Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Are the safe combinations close by the safes themselves? I’d rather not look it up online but I’m having a hell of a time finding them in game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The thing with gunpowder mixing is the large ones can only be used for low and mid tier ammo so you just end up with a lot of acid rounds/shot gun shells

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

never felt like acid rounds even did much damage

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Carecat posted:

This game loves giving you health but hates giving you ammo.

yeah I've got like 3 fully mixed herbs and 2 first aid sprays right now. between that and smart use of self-defense grenades I haven't been hurting for health, it's always the ammo where I'm skirting at like 9 shells and 20ish bullets most of the time. Whereas in RE2 of old you could have like 50 bullets even if you got triggerhappy.

I have the thing required to get the "Lightning Hawk." Does that have its own ammo or does it use handgun?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's the magnum

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

sponges posted:

Are the safe combinations close by the safes themselves? I’d rather not look it up online but I’m having a hell of a time finding them in game

Not really, no.

Kin posted:

Welp, 2nd run done for Claire.

It was different enough to be entertaining, but not different enough that i feel like i want to play the game again any time soon (to unlock things).

Given that it's about 90% identical to the 1st run (in terms of puzzzles and plot beats) i feel like i've already played the game twice over.

It's a great game, but i think if they had really gone the extra mile to make the 2nd run act in complete parallel to the 1st, then it would have given it that little bit more.

I think this would have added something as well. Like, make you decide in "A" what you'll grab/unlock and then that changes what's left hanging around in "B". Surprised there's not more crossover.

I'm taking my sweet loving time with Leon A even though I know speed is critical for a good grade. I just love soaking it all in and taking my time/listening and exploring and that I'll only get one shot for the atmosphere to be new .

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I think they may need to take another balance pass at Leon's weapons. They're all really quite trash except the magnum. But even then that thing takes at least a hour before the reticle closes in without the laser sight. Supremely disappointed with the shotgun in the game. Even upgraded, it seems like I'm rolling a dice to determine if that blast decapitates a zombie or not. Making sure they're super close and having the reticle directly square on their head. I'd give it 50/50.

I also love that they think it's such a hot-poo poo weapon because combining high grade with a large normal grade gives you 5 shells compared to the 3 shells you'd get if you combined it with a small normal grade powder.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

sponges posted:

No. Except for one. You find notes for them within RPD, but not until you are about done with objectives. location spoilers: STARS office for one in the west office, interrogation room for one in the east waiting room on the 2nd floor. 3rd safe a note is located on the opposite side of the room Also since I feel like its the next question: locker combos are located on files, except for one which is just written in plain view in world, but you won't see it until you get the bolt cutters.

Sakurazuka posted:

The thing with gunpowder mixing is the large ones can only be used for low and mid tier ammo so you just end up with a lot of acid rounds/shot gun shells

This wasn't much of a problem for me with Clair B at least. Seems like the machine gun drops are plenty enough for the most part.

lets hang out posted:

never felt like acid rounds even did much damage
Lickers hate them, and frankly that's all I need them to be. Though on my next go around (if ever) I'm definitely going to save my flame rounds for those lab enemies.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Carecat posted:

This game loves giving you health but hates giving you ammo.

doesnt even do that. think i only ever saw a total of 3 first aid sprays (that i 100% had to use when i found them) beat leon A with zero health items left, all my ammo and sub weapons were gone too, actually no thats a lie i did suddenly build up a two stacks of hand gun ammo right before the end game. loving hilarious tho considering in the original the item box would be full of unused sprays and green herbs.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jan 27, 2019

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Do y’all think it’s worth combining Claire’s upgrade for the stock on the grenade launcher? It makes it take up 2 slots and I gotta say, I’ve never missed a grenade shot and wished it had a more linear arc trajectory.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Lets talk about shooting head vs legs.

I see people saying going for the legs is best, but all the videos i watch run counter to my experience. I see them putting 6+ bullets to chop off a single leg then finish off with a knife when it usually only takes me 3+ to down and then to finish off with a knife.

What am i missing here?

edit:

Anonymous Robot posted:

Do y’all think it’s worth combining Claire’s upgrade for the stock on the grenade launcher? It makes it take up 2 slots and I gotta say, I’ve never missed a grenade shot and wished it had a more linear arc trajectory.

