Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

meet girls at the store posted:

It’s time for a new mattress (Cal king), so naturally I’m going straight to the ‘co. Does anyone have a recommendation, and has anyone done their “white glove” delivery?

We bought a mattress there about 9 years ago now and it's one of the things I regret, actually. I am a ~delicate sleeper~ and the mattress became uncomfortable after about a year. They in a round about way refused to take it back. We bought a memory foam topper (at Costco) and lived with it until we could buy a new mattress.

It was one of the S brand pillow top ones, that you can't flip over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

What's the best easily prepared late night snack to get at costco

like something i can just throw in the oven that's relatively healthy delicious.

Mozzarella sticks, of course.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Bought a pair of Superdry sweat shorts at Costco and they are great. Also they had Lacoste Polos in stock yay.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Bought a pair of Superdry sweat shorts at Costco and they are great. Also they had Lacoste Polos in stock yay.

I imagine that your avatar is showing us those exact shorts.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Yeah give n go. This was at the Waltham one

Thanks for the heads up, got that three-pack and it feels good. BTW Costco now stocks Polar 32 packs instead of 24 packs, even more seltzer!

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

It’s time for a new mattress (Cal king), so naturally I’m going straight to the ‘co. Does anyone have a recommendation, and has anyone done their “white glove” delivery?

I got the kirkland sig/Stearns and Foster King a couple months ago. I had initially ordered one with their delivery service online and then I found one in store for half price. It's great. I've used the delivery service for larger items in the past and it has been fine.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
it's really loving weird how much you people love costco. i mean costco is ok but it's not end of the world good.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

berth ell pup posted:

it's really loving weird how much you people love costco. i mean costco is ok but it's not end of the world good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEStsLJZhzo

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

berth ell pup posted:

HOT DOG + SODA (WITH REFILL) ONLY $1.50

PBUC!!!!

BITCH!!!!!!

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

berth ell pup posted:

I told Costco I wanted to buy a certain car and strolled into the dealership without having to haggle, this introvert worships Costco.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

berth ell pup posted:

you probably like taco bell

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

berth ell pup posted:

what else is as good as costco

say sam's club

i dare you

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Suxpool posted:

you probably like taco bell

I like costco but also taco bell

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Hypnolobster posted:

I like costco but also taco bell

Same

Crunchwrap sub beans for beef, side of nacho cheese, lots of hot sauce

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
taco bell owns, obviously

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

berth ell pup posted:

taco bell owns, obviously

enjoy your novelty food for babies

del taco supremacy

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

berth ell pup posted:

You come to this cheese party and dare to speak bad about the Costco?

WE DO NOT SPEAK ILL OF THE COSTCO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xOxXmyPD0I

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

GORDON posted:

I wonder if Costco is still as popular in Iceland now that it's been a couple of years.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

:hai:

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Someone must have heard y'alls pleas: Stacy's Pita chips are back, baby.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

:ck5:

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Willias posted:

what else is as good as costco

say sam's club

i dare you

Went to a Sam's club the other day because it's closer and the parking lots isn't filled with indignant white people in their 40's.

Nope. gently caress that place. Selection sucked. I noticed that they copied the 1.50 hot dog and drink deal, though.

OTOH I have spent two separate evenings in the emergency room, years apart, from trying samples at costco. Those fuckers love to cram sunflower seed in everything. That place will be the death of me.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

At my store they brought back the pita chips... and made space for them by discontinuing the Boudin Bakery sourdough crisps :mad:

I rescued the last four bags of crisps that were haphazardly stacked in the new pita chip display, PBUC

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Dregs posted:

Nope. gently caress that place. Selection sucked. I noticed that they copied the 1.50 hot dog and drink deal, though.

OTOH I have spent two separate evenings in the emergency room, years apart, from trying samples at costco. Those fuckers love to cram sunflower seed in everything. That place will be the death of me.

Two things...

Did you at least try the Sams dog? I’d be curious how much worse it is.

Second. Like do you just go around trying foods all willy nilly even though you have an allergy that will put you in the emergency room??

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

At my store they brought back the pita chips... and made space for them by discontinuing the Boudin Bakery sourdough crisps :mad:

I rescued the last four bags of crisps that were haphazardly stacked in the new pita chip display, PBUC

Sourdough crisps?? drat those sound good, never saw them at the costcos here.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

priznat posted:

Sourdough crisps?? drat those sound good, never saw them at the costcos here.

They're alright. I think I'd rather just have a slice of sourdough toast though.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I love me some good sourdough.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Two things...

https://www.businessinsider.com/cos...strian-affair-6

Sams Club cuts corners on the bun and the condiments and it shows

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

MarcusSA posted:

Two things...

