Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Got to the very end of 4th Survivor only to die to the plant dudes out front because I didn't have any sub-weapons left to deal with them.

That was...frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Just replace Mr. X ambience with either East Hastings by Godspeed or literally any wrestling theme.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

PantsBandit posted:

Got to the very end of 4th Survivor only to die to the plant dudes out front because I didn't have any sub-weapons left to deal with them.

That was...frustrating.

Tofu is easier to finish with than Hunk because he's got 16 goddamn knives.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
[bangs head into desk]
Just trying to replay LeonA between G1 and the jail cell, but I'm getting constantly bad enemy placement with X and the lickers in the hallway by the weapon locker.

Either the licker is just taking up the entire width of the hallway and won't budge left or right, is being agro'd by quiet footsteps, or either of the above happens and then X shows up.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
So what's the word? Game Good? Only RE games I've played have been 4, 5 and 7, and I've loved them, but I have no nostalgia for RE2 so I'll only be in it for the "Is this a good game to experience in 2019"

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Fabricated posted:

I kinda hope something like this is possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WutlOjp2JsI

If the last bit was the DMX bark I would have died, but it was pretty good as is.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Game impossibly and unexpectedly good.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

So what's the word? Game Good? Only RE games I've played have been 4, 5 and 7, and I've loved them, but I have no nostalgia for RE2 so I'll only be in it for the "Is this a good game to experience in 2019"

you'll love it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

On behalf of nostalgia: it's great

As an RE fan: it loving owns

Just judging it as a game: it's really good and spooky and tense and fun

9/10 now crank out RE3make

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope they do RE8 instead

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm in! Thanks all!

Mr. X guy looks fuckin' terrifying. Jack Baker-tier

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

There’s some slight disagreement on whether or not the B/2nd runs are different enough to have been worth making in the first place but other than that game is extremely good.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Okay, with my current weapons it's either a flashbang and 7 shotgun rounds or 3 mag rounds to the dome.

I will stand my ground that these shitstains have too much HP.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

In Training posted:

I hope the series continues in the direction of RE7 with the RE2 mechanics and whatnot.

The first half of RE7 in VR probably took 5 years off my life with how loving hard my heart was beating.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I hope the series continues in the direction of RE7 with the RE2 mechanics and whatnot.

The first half of RE7 in VR probably took 5 years off my life with how loving hard my heart was beating.

Marguerite at the top of the stairs absolutely shortened my life by a decade.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

In Training posted:

I'm into another first person game but only with proper zombies and none of this black slime monster poo poo and/or psychic ghost girls. Give me RE8 with a Tyrant enemy, zombies, Lickers/Hunters and RE characters, gently caress Ethan

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Addendum: It may be shorter than you could be expecting. RE2 is a short (per campaign), highly detailed game that is replayable not only due to the differences between the characters and the 1st/2nd run but you may also feel an indescribable need to get better at it next time even if you aren’t changing difficulties. Even just going through it the first time my brain my going “Okay so next time I should remember this and do this” and I wasn’t even sure if there was going to be a next time.

Pau
Jun 7, 2004

Game is great, some of us bitch about the second run cause we are old enough to have experienced the original and so have something to compare it to. I bet people who play this one only, find the second run perfectly enjoyable.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I had a moment of taking a bizarro world interpretation of "Pick and choose your fights"™ and "Conserve resources"™

I have zero regrets. Thinking about all the theoretical 'Would I have needed it?' resources saved, and very real headaches avoided. By applying a single shotgun shell to each Library zombie sleeping on the job that still had a skull.

Between falling back on my natural instinct to hoard items-I mean, Minimize Contact. Taking a break for a sure thing was very cathartic when I had 60 looted handgun ammo before using the C4.

Funny enough, it feels genuinely wasteful to bother with the shotgun against live zombies. RNJesus hates me so it's a coinflip if shooting a zombie in the face with a shotgun reveals them to be Daffy Duck in disguise (I just fled like a baby from the first Licker).

So I came out "ahead" :downsrim: in shotgun and handgun ammo for my irresponsible library shooting spree, by loading my save, and only shooting sleepy zombies with it.

I get vague flashbacks about the library from the original. So as much as anything this is payback for every gently caress up that got me bit in the old game by saving ammo. (I am also the slowest survivor in the world, so I may as well enjoy it now. Because infinity bullets won't be gracing my playthroughs).

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The sturdy zombies are the perfect demonstration of sunken cost fallacy.

"I can't waste a shotgun shell now, I've already put 6 bullets in him. Surely the next one will..."

*shoots*
*zombie gets up*
"Surely the next one will...*
*shoots*
*zombie gets up*
"Surely the next one will...*
*shoots*
*zombie gets up*
"Oh for gently caress's sake...*

This is usually me in video games. Which makes any segment where they take away all your weapons and you have to collect them fresh a monument to my "I'll just use my baby guns, I might need literally every other weapon I own later!" hubris.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

These days I find infinite weapons fun for about 5 minutes before I get bored of them. I find much more fun in playing the game the “right” way as efficiently as possible but still engaging with it the way a “normal” player would.

So if I’m playing REmake2 10 years from now I’m still going to be clearing out every room in the police station.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

In Training posted:

The rumor I heard was that there are apparently now three full-time RE teams at Capcom, so it might not be a binary choice between RE8 and "RE3make."

