Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

Anyone else have the medallion puzzle diagram/officer's notebook not show up in inventory? Xbox One version.

It's in notes, not the inventory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
I love the fact that if you're wearing the classic costumes, Ada will put bandages over Leon's clothes

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

What's the shortest route to purging the Ivy's so you don't waste ammo on their resurrecting assed?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Inspector Gesicht posted:

What's the shortest route to purging the Ivy's so you don't waste ammo on their resurrecting assed?

Shoot the bulbs with SMG/handgun to knock them down, finish them with a single flame round or some flamethrower fuel. You'll know when they're burned for good.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Gaj posted:

Im going with original RE Lore here but the progess of infection of Raccoon may have gone as follows:

1: Something survives the Mansion, be it a dog or crow or random zombie, the infection continues to spread, but very slowly.

I sort of remember it being Birkin's fault trying by allowing T to spread around facilities in the city to make it harder for umbrella to stop him

Does anyone here know if there's a way to turn off the post process sharpening filter the game has (changing AA settings doesn't do anything to it)? it makes little outline artifacts on everything.

Grey Fox posted:

Game's director gave a great interview about why the gore looks as detailed and wet as it does:
https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/01/27/resident-evil-2-ps4-xbox-pc-gore-graphics/

I thought the texture and environmental gore work in 7 was better but you also couldn't melt a hole through zombie in 7. Needed more drippy gooey effects that actually come off the enemies and stain the ground to feel really wet like RE4 had ages ago even with its lower res textures.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
enjoying the b run more once i realized its basically re2's madhouse run with jack turning up early and remixed jump scares

really hope the main game gets a randomizer, either official or a mod. if a randomizer mod hits im gonna double dip on the pc version straight away, dgaf.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Is there a way of making the bottom floor of the Library show as search completed/blue on Claire A?

It's the only room in the station that is red for me and I can't see what is causing it.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Is there a way of making the bottom floor of the Library show as search completed/blue on Claire A?

It's the only room in the station that is red for me and I can't see what is causing it.

yeah i had this too theres a bit of ammo behind the left most book stack, you cant move them after youve done the puzzle but if you look carefully you can still get it.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Claire A - Normal - 3h2m
I was using load instead of continue because it wasn't adding to my timer, or so I thought. In the crane fight and after the sprinkler puzzle it still was, but swear it hadn't been earlier on. So either I had ~3h finish or I actually did it a several minutes faster through ineffective save scumming :shrug:

lets hang out posted:

There's a record for beating G2 using the crane only once. has anyone done that? do you just need to damage him a lot first?

Watched a streamer do it on Friday night actually. Seems a more reliable method.

In other comments:
-Found out one of the enemies has a grab that will OHKO if want to just jog by in a hurry
-I hate (am flustered by) all of Billy's attack hitboxes beyond the first fight
-There has to be a sensible way to manipulate the AI's movement pattern for the crane platform
-Thought the B scenarios would have more differences than they did since I always had issues on the PC and DC port and never finished them

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Peewi posted:

It's in notes, not the inventory.

Yeah that's what I meant. It wasn't showing up and I know I picked it up

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Regarding Leon's campaign, I wonder if that's D.C. Douglas providing the garbled voice on the other end of Ada's radio.

Game's good, though I'm saddened by the absence of the giant spiders, moths, and the naked zombies from the original, as goofy as they were.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I enjoyed this retrospective review on RE:6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns19PvYKxKk

The series really has come such a long way :allears:

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

Wanderer posted:

You want the north end of the east hallway, near the Break Room.

Actually, no. It's kind of a funny story, in a sad way. Let's see if I remember it.

Spoilers about William Birkin: there's a file in RE2 '98 that says, straight up, that Birkin planned to use his perfection of the G-Virus to bulldog his way into a seat on Umbrella's board of directors. He was a lifer; he had no intention of leaving. The question was why an Umbrella strike team proceeded to shoot him and steal his poo poo. It was a big plot hole, back in the day, and one of several.

