Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PantsBandit posted:

After he moves the dresser or whatever (after hiding from him at the beginning) loop around the other side. You can then hide under a table until he passes which will trigger the next part

Not sure if you have to do it that way or if it'll automatically trigger eventually no matter what, but that's what worked for me.

Thanks, that got it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
Speaking of the stealth section, that was definitely the part of the game I hated the most (I am just generally bad at stealth in games), and it killed me so many times that I had to look up a guide for it, which gave me the table trick -- but the table seems like it's not supposed to work because the rear end in a top hat actually bumps into you and MOVES YOUR MODEL to the side as he walks past you. Is it possible to actually hide from him without hiding under the table, I ask in fear that they're going to patch that out?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Bonaventure posted:

Speaking of the stealth section, that was definitely the part of the game I hated the most (I am just generally bad at stealth in games), and it killed me so many times that I had to look up a guide for it, which gave me the table trick -- but the table seems like it's not supposed to work because the rear end in a top hat actually bumps into you and MOVES YOUR MODEL to the side as he walks past you. Is it possible to actually hide from him without hiding under the table, I ask in fear that they're going to patch that out?

I one shot the Sherri part no prob

That ada part though was awful

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Bonaventure posted:

The thing is that the flashlight is what gets you, not actually touching Irons. I've had some luck with hiding in the corner of the room, next to the crib that's blocking the hallway door, but you're usually better off ducking into that table alcove when he's blindly stumbling towards the end.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
For the infinite ammo LMG that requires plain S rank on hardcore, can you use the infinite ammo handgun? I know that nullifies S+ rank but as far as I know, only the rocket launcher and minigun needs S+.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I think when I did it there was this lovely little table desk whatever thing just next to the left of the bathroom door and I ducked behind it and it he missed me even though it really doesn't look like that should have worked.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Caidin posted:

I think when I did it there was this lovely little table desk whatever thing just next to the left of the bathroom door and I ducked behind it and it he missed me even though it really doesn't look like that should have worked.

This is what I did when I played. I think that's where you are supposed to be cause of how he falls over onto the desk right in front of you as a scare. And Irons would have to beeen blind to not see someone under that table, like come on.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Broose posted:

And Irons would have to beeen blind to not see someone under that table, like come on.

I mean, you did just throw acid in his face....so...

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
On the one hand I am an absolute baby (Though I did complete REmake and RE4). On the other hand I want to show off my fancy new GTX 1070 and 1440p monitor...

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

enojy posted:

Oh sweet, did not know that RE4 was ported to PS4. Totally picking that up next time it goes on sale. I just hope it doesn't feel inferior to play after RE2make.

Resident Evil 4 is timeless. So good almost every 3rd person shooter started copying its behind the shoulder view style

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Bonaventure posted:

The Sherry and Ada parts are blights on an otherwise near perfect experience. I failed the Sherry part a bunch of times on my first playthrough, too.

Door's LOCKED!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Thundercracker posted:

Resident Evil 4 is timeless. So good almost every 3rd person shooter started copying its behind the shoulder view style

RE4make with PS5 graphics is going to be loving dope.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

man nurse posted:

The Sherry and Ada parts are blights on an otherwise near perfect experience. I failed the Sherry part a bunch of times on my first playthrough, too.

Door's LOCKED!

A bunch? Like more than once? How is that possible when the sections ask so little of you. Is there a kill animation for Ada and Sherry?

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
I'm not sure about ada, but you get a "you are trapped" game over with a very ominous shutting of a door animation with Sherry.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
I am consistently getting a crash in Leon's A scenario at the moment the rescue helicopter crashes (I've played up to that section four times and a couple seconds after the helicopter crashes the game blackscreens and then dumps me to the desktop), and it's annoyingly hard to search for solutions to a crash happening at the same time as a crash.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I actually got caught twice as sherry before I figured out where to go after he does his first lap. The game suggested turning the difficulty down to easy because I failed the gimmick section.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

A bunch? Like more than once? How is that possible when the sections ask so little of you. Is there a kill animation for Ada and Sherry?

It's completely unclear how the stealth mechanics work and what Irons' behavior and rules would be. I expected him to behave like a human being looking for a small child and to start peering over objects and bending down to look under them, for instance, which prompted me to go to areas that, in fact, his route would backtrack through without any recourse to avoid being seen if you enter them. At least there's a consistent pattern to it so that once you learn how to deal with the bullshit, you're done even on replays.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
But I am also definitely the sort of person who equips Snake with the machinegun that makes him go "rrrrRRAAAAAA!!!" when he fires it.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
This has probably been asked before but I'm trying to avoid the spoiler minefield. Mid-game Leon A spoilers: I'm in the parking garage and I forgot to go to the special weapons case outside of the Birkin boss fight room. Can I get back there later? I can't go back through Birkin's room because he's a dick and collapsed the catwalk. When I remembered I had never opened the case I was back in the PD, but I couldn't reopen the statue passage.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

RichterIX posted:

This has probably been asked before but I'm trying to avoid the spoiler minefield. Mid-game Leon A spoilers: I'm in the parking garage and I forgot to go to the special weapons case outside of the Birkin boss fight room. Can I get back there later? I can't go back through Birkin's room because he's a dick and collapsed the catwalk. When I remembered I had never opened the case I was back in the PD, but I couldn't reopen the statue passage.

