Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Zanardi is a badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

DoctorGonzo posted:

Zanardi is a badass

Not an empty quote, just truth

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

oh look the Nissan is slow

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

freeranger posted:

Checking in.

Currently watching via nbcsn, is there any channels showing parts of the race when nbcsn aren't? Doesn't matter if it's elsewhere, or will I just have to stream via imsa.tv?

Imsa.tv will broadcast the entire race, but you will be geoblocked if you're in the US or Canada. If you have a VPN you can just get the IMSA.tv stream anyways, and its superior to any other streaming experience as it has the Radio LeMans commentary team. NBC Sports has good commentators, but there's too many commercials imo.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

FERRARI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E: disregard it was a GTD porsche puking its guts out on a money shift.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
GG #99

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

orange juche posted:

Imsa.tv will broadcast the entire race, but you will be geoblocked if you're in the US or Canada. If you have a VPN you can just get the IMSA.tv stream anyways, and its superior to any other streaming experience as it has the Radio LeMans commentary team. NBC Sports has good commentators, but there's too many commercials imo.

All good, I'm in Australia. Guess I'll switch over to imsa soon. Thanks for the info.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit
The number of commercials on NBC is just appalling

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

But without the ads how will I know I can get my medication! Or testosterone pills!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

orange juche posted:

If SAS isn't paywalled I would remove that video from the thread, because that stream is the only way I can watch at work. Don't get me hosed over mate.

Also the mazdas running in formation in 3rd and 4th is pretty cool.

It's literally in the first few results of google, people are going to come in asking for it. nobody from IMSA is going to figure out it exists because it was posted in here.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

freeranger posted:

But without the ads how will I know I can get my medication! Or testosterone pills!

I just can't get enough of scrub brands like Acura and Ford trying to convince me that a 4100 lb crossover with a CoG up at the windows is just like a sports car!

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

I'm a big adult baby and that's why I want my sports car to have the same seating position as my high chair

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The white rims on that white R8 pace car are dooooooooope

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

an oddly awful oud posted:

I just can't get enough of scrub brands like Acura and Ford trying to convince me that a 4100 lb crossover with a CoG up at the windows is just like a sports car!

Cadillac does the same thing except they don't even have sports cars to sell.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Alonso flying right now. Challenging for second place.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

And into the lead!

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
This Alonso kid is pretty good

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Watching this is really relaxing for some reason

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

I wish I liked Alonso more on a personal level because every time he gets behind the wheel of a decent racecar, I'm reminded of how breathtakingly talented he is and I wish I could bring myself to root more for him

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Pop goes the Mazda.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

njsykora posted:

Pop goes the Mazda.

Katherine Legge used Harry Tincknell as a brake for the turn

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

orange juche posted:

Katherine Legge used Harry Tincknell as a brake for the turn

Except it was on turn exit

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Legge held her line, Ticknell didn't, was too eager to setup the pass on the BMW and hadn't cleared her before he moved right. Very Mazda

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

God dammit, apparently J SPORTS has IMSA this season. That's why the broadcast on IMSA.tv wouldn't load at all.

ah well, guess I'll find another way which may or may not be on the last page

rough for the BMW that Zanardi's steering wheel wound up messing up the steering column :smith:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

the Good, unofficial timing is back for this race thank goodness

http://livetiming.us/2019/imsa01/

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Jonathan Bomarito loving forgot to knock on wood. 55 is loving dead twice in a lap. I think they're going to go sailing to the back of the field.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Mazda go boom

So both Mazda's bite it within 5 minutes of each other

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
This has been the most Mazda ten minutes ever.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
amazing lads

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

need a :suicide: icon w/the blood forming the mazda logo

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

loving Mazda

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

...and I'm disappointed that when the #18 spun it wasn't Maldonado on board.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

lol I stepped out for 10 minutes.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

77 ate a turbo, and it will not be coming back out. It probably ingested vanes on the intake side into the cylinders if they're not even going to attempt to repair it.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

hello darkness my old friend

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

an oddly awful oud posted:

hello darkness my old friend

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

orange juche posted:

77 ate a turbo, and it will not be coming back out. It probably ingested vanes on the intake side into the cylinders if they're not even going to attempt to repair it.

:smithicide:

yeah I don't remember the specific IMSA rules, but I know that for both them and WEC (Le Mans) there are parts of the engine you just can't change during the race. A lot of those would be badly damaged by swallowing a turbo.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Holy moly that was almost a huge crash on the banking, no one seems to have noticed on comms.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Way to Mazda, Mazda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Zoom zoom, more like boom boom