The explanation we ended up getting was really hemstitched together, from "Wesker's Report II," a new file that only appeared in the N64 version of RE2, and a Japanese audio drama about Ada that was never translated.

(This appears to just be something that Shinji Mikami loves to do, since things also get "explained" like this a couple of times in the Evil Within games, like what the gently caress the Anima is supposed to be in the second one. One of the funny things about RE5, especially in the unlockable files, is just how many plot holes got hastily closed in them, all at once, explicitly and finally, because Mikami hadn't bothered to do anything about them before he left Capcom. It also doesn't help that Noboru Sugimura, who wrote RE2, dropped dead suddenly in 2005.)

Basically, when Birkin and Wesker were younger, they hosed over Umbrella's French division and stole all the credit for a big project. Ten years later, the head of Umbrella France turns out to be the one who sent HUNK's strike team to steal the G-Virus from Birkin.

So in the original, Birkin got chopped due to inter-branch warfare at Umbrella. In the remake, his funding got cut and Umbrella's making some very pointed observations about who actually owns the G-Virus, since he made it on their dime. Birkin's subsequently getting ready to cut and run to the U.S. military when the strike team jumps him.

The Special Forces strike team in Raccoon City in RE3 is, to the best of my knowledge, never actually explained. It's meant as an open question as to why they were there at all, since there are a couple of other files in the game that broadly hint that Umbrella was in bed with at least elements within the American government. It actually got picked up again in RE6, somewhat.

The Special Forces being there was explained in a file you find in RE3 which says they were there retrieve the G-virus. As for why they were in the disposal facility, it's because they took a wrong turn according to the games writer in an interview.

And Birkin selling the G-virus to the US is mentioned in his profiles in Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles as well as a couple of other sources IIRC.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Everslain posted:

I enjoyed this retrospective review on RE:6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns19PvYKxKk

The series really has come such a long way :allears:

which RE game is at 0.35?

edit: video is horseshit, RE6 rules on its own merits without having to gain enjoyment solely from laughing at bad coop and "so bad its good" mentality. :colbert:

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jan 27, 2019

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Oh dear me. Both no-healing and not using the item box can be done on assisted, right?

I'm banking on it because I wouldn't mind slamming both out at the same time, but the fancy unlockable weapons are in the item box :cry:

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Who else took the chess pieces to the lab simply so they wouldn't spoil the all-blue map?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

honestly dont like the red/blue stuff on the map. hoping they disable it in hardcore but i doubt it. weirdly i did not mind it in remake1. dont like the tick marks on used items either.

i like unknowable chance of missing things.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jan 27, 2019

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Vikar Jerome posted:

enjoying the b run more once i realized its basically re2's madhouse run with jack turning up early and remixed jump scares

really hope the main game gets a randomizer, either official or a mod. if a randomizer mod hits im gonna double dip on the pc version straight away, dgaf.

Capcom has already announced that there’s a free DLC coming that will add a “roguelike” mode with new characters, a new enemy, and an item shop system!

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!
Is there any achievement related to hoarding every item? The keys no longer get auto discarded, which got me thinking there might be something like that.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Who else took the chess pieces to the lab simply so they wouldn't spoil the all-blue map?
Yep, but not just for a nice blue map but rather because I wanted to hoard everything for possible dumb achievements.

Honest Thief posted:

Is there any achievement related to hoarding every item? The keys no longer get auto discarded, which got me thinking there might be something like that.
I didn't get anything, unless I misplaced an item along the way :smith:

Vikar Jerome posted:

which RE game is at 0.35?

edit: video is horseshit, RE6 rules on its own merits without having to gain enjoyment solely from laughing at bad coop and "so bad its good" mentality. :colbert:
Looks like ORC but I'd have to reinstall that to make sure. Also the video is horseshit the moment he says "you cannot pause". Yeah? Well what the gently caress is THIS then?

