Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

I had no idea this ever existed. I am deeply sorry. Only 3DS Resident Evil game I knew about is Revelations 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
I'm at the labs and I missed the flamethrower for Leon. Am I bonered?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Yes, it's found in the sewer chess puzzle at the end of that loving tunnel.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

I mean, it's not great. There's an enemy type that's a pain in the rear end without it but you can probably do it if you're frugal with the regular guns and good at dodging.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Broose posted:

I had no idea this ever existed. I am deeply sorry. Only 3DS Resident Evil game I knew about is Revelations 1.

Don't worry most people forgot that Mercenaries 3D existed.

Goddamnit Capcom.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I wonder how they'd keep Nemesis fresh since in the original game he is the only boss anyone remembers.

I was thinking about that too. My first idea is that they establish in RE3 that Nemesis is actively enjoying the hunt, so having him show up occasionally just to gently caress with you would be a good start. Maybe he harasses you with gunfire from the rooftops, kills a couple of NPCs in the area just to be a dick, or appears on the other side of streets, walls, or alleyways just to let you know he's there, but otherwise does nothing. When he's in pursuit mode, it's as dogged as Mr. X if not moreso, but every so often, demonstrate his weird sense of humor.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Wanderer posted:

I was thinking about that too. My first idea is that they establish in RE3 that Nemesis is actively enjoying the hunt, so having him show up occasionally just to gently caress with you would be a good start. Maybe he harasses you with gunfire from the rooftops, kills a couple of NPCs in the area just to be a dick, or appears on the other side of streets, walls, or alleyways just to let you know he's there, but otherwise does nothing. When he's in pursuit mode, it's as dogged as Mr. X if not moreso, but every so often, demonstrate his weird sense of humor.

Have Nemesis be the thing that killed all the UBCS troops, with the explanation being Umbrella wanted to see how it handles combat against coordinated, trained military outfits.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
RE6 is fun as hell. Especially coop or..on sale. It's a solid B game, just not revelatory like 4 or 7.

I'm loving the poo poo out of RE2 right now, but I somehow finished Leon A and walked right past the drat flamethrower. By the time I realised I missed it I was already running from the countdown

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Policenaut posted:

Have Nemesis be the thing that killed all the UBCS troops, with the explanation being Umbrella wanted to see how it handles combat against coordinated, trained military outfits.

I was kinda thinking it'd make more sense if he was the one who killed Dario.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Yes, it's found in the sewer chess puzzle at the end of that loving tunnel.

Speaking of that tunnel, is there a way to dodge/juke the Gs? I went back to an earlier save where I still have 11 shotgun shells, 42 pistol bullets and five flash grenades.

Getting the eyes to open/bursting them is bullet Hell and there's like no maneuverability in that tunnel. Even defending with a grenade doesn't seem to give an opportunity to skirt past.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Shoot the shoulder to show the eye and then it usually doesn't take alot to kill them.

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

I thought the last weapon was basically unmissable because it was in the same room with the items to solve its puzzle.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

LadyPictureShow posted:

Speaking of that tunnel, is there a way to dodge/juke the Gs? I went back to an earlier save where I still have 11 shotgun shells, 42 pistol bullets and five flash grenades.

Getting the eyes to open/bursting them is bullet Hell and there's like no maneuverability in that tunnel. Even defending with a grenade doesn't seem to give an opportunity to skirt past.

Let them charge from a distance and then back up, after a certain distance of charging they trip, letting you get past them while they recover.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Broose posted:

What are you talking about with map and inventory? Where are you getting this info from?

Pause and check your play time. Immediately open your map or inv and dick around for a bit. Pause and check your play time again. Sure looks like it keeps ticking to me.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

hey folks, i got up to the G2 fight (berkin? the guy with the crane and died like five times in a row. after my last death it prompted me with a loving essay on screen that i accidentally dismissed because it got to a point where i was just mashing A through the game over screen

anyone know what that said and i accidentally agreed/disagreed to?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

You may have just swapped to easy mode.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

No you need to press up to do that I think

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

cool. hoping i didn't because so far this has been the only spot of the game that gave me any trouble at all. not a huge fan of gimmick fights tbh

just saved the game and it still seems to say i'm on Standard so i should be good

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
The crane boss fight is easy:

1. Shoot Birkin in the bulgy eye until he kneels anywhere on the platform other than near the console
2. Press the button immediately.

He kneels for exactly enough time for the crane to turn and smack him. Repeat once.

Vic fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jan 27, 2019

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

ah no poo poo huh? i just called him the crane boss because there was a crane lying around - who would have thought you could interact with it!

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I dunno how to screenshot on Xbox. If I go back to the home menu the game pauses.

I'm gonna get to the bottom of this, Marvin

MMM MY ARM GOOD

Guys arm stayed glitched in the bar after I killed him

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I’m sure this has been pointed out but as great as this game is I miss the little flavor text you’d get when inspecting things in the original

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I'm glad that the HD age has finally revealed the identity of the young man in the picture on Jill's desk as a happy puppy.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Does the stock do all that much for the shotgun? At least it doesn't make it longer, which sounds like an issue for the grenade launcher.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

codo27 posted:

[/spoiler]

MMM MY ARM GOOD

"Stop eating yourself, stop eating yourself. Leon, you have this one liners thing in the bag"

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

codo27 posted:

I dunno how to screenshot on Xbox. If I go back to the home menu the game pauses.

