Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Winter Rose posted:

They were right at the door at my Costco in San Diego.

'Memory fiber' pillows at the door were $26 at mine. :|

I need a new harder foam pillow.

don't snitch

Bummey fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jan 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Chinatown posted:

Bridgestone, Firestone, Goodyear, BF Goodrich tires are hilariously overpriced and are manufactured for soccer moms and dads who know jack poo poo about cars.

KO2s are amazing though and if you can point me to a better tire that also has white letters then I'll take that into consideration.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Went to church, got cheese pizza and steaks

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Is this still the case when they are running their $0.01 cent installation special? Are you guys upset with the cost or the actual service performed? Unclear. My tire/battery guys have always been super helpful at my temple.

PBUC

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

ThirstyBuck posted:

Is this still the case when they are running their $0.01 cent installation special? Are you guys upset with the cost or the actual service performed? Unclear. My tire/battery guys have always been super helpful at my temple.

PBUC

It’s nothing against the Church, but my entire state has to share one Costco (in the middle) and it shows more in Auto than all other departments.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

At Costco. No duck rilettes :(

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

ThirstyBuck posted:

PBUC

Costco doesn't carry tires for my vehicle in store or online and they refuse to install tires that are not in their approved size book so I went to discount tire and they price matched the penny install with no push back. Their rebate was also $10 more but mail-in versus Costco's instant.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

Cyks posted:

Costco doesn't carry tires for my vehicle in store or online and they refuse to install tires that are not in their approved size book so I went to discount tire and they price matched the penny install with no push back. Their rebate was also $10 more but mail-in versus Costco's instant.

Went to Costco this morning and the parking lot was almost full 10 minutes before opening. I do love everybody in this city doesn't realize you can use the pump even if your tank is on the other side. Always open spots yet a line of 3+ cars waiting at the other pumps.

tacosupreme
Jun 24, 2006
ask me about men.

FizFashizzle posted:

What's the best easily prepared late night snack to get at costco

like something i can just throw in the oven that's relatively healthy

Wontons in an air fryer is a nice mix of healthy and convenient

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Cyks posted:

Went to Costco this morning and the parking lot was almost full 10 minutes before opening. I do love everybody in this city doesn't realize you can use the pump even if your tank is on the other side. Always open spots yet a line of 3+ cars waiting at the other pumps.

I got yelled at by a lady who was telling me I couldn’t pump and how dare I block a pump in that situation. I just stared at her like ???? the whole time I filled up. I just don’t get why people feel the need to be an rear end in a top hat for no reason. If she would have asked what I was doing I would have shown her or if she jus watched for a few more seconds. She just needs a dog and a sofa I feel.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Virigoth posted:

She just needs a dog and a sofa I feel.

I like how this typo still works because its Costco we're talking about here.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Chinatown posted:

Sumitomo, Hankook, Kumho, Toyo, etc.

Seriously, shop around. Brand names mean jack poo poo.

So if brand names mean poo poo, why are you listing a bunch?

I use Hankook tires, but they aren't magically better than anything else. It's a tire that works perfectly fine where I live where it doesn't get too hot in the summer or cold in the winter.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I like how this typo still works because its Costco we're talking about here.

I'm glad you pointed this out because my mind went to "a nice little puppy and a comfy sofa should cheer her up just fine."

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

binge crotching posted:

So if brand names mean poo poo, why are you listing a bunch?

I use Hankook tires, but they aren't magically better than anything else. It's a tire that works perfectly fine where I live where it doesn't get too hot in the summer or cold in the winter.
American companies are evil unlike Korean and Japanese companies that only have your best interests in mind.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

At Costco. No duck rilettes :(

Sorry about that. I googled them and didn't see them either. They were with the fancy cold stuff like the blue crab spread and frozen braised lamb shanks and such.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm glad you pointed this out because my mind went to "a nice little puppy and a comfy sofa should cheer her up just fine."

You need to focus your ‘Co chi comrade.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

They raised the price of the good potato salad from $5 to $7. It's still good and I still bought it, but like, begrudgingly.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Don’t know if it is a local only item but got a box of the “Made Good” organic granola bars last costco trip and they are a hit with kids and adults alike. Box is almost empty after less than a week!

Thumbs up!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Excessively large box of individually-sized sachets of Gummis Bear: not nearly excessively large enough.
:goonsay:

PBUC

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Jan 29, 2019

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Were they the sugar free ones?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Don't get stressed going to the 'Co. Smoke some weed, put on some headphones, eat a dog and then make your way through the store with no rush. Feel free to slam your cart into other people's carts who abandon them or run over people who are stopped to get samples. Those people are sub-human trash, regardless of the fact that they also have Costco cards.

