Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hello, friends! It's a Saturday and there's a buzz in the air so it must be that time again! It's NXT Takeover Phoenix! It's an interesting time for the black and yellow brand. After two months of, let's be fair, quiet build we're looking at a low hype Takeover while NXT UK Takeover Blackpool set the world on fire and Royal Rumble looks like it could be a stormer. All of which means Takeover Pheonix could only be the third best WWE show of the month. Would you ever have thought it possible? Still, it's a Takeover and if you can rely on anything in wrestling it's that Takeover will deliver. Let's check out the card!

Matt Riddle vs. Kassius Ohno

Matt Riddle is a former MMA fighter, a flip-flop aficionado and a massive stoner but he is definitely your bro. Kassius Ohno is a big dumpy man who looks like he's just binged three Royal Rumble burgers yet is still real good at wrasslin. After years of busting his rear end in NXT for nothing but defeat and misery at the hands of newer stars Ohno has found a new attitude where he goes right for the rookies so that he can get... defeat and misery at the hands of newer stars. These two fought at Takeover War Games where Riddle knocked Ohno out in a second and then again where Riddle put Ohno away with ease so now they're facing off on the big stage to see if Riddle has what it takes to beat Ohno. Wait, what?

NXT Tag Team Title Match
War Raiders vs. The Undisputed Era

For the majority of 2018 the Tag Team titles have been held by air-guitar genius savant Kyle O'Reilly and THAT RAT BASTARD RODERICK STRONG. They've held onto the belts despite strong competition from anarchists, dogwhistle terrorists, two bald dudes who really love counting and a couple of big strong boys but all that may be about to change since they now have their toughest challenge yet. War Raiders are a pair of viking cosplay nerds who hang out at Ren Faires but are built like brick shithouses. Rowe's good but Hanson's the one you want to keep your eye on. He's like a faster, nakeder version of Killian Dain. O'Reilly and Strong have been ducking on War Raiders for months and not much has happened recently cause Rowe was injured/making Sarah Logan into his viking mistress but it's two of the best tag teams from the indies in the last few years going at it on Takeover so it should be drat good.

NXT Women's Title Match
Bianca Belair vs. Shayna Baszler

Ever since losing the Women's title to Kairi Sane at NXT Takeover Brooklyn IV the Queen of Spades has transformed from a legitimate asskicker to an insecure bully who talks a load of poo poo while hiding behind her friends. Baszler regained the title thanks to the help of her Four Horsewomen running buddies, Marina Shafir and Jessamyn Duke, and has barely entered the ring since so afraid is she of winding up the loser. Into this dynamic steps Bianca Belair to make her Takeover debut. She's the EST of NXT because she's the baddest, the toughest, strongest, the roughest, I could go on but you get the idea. She's got a long braid that she likes to whip around more than Willow Smith and she is undefeated. Un. Deh. Fee. Ted.

UN

DEH

FEE

TED

I'll level with you, it's another match where the feud isn't much to write home about (or an OP for that matter) but it's a big test for Belair to see if she really is the female version of Velveteen Dream so there's still a lot to be interested in here.

NXT North American Title Match
Johnny Gargano vs. Ricochet

There's nobody that Johnny Gargano hates more in the world than Tommaso Ciampa so when Tommaso Ciampa told Johnny Gargano to go after the North American title he absolutely went and did just that because Johnny Gargano is an idiot. Unfortunately for him the North American title is currently being held by Ricochet, everyone's favourite flippy boy superhero. Ricochet was totally down with the challenge and was up for a good fight without making things personal so of course Johnny Gargano went and kicked Ricochet from behind making things personal because – and say it with me kids – Johnny Gargano is an idiot. Now the superhero is super pissed and is going to kick Johnny Gargano's rear end all over Phoenix all while the man he hates most defends the title he wants most against somebody else entirely because Johnny Gargano is a big dumb loser idiot. It's likely going to be the match of the night, there's a whole load of ways it could finish, this is one worth getting hype about.

NXT Title Match
Aleister Black vs. Tommaso Ciampa

Tommaso Ciampa is the biggest douchebag in the world and with Johnny Gargano suitably diverted he's free and clear to continue his title reign. Except, that is, for the other pissed off asskicker who's locked onto him and this one isn't a moron so he's not going anywhere. Aleister Black is a Satanist kickboxer who really loves cats and he first won the NXT title at Takeover New Orleans only to lose it to Ciampa in July because of, you guessed it, Johnny Gargano. Black lost out on his title rematch due to a bout of testicular misfortune but now he's back and he finally gets the match he's been waiting for for six months. We all know this match is going to rule and we all know Gargano is gonna show up at some point but the real question is what is he going to do? Will Johnny come back into the light? Will the former best friends of DIY be reunited by their lust for evil? Whatever happens, the story's not ending here.

