Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

It's February, y'all. We're sitting on 6" of fresh powder and I just got done cutting some sweet donuts in various cul de sacs (culs de sac?) with my daughter and driving is good.

Here's the thread to post your good stuff. And bad stuff. And whatever.

Post pictures of donuts, donut aftermath, and burnouts here, please.

Edit:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Feb 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

https://i.imgur.com/Ryx9eTD.mp4

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

YESSSSSS MORRRRREEE

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Renting a car and driving up to Vermont next week! Gonna spin so many tires.

I'm on the phone with a Greek dude on a ship in Turkey trying to explain "no no, plug _this_ wire into _here_". It's an exercise in patience.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Send some of that snow my way, please. 54* yesterday. Windows and sunroof open, stereo cranked in short sleeves felt good. With a winter storm warning in effect even.

(We're supposed to get snow tomorrow but I don't trust the weather reports at all)

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Safety Dance posted:

Renting a car and driving up to Vermont next week! Gonna spin so many tires.

I'm on the phone with a Greek dude on a ship in Turkey trying to explain "no no, plug _this_ wire into _here_". It's an exercise in patience.

Where in VT? pending location and availability, I might could buy a drink (coffee, beer, soda, whatever) if there is time/interest? There should be some snow around still, but it might be more ice/melting... supposed to be warmer next week.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
February goal is to habituate budgeting so I can save for some upcoming purchases. YNAB is awesome and I'm also listening to some podcasts. Any advice?

Also SOMEONE BUY MY AMG THANKS!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Adiabatic posted:

February goal is to habituate budgeting so I can save for some upcoming purchases. YNAB is awesome and I'm also listening to some podcasts. Any advice?

I've never been on a straight budget (probably should, but :effort: ), but I've been using Personal Capital for a couple years and Mint for a few months. PC is good, but man, it's screwed up reporting of at least 6 of my accounts at some point over the past two years, and is generally flaky. Mint seems much more solid. I wish I could import my couple years of PC data into Mint, but can't. :(

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Adiabatic posted:

I don't think others around here think too highly but Dave Ramsey will do a couple things when you listen:
Whip your butt into shape (financially)
Make you realize that there are people in far worse circumstances
Give you hope and a plan.

I used to listen to him a TON and learned good habits to follow. Regularly listening kept me motivated. This July will mark seven years since I have been (consumer) debt free. The only thing I owe this world is my house payment, which is modest at my current income level. My wife and I didn't have any credit card debt (and actually never have), she had some student loan debt; pretty modest after getting her undergrad. I think it was about $8K? We both had car debt, but pretty reasonable. We made a few dumb choices early in our marriage (one dumb car choice, one buying a condo dumb choice). We have gotten better at not making dumb choices, and if we do we just pay in cash :v:

There are so many pixels in this gif it is hypnotizing.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I like some of Ramseys's concepts but he comes across as a judgemental arrogant rear end too often.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Tomorrow I'm going to crack open about $12,000 worth of Single Malt and see what people think of it!

It's a job, and someone has to do it.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Goober Peas posted:

I like some of Ramseys's concepts but he comes across as a judgemental arrogant rear end too often.

He's good for when you start out with your feet on the ground. He doesn't do so well in recognizing that there are people hustling to keep their head above water. Then again, if you are in that situation, there's not a lot of financial advice that will help you, other than... keep up the hustle.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Goober Peas posted:

BFC people describe it as financial methadone, which is pretty accurate. It's not perfect, but it'll give you a chance to get clean.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Lol snow what's that

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Where in VT? pending location and availability, I might could buy a drink (coffee, beer, soda, whatever) if there is time/interest? There should be some snow around still, but it might be more ice/melting... supposed to be warmer next week.

We're staying at a B&B in Manchester Weds - Sat, but will probably take a day trip up to Burlington one of those days. Let me know if either of those work for you, and I'll let you know my schedule once it solidifies some.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Lol snow what's that

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

meatpimp posted:

Post pictures of donuts, donut aftermath, and burnouts here, please.

Yes, sir!

https://i.imgur.com/RmRocyS.mp4

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
woo! first page!

It's snowing here and it never ceases to amaze me that everyone completely forgets how to drive every time those magical memory erasing flakes begin to fall from the sky.

Adiabatic posted:

is it still stuck in the now frozen swamp that is your yard?
You should put a CL ad up that includes the words ~investment, will need a tow truck, and ran when parked~

E: I'm currently budgeting myself as well.

Hamm's goes a long way as a substitute to real beer.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Feb 1, 2019

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:neckbeard:

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

woo! first page!

You should put a CL ad up that includes the words ~investment, will need a tow truck, and ran when parked~

E: I'm currently budgeting myself as well.

Hamm's goes a long way as a substitute to real beer.

I was also hoping the last photo would be it down to the frame in mud.

Guess he actually wants to sell it, boooo

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Safety Dance posted:

We're staying at a B&B in Manchester Weds - Sat, but will probably take a day trip up to Burlington one of those days. Let me know if either of those work for you, and I'll let you know my schedule once it solidifies some.

