another Adventure of The Dude.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
No way in hell its a sequel. I mean, I’m still going to be worried about it until the ad has actually aired, but there’s no way in hell.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

No way in hell its a sequel. I mean, I’m still going to be worried about it until the ad has actually aired, but there’s no way in hell.

I'm voting for Kahlua. It'll be like the Crocodile Dundee thing last year and we'll all forget about it immediately.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

feedmyleg posted:

I'm voting for Kahlua. It'll be like the Crocodile Dundee thing last year and we'll all forget about it immediately.

I still don't see how anyone thought the Crocodile Dundee one was real. I can see it MAYBE having turned INTO a real thing based on the reception, but we would have heard about it for 2 years before had it been real.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Medullah posted:

I still don't see how anyone thought the Crocodile Dundee one was real. I can see it MAYBE having turned INTO a real thing based on the reception, but we would have heard about it for 2 years before had it been real.

This thread may have, but half of the general public was surprised by the announcement of Endgame so...
:shrug:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I mean, it's almost certainly an ad of Kahlua or something but hey, you never know.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Medullah posted:

People were confused about the ending of Fellowship of the Ring because they didn't know it was three books

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mu Zeta posted:

People were confused about the ending of Fellowship of the Ring because they didn't know it was three books

I think that was the one where someone in the theater in front of me loudly said "what the Hell?" when it ended. In a tone that certainly suggested they weren't playing it up for yucks.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Bruceski posted:

I think that was the one where someone in the theater in front of me loudly said "what the Hell?" when it ended. In a tone that certainly suggested they weren't playing it up for yucks.

That guy definitely doesn’t go out to see movies anymore...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CW has ordered a kind of weird spin off of Jane the Virgin. The plan is it to be an anthology series with the premise being that each season will be a different novel that Jane has written.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

muscles like this! posted:

CW has ordered a kind of weird spin off of Jane the Virgin. The plan is it to be an anthology series with the premise being that each season will be a different novel that Jane has written.
The first one is about her getting involved with a Mexican cartel but then becoming an informant for the feds.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They also ordered a Riverdale spinoff set in New York, a Nancy Drew thing, and a Lost Boys show.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hot Ones killed Gordon Ramsey lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9DyHthJ6LA

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Sean doesn't even break a sweat anymore.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

Sean doesn't even break a sweat anymore.

Reddit says Gordy said gently caress 116 times.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Anybody got anything to say about the Canadian crime drama Cardinal? Looks like it could be worthwhile.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lmao at how much poo poo Ramsay has in that bag

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just finished binging through Escape at Dannemora on a friend's recommendation. That was a thoroughly entertaining look into prison corruption/escape. Fantastic performances from all involved, especially the 3 leads (Paul Dano, Benicio Del Toro and Patricia Arquette).

Benicio Del Toro chopping up that guy's body in episode 6 :stonk:

Also, Ben Stiller directed that whole thing? drat, I didn't even realize he was capable of directing something like that. I mean he directed Tropic Thunder, which is probably one of my favorite comedies of all time, but I didn't think he could direct something this dramatic. Dude's got range!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Ben Stiller directed that Oscar bait movie a few years back. He hired the best cinematographer and soundtrack guy and everything.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Ben Stiller has directed a lot of things. He directed Reality Bites!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That movie was trash though. 12 year old me loved it because of Winona Ryder being the hottest on the planet.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I just mean he's been directing for a long time tbh

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I finally got to watch the Hulu Fyre documentary. Even though it's poo poo they paid McFarland a load of cash I'm still glad I got to see his perspective cause it's really interesting from an armchair psychologist perspective. The other thing that stuck out to me was that for all the poo poo that he did and people he ripped off the only reason he's in the trouble he's in is because he ripped off investors too and the fact he only got punished cause he hurt the guys with money is real bullshit.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I watched the Netflix Fyre doc tonight. It was a weird deal where I found myself completely unsympathetic to the actual paying customers who got scammed because like... they all came off like the rich little brats you'd expect. But I found myself feeling really bad for the people who worked for the guy, even if I wasn't even sure how complicit they were. Like obviously they were putting their best version of the events for themselves when none of them had any idea it was as bad as it was. But it was a very believable story and I have an easier time believing that one deluded con artist just pushed them all with pressure and lies than that they were all weirdos who did a scam and then hung around to get caught.

I actually knew very little about the Fyre Festival because i guess "Ja Rule rips off a bunch of spoiled rich kids" just didn't catch my attention as something to care about. But a hell of a weird story to have completely missed.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This is loving great. He sounds like he has Tourette's, just saying "OH poo poo" and "gently caress" over and over again while trying to talk through the pain :laffo:

I can sympathize with the pain because I've eaten a whole ghost pepper and a Carolina Reaper before.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I did a Deadly Class ting.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3880542

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

This is loving great. He sounds like he has Tourette's, just saying "OH poo poo" and "gently caress" over and over again while trying to talk through the pain :laffo:

I can sympathize with the pain because I've eaten a whole ghost pepper and a Carolina Reaper before.

Bill Burr is my fav "I'm eating all this chicken btw, a bird died for this." "You calling me a pussy, i'll put two dabs on it"

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jan 25, 2019

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
How much of the documentary money is MacFarland even going to see after the lawsuits and creditors get their piece of it?

bou
Aug 3, 2006

On the off-chance that i 'm not the only one who is excited about this, a reminder:

https://twitter.com/HBOPR/status/1088529245146632193

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

bou posted:

On the off-chance that i 'm not the only one who is excited about this, a reminder:

:hellyeah: Season 5 was good so I am ready for more.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

bou posted:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Bruceski posted:

My dad loves almost any action movies, but my family loves reselling the story about him standing up in the theater at the end of Fellowship of the Ring and roaring "BULLSHIT!"

He really had no idea it was part one of a trilogy, but later on, he became a big fan.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jan 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bou posted:

Does everyone on this show have the same haircut?

After the principle 2 leads left, are they switching the cast up every season or what