Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

This isn't on Costco.com anymore, but is usually in the store for $20-30. It's legit for everything you get for the price. Plenty of room in the case to add more tools or whatever. The compressor looks cheap, but might be good enough to save your rear end.

https://www.amazon.com/Bridgestone-Auto-Safety-Emergency-Roadside/dp/B07HPC4VS9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

FizFashizzle posted:

Uh what burb because i know the city like the back of my hand and you're doing it wrong.

Yeah honestly I haven't lived in Atlanta for 6 years and I was like "holy poo poo, do you live in Dahlonega and are just saying 'Atlanta' for ease of description, or...?" There's a zillion solid Indian joints in Atlanta but idk start at Your Dekalb World Market and just start going to places around there. Bismillah Cafe, Chai Pani, Purnima, Aamar, Amara.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

13Pandora13 posted:

Yeah honestly I haven't lived in Atlanta for 6 years and I was like "holy poo poo, do you live in Dahlonega and are just saying 'Atlanta' for ease of description, or...?" There's a zillion solid Indian joints in Atlanta but idk start at Your Dekalb World Market and just start going to places around there. Bismillah Cafe, Chai Pani, Purnima, Aamar, Amara.

How about in the Northern burbs? Know any good places out Marietta way?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

13Pandora13 posted:

If we're talking about Suhki's Chicken Tikka Masala then I would rate it as pretty good to places like Himilayas, Naan n Curry, etc for their chicken Tikka Masala's. But I also said especially for take home.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Xaris posted:

I've discovered tikka masala is insanely easy to cook. we cook paneer tikka masala instead of chicken since the gf is vegetarian, but it's even basically no carb as well so good for diets and i ate that a lot with cauliflower rice while i was on a keto diet.

costco carries paneer but it seems hit or miss, if we can't get it we'll just use tofu.

if you want the recipe, pm me. secret is also some fenugreek leaves to go with it that really brings it up to top notch restaurant quality.

Just post it here! I don’t have PM.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

The Dregs posted:

How about in the Northern burbs? Know any good places out Marietta way?

One of my BFFs lives in Mableton and loves Indian, I'll ask her. Standby.

(edit)

She said Swapna, Moon, and Vatica. Her husband said Vatica is most popular among actual Indians.

13Pandora13 fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jan 31, 2019

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

13Pandora13 posted:

One of my BFFs lives in Mableton and loves Indian, I'll ask her. Standby.

(edit)

She said Swapna, Moon, and Vatica. Her husband said Vatica is most popular among actual Indians.

THANKS!

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Costco.com needs to get their poo poo together. This is the second time a delivery has been busted up due to poor packaging. This one takes the cake though. The shipping box isn't even fully enclosed (it's open on the side facing down as well). And no, this did not come inside of another box, you can see the shipping label on the side. I'm surprised UPS shipped something like this. We now have coffee grains leading from the front porch to the kitchen as some of the K-cups got busted up.

Edit: According to Costco support, this is shipped directly from Keurig, just with a Costco shipping label on it. Googling the address confirms it is a Keurig distribution center.

PBUC!

GI_Clutch fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jan 31, 2019

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

There's a couple good areas for good indian food in atlanta.

out near emory/downtown decatur theres like an entire indian market place. you can buy full saris and poo poo and every restaurant will happily gouge you serve you authentic as poo poo indian food.

in alpharetta there's a place called deccan which is based off the city i lived in. it's again in an entire indian shopping complex that has elderly day care centers so there's tons of elderly indian people with alzheimer's walking around stealing your naan. it has its charm.

under no circumstance go to cafe bombay

uh, up in marietta? i dunno yuppie move out of the burbs maybe?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Costco online in Canada has gotten so much better for ship times it seems. Myself and several other people had orders take a month longer than the estimates in the past, but now when it says 4-10 days it is usually more towards the 4 days than 10, which is nice.

So often you don’t even need to brave the sample getting braindead hordes but enjoy the free shipping in a few days, nice!