And there you have it. Some feuds might be uninspiring but the matches are guaranteed to be ace and if that wasn't enough we also get to find out the result of the NXT Awards and which NXT roster member gets to diss Pat McAfee on the pre-show! Not to mention, Poppy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbQsxWKfTSU

POPPY! :supaburn:

Come join the fun from 6:00pm EST on the WWE Network!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Takeovers are always loving rad and this one ain't gonna be different :hellyeah:

***** Thread title

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This is going to loving rule :hellyeah:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I've never watched an NXT PPV before but there's a first for everything IM ABOUT To GET TAKEN OVER

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I always laugh at current takeovers because they've just become large scale PWG shows. Which isn't a bad thing mind you. This would be a great PWG show.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Where the heck is Dream?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Rarity you are a queen at thread titles and I bow to you.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Tonight should be very fun. The best match on the card will almost certainly be Gargano vs Ricochet. The weakest match (but will still probably be okay) is Belair vs Baszler.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
When exactly is the show starting? Always have trouble navigating the network on playstation.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I get the feeling Black is losing tonight and probably debuting at the Rumble tomorrow.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Bumper Stickup posted:

When exactly is the show starting? Always have trouble navigating the network on playstation.

Preshow in an hour, show in 2

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Johnny Garbagio will look at his hand and weep like a loser!

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Where the heck is Dream?

He'll be on the Worlds Collide show next week that I think is also taping today

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Preshow in an hour, show in 2

Awesome thanks.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bumper Stickup posted:

Read the OP :argh:

Dick Bastardly posted:

I've never watched an NXT PPV before but there's a first for everything IM ABOUT To GET TAKEN OVER

:getin:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Read the OP :argh:

:getin:

I somehow skimmed right past the time. My bad. :shobon:

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I got up at 7am on a Sunday here in cold yet sunny Tokyo to watch the majesty!

This is the event I stay completely sober for, because I actually enjoy it and want to soak it in like a dishpan full of Palmolive.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Will there be any reveals of new signings ringside tonight?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Gonna try using PS3 tonight so I don't need to alt-tab back to the thread all the time. Now watching Moustache Mountain/Grizzled Young Vets from Takeover Blackpool to get hype :neckbeard:

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Win or lose this is gonna be Bianca Belair's coming out party and I hope she does great.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Rarity posted:

Gonna try using PS3 tonight so I don't need to alt-tab back to the thread all the time. Now watching Moustache Mountain/Grizzled Young Vets from Takeover Blackpool to get hype :neckbeard:

My usual set up for WWE PPVs is my PS4 for video and laptop for rambling.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I like Kassius Ohno, hopefully he wins the Royal Rumble and goes on to main event Wrestlemania.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
loving hell this match holds up to a rewatch so much

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

honestly most excited for the tag match

missing dream and cole but every takeover delivers

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I am so drat glad that Pat is on the pre-shows now so it makes Sam Roberts just a little tolerable

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Why is Sam Roberts still here.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Sam's beard is such trash :lol:

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

AND YOU THOUGHT SAM ROBERTS COULDN'T GET WORSE LOOKING

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Le Saboteur posted:

AND YOU THOUGHT SAM ROBERTS COULDN'T GET WORSE LOOKING

The hair on his head has somehow migrated to his face. It's hosed up.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The hair Sam lost on the top of his head has gotten caught on his chin

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Rarity posted:

Sam is such trash :lol:

just as relevant

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Drinking vodka lemon lime tonics, beer and watching this show :hai:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Remember back last year where they announced a special episode of Talking Smack and it was with Sam Roberts instead of Daniel Bryan? :cripes:

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Ricochet vs Gargano is gonna rule.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bradzilla posted:

Drinking vodka lemon lime tonics, beer and watching this show :hai:

Dark fruits cider here :hfive:

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Gargano is wearing a suit that looks like its made of sweatpants material in his interview promo.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I feel like this is the worst-built Takeover in a long time and I'm still hype to watch it because NXT is loving awesome.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

Remember back last year where they announced a special episode of Talking Smack and it was with Sam Roberts instead of Daniel Bryan? :cripes:

Observer worst promotional tactic of 2018 winner right here.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

CarlCX posted:

I feel like this is the worst-built Takeover in a long time and I'm still hype to watch it because NXT is loving awesome.

Like I said earlier it's just a large scale PWG show at this point and that's not a bad thing at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Jerusalem posted:

"On a very special episode of Blossom, the role of Blossom will be played by Gilbert Gottfried."