I felt the same, I took it off and boxed it and had no troubles.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Jimbot posted:

I think they may need to take another balance pass at Leon's weapons. They're all really quite trash except the magnum. But even then that thing takes at least a hour before the reticle closes in without the laser sight. Supremely disappointed with the shotgun in the game. Even upgraded, it seems like I'm rolling a dice to determine if that blast decapitates a zombie or not. Making sure they're super close and having the reticle directly square on their head. I'd give it 50/50.

I also love that they think it's such a hot-poo poo weapon because combining high grade with a large normal grade gives you 5 shells compared to the 3 shells you'd get if you combined it with a small normal grade powder.

Hard disagree. Especially compared to Claire's weaponry, Leon feels a lot more complete. Great spray and pray, spread damage, boss gun, and pistol. But for 90% of zombos I never tried to purposely kill them until their head exploded, and I was generally brimming with ammo. I even had magnum rounds left over after the final boss.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Motherfuckers felt so bad about putting 2 lickers in the kennel that if you just shoot them and go back outside they will go back to the same place on the wall opposite the entrance so you can just go in, shoot one, walk out, repeat

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
You folks ever notice that Mr. X has a dart in his temple? Wonder what it's there for - guidance/direction? Tracking? Remote-controlled? Would love to see that answered in a Q&A.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Vikar Jerome posted:

did you catch the emails in remake2? i didn't read it as the usa government, the email from B.E (in leon A at least) seemed to suggest it was from the "the company" that was hinted at being behind the RE7 virus, B.E mentions the "Company" in quotes and i figured it was linking re7 in. was actually hoping to find info about weskers hcf too but something tells me i wont find it in claires

I did. The same file ends with an email that says "You are under suspicion of breaching your contract with the Umbrella Corporation. it has become clear that you have claimed ownership of the "G" project, and have been in unauthorized contact with the U.S. military." It's explicitly the U.S. government.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Saying re6 is good for any reason should get you a sixer

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Pomp posted:

6's Mercenaries is like the best in the series. I bought the game on sale on Steam just for that and wasn't disappointed. (Though I've never touched the campaign)

Just beat Leon A. Definitely a great game, though I still think they still need a patch to iron out some stuff. I'll probably be rolling Claire B on Easy next, just to go through it faster and to move on to the rest of my backlog.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

DeadButDelicious posted:

You folks ever notice that Mr. X has a dart in his temple? Wonder what it's there for - guidance/direction? Tracking? Remote-controlled? Would love to see that answered in a Q&A.

No, but I did notice that he bears a strong resemblance to Dolph Lundgren.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

DeadButDelicious posted:

It just transmits that DMX song directly into his brain on an infinite loop.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

King Vidiot posted:

No, but I did notice that he bears a strong resemblance to Dolph Lundgren.

Sorry it's reddit.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

drat, Claire kicks rear end. The beginning of the second to last boss on her A playthough is righteous.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Hard disagree. Especially compared to Claire's weaponry, Leon feels a lot more complete. Great spray and pray, spread damage, boss gun, and pistol. But for 90% of zombos I never tried to purposely kill them until their head exploded, and I was generally brimming with ammo. I even had magnum rounds left over after the final boss.

The grenade launcher is the best gun in the game, though.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Pomp posted:

it's an ok game but a bad Resident Evil game

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

RE6 would be a better game if they let you actually play it in between all the mini-game setpieces.

Also speaking of Mercenaries it's 2019 how the hell has Capcom not done a real fully fledged RE All-Stars Mercs game yet? Get out of here with that low rent 3DS spinoff.

Billy_Delicious
Sep 3, 2018
Finished Leon A and Claire B so seen most of the game. Overall very happy. The RPD is great- intimidating, oppressive and menacing as well as just really fun to explore and unlock.

I really enjoyed the labs- nice juxtaposition of environments, higher threat level etc.

Only weak point of the game are the sewers which feel like filler. Ugly, dark and fairly bland, definitely the low point. I also thought crane boss fight against Willy was crap but it was short so not too big an issue.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Hmm, not sure what to do in my 3rd playthrough. Leon A, I was trying to do it without the item box so far but it's starting to be a bit of a pain so thinking about giving that up and doing it another time. However I am about to grab the club key and currently the timer is just over an hour so I reckon I might be able to speed to the end in 3:30 and get the S rank so I can get the infinite pistol.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Billy_Delicious posted:

Only weak point of the game are the sewers which feel like filler. Ugly, dark and fairly bland, definitely the low point. I also thought crane boss fight against Willy was crap but it was short so not too big an issue.

