Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Nep-Nep posted:

Alright, I was hoping everyone would check in first but I was going to bring this up today anyway and we've heard from enough of the group so here goes.

I'm Derrick Tainer, town jailer. Whoever I jail at night fails their actions and actions on them will fail. No additional stuff, I'm not a gossip and I cannot question the players I jail.

N1 I jailed Infinitum.
N2 I jailed ASF.
N3 was IcePhoenix (sorry about that)

This adds into why I think ASF is scum. After I jailed Infinitum Somber reported trying to target Inf and an action failing. B-minus reported a night action failing during d2 which indicates the presence of a roleblocker from my perspective. Since b-minus flipped town I am assuming he was truthful.

Today IcePhoenix, who I blocked, immediately reported it.

So D2 and D4 have something in common- people whose night actions failed as a result of my jailing reported it.

D3, nobody reported a failed action/rb etc. I checked pretty thoroughly, so I don't think I missed such a statement.

This means two things were true about D3:
ASF did not report their action failing after I jailed them
Nobody else reported a failed action, meaning whoever was roleblocked is either vanilla town, or nobody was roleblocked n2 because of ASF being jailed, or a town player simply failed to come forward with relevant information that would have been helpful to us.

I used

Nexus - You may redirect any action that targets your target onto a random player.

that night. I assumed no one targeted my target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I wasn't about to claim JOAT that early over that.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I don't buy those statements, you don't have to fullclaim to say "my action failed last night" and it's not particularly risky to do so in this game with so many gossips. The assumption you claim to have made seems off to me too usually in games I feel like "your action succeeded" doesn't necessarily mean "your action was effective" and an action outright failing is meaningfully different in my experience.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Like if you were a doctor and protected somebody and saw "action successful" you wouldn't assume someone tried to kill your target.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
:zombie: rude.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Nep-Nep posted:

Like if you were a doctor and protected somebody and saw "action successful" you wouldn't assume someone tried to kill your target.

Nep-Nep posted:

I don't buy those statements, you don't have to fullclaim to say "my action failed last night" and it's not particularly risky to do so in this game with so many gossips. The assumption you claim to have made seems off to me too usually in games I feel like "your action succeeded" doesn't necessarily mean "your action was effective" and an action outright failing is meaningfully different in my experience.

My experience isn't very long. That was how I read it.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm gonna confirm nep neps action on ip, my action failed on them last night.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ASF what's your name

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

A Sometimes Food posted:

I am Mark Guy-Fier JOAT.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Thanks, my phone skips stuff sometimes so I must not have noticed

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

A Sometimes Food posted:

I misread fisk.

I'd put my vote on IP personally. They put forward fisk but didn't vote until it seemed a cuddle was certain. Or imgay who seems very opportunistic.

yeah, ok, I missed this one too. Thanks phone.

Outside of what else was posted in response to this, you're forgetting that I also pushed the vote on Malcolm.

##vote ASF

Feel very comfortable with this vote now.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Between RF and Infinitum's vanilla claims, if one is false I'd lean towards it being RF, I don't think Infinitum makes that SK mistake as scum since he'd know they had a poisoner on his team.

Imgay's claim makes me feel better about nepnep but it could be an imgay/nep scumteam if I'm wrong about ASF.

If we use all three possibly lynches today and don't hit any scum at all we're probably in mylo (assuming only one death at night) tomorrow, so I'm gonna think on it some more for the other votes today.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Too much of ASF's play has been suspicious in regards to voting (that almost synchronized vote with Fisk yesterday was real bad) and JOAT is a whatever claim. ##Vote ASF

Do we flip Inf, too? I have a hard time believing Inf is willfully pretending he doesn't know there was a poisoner. His complete lack of participation until he became at risk of being executed is highly suspicious, though.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

IcePhoenix posted:

yeah, ok, I missed this one too. Thanks phone.

Outside of what else was posted in response to this, you're forgetting that I also pushed the vote on Malcolm.

##vote ASF

Feel very comfortable with this vote now.

My biggest issues with ASF's posting that I haven't already brought up are leaping straight to you for suspecting because I can't imagine why with town in the dark and all scum still alive you'd decide to sell out 2 members of your team, and ASF's not voting for fisk, normally this wouldn't bug me as much but with fisk having been a poisoner and trying to get everyone to let him live one more night I don't think that looks good along with everything else I know.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Mr. Humalong posted:

Do we flip Inf, too? I have a hard time believing Inf is willfully pretending he doesn't know there was a poisoner. His complete lack of participation until he became at risk of being executed is highly suspicious, though.