You can backtrack to anything until a point in the game where you're literally told you can't backtrack any more.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

RichterIX posted:

Yes, you will be able to go back there, but not for a while.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I got caught once, but then the loading screen tip told me that you have to avoid his flashlight, so I guess I got lucky.

I'm disappointed that they seem to have excised two of the best lines from the original; "Guy's a maniac, why'd hebiteme?" And, when Leon is in the jail, meeting Ben, with Ada, and he's trying to make a plan, but Ada just walks away. His exasperated tone just sells it; "Why does nobody listen to me!?"

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
I can't read the tips because my game loads too fast :negative:

Actual question, if you wait for your reticule to converge, does that do extra damage? Also does that even matter on the upgraded magnum?

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
I quite like the Sherry section because it breaks up the action a little and throws something different at you. It's like the Mia tape in RE7. Ada section I am indifferent to because at first I hated but now I know where to go it's just not an issue so I don't *anything* it.

Will say that Sherry's section is a lot better than getting murdered by dogs or stun locked to death by cockroaches.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Leavemywife posted:

And, when Leon is in the jail, meeting Ben, with Ada, and he's trying to make a plan, but Ada just walks away. His exasperated tone just sells it; "Why does nobody listen to me!?"

It’s even better than that. Ada runs away, then he talks to Claire on the radio who also just blows him off.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Thisuck posted:

I can't read the tips because my game loads too fast :negative:

Actual question, if you wait for your reticule to converge, does that do extra damage? Also does that even matter on the upgraded magnum?

From what I can tell no. It just makes it so your shot is pinpoint accurate.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Bonaventure posted:

It's completely unclear how the stealth mechanics work and what Irons' behavior and rules would be. I expected him to behave like a human being looking for a small child and to start peering over objects and bending down to look under them, for instance, which prompted me to go to areas that, in fact, his route would backtrack through without any recourse to avoid being seen if you enter them. At least there's a consistent pattern to it so that once you learn how to deal with the bullshit, you're done even on replays.
Factually, sure, he's a human. In terms of how he's actually portrayed, he's basically Mr. X relative to Sherry, and when he chases her he's in his second, dumber, uglier and angrier form.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Ok, I beat scenario A finally.

Outside of the sewer section, this is a great game. But I am a little disappointed that they took out the factory section and replaced it with more sewer. I also hate the monsters that are there, even though there are like only 4 of them.

Also, I don't know if its the adaptive difficulty because I never died, but the final boss for Claire took all of my minigun rounds, and then like 15 acid rounds and still needed a sparkshot round to die.

Adding to that, I would get hit once by some things and go straight to danger status.

blackguy32 fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jan 28, 2019

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

What’s the best way to deal with adult G’s in the sewers as Claire?

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Lord Ludikrous posted:

What’s the best way to deal with adult G’s in the sewers as Claire?

Sparkshot into the eyeball kills em in one overcharge hit.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Also a single flame grenade also works. A second or so after the shot the burn damage accumulates and stuns them so you can walk past.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

I will say this. Use your ammo. I hoarded a bunch of grenade launcher ammo thinking that I would see stronger monsters but there are only like what 10 lickers in the whole game?

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

What is the spark shot actually useful for?

I found it essential on hardcore. I just couldn't hold enough ammo on my person to put the last 2 boss forms down without it.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

blackguy32 posted:

I will say this. Use your ammo. I hoarded a bunch of grenade launcher ammo thinking that I would see stronger monsters but there are only like what 10 lickers in the whole game?
There's also very little point in fighting lickers because they're so easy to avoid if they're the only enemies in a room.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Is there any way to craft Flame Rounds?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
There is a somewhat hidden line reading in the game that is just fantastic

If you loop around as Claire and voluntarily go down the big slide in the sewer Leon has to go down, at the bottom, she delivers the most honest and perfect "gently caress this" I have ever heard.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Gunder posted:

Is there any way to craft Flame Rounds?

Nope.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Accordion Man posted:

There's also very little point in fighting lickers because they're so easy to avoid if they're the only enemies in a room.

Lickers in RE2make are kind of neat because they feel a lot closer to what they were sold as in the original. You don’t fight Lickers if you’re going after them, you surprise, overwhelm, and kill them as quickly as possible. The lab bit with two showing up is pretty great. Sneak up, toss flashbang, acid round, clean up with the SMG. :getin:

Still not totally sure who I’m gonna use to go for the infinite SMG. Claire’s got better weapon variety now that I’ve had a chance to play with her toolset, but Leon’s no slouch either, and his back half is less of a pain to run through.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I like that all the way into the NEST Leon is still genuinely surprised Zombies can take a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Ugh, I am exactly two files short of the loremaster achievement and have no way to narrow down what I'm missing.