Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Kansas bad, ESPN really obnoxious when it comes to their exclusive coverage of Duke and Kentucky compared to anyone else in the league, gonna be really funny when Zion doesn't end up #1 on the Draft or half of ESPN's staff gets layed off, whichever comes first, though it'll all be interns and not like, say, Seth Greenberg.

e: I should stop being salty about every drat loss, but a seasons worth of putting up with the Tennessee Titans and Kansas football is supposed to be offset by this. And it's not. At least Dedric is still cool.

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jan 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Enjoy OT Gritty, I am not gonna watch Mizzou lose by 8 after the bullshit that was the first 40 minutes

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Enjoy OT Gritty, I am not gonna watch Mizzou lose by 8 after the bullshit that was the first 40 minutes

I'm not sure I'd say I'm enjoying it but I'll finish it out.

LSU has started hitting shots mainly, I mean Missouri has been bad at the end but this game would have still been a 6 or 7 point win if that didn't happen. To be fair they should have started hitting shots earlier.

Mizzou is down to Geist hero ball now.

e: and that should about do it.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Probably Magic posted:

, gonna be really funny when Zion doesn't end up #1 on the Draft or half of ESPN's staff gets layed off, whichever comes first, though it'll all be interns and not like, say, Seth Greenberg.

He's like as close to a lock as you can possibly be and this is a weird thing to celebrate

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
A Kansas fan complaining about ESPN coverage is also pretty hilarious

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

MourningView posted:

He's like as close to a lock as you can possibly be and this is a weird thing to celebrate

Don't lie that the thought of a jobless Dan Dakich doesn't slightly bemuse you.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Probably Magic posted:

Don't lie that the thought of a jobless Dan Dakich doesn't slightly bemuse you.

Sure but that isn't most of the people who get laid off when that happens

ColdBlooded posted:

A Kansas fan complaining about ESPN coverage is also pretty hilarious

Also this lol.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

MourningView posted:

Sure but that isn't most of the people who get laid off when that happens

it's almost as if i mentioned that directly in what you quoted and joked about it

Like, I get it, gently caress Kansas, but if you have to be this willfully obtuse to make your burns, why make them.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Pasch just getting destroyed by Walton is my only comfort for this game.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Probably Magic posted:

it's almost as if i mentioned that directly in what you quoted and joked about it

Like, I get it, gently caress Kansas, but if you have to be this willfully obtuse to make your burns, why make them.

are you really this mad because a team has lost 4 whole games

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Guess the answer to that is yes.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Eat poo poo Izzo

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I don’t say this often, but we’re counting on you Texas.

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
Georgia Tech are some no shootin' mofos.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
God playing Virginia is just a death march.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

This is ugly even for UVA standards

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
State pulled it all the way back and forced OT, pretty impressive even if they lose this one (they will)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
KU loses to Texas (barring something absolutely ridiculous in the last 12.5 seconds).

It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the Big 12 fucks up this year to give Kansas another title.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Vols roll over the Cocks without too much trouble. Jordan Bowden tweaked his knee in warmups so hopefully he has a quick recovery.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I love when a player tries to intentionally miss a free throw and it goes right through.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Aaaaaand breathe. Only 1 game in the next 11 days thankfully. We looked gassed

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007
If you don’t watch Michigan basketball, our tiny point guard has developed a great hook shot. Dan Dakich just called him “the best hooker he’s seen” since Kareem Abdul Jabar. Phrasing.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

BlackJosh posted:

If you don’t watch Michigan basketball, our tiny point guard has developed a great hook shot. Dan Dakich just called him “the best hooker he’s seen” since Kareem Abdul Jabar. Phrasing.

Dakich has finally found a trait he likes better than hustle.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky up 45-15 at the half against Vanderbilt. They are absolutely dominating on both ends of the floor.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Ungratek posted:

Aaaaaand breathe. Only 1 game in the next 11 days thankfully. We looked gassed

Really hate that one slipping away, that and a respectable .500 the rest of the way would have been more than enough to get State into the tournament. Tougher now, they really need the VT game this weekend.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

elentar posted:

Really hate that one slipping away, that and a respectable .500 the rest of the way would have been more than enough to get State into the tournament. Tougher now, they really need the VT game this weekend.

Y’all looked like a tournament team to me. Was really impressed with how they responded when down 14. Every other team we’ve played this year has collapsed at that point

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky-Vandy game is so bad they're not only talking about Jimmy Dykes' attempted country music career, they actually dug up his song and played it.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Grittybeard posted:

KU loses to Texas (barring something absolutely ridiculous in the last 12.5 seconds).

It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the Big 12 fucks up this year to give Kansas another title.

The Big 12 always finds a way.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Ohio State - Michigan: This is a rivalry game. No seriously, it is

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Tilmon feasting against Auburn so far, although I imagine Auburn is gonna end up winning by 15

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Tilmon feasting against Auburn so far, although I imagine Auburn is gonna end up winning by 15

I tuned in just in time to see Auburn drain like every three in the world and Missouri look clueless on offense (so nothing abnormal there).

e: It was a 1 point game when I turned it on a minute into the second half, before the second commercial break Auburn has a 22 point lead.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jan 31, 2019

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

I love that this turned out to be a wildly optimistic take.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

I love that this turned out to be a wildly optimistic take.

lol, oh well. Mizzou was never gonna compete without Mark Smith in the lineup. hope his injury isn't too bad

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Carsen Edwards is 5/6 from 3 in the first 6 minutes at Penn St.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Penn State and Purdue were 18/30 from 3 in the 1st half.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Purdue defending like it's mid-December again

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

ColdBlooded posted:

Purdue defending like it's mid-December again

And the FTA differential is back too, 19 for PSU, 2 for Purdue so far.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

PotatoJudge posted:

And the FTA differential is back too, 19 for PSU, 2 for Purdue so far.

Purdue can't buy a call tonight.
I expect a discrepancy like that at MSU - but Penn State? :lol:

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Purdue can't play post defense without drawing a foul, but they're not getting the whistle at the other end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

PotatoJudge posted:

Purdue can't play post defense without drawing a foul, but they're not getting the whistle at the other end

And not a single block / charge has gone against PSU