Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do u love shield hero
Yeah I hate women
I think I may
I doubt it
It's poo poo from an rear end mate
View Results

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

poopantine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Motto posted:

poopantine

For me to poop on

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

cock hero flux posted:

the fresh prince of bel-air is also an isekai
Okay, now what about Planet of the Apes?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Onmi posted:

You're annoyed at them for promoting it? Not for being the ones funding it?

I can't do anything about how they spend their money but tbh it doesn't affect me in any way other than possibly subsidizing something I actually want to watch. However opening twitter to look at cats and BL and finding SH posts instead was annoying!! I had to put words on mute to get rid of it :mad:

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Can Of Worms posted:

Okay, now what about Planet of the Apes?

Isekai.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Shinjobi posted:

Give me a series where a dingus gets sent to FFXI, where his junk gets stomped on every step of the way.

"But I know this game! I have strats!"

"I don't think it cares.:madmax:"

I'm reading it already, it's actually ok.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Is The Truman Show an Isekai?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

drilldo squirt posted:

I'm reading it already, it's actually ok.

Gonna.....need a name for that one

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

every time people discuss the limits of isekai, I die a little inside. at this point, I'm at least a quintuple ghost

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Space Flower posted:

what do you think about these kinds of depictions?

Karura is a good [redacted]

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i know she and a bunch of the other girls have designs for the later games so [excite]

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Gyges posted:

Is The Truman Show an Isekai?

yes

so is Apollo 13

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Shinjobi posted:

Give me a series where a dingus gets sent to FFXI, where his junk gets stomped on every step of the way.

"But I know this game! I have strats!"

"I don't think it cares.:madmax:"

I Got Isekai'd By Truck-Kun, But It Sent Me To The World Of I Wanna Be The Guy

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Shinjobi posted:

Gonna.....need a name for that one

Final Fantasy, lost stranger.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/TheHALOMemes/status/1080101336962588672

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Elephant Parade posted:

every time people discuss the limits of isekai, I die a little inside. at this point, I'm at least a quintuple ghost

why are you reading a thread that brings you such pain

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

It's amusingly painful to see how far we can stretch the definition of isekai but the Japanese definition works.

Edit: Is Jesus an isekai protagonist?

Argas fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jan 31, 2019

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

shawshank redemption is an isekai

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

drilldo squirt posted:

Final Fantasy, lost stranger.

:doh:

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

Argas posted:

It's amusingly painful to see how far we can stretch the definition of isekai but the Japanese definition works.

Edit: Is Jesus an isekai protagonist?

Basically. A lot of the apocryphal biblical stories about when Jesus was a child wouldn't be out of place in some isekai.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Even if you don't watch anything else. At least watch the latest episode. It's a glorious trainwreck showing everything wrong with this series.

1. Shield Hero is at the celebration party but acts like a little kid and does nothing to help fix his image.
2. Shield Hero gets dragged into a 1 on 1 match vs Spear Hero. Who is egged on by the princess who for some reason isn't done loving with Shield Hero and now wants to take his slave partner away.
3. Slave Girl gets captured and hold against her will, she was showing agency of her own, so clearly she is under some kind of control spell.
4. Princess interferes with the match and starts laughing, yet nobody bats an eye.
5. Spear Hero points out that forcing slaves to fight is wrong. This is portrayed as a bad thing.
6. Slave Girl points out that he only used the painful force ability whenever she was too afraid to fight. RED FLAG! RED FLAG!
7. Slave Girl gets her slave seal removed and lashes out at Spear guy, telling him that if he's truly a good guy like Shield Hero, he would have also had a slave by his side. Wait what?
8. Princess starts acting like a huge racist rear end in a top hat, but no-one seems to care, not even these Isekai heroes who previously stated that they should be better than the people of the world they got send to.
9. Slave Girl tries to talk Shield Hero, is genuinely nice to him. But he lashes out anyways. Bitching about no matter how hard he tried, nobody likes him. So she gives him a motherly embrace by putting his head in her tits.
10. This causes Shield Hero to no longer see her as a young kid, but as a more grown up person (who still has the mind of a child, I'm not letting that one go)
11. The other 2 Isekai heroes show up and point out the obvious cheating that happened during the match. The king and princess who thus far have been able to force everyone in going along with their plans, don't bother doing so now and instead just walk away.
12. People still hate Shield Hero
13. But he now likes the taste of food.

Oh and all the while, this beautiful soothing music plays, telling the braindead fans of this show to feel emotional about the things that are happening.

And next episode he gets a chicken loli! And after restoring Slave girls slave seal, he also forces one on the chicken loli!

Like I said before, Shield Hero is a boring sludge of a series, but every now and then it spikes heavily into the what the hell were they thinking territory.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Mulderman posted:

Even if you don't watch anything else. At least watch the latest episode. It's a glorious trainwreck showing everything wrong with this series.