They're sewers. They can't exactly throw a carnival in there.

Breezing through Claire A but I think I'm stuck. I don't have the small gear and can't see where I might have missed it

Oh god. Map and inventory count against play time? gently caress me

codo27 fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 27, 2019

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

thebardyspoon posted:

Hmm, not sure what to do in my 3rd playthrough. Leon A, I was trying to do it without the item box so far but it's starting to be a bit of a pain so thinking about giving that up and doing it another time. However I am about to grab the club key and currently the timer is just over an hour so I reckon I might be able to speed to the end in 3:30 and get the S rank so I can get the infinite pistol.

Just rush the inventory stuff and you'll be fine. I just finished it in my Claire A playthough. It's a good excuse to get the No Healing run out of the way too.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Policenaut posted:

RE6 would be a better game if they let you actually play it in between all the mini-game setpieces.

Also speaking of Mercenaries it's 2019 how the hell has Capcom not done a real fully fledged RE All-Stars Mercs game yet? Get out of here with that low rent 3DS spinoff.

Would be a hell of a way to preview the future if Jill Valentine was a character in the trials mode coming out

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pomp posted:

It's a good game

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Never played RE3 so does anyone notice any easter-egg hinting at that game?

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Get out of here with that low rent 3DS spinoff.

Sir, I'm going to need you to take this opinion and shove it so far up your rear end you can taste it. Rev 1 Raid mode is near perfect and a perfectly acceptable game mode compared to mercs. :colbert:

codo27 posted:

They're sewers. They can't exactly throw a carnival in there.

Breezing through Claire A but I think I'm stuck. I don't have the small gear and can't see where I might have missed it

Oh god. Map and inventory count against play time? gently caress me

Small gear is in the clocktower room, upper floor clock machine.

What are you talking about with map and inventory? Where are you getting this info from?

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

I think he meant the actual 3ds game called RE: Mercenaries which was... functional.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

DeadButDelicious posted:

Under his trenchcoat is a limiter dressing that stops him from mutating, the chip in their heads are part of it and keeps their intelligence at basic dog-taking-commands level. When the limiters gets damaged it's lack-of-self-control berzerker claw time.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Remaking Resident evil 3 is gonna be weird as scope wise it should be much bigger than 1 and 2.

The fear is it would just be RE6 but with Nemesis. The worst RE game

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

RE2 Producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi at Taipei Game Show (JP article): Capcom remade RE2 because people sent a "love call" for 21 years to do so, if you really want RE3 then you have to send that same call.

Broose posted:

Sir, I'm going to need you to take this opinion and shove it so far up your rear end you can taste it. Rev 1 Raid mode is near perfect and a perfectly acceptable game mode compared to mercs. :colbert:

Raid Mode loving rules and I wish Rev 2's was nearly as good as it. I'm talking about THIS poo poo.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Rev1/2 kind of aged poorly for me due to how obviously low-budget they were with it and how floaty/poorly animated things were, in addition to guns feeling like they had zero weight or power to them. They did their best with the merc mode in Rev 2 but it was full of stupid skill tree poo poo and cartoonish elemental gun effects. It legit felt like a f2p thing. Shame because the whole Alex Wesker storyline was something I anticipated for a while and the narrative is kind of a letdown.

It's bewildering to compare the production value of Rev2 to 7/2 now but I guess whatever management revolution happened between then and now worked out well for Capcom 2017 and beyond

idk man all he'd have to do is open up loving OpenCritic and see it's likely to end the year as one of the highest rated games of 2019 already, that's a lotta love

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Isnt there a Resident Evil game on the 3DS that was clearly super high budget and had insane graphics that the 3DS had no right to be producing at reasonable framerates but did so anyway?

edit: yeah this is actually pretty mental if you consider how weak 3ds hardware was, footage is from six years ago

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Thinking back was there a lot more internal thoughts from Leon/Clare about the surroundings in the original?

I kinda missed the running commentary on how messed up the environment was.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

DeadButDelicious posted:

In that cutscene for Claire's game, there is more than one Mr. X. The one in that scene with the elevator has his torso ripped out by birkin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I wonder how they'd keep Nemesis fresh since in the original game he is the only boss anyone remembers. Kiryu Kazuma fought Kuze five times in Yakuza 0 which some people thought a waste since Majima got to fight way more important dudes than him.