Main thing that bothers me about it is it doesn't feel like sincere participation he came in and hung a vote on me based purely (from how I read his post) on the same reasoning he voted for me day 2, completely ignoring actually everything that has happened in the interim. I don't feel like in general town would do that. If I were in the same spot I'd at least openly try to stall to give me time to provide final reads or something but the effort there doesn't feel sincere.

On the other hand I'm not sure about his claim, with RF backing it up it could be real and maybe I'm just leaning on someone for not playing the way I would. I'd lean yes right now, we're in a decent position and at worst we lose a VT.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
That's -1 on asf.

I'm not sure about inf honestly, he could be playing dumb or just checked out, but since we're up I'd rather go ahead and roll the dice.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't know if inf is calculated enough for this but calling me an sk to make people think he's not in the Scum team would be a smart move

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Since I've been busy that day or so I think this votes moving so fast.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
But I also just picked up kingdom hearts so I don't mind an early day to binge it.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I feel like asf is an easy scum bus right now so it doesn't matter who hammers.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

##vote ASF

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

imgay posted:

I feel like asf is an easy scum bus right now so it doesn't matter who hammers.

Infinitum posted:

##vote ASF

Lol

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

With apparently 2 scum killing rolls per night and a 3p, 4 scum sound right? 2 remaining?
If that's true and with what we have left, I'm good with getting rid of all the lights out people

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

With apparently 2 scum killing rolls per night and a 3p, 4 scum sound right? 2 remaining?
If that's true and with what we have left, I'm good with getting rid of all the lights out people

Yeah I misread the remaining players list earlier, cause it was like 5am and I'd just woken up

If y'all wanna dunk me just to progress the game, rather than constantly circling around the subject, I don't mind.

Like I'm straight up VT and it was my fault for missing a game day

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Sorry! Busy giving my life to Kingdom Hearts atm. But!

A Sometimes Food has been :redhammer:. Their flip will come at the end of the day.

Votecount for Day 4

A Sometimes Food (5): Somberbrero, Nep-Nep, IcePhoenix, Mr. Humalong, Infinitum
Nep-Nep (0): Infinitum, Infinitum
Retro Futurist (0): Infinitum, Infinitum

Not Voting (4): A Sometimes Food, Hal Incandenza, imgay, Retro Futurist

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 01st, 2019 at midnight GMT -- that's in about 1 day, 4 hours.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Retro Futurist (1): Infinitum
Nep-Nep (0): Infinitum, Infinitum

Not Voting (7): Hal Incandenza, IcePhoenix, imgay, Mr. Humalong, Nep-Nep, Retro Futurist, Somberbrero

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 01st, 2019 at midnight GMT -- that's in about 1 day, 3 hours.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Flip me if you want.

Have this as my confessional

I believe Nep Nep to be scum.
I have no grand case against them. This comes from purely being disinterested town and watching their play style during catch ups

##vote Nep Nep

Also apologies again for disappearing for a whole game day

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

What do you think about Hal, Infinitum?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I agree with inf that my playstyle is scummy but in general and not just this game

Also same about kingdom hearts jimmy

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Having a jailor makes a lot of sense given that we haven't seen another protective role and there were double kills.

##vote inf

v0v

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Actually, I dunno, should we just nl and see the flip before we do anything else? I don't really think inf is scum.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

No ##Vote inf

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

##vote hal

I don't think inf is scum :shrug:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

IcePhoenix posted:

##vote hal

I don't think inf is scum :shrug:

We could kill inf then Hal if you want v0v

Is there any kind of case on Hal because the stuff yesterday was not doing it for me

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i believe both nep nep and ip to be nuetral to town

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Somberbrero posted:

We could kill inf then Hal if you want v0v

Is there any kind of case on Hal because the stuff yesterday was not doing it for me

Why is the case on Hal any worse than what I had on Fisk and Malcolm yesterday? You were ok voting for both of them.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

IcePhoenix posted:

Why is the case on Hal any worse than what I had on Fisk and Malcolm yesterday? You were ok voting for both of them.

That murmur investigated him and he came up town and we shouldn't trust their result? Is there something more in missing? Merk's 'he hasn't been casing' case was also pretty bad. It seems like a huge stretch equivocating those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Somberbrero posted:

That murmur investigated him and he came up town and we shouldn't trust their result? Is there something more in missing? Merk's 'he hasn't been casing' case was also pretty bad. It seems like a huge stretch equivocating those.

oh so you just don't know what the case is

She said it was false that she's a cop and he's town

Since she flipped as a cop, that means for the statement to be false...