1. Shield Hero is at the celebration party but acts like a little kid and does nothing to help fix his image.
2. Shield Hero gets dragged into a 1 on 1 match vs Spear Hero. Who is egged on by the princess who for some reason isn't done loving with Shield Hero and now wants to take his slave partner away.
3. Slave Girl gets captured and hold against her will, she was showing agency of her own, so clearly she is under some kind of control spell.
4. Princess interferes with the match and starts laughing, yet nobody bats an eye.
5. Spear Hero points out that forcing slaves to fight is wrong. This is portrayed as a bad thing.
6. Slave Girl points out that he only used the painful force ability whenever she was too afraid to fight. RED FLAG! RED FLAG!
7. Slave Girl gets her slave seal removed and lashes out at Spear guy, telling him that if he's truly a good guy like Shield Hero, he would have also had a slave by his side. Wait what?
8. Princess starts acting like a huge racist rear end in a top hat, but no-one seems to care, not even these Isekai heroes who previously stated that they should be better than the people of the world they got send to.
9. Slave Girl tries to talk Shield Hero, is genuinely nice to him. But he lashes out anyways. Bitching about no matter how hard he tried, nobody likes him. So she gives him a motherly embrace by putting his head in her tits.
10. This causes Shield Hero to no longer see her as a young kid, but as a more grown up person (who still has the mind of a child, I'm not letting that one go)
11. The other 2 Isekai heroes show up and point out the obvious cheating that happened during the match. The king and princess who thus far have been able to force everyone in going along with their plans, don't bother doing so now and instead just walk away.

Oh and all the while, this beautiful soothing music plays, telling the braindead fans of this show to feel emotional about the things that are happening.

And next episode he gets a chicken loli! And after restoring Slave girls slave seal, he also forces one on the chicken loli!

Like I said before, Shield Hero is a boring sludge of a series, but every now and then it spikes heavily into the what the hell were they thinking territory.

I felt...Dizzy when I finished reading all of that. Like I saw some images of it on Twitter criticizing the exact stuff you just said, but actually reading the whole thing made me feel a dizzying sensation. Like, what the gently caress did I just read? How is this an ongoing anime that's disturbingly popular?

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Jan 31, 2019

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Mulderman posted:

And next episode he gets a chicken loli! And after restoring Slave girls slave seal, he also forced one on the chicken loli!

I don't know what's wrong with 3.

7. was meant as why he doesn't free slaves if he actually cares for them. It seems Spear Hero only cared because Malty told him/Raccoon girl is cute. Still came across as weirdly worded.

making GBS threads on Shield Hero has been the whole series so far.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Lurking Haro posted:

I don't know what's wrong with 3.

7. was meant as why he doesn't free slaves if he actually cares for them. It seems Spear Hero only cared because Malty told him/Raccoon girl is cute. Still came across as weirdly worded.

making GBS threads on Shield Hero has been the whole series so far.

Yeah the people on my other thread said the same thing, but it still falls rather flat since honestly, neither is Naofumi.

Edit: I'm confused about 3.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I'm glad I'm not watching that, sounds really bad.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Mulderman posted:

Actually, it's more ridiculous than this. Not only does the Spear Hero call him out on slavery, the king of the country (which has legalized slavery to begin with) agrees with him. :psyduck:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Number 3 is that they conclude that she is not being controlled by the slave collar, but therefore standing up for a rapist like the Shield Hero, she must be under some form of stronger mind control.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Hold the phone goons. It turns out the entire thing was a plot to kill raccoon girl since Beastkin are considered "monsters" in that city/kingdom/wherever so unless she's someone's slave it would be legal to kill her. So Naofumi was totally in the right in keeping her a slave and the same goes for all his future slaves. :)

Mordaedil posted:

Number 3 is that they conclude that she is not being controlled by the slave collar, but therefore standing up for a rapist like the Shield Hero, she must be under some form of stronger mind control.

Ok this made me loving laugh. There are times when this can be hilarious when used in a comedy series, but this is NOT one of those times.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I am going entirely off of memory of a manga I read over a year ago, I am not watching this show because I have better things to read or watch.

Speaking of comedy, I recommend reading Sleeping Princess in Demon Lords castle for hijinks of a kidnapped princess being a bigger bother and threat to the demon lord than the Hero of the story, in her quest for perfect bedding and good naps.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Mordaedil posted:

Oh, after they removed the slave seal.
I was too distracted by SH moping.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Drop everything, guys, the good shield hero manga got updated.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Do they ever explain why the king and princess have this insane grudge against the shield hero as soon as he shows up in the world?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Something about Shield Heroes always taking the side of the inhuman races and attempting to abolish slavery which fuels the cogs of the monarchy. I think?

At least nobody seems to like Shields much.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

If that's so, why would they then be trying to free this slave girl, or be encouraging the other heroes to discourage slavery? The motivations don't make any sense.

Also why would they continue to be trying to destroy the only hero who is happily exploiting and enslaving demihumans.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Lurking Haro posted:

Oh, after they removed the slave seal.
I was too distracted by SH moping.

Did they also cover Raph asking to be re-branded for sentimental reasons? Because that decision always baffled me.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Mulderman posted:

Yeah ok. At this point the writers should just be exiled from the industry either because they're mind bogglingly incompetent or because they somehow actually believe that poo poo. I had a similar sense about the show after episode 2 but this really seals the deal.

What would be funny is if the next time a show like this came along, a someone bought exclusive rights to the show then refused to show it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
before I muted it I looked at the replies to one of crunchyroll's SH tweets and it was about this episode, and all of them were gushing about how good it was and some of them said they cried :kiddo:

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

Did they also cover Raph asking to be re-branded for sentimental reasons? Because that decision always baffled me.

This didn't happen yet.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

Do they ever explain why the king and princess have this insane grudge against the shield hero as soon as he shows up in the world?

IIRC, the princess is a fragment of an evil goddess who's the story's main villain, and she's playing her dad, which is why he eventually gets redeemed and she... uhh... doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I hope the author gets over his ex-girlfriend.