I just ordered a 55gal water storage for emergency water on Saturday and it got here today! Would have been a pain to fit in the car :haw:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

LionArcher posted:

Just post it here! I don’t have PM.
So I basically do this recipe almost verbatim with my own modifications: https://simplysohealthy.com/chicken-tikka-masala/

My own personal notes and modifications:

1) Add 1 tablespoon dried fenugreek leaves when adding all the spices. it's optional of course. but I really like fenugreek and really gives it that restaurant-level taste. I think it brings it up a nice notch for a very simple addition and fenugreek is easy+cheap to buy.
2) I've always just skipped the chicken step and do paneer/tofu instead. But what I do is i fry up the paneer with a bit of oil in a separate pan to get a bit of a crispy side to it, set it aside, and then add it in a few minutes after i've added the cream and it's cooking down. can't really mess it up so it's whatever you want to do.
3) I find 1 cup heavy cream to be a little too little because I like my tikka more on the thinner side, more like a sauce that i can just coat a bunch of rice in easily. However, it's a sliding scale that's super forgiving, so you can't gently caress up and it's super easy to adjust at the end. I usually end up doing about 1.5 cups cream but you can just add more while it's reducing a bit if it's too thick.

I use Trader Joes Minced Garlic in the little glass jar and the Trader Joes Minced Ginger paste in a tube because I'm lazy and love optimizing least amount of work possible. Fresh garlic/ginger is prolly a little better but I can't really notice a big difference.

Side note: if you ever make basmati rice at home, I've found adding like a teaspoon of cumin seeds to at the start is really amazing and adds a nice aromatic to rice.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

priznat posted:

Costco online in Canada has gotten so much better for ship times it seems. Myself and several other people had orders take a month longer than the estimates in the past, but now when it says 4-10 days it is usually more towards the 4 days than 10, which is nice.

So often you don’t even need to brave the sample getting braindead hordes but enjoy the free shipping in a few days, nice!

I just ordered a 55gal water storage for emergency water on Saturday and it got here today! Would have been a pain to fit in the car :haw:
I've never ordered anything from Costco online :(

I should prolly see if there's anything thats competitive with amazon on it, or maybe if it's possible to get some stuff that's not worth handling the california crowds for if shipping is free?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Xaris posted:

I've never ordered anything from Costco online :(

I should prolly see if there's anything thats competitive with amazon on it.

There isn’t 100% overlap with what is in store so it can be exciting like a costco trip in that you never know what you might find there.

Also things like itunes/xbox/playstation gift cards often have good discounts and they email you the code right away.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Xaris posted:

Side note: if you ever make basmati rice at home, I've found adding like a teaspoon of cumin seeds to at the start is really amazing and adds a nice aromatic to rice.

I do a big pinch of fennel, a small pinch of cinnamon, and a teeeeeny pinch of clove browned in 1 tbsp butter before throwing in the rice and water.

Fennel is pretty polarizing though so YMMV

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

13Pandora13 posted:

I do a big pinch of fennel, a small pinch of cinnamon, and a teeeeeny pinch of clove browned in 1 tbsp butter before throwing in the rice and water.

Fennel is pretty polarizing though so YMMV
Ooh yeah i havent considered that, I do love fennel. are you talking like whole clove browned or ground cloves?

i actually add a teaspoon of fennel seeds when making homemade pizza sauce, i'ts a nice touch.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Xaris posted:

Ooh yeah i havent considered that, I do love fennel. are you talking like whole clove browned or ground cloves?

i actually add a teaspoon of fennel seeds when making homemade pizza sauce, i'ts a nice touch.

Ground clove, but you could probably put in a whole one during the simmer and then pull it out cooking the rice.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

FizFashizzle posted:

There's a couple good areas for good indian food in atlanta.

uh, up in marietta? i dunno yuppie move out of the burbs maybe?

