Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

Icon Of Sin posted:

Boys snuggling on the couch!

Bury me, I’m fuckin ded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Dog snuggles: literally lifesaving - https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/suffolk-dog-receives-award-for-helping-woman-in-hadleigh-1-5861633

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Look at this dumb rear end in a top hat who got his rear end kicked. :c

He seems really shook. Gonna give him some good walkies soon.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

:unsmith: we don’t deserve dogs.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

Look at this dumb rear end in a top hat who got his rear end kicked. :c

He seems really shook. Gonna give him some good walkies soon.

Agh! Is he ok?!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

the escape goat posted:

Agh! Is he ok?!

He got stitches on his left wrist but he's ok physically. They aren't too deep but we're soaking his drains for a few days, and they indicated that he's not too much of an infection risk.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Zips!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

ded :kimchi:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
omg

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Kedah is home! She is a v good doggo. Riding the the car she laid her head on the armrest and snoozed and it was precious. Couldn't get a picture because i was driving. She was resisting getting into the crate so i led her in with a treat, gave her another when she was in, and put a bully stick in to convince her the crate isnt jail.

Edit: i am also giving head scratches to help convince her it isnt jail. Im her third adopter, any tricks people have to speed up her getting comfortable are welcome.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
She's adorable!

We used this the last time

https://www.humanesociety.org/resources/crate-training-101

I used 'Home' or my kids used 'Go to your room'.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Welcome to the pack, Kedah! I hope there’s nothing but tasty treats, endless scritches and soft beds in your future!

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I think she was actually just worried she was being shipped somewhere. Let her out of it after 20 minutes or so and next time i waved at her crate and said crate she walked right in and curled up. I then did the come here if you want command and she stayed in. Ill have to take video of her command to post on her raised bed and wait until told to come off it at some point.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I hate double posting but I saw this and knew it would be forgiven

:3:

Trying to decide if i want to wake her up before i go to bed to let her pee. She drank like 4 bowls of water when she got here. (The bowl i got was small)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Oh my god :3:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

that is one gorgeous dog give her all the love there is

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Someone had figured out that she will have the poo poo pampered out of her.

Yes that is one of the pillows off my bed on the couch

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

How did she do on her first night at home with you?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Oliver took a nap.

BREAKING UPDATE

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

pantslesswithwolves posted:

How did she do on her first night at home with you?

Cuddled gave nose licks went into her crate about half the time i said crate finally peed at about 1am ish. Took her out this morning to try and get her to go but i guess she was still backed up from nerves. I went into the shower about a half hour after coming inside and in the 5 minutes i was in there she peed in one spot and pooped in another. It looked almost like she hadnt pooped in several days it was such a large pile. Then as im cleaning it shes giving me doggie cough gags from the smell like I did it. I would have been mad if it wasnt so drat cute. I figure were gonna have q couple accidents like that before shes back to normal because shes suppossed to be potty trained. When we were passing people in the halls she has a tendency to growl and lunge towards them once so we are gonna need more training for her for that.

Also i just walked to the petsmart across the street from me to get stain remover and came back. I'm greeted at the door by her. This confused me because i had left her in her travel crate with her favorite toys so far. Shes already busted through the side of it. Her hard crate cant come fast enough lol.

Edit:
I thought she would be ok in the travel crate because she was in it all last night when we went to bed no problem. I guess she was worried i wasnt going to come back

Stravag fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jan 25, 2019

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

derp

un-derp

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
https://i.imgur.com/UTxrucY.gifv

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

e:

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

We took our first 45 minute walk. Pretty sure that means its naptime.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Happy dog happy human

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

So half the time when Kedah lays down she does the small dog sploots and its adorable. She certainly knows how to use all the room she can :3:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I need some good long lasting car snacks or toys for Kedah. She loves bully sticks but theyre gone within a half hour. Her kong bone only interests her when theres peanut butter in it. I got her a nylabone 2 pack but she will take them and hold them for about a minute before ignoring them without chewing. Her plush toys only hold her interest when shes being playful and zooming around the apt

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Stravag posted:

I need some good long lasting car snacks or toys for Kedah. She loves bully sticks but theyre gone within a half hour. Her kong bone only interests her when theres peanut butter in it. I got her a nylabone 2 pack but she will take them and hold them for about a minute before ignoring them without chewing. Her plush toys only hold her interest when shes being playful and zooming around the apt

Try Kong filling; also, put them in the freezer for a while. Peanut butter/filling will harden up- I like to think it’s like an ice cream treat for a pup :3:

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Weve been working for like 5 hours. She'll stand to brace or look around but then sit again. Mascot doggo is a go.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Gulliver the Hearthhound urges all people to keep their pets warm in this cold weather!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Rose the good girl urges other pups to keep cool in this hot weather!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Stravag posted:

The single best toy for Apollo has been the Kong Stix. The blue one, specifically. He chews on it, plays fetch with it, plays tug with it, pokes me with it, and in general loves it. It also makes guests giggle because it looks like a sex toy.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Gulliver the Hearthhound urges all people to keep their pets warm in this cold weather!

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

Rose the good girl urges other pups to keep cool in this hot weather!

In conclusion, dogs are creatures of contrast.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Tarkus and Jade each got a Kong Squeezbone for Christmas and it’s become Tarkus’s favorite toy. He can annihilate most toys in minutes but it’s held up to daily heavy play and is still going strong. It does crinkle if noise is an issue.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I went up to the hospital with my dad to check up on Bo today. He did have back surgery, and for now they're keeping the poor guy at the hospital until he recovers a bit more. It turned out his back was turbofucked, and the MRI also detected a mass on his spleen that thankfully wasn't cancer, because splenic cancers are very aggressive. Hopefully he'll be able to come home next week and get back to doing what he does best, snoozes by the fire.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

howe_sam posted:

Hopefully he'll be able to come home next week and get back to doing what he does best, snoozes by the fire.

Here we see the Basset in its natural environment...

Get better Bo-man. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I never met this pup, but this bag full of her toys and leashes and such turned up at one of the places where I walk Lando. I can only imagine that Lucy was a Good Girl. Hug your good boys and girls extra tight tonight; they always deserve it.