It's sad, but we have to accept that access to the church is not exclusive, so some really repugnant people still get in the doors.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I leave my cart with my woman far off and I dart in and out like a shark for my samples.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
I have renewed my faith with the costco credit card. my first purchase with the card was the take and bake Mac n cheese and a second helping of the ex officio underpants. may the savings rain down like manna from heaven, pee-buck.

lowcrabdiet
Jun 28, 2004
I'm not Steve Nash.
College Slice
I got my tires from Costco two years ago. I got a nail in my sidewall last week and Costco only charged me $20 on a $160 tire because of their road hazard warranty. Pretty much pays for a year of membership right there. PBUC

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Understand how unstable the truth can be.

Coredump posted:

I leave my cart with my woman far off and I dart in and out like a shark for my samples.

I hope you grab double samples for her!

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

belt posted:

I like the Veggie Bowls that they have in the frozen food sections and they're pretty good with some Cholula. Maybe a little heavy for a late night snack though.

https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/Don-Lee-Farms-Organic-Veggie-Bowl%2C-Superfoods%2C-10-oz%2C-6-ct.product.100296293.html

These have been out of stock at my Costco for months. They were my girlfriends go-to work lunch. Are they available in the wild??

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Just put in for it in the suggestion box.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i don't get my tires at costco but i do take my car there when the air pressure is low. they have a bigass compressor and the guy will just hook up the hose and do it for you and off you go. don't think you need to be a costco member even

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I just use a cheap bicycle air compressor. Just plug it into my car outlet and let it go to town. I was amazed but that tiny thing has filled up my car tires numerous times.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

DELETE CASCADE posted:

i don't get my tires at costco but i do take my car there when the air pressure is low. they have a bigass compressor and the guy will just hook up the hose and do it for you and off you go. don't think you need to be a costco member even

Costco sells a small well-built compressor for $29.99 that hooks to your cigarette lighter and works beautifully. Bought one for me and one for the wife and we have them (along with one of those lithium battery starters) stored in our vehicles at all times. It’s already saved our butts a couple of times and we’ve been able to help others too.

I actually prefer using it to my pancake compressor in my garage.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I pump my tires with a bicycle pump. It's good exercise and you get fun looks from people.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Silly Burrito posted:

Costco sells a small well-built compressor for $29.99 that hooks to your cigarette lighter and works beautifully. Bought one for me and one for the wife and we have them (along with one of those lithium battery starters) stored in our vehicles at all times. It’s already saved our butts a couple of times and we’ve been able to help others too.

I actually prefer using it to my pancake compressor in my garage.

The little orange one? That is a surprisingly great pump. Comparable to the way more expensive Viair brand 12v inflators.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
well gently caress me for not realizing they make pumps for your car tires that take their power from the car itself! guess i have a costco run in my future :shobon:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

got the chicken tikka masala

it's okay. very bland relative to what its like in india

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

If you're comparing it to what you get in India well duh. But compared to what I get at Indian places in the burbs of ATL its solid. Especially for take home.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Hypnolobster posted:

The little orange one? That is a surprisingly great pump. Comparable to the way more expensive Viair brand 12v inflators.

Yes, that’s the one made by Bon-Aire, I believe. But yeah, it’s easily worth the 30 bucks.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FizFashizzle posted:

I've discovered tikka masala is insanely easy to cook. we cook paneer tikka masala instead of chicken since the gf is vegetarian, but it's even basically no carb as well so good for diets and i ate that a lot with cauliflower rice while i was on a keto diet.

costco carries paneer but it seems hit or miss, if we can't get it we'll just use tofu.

if you want the recipe, pm me. secret is also some fenugreek leaves to go with it that really brings it up to top notch restaurant quality.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Xaris posted:

I've discovered tikka masala is insanely easy to cook. we cook paneer tikka masala instead of chicken since the gf is vegetarian, but it's even basically no carb as well so good for diets and i ate that a lot with cauliflower rice while i was on a keto diet.

costco carries paneer but it seems hit or miss, if we can't get it we'll just use tofu.

if you want the recipe, pm me. secret is also some fenugreek leaves to go with it that really brings it up to top notch restaurant quality.

Paneer isn't too difficult to make if you want to learn a new thing and perhaps impress the gf.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Coredump posted:

But compared to what I get at Indian places in the burbs of ATL its solid. Especially for take home.

Uh what burb because i know the city like the back of my hand and you're doing it wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

Uh what burb because i know the city like the back of my hand and you're doing it wrong.

Are you wanting to Indian food shame me?

Edit: just go ahead and name the Indian restaurants you’d recommend and I’ll definitely check them out.

Coredump fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jan 30, 2019