Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

CJacobs posted:

Please buy RE2Make, they got rid of the spiders and replaced them with something else which is arguably more creative and fitting, and you absolutely should support such business practices.

I cannot in good faith support anything that does not include spiders, sorry.

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jan 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

:same:

(I'm not going to get it since I don't really like resident evil aside from 4)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Improbable Lobster posted:

You mother fucker. How dare you.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
What if the Spiders are there but all invisible and on the roof above you, or Mr X is 3 giant spiders stacked on top of each other.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Judge Tesla posted:

What if the Spiders are there but all invisible and on the roof above you, or Mr X is 3 giant spiders stacked on top of each other.

Invisible spiders is RE Revelations 2

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
I finally finished this last podcast, and I have to say I would totally watch Woolie stream New Vegas.

Not only do I think it has the best story hook of all the modern Fallouts (find the guy who shot you in the head and buried you in a shallow grave, also he took your poo poo), but I'd like to hear his opinions on Honest Hearts and Joshua Graham. I think that'd be a cool discussion.

I know Pat has streamed it, but eh.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

CJacobs posted:

Please buy RE2Make, they got rid of the spiders and replaced them with something else which is arguably more creative and fitting, and you absolutely should support such business practices.

I don't know what you're talking about but the game owns

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Andrast posted:

:same:

(I'm not going to get it since I don't really like resident evil aside from 4)

It plays like 4 sort of. Not really. 4 is definitely more of an action game.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Your Parents posted:

It plays like 4 sort of. Not really. 4 is definitely more of an action game.

A friend of mine described it as "What if RE4 didn't move the series away from survival horror?", and that seems pretty spot on to what I've seen.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
good to see matt is back to gushing about sugary garbage cereals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt-Bmp0R0lY&hd=1

I did lol at the "display turntable" he uses, because only the highest effects for this show

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh also I've been feeling the gap left by SBF exploding, and I've no interest in fallout or anything so pat's stream archives et al don't do it for me, so I've been looking for some other video gamesmen on youtube to fill that gap. Kept getting recommended this dude, Alpharad, and he seems like an okay fella, though most of his videos are Smash Ultimate. He fairly heavily edits his videos(I think they're originally stream archives) and plays off his friends really well. His max level CPU tournament commentary makes me think of VGCW a bit.

this video was the first one I saw and piqued my interest, also shocked me at how much bullshit smash can handle before it really starts chugging
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cR1XmP_5A4&hd=1

the first max level CPU tourney, they're real fun because they edit the slow bits out, also turns out the CPU in Ultimate is real sassy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTLUMH8Aa1M&hd=1

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Alpharad is a good boy.

And yeah, smash CPUs are surprisingly competent.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh I more meant, like, Kirby the teabagging wonder, or the edgeguarding zelda diving down after a spike for more for absolutely no reason, or other various "taunts"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I realize I played roughly as much RE2 over the weekend as Pat and that can't be good

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

RE2make might be the best game in the series, so that's not that big a deal.

I've been dumping time into it as well.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
RE2MAKE made me realize how much better the series was before they brought back Wesker

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I really hope that capcom keeps up their non-fighting game hotstreak they've been on and DMC 5 blows my loving socks off.

Game looks promising though.

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.

Monaghan posted:

I really hope that capcom keeps up their non-fighting game hotstreak they've been on and DMC 5 blows my loving socks off.

Game looks promising though.

I’m told it will exceed expectations

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

RE2MAKE made me realize how much better the series was before they brought back Wesker

I've been saying this since CV but it really is where everything started to go sideways.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Bonaventure posted:

I've been saying this since CV but it really is where everything started to go sideways.

Like 4 survives because it leaned into it but yeah the series never really got better after "virus = magic"

Even 7 fell into it a bit too much

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
WESKER:
I know I already made a virus that gives me immortality and superpowers without any downsides, but imagine the power of having big glowing organs on the outside of my body. Yes, all according to plan.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I still kinda prefer the simple premise of the first game even though it's obviously not as polished as the sequels. The crazy stuff with Umbrella and Wesker doesn't really start until you're near the end, and for the most part it's just "you're stuck in this mansion with a bunch of zombies and other horrible poo poo, get the gently caress out." I don't know, I just really like RE1.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

My favorite part of the wesker twist in 1 is finding that photo of scientists and one is wesker and you can tell because he has sunglasses on still

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mel Mudkiper posted:

RE1-3 are mechanically trash and filled with just the most filler bullshit imaginable.

The Remakes alleviate a lot of the problems but before them the franchise's only good games were 4 and some of 5 mostly because they had the good sense to turn into how stupid the entire setting cast and story of RE is.

Wesker in 5 and Leon in 4 are the only times any of the classic cast are any fun or are interesting at all.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

RE1-3 are mechanically trash and filled with just the most filler bullshit imaginable.

The Remakes alleviate a lot of the problems but before them the franchise's only good games were 4 and some of 5 mostly because they had the good sense to turn into how stupid the entire setting cast and story of RE is.

Wesker in 5 and Leon in 4 are the only times any of the classic cast are any fun or are interesting at all.

Resident Evil begins at 4, then?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

hoobajoo posted:

Resident Evil begins at 4, then?

It starts when Wesker says "7 Minutes....."

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Look at this scrub quotes poo poo

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Look at this scrub quotes poo poo

There's a reason even the remakes moved away from old RE style stuff.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

But the first game's remake plays almost exactly like the original version.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Roth posted:

Yes, this guy is a scrub moron.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
The first four resident evil games are Very Good. All the other ones are REALLY bad.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Roth posted:

It doesn't control like complete rear end.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

There's a reason even the remakes moved away from old RE style stuff.

They really didn't

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Man in the best friends thread getting salty about tank controls lol

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Man in the best friends thread getting salty about tank controls lol

Don't call me a man and yeah they're really bad and largely a relic of an old era that thankfully fell away do to games being made where you could actually move a camera around

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Imagine hating tank controls

The shame

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Wah there is like a two.minute learning curve for the controls that allows for dramatic camera angles and really nice high def rendered backgrounds I hate it

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

But it has the same tank controls and everything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I bet you complain about turn based battle systems too

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)