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Game good. I beat it twice in a 24 hour period and I already have a craving to play through it again on a higher difficulty.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wanderer posted:

The rumor I heard was that there are apparently now three full-time RE teams at Capcom, so it might not be a binary choice between RE8 and "RE3make."

Outbreak 3 then, please.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

In Training posted:

Outbreak 3 then, please.

Turn Outbreak into their new live service game thing so they can keep adding more and more stages and characters and stuff then remake 1 and 2 in it.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

DLC Inc posted:

is it just me or are the multiple fedoras I find around the RPD in random places a reference about how there are multiple Tyrants in the city

I just assumed they were your stereotypical Sheriff hat, especially with that braid around it. Maybe whatever county Raccoon City is in is small enough that the Sheriffs office and the R.P.D. just share the jail space at the R.P.D. station.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Made it to the lab at 2:08 but I did not go back for anything so all I have is the revolver (with upgrades), the HiPower, and the Grenade Launcher. It's amazing how cheeseable the bosses are though so it's not like I don't have a bunch of ammo for those three at least...

Does the clock still run when you watch cutscenes?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Fhqwhgads posted:

Does the clock still run when you watch cutscenes?

Yeah

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
It runs during puzzles and inventory management too.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Marin Karin posted:

It runs during puzzles and inventory management too.

The weird thing is I keep seeing resources that say the opposite of this and I can’t tell if it’s a difficulty setting or if the internet’s just full of crap again.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Hm I might be wrong. I thought I read it did, and I feel like my high time was because I spent a lot of it staring at my inventory and puzzles.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Marin Karin posted:

Hm I might be wrong. I thought I read it did, and I feel like my high time was because I spent a lot of it staring at my inventory and puzzles.

Nah, I confirmed it at least keeps ticking in my Hardcore run, but didn't really check all that much on Standard or Assisted. Just one of those weird internet things.

I learned the right way to do it anyway: Keep a note file on my phone with all the puzzle solutions so I can for-real pause the game to look poo poo up. :v:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Now that I've beaten it, I don't understand why people have been saying the game is unexpectedly short. Since when is two separate 6-8 hour campaigns considered short? And that's not even including the B routes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dewgy posted:

Nah, I confirmed it at least keeps ticking in my Hardcore run, but didn't really check all that much on Standard or Assisted. Just one of those weird internet things.

I learned the right way to do it anyway: Keep a note file on my phone with all the puzzle solutions so I can for-real pause the game to look poo poo up. :v:

Now that I've finished a run on all 4 routes, I'm gonna make a physical print out cheat sheet to keep on hand. I just finished Leon B in 2:12, there's lots of little things I coulda done to shave that time off. drat that's fun though, its great to have a game this good and beautiful that falls into my Metroid Zero Mission tier comfort food where I could blow through it in a afternoon on a whim.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

CJacobs posted:

Now that I've beaten it, I don't understand why people have been saying the game is unexpectedly short. Since when is two separate 6-8 hour campaigns considered short? And that's not even including the B routes.

People are used to playing games for hundreds of hours these days

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Thundercracker posted:

People are used to playing games for hundreds of hours these days

https://twitter.com/harddrivemag/status/1058750652518608897

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I'm at 57/58 for lore explorer and damned if I know what I missed at this point.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Claire A in 2:46:37 so I finally got my S and can't wait to mow down zombies with the infinite handgun. What surprised me is I got Small Carbon Footprint, too, and by no way was I conservative with my steps. I didn't backtrack to get the SMG though, so maybe that helped? It sounded like Small Carbon Footprint would require you to really make every footstep count, but lol if you think I optimized anything.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Kibayasu posted:

These days I find infinite weapons fun for about 5 minutes before I get bored of them. I find much more fun in playing the game the “right” way as efficiently as possible but still engaging with it the way a “normal” player would.

So if I’m playing REmake2 10 years from now I’m still going to be clearing out every room in the police station.

Mostly agreed, but I want that minigun because I think miniguns are cool.

Tried Hardcore with both characters for the first time. I feel like Leon is much, much better equipped to go after Birkin stage one than Claire. She is going in with her grenade launcher and a five round pea shooter, while Leon can have 24 in the mag and a full stack of spare ammo on top of his shotgun.

Does Hardcore still give you the full 20 inventory slots? I know the hip pouch in the third floor is not where it usually compared to standard, but is it straight gone?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

marshmallow creep posted:

Mostly agreed, but I want that minigun because I think miniguns are cool.

Tried Hardcore with both characters for the first time. I feel like Leon is much, much better equipped to go after Birkin stage one than Claire. She is going in with her grenade launcher and a five round pea shooter, while Leon can have 24 in the mag and a full stack of spare ammo on top of his shotgun.

Does Hardcore still give you the full 20 inventory slots? I know the hip pouch in the third floor is not where it usually compared to standard, but is it straight gone?

I could be wrong but I don't think Hardcore does, it seems to give you more limited inventory expansion. In 2 hardcore playthroughs I never found more than 2 pouches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Is my best bet for the massive horde at the end of 4th Survivor to just save a frag grenade? I figure that's my best option but I really don't feel like getting all the way there just to die again if I'm wrong.

I guess I could also use a flashbang. So far I've been using 1 flash in the parking garage, 1 flash to get by the sewer monsters, and then the last time I used a flash to get past the zombies by the shower room.