Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

cock hero flux posted:

it really ruins the believability of this that laurier, who by his name is quebecois, is happy about less money going to quebec
You will nowhere find a person more dedicated to stomping on Quebec than an anglo whose family left the province

(I don't know if it's true at all tbh I just made that up but it sounds like a thing people might say)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I've been in this cheese curd and gravy swamped great white northern graveyard for healthcare concerns and suntan for four years and I've yet to find a native Canadian who'll gush positive about the snow frogs. "Montreal is amazing, just beautiful! Oh, the people...?"

When I say native Canadian I mean person born and raised in Canada. But I guess the same applies to traditional owner native Canadians for similar, yet different reasons.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

we don't keep them from separating because we want them, we do it to protect the rest of the world

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

de only bad ting about montréal is dat you can't turn right on de red light.

but, you know, tabarnac, you can still go ri tru it!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Whenever I go to quebec I ride in a popemobile style domed car, so that I can avoid interacting with the quebecois

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Last time I went to Quebec I ended up going to a Jewish bakery that was staffed entirely by Ecuadorians. I don't remember anything else about Montreal.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

I used to live in Quebec City and the only thing that kept me sane was my inability to speak french

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I went to Montreal once and it was very nice.

I have more quibbles with Torontonians.

E: yes, it is really Canada; let me cut you off.

Ee: I went to a cafe once in Quebec City. I think I was 13. The waitress asked if I wanted mustard and I, using my French in the wild for the first time, forgot the word and didn't understand what she was asking. She then yelled "moutard!" (sp?) at me until the whole restaurant was staring. Not once did she think to grab the bottle and show me. So gently caress that lady. It was also very cold, but that's not her fault.

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 10:08 on Jan 26, 2019

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Bad thread good posting

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Can't have people thinking you're gay by...

*checks notes*

Procreating with a woman.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Karate Bastard posted:

Bad thread good posting

https://youtu.be/ESLUy-_yaLw

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I went to Montreal once and it was very nice.

I have more quibbles with Torontonians.

E: yes, it is really Canada; let me cut you off.

Ee: I went to a cafe once in Quebec City. I think I was 13. The waitress asked if I wanted mustard and I, using my French in the wild for the first time, forgot the word and didn't understand what she was asking. She then yelled "moutard!" (sp?) at me until the whole restaurant was staring. Not once did she think to grab the bottle and show me. So gently caress that lady. It was also very cold, but that's not her fault.

She thought of it and chose not to because no quebecker would ever pass up the chance to yell at an anglo

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

RandomFerret posted:

She thought of it and chose not to because no quebecker would ever pass up the chance to yell at an anglo

I mean considering what anglos are posting here she was completely justified

e: I understand the anger, though, post-secession Canada is going to have absolutely awful borders.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Holy poo poo lol. Amazing work. I know a couple Canadian F-35 drivers, I'll have to share that with them.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Guy in the personal finance newbies thread asking for advice about getting a $5,000 loan with bad credit. When pressed on why he needed the loan,

Icey posted:

I work online with a group that distributes products that are paid for by Bitcoin. The Avenue for growth is exponential as I can charge up to 1,000% more than the original cost that I'm getting these products.

The owner of the company I have found out is not a good person and he is doing some very shady things involving illegal activities with underage girls.

I told him that I could no longer be associated with him and he responded in the harshest mannor.

My wife has been taken on a non voluntary Vacation by my former employer and I was sent a warning in the form of something very dear to her through overnight mail. Let's just say she won't be practicing her violin as often in the future.

I'm being asked for a sum to end this vacation that is beyond by means exponentially. I have decided The Only Way Forward is to Precure certain devices which will help to end this vacation. If I go to the police my wife will certainly be killed.

I need an AR 20 which is valued at $2,200, 5 hand grenades at $300 a piece, and a vicious pitbull for seven hundred. The successful outcome of this plan requires all of these things. I already have grappling hooks and razor wire so don't think I've overlooked this necessity.

My wife's life is on the line but I need 5K in order to buy the things I need to secure her release.

Some missions are not a choice.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Volkerball posted:

Guy in the personal finance newbies thread asking for advice about getting a $5,000 loan with bad credit. When pressed on why he needed the loan,

Some missions are not a choice.

:stare:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i would loan that man 5k

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I didn't know Liam Neeson had an account.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

sneakyfrog posted:

i would loan that man 5k

The plan is sounder and MUCH more thoroughly thought out than Doobie's Doghouse ever was. I'm in for $20 if someone wants to start the gofundme page.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kitfox88 posted:

I didn't know Liam Neeson had an account.