I aint no loving yuppie. But the yuppies around me sure hosed up my poor tree.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

GI_Clutch posted:

Edit: According to Costco support, this is shipped directly from Keurig, just with a Costco shipping label on it. Googling the address confirms it is a Keurig distribution center.

PBUC!

Ooh what did you order? (I work directly with Keurig on a lot of my projects)

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

Ooh what did you order? (I work directly with Keurig on a lot of my projects)

It was a 96 count of the Green Mountain Colombian Blend. They don't stock it at our local store, and based on the product page, I think it's online only. The last time she ordered it, it came in a much larger box. I found the packing slip just wedged between the k-cup boxes. Lucky it didn't fall out on the way, I guess.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

GI_Clutch posted:

It was a 96 count of the Green Mountain Colombian Blend. They don't stock it at our local store, and based on the product page, I think it's online only. The last time she ordered it, it came in a much larger box. I found the packing slip just wedged between the k-cup boxes. Lucky it didn't fall out on the way, I guess.

Aww, not one of my products! And it definitely looks like packaging straight from Keurig, but I bet it's the shipping company that roughed it up - I receive cases like that from Keurig all the time and they're in fine shape. Definitely let them (Keurig) know, though.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I'm adding all those indian recommendations to a list.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The Dregs posted:

I aint no loving yuppie. But the yuppies around me sure hosed up my poor tree.

Tree law is serious business

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Got the French onion soup pucks they are good on this cold day

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

priznat posted:

Just a big blue drum?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Moey posted:

Just a big blue drum?

Comes with a pump and filter etc too, but mostly just a large drum ya.

naem
May 29, 2011

priznat posted:

those come in both a 4 and an 8 pack fyi

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

priznat posted:

haha thats awesome how much was it?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

haha thats awesome how much was it?

200CAD, it’s part of the earthquake emergency kit I am putting together:

https://www.costco.ca/In-Case-Of---....100237524.html

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

priznat posted:

200CAD, it’s part of the earthquake emergency kit I am putting together:

https://www.costco.ca/In-Case-Of---....100237524.html

Wow that’s super cool. If I had a house I’d definitely get that.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

Wow that’s super cool. If I had a house I’d definitely get that.

They have good smaller ones too, and food with long shelf life etc. Prices are better than most places plus free ship (and costco warranty)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Anyone have one of those Cosco hand trucks/dollies and can vouch for how well they work? They're on sale for 80 bucks and it seems like it's pretty nice.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Anyone have one of those Cosco hand trucks/dollies and can vouch for how well they work? They're on sale for 80 bucks and it seems like it's pretty nice.

I got one (Harper brand I think?) ages ago and I have an issue with the tires, they are tubeless inflatable and they came loose from the rims and are now perpetually flat. I think I need to replace with solid wheels or something. Anyway if they are the inflatable type that is a major annoyance for me.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

moolchaba posted:

I'm a little late, but I Costco pizza 9.65/10 for me.

What if I were to wrap my dog with it?

I have performed the deed that was required of me.

Let it be known that with a contrite heart I have achieved the impossible.

WHAT MORE CAN I DO, BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!!???

PBUC

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

moolchaba posted:

PBUC

now put all that in a whole chicken

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
:popeye:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

YES

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

moolchaba posted:

PBUC

Fantastic.

PBUC

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Please tell me there were onlookers, whose eyes and jaws gradually widen and drop at each stage of assembly

naem
May 29, 2011

and he did bless, and break, and did take up 7 baskets of the fragments thereof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Please tell me there were onlookers, whose eyes and jaws gradually widen and drop at each stage of assembly

There was a table of teenage girls with their mother who watched me and then started taking pics of their own food.

I also tried the acai fruit parfait, and I would recommend just skipping that for the yogurt or sundae instead. They put banana chips on it, bleh.

Also: I signed up today for a gold membership for a $20 costco cash promo. It's on clarkdeals website that I found randomly google searching for any signup deals. I'm not a member, I just used their link.

pbuc pbuc