What a complete loving moron.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jan 27, 2019

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Anonymous Robot posted:

Capcom has already announced that there’s a free DLC coming that will add a “roguelike” mode with new characters, a new enemy, and an item shop system!

we dont know if ghost survivors is that tho, more and more i think ghost survivors is just side storys in new areas. want a randomizer/rogue for the main game.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Vikar Jerome posted:

We've returned to a golden age of RE, do not mention RE6 which is in fact, horse poo poo by any and all standards.

I'm enjoying too much reading and speculating about the lore. Its like being 11 again.

I've no video skills so here is what one of you have to do: Record a bunch of death scenes at the hands of X. Create a compilation video that builds suspense, uses the music you hear when he chases you, then cuts to X Gon' Give it to Ya once the punching begins. Viral hit. You're welcome.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

RE6 will forever remain a place in my heart. i wont cast it out to the heartless sea.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I liked 6 a bunch too even if it had some problems with it's boss fights, I loved the Leon and Jake campaigns. Chris was okay I guess.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

codo27 posted:

I've no video skills so here is what one of you have to do: Record a bunch of death scenes at the hands of X. Create a compilation video that builds suspense, uses the music you hear when he chases you, then cuts to X Gon' Give it to Ya once the punching begins. Viral hit. You're welcome.

I'd like to see an asymmetrical multiplayer game with a few people playing mercenaries style and one person playing a BOW like Mr. X

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I was...too far into the game when I finally got a crit with Leon. Just started Claire A, and one shot decapitated the guy who breaks through the door after the torso guy,

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

can you upgrade claires lazer sightgun to accept the sixshooter bullets? or am i forever stuck with the sixshooter in B.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

not that im knocking the greatest handgun ever made, because ~i love to reload during battle~

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Vikar Jerome posted:

not that im knocking the greatest handgun ever made, because ~i love to reload during battle~

You're pretty good!~

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

codo27 posted:

I was...too far into the game when I finally got a crit with Leon. Just started Claire A, and one shot decapitated the guy who breaks through the door after the torso guy,

When I was playing with Claire, the best crit I got was when I domed Marvin seconds after he got up. Her pistol seems to have better chances. I guess this is a throwback to original RE2 when her pistol did more damage per shot than Leon? I might be remembering incorrectly, but that's the impression I got.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm sure given the success of this game the devs aren't going to need much of a push to do RE3, especially with how Mr. X is practically dress rehearsal for Nemesis

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Imagine Nemesis running at you with a rocket launcher and you only have 2 bullets and half a combat knife left

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
This game loves giving you health but hates giving you ammo.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Maybe in 3 they'll re-introduce suplexes and roundhouse kicks. I'd like to imagine I'd stagger a zombie then kick them so hard their torso flies back without its bottom half and arms.

They'd have to re-balance it because unlike Mr. X, Nemesis didn't have a problem sprinting at you.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Once I unlocked the UZI as Claire I no longer worried about finding ammo. Each drop give you so much, and you can just saw legs off with ease.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Are the bullets you can eventually use with Claire's starting gun as good as magnum bullets?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Welp, 2nd run done for Claire.

It was different enough to be entertaining, but not different enough that i feel like i want to play the game again any time soon (to unlock things).

Given that it's about 90% identical to the 1st run (in terms of puzzzles and plot beats) i feel like i've already played the game twice over.

It's a great game, but i think if they had really gone the extra mile to make the 2nd run act in complete parallel to the 1st, then it would have given it that little bit more.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Vikar Jerome posted:

can you upgrade claires lazer sightgun to accept the sixshooter bullets? or am i forever stuck with the sixshooter in B.

Nope. It was, IMO, kind of a bizarre decision to make all the handgun ammo drops change to ammo for a couple of meme guns while the normal handgun ammo has to be crafted in scenario B.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
I think I went a bit overboard on Claire B standard - ended up taking about 30 acid and 20 flame rounds to the last two bosses, and a fully-loaded sparkshot with an entire clip to spare. I guess I probably should have made some more SMG ammo. Oops.