Second. Like do you just go around trying foods all willy nilly even though you have an allergy that will put you in the emergency room??

I didn't try the hotdog, we went there straight from lunch. But the whole place looked straight out of costco. They had pizza, smoothies, everything. I didn't see anything like the chicken bakes, though. Those are the poo poo.

As for the sunflower allergy, the first time my wife handed me a vegetarian meatball and I didn't even realize it wasn't chicken or something until my mouth felt like there was a bee in it. This was a couple years ago.

Just recently she handed me a cracker with duck rilletes on it. I was slightly suspicious of the cracker, so I asked the lady what it was. She said almond crackers. Almonds are one of the few nuts I can eat. Instant bee stings again. Turns out the almond flour had lots of sunflower in it. I really wanted to try that duck, dammnit. Clouded my judgement. We ran over to the medication aisle and I downed half a bottle of Benadryl and headed to the hospital.

The moral of the story is that my wife keeps trying to loving poison me, and Costco is in on the plot.

The rilletes was awesome though. You guys ought to pick some up.

The Dregs fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jan 26, 2019

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

berth ell pup posted:

How else am i gonna buy 100 poptarts?

Man i love poptarts god drat

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Understand how unstable the truth can be.

Blessed be the 'Co, for today I have purchased two memory foam pillows for $5 each.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

GORDON posted:

omg this should be in the OP to get outsiders ready for this thread.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

omg this should be in the OP to get outsiders ready for this thread.

Yeah. I just wandered into this thread.

Y'all are really weird.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

priznat posted:

I love me some good sourdough.

I am second to none for my love of a good sourdough but “crisp” has never really been on my list of adjectives for said good sourdough?

Like, most of the time I’ll be using a big ‘ol boule of sourdough for making cheese toasts and the attribute I’m looking for is “soft” (wrt the bread) and “crusty” (wrt the crust) not “crisp” per se?

:shrug:

E: Mods, plz rename to “I’ve got big boules”, tia...

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Same, if I have a nice fresh loaf my evening snack of choice is a slice of the sourdough with peanut butter, untoasted. Super good.

But I also like chips/crispy stuff and sourdough crisps sound v interesting.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
put ur dog (with refill!!!) between the boules

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Let me start by saying I love the 'stco... but I've had my first terrible Costco experience!

We need to talk about the tire center. It's a blemish on an otherwise perfect company.

I got new tires there, and when I arrived on time for my appointment slot, they told me there was a 2 hour wait. I said "but this is the time you told me to come" and he shrugged, seemingly deflecting the blame to the tire gods above. So I waited, ate some free samples, sat on a display sofa. It was not the worst thing (they were affordable tires)

Then later I had a flat, and called up the tire center, asking when I could bring it in for repair. He said "today there is a 4 hour wait"

I said "Oh wow, that's a long time"

He said "If you want to make an appointment we have a slot open on Monday 2 weeks from now"

I said "Wow! I am driving unsafely with a nail in my tire, so maybe not!"

Then I took my car to Discount Tire and they fixed it for free w/o a warranty in under 45 minutes.

So, long story short, I found the only flaw in Costco, but yay Discount Tire.

EDIT: Also, the Discount Tire is right next to the Costco, so now I've mentally combined the two businesses into one ideal experience.

smoobles fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jan 26, 2019

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I think other posters have mentioned problems with the tire center and perhaps it not even being a great deal due to the time involved.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

smoobles posted:

Let me start by saying I love the 'stco... but I've had my first terrible Costco experience!

We need to talk about the tire center. It's a blemish on an otherwise perfect company.

I got new tires there, and when I arrived on time for my appointment slot, they told me there was a 2 hour wait. I said "but this is the time you told me to come" and he shrugged, seemingly deflecting the blame to the tire gods above. So I waited, ate some free samples, sat on a display sofa. It was not the worst thing (they were affordable tires)

Then later I had a flat, and called up the tire center, asking when I could bring it in for repair. He said "today there is a 4 hour wait"

I said "Oh wow, that's a long time"

He said "If you want to make an appointment we have a slot open on Monday 2 weeks from now"

I said "Wow! I am driving unsafely with a nail in my tire, so maybe not!"

Then I took my car to Discount Tire and they fixed it for free w/o a warranty in under 45 minutes.

So, long story short, I found the only flaw in Costco, but yay Discount Tire.

EDIT: Also, the Discount Tire is right next to the Costco, so now I've mentally combined the two businesses into one ideal experience.

This broadly “jives with” (as the kids say these days) what I’ve heard about the Costco tire service, sorry to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I wouldn’t ever go to Costco to get a tire fixed. New tires sure but a fix? There are a 100 better faster options.