Timing is a little rough just because of kids/school - but I could probably make something work. Let me know if you make it up to Burlington - I'm on the south end of town towards the Shelburne town line. I could show off my wicked sick Honda Odyssey!

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
‘Tis me birfday, at a very nice bar/restaurant with a suitably tipsy wife, just had an awesome espresso martini and tried oysters for the first time of my life. Me mum is babysitting the wee one all through tomorrow morning which is probably the best part. Cheers!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

No thank god. I met the surliest most rear end in a top hat tow truck driver in Virginia who, in order, said:

"AAA aint supposed to tow from backyards I can't do it" They will
"I aint gonna fit through that gate!" It did, by a foot
"My tow line aint gonna reach!" It did, without my cable
"Can't hook it to your tow cable!"
"I better be getting a huge tip!"

I told him he sure looked like he needed it.

e: He also hated dogs and almost smacked Badger and Pilsner from anger.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Lol snow what's that

It's decided to warm up to the 50s-60s (from 30s-50s) here in Dallas, but in exchange, it started raining, too. Just in time for the weekend.

This is one of the few reasons for which I will accept occasional snow.

Going to go see The Princess Bride with my wife at the local Alamo Drafthouse tonight. Good Friday.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Flying to Ft. Myers monday for a week because high school buddy opening a branch of his company and it's cold here so why not.

And the USB jump box I bought off Amazon continues to show itself as a great purchase. Can not recommend one enough.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ugh. Went to look at a Tacoma this morning after work. Very specifically asked if it had been smoked in before I made the hour drive. Was told emphatically no, non smoker vehicle.

"Oh well I never smoked in it but my mom did."

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

You got footage from when the methheads stole your truck? :monocle:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Rhyno posted:

Ugh. Went to look at a Tacoma this morning after work. Very specifically asked if it had been smoked in before I made the hour drive. Was told emphatically no, non smoker vehicle.

Ozone machine will clear that up. My Avalon was smoked in like it was a freaking fireplace and after a few hour-long blasts of ozone, you cannot tell. And I'm sensitive to smoke.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

slidebite posted:

You got footage from when the methheads stole your truck? :monocle:

No, but that was pre-methhead footage because i still haven't put the truck back together.

I've just been driving it with half an interior and no grille. it goes, stops, steers. gently caress everything else.

it seems i am pretty lucky though, in the ~month they had it, that it didn't drive through any buildings.

https://rdnewsnow.com/article/613481/vehicle-plows-bos-bar-grill

Seems to be the go-to crime these days. Steal f250, drive through building, steal ATM.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Feb 1, 2019

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Rhyno posted:

I hope you called the guy a shitbag when you left.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Binky is up for normal people https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUeytYlxW7c

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Adiabatic posted:

No thank god. I met the surliest most rear end in a top hat tow truck driver in Virginia who, in order, said:

"AAA aint supposed to tow from backyards I can't do it" They will
"I aint gonna fit through that gate!" It did, by a foot
"My tow line aint gonna reach!" It did, without my cable
"Can't hook it to your tow cable!"
"I better be getting a huge tip!"

I told him he sure looked like he needed it.

e: He also hated dogs and almost smacked Badger and Pilsner from anger.

what the gently caress? That guy sounds like a huge tip. as in 'giant dickhead'

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Yall want a marine corps thread for a spell?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Adiabatic posted:

Yall want a marine corps thread for a spell?

They don't allow trans in the military. Sounds like a perfect fit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

Ozone machine will clear that up. My Avalon was smoked in like it was a freaking fireplace and after a few hour-long blasts of ozone, you cannot tell. And I'm sensitive to smoke.

Yeah but the burns in the seat and carpet were a bit too much otherwise I'd have low balled.

Finding a small truck that isnt poo poo is hard as hell.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Don't forget to keep your eyes open for an old Ranger or Mazda. They are solid little trucks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have been. Everything that has come up is either a rust bucket or massively overpriced.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

slidebite posted:

Don't forget to keep your eyes open for an old Ranger or Mazda. They are solid little trucks.

Or he could move to Canada, import a Chevy Montana from Mexico.

e: that got me looking at mexican poo poo legal to import. among all the various peugeots and renaults, i've found a complete horror show.

The Dodge Attitude. a rebadged Mitsubishi Mirage. The first and second gen Attitude were rebadged Hyundai Accents. What did Mexico do to deserve this?

e:

It's like Sophie's Choice meets Russian roulette.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 1, 2019

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Powershift posted:

Or he could move to Canada, import a Chevy Montana from Mexico.

e: that got me looking at mexican poo poo legal to import. among all the various peugeots and renaults, i've found a complete horror show.

The Dodge Attitude. a rebadged Mitsubishi Mirage. The first and second gen Attitude were rebadged Hyundai Accents. What did Mexico do to deserve this?

e:

It's like Sophie's Choice meets Russian roulette.

2nd gen ramchargers!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

NumbersMatching320 posted:

2nd gen ramchargers!!!

And they're like 3 grand!

I wonder how much guff the US would give you if you tried to drive one back.

e: https://auto.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-659344315-ford-pick-up-panel-f-250-con-gas-mod-1991-_JM

UNFF

Powershift fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 1, 2019