I'm gonna get to the bottom of this, Marvin

MMM MY ARM GOOD

Guys arm stayed glitched in the bar after I killed him

I got a video clip of it I think but one of the early hallway zombies stumbled under a counter, I brained him on the floor and all the headmeat warped up on top. It was kinda neat.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

LadyPictureShow posted:

Now I'm wondering what he was called in the official strategy guides (Prima/Brady). Probably just 'Tyrant', right?

I have this guide which is meant to be the Resident Evil encyclopedia. Mr. X is referred to as "Tyrant (T-103 Type)" (Description: A new type of Tyrant created from the T-002 type. It has a much higher capacity for following orders, and was ordered in pursuit of the G-Virus within Raccoon City.)

It also has him without his coat and with the big claws, referred to as "Super Tyrant (T-103 Type)" (Description: This is the T-103 type without its limited. The T-103 wears its limiter device in a defense coat when deployed. Once removed, it undergoes physical transformation.)

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I'm glad that the HD age has finally revealed the identity of the young man in the picture on Jill's desk as a happy puppy.

its a good chance its her boyfriend...

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

The Berzerker posted:

I have this guide which is meant to be the Resident Evil encyclopedia. Mr. X is referred to as "Tyrant (T-103 Type)" (Description: A new type of Tyrant created from the T-002 type. It has a much higher capacity for following orders, and was ordered in pursuit of the G-Virus within Raccoon City.)

It also has him without his coat and with the big claws, referred to as "Super Tyrant (T-103 Type)" (Description: This is the T-103 type without its limited. The T-103 wears its limiter device in a defense coat when deployed. Once removed, it undergoes physical transformation.)

For what it's worth, that book is notorious for having been translated by howler monkeys.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

In grand tradition of me being a big wuss I finally started on on Assisted and I think it was the right call for me. I’ll see what happens after learning the game more.

Got a bit stuck with the detonator because I didn’t click on the chained Ops Room door so I was running around wondering what the gently caress since it wasn’t on the map. Lesson learned, click on everything even if you know you can’t do anything with it yet.

Game’s good though, even if I’m obviously having an easier time of it.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Wanderer posted:

For what it's worth, that book is notorious for having been translated by howler monkeys.

Oh I'm not saying it's the be-all, end-all. I'm just sharing what's in it for those who don't have access to it.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Completed my Leon A play through and now I’m psyching myself up for Claire B. I’m also considering running through Claire A on Assisted to try and grab a few of the trophies that are run dependent.

Coming out of Leon A I felt like the whole Mr. X chase isn’t really played too hard or for too long. While obviously it increased some tension to the game, I felt like there were was one key place he was missing, when you return to the RPD. And yeah, I know he’s more present in B scenarios. Hopefully I don’t regret my wishes later when I start.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Man...fuuuuuck the Ada part

And the sewers in general. Not nearly as fun as the police station.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

BiggerBoat posted:

Man...fuuuuuck the Ada part

And the sewers in general. Not nearly as fun as the police station.

Same.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
The sewers wouldn't be that bad if the map wasn't confusing.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
I think I spent almost 2 hours in the sewers in Leon A then probably about half an hour with Claire B. Once the initial confusion is passed it's rather bare bones.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Adas section sucks because what they want you to do is both boring and just bypasses the games flow.

The sewers as a whole are really quite short which I appreciated, but Im still laughing about Elliots plan to get out of RPD.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

:whatup:

I was busting my arse to get under 3 hours but lost it because of foolish backtracking. Only one of those saves was actually necessary against the final boss but there it is.

One thing that really helped was that as soon as Mr. Stompy showed up at the RPD after putting out the helicopter fire, my priority became getting the cogwheel sorted to get out of the RPD. I didn't dick around getting everything from the weapons locker - instead I waited until I had access to the RPD again from the sewer lift, developed the hidden film and grabbed those goodies. That way I could take my time, sneak around Lickers, and take the direct routes to where I needed to go instead of worrying about Stompy.

Re: Ada's segment - maybe make a save point at the start of it for practice? After a while I realised it was just "run to the end, activate the thing, grab the nearby flashbang, stun the zombies, run to the lift". Or you could kneecap them and run by and save the flashbang for Stompy - it's not needed through if you're quick enough. It's definitely jarring the first couple of times though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man I did not realise how much work the flamethrower put in during the lab with Leon, it's a nightmare with Claire unless I want to use up all six of my flame grenades

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Barudak posted:

The sewers as a whole are really quite short which I appreciated, but Im still laughing about Elliots plan to get out of RPD.

Well, he presumably had no idea what was down there. It just had the advantage of "not being here," which was significant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

DeadButDelicious posted:

Re: Ada's segment - maybe make a save point at the start of it for practice? After a while I realised it was just "run to the end, activate the thing, grab the nearby flashbang, stun the zombies, run to the lift". Or you could kneecap them and run by and save the flashbang for Stompy - it's not needed through if you're quick enough. It's definitely jarring the first couple of times though.

I got the achievement the other day for running her section without firing a shot or using anything other than her hacking gadget. It was easier than I thought it'd be.

One thing that's nice is that you can hack the door switch, flip it, pivot right, hack the fan activator, then take out the fan and dive through the shaft before Mr. X ever catches up to you, as long as you know where all the activation points are beforehand. The hardest bit was avoiding the zombies below, and you can juke a couple of them pretty easily in roundabouts.