I don't have money, or skills, but what I do have are a very particular set of certain devices. Certain devices I've Precured with a loan from my grandma. Certain devices that can end non voluntary Vacations like this. If you give me the rest of my wifes hand now, that will be the end of it.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm gonna be honest, I did not expect to see Goon Wick when I opened this thread today

e: OP sounds like a non-native English speaker, probably from an Asian country, so maybe "The Goon Comes For Us" is a better joke

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

:emptyquote:

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Volkerball posted:

I work online with a group that distributes games that are paid for by Bitcoin. The Avenue for growth is exponential as I can charge up to 1,000% more than the original cost that I'm getting these warez.

The owner of the company I have found out is not a good person and he is doing some very shady things involving illegal activities with underage hackers.

I told him that I could no longer be associated with him and he responded in the harshest mannor.

My realdolle has been taken on a non voluntary Vacation by my former employer and I was sent a warning in the form of something very dear to her through overnight mail. Let's just say she won't be practicing her smash bros as often in the future.

I'm being asked for a sum to end this vacation that is beyond by means exponentially. I have decided The Only Way Forward is to Precure certain devices which will help to end this vacation. If I go to the police my realdoll will certainly be recycled.

I need an Alienware which is valued at $2,200, 5 handheld platforms at $300 a piece, and a princess peach statue for seven hundred. The successful outcome of this plan requires all of these things. I already have a mechanical keyboard and optical mouse so don't think I've overlooked this necessity.

My life's game is on the line but I need 5K in order to buy the things I need to secure my place in the gaming tournament.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Well poo poo. A parody more believable than the original. This is like a SNL Trump skit.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Call the movIe speedrun

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

now imagine each of those loads takes closer to a minute

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

We don't care about your sex life

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Scary Monster posted:

What about the quality of this data? I don't see how you can link 110 reports of rape to 50,000 instances of 'military sexual trauma' in any way. The numbers alone say they have to be unrelated. What are the 49890 other traumas? How many of these traumas are banged nuts on an obstacle course? Or a chafed sack from too much PT? If the information is obviously irrelevant why mention it without defining it?
Even sexual assault can mean an unwanted pat on the bum depending on how you define it.

If we believe that Square Pair's ex OSI guy for example is reliable, then at best 2/3 of this grand total of 110 reports are reliable only in the worst places.

Anyhow, this article stinks more like a troll constructed by either exploiting a couple rare examples or by being exploited by hostile agents than it does of a genuine avalanche of poopy semen like it claims.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Mental illness is not funny :smith:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Death By The Blues posted:

It will wind up being a racist John Q.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Outrail posted:

It's been picked apart so many times it's hard to believe image hosting managed to put it back together.

If I recall correctly there was other pictures and/or someone knew the people involved and he wasn't secretly pining for notepad girl and it was just a poorly timed photo. Or it wasn't. One of the two or it was a third option. Probably.
Having been the unofficial campus photographer for years, I've taken a lot of photos of vaguely important people that I would never let see the light of day. This is more awkward than all of them combined.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Karate Bastard posted:

Bad thread good posting

This reminds me of when my wife and I ordered one of those carrier vests for a baby to ride in, and we tried to get one that would look good on either of us. It was black and very utilitarian-looking. Unfortunately, in person, it also happened to look very much like something a suicide bomber would wear, so we said screw it and exchanged it for the girliest one we could find.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

On the contrary, I love mess.

CD’s basic good threads all be like:

“Check out this promotional tweet that I found on the disney promotional twitter account I subscribe to. It’s a yellow letter, possibly x. Looks like x-men.”

“Nice. Disney tweeted that tweet to promote wolverines new belt buckle shape. Fox no longer owns wolverine because disney owns wolverine now.”

“Nice. Looks ok.”

Meanwhile Star Wars thread be like:

“It’s not unethical to impregnate my cellphone! I exist in an alternate universe, she’s my property, and I love her!” [excerpted from 200 page diatribe against Marxism]

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

robust

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Never has a username been more accurate.

Vulgar
Aug 17, 2003

I am the man of la Mancha… my dream is impossible!

null_pointer posted:

Mental illness is not funny :smith:

F-f-fingerblast that little turd

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Vulgar posted:

F-f-fingerblast that little turd

In that one instance it was in fact funny.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
Can someone repost the fingerblast story?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Also someone post the original horses are dumb post.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Dameius posted:

Also someone post the original horses are dumb post.
First page second post of this thread.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

pikachode posted:

my gay friend and i had this imaginary gay couple, the michelin man and something mysterious we called the piggay, we said they lived in a cupboard that we saw through a window every afternoon when we were walking home from school and if the cupboard door was ajar when we walked past, that meant the michelin man and the piggay weren't home, but if the cupboard door was shut that meant they were home and having sex, and we'd shriek and cackle "they're having wingwong! they're having wingwong!!" at each other all the way down the street (that was what we called it, i don't remember why). rural childhood is hard. well i say "childhood" but we did this every single day until we were like 15

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Squeal like a tire!