Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

"Safe" is a nebulous concept that means whatever a person wants something to mean at that point in time. It's like if someone can't accurately describe why they aren't feeling a game a ton of other people are into (which is fine, it's fine to feel that way) and their main criticism is "The title just feels soulless" which is an even more malleable concept.

Or it could be that games journalism, investing, and commentary are all endless vortexes of word salad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

I'm a little surprised that there isn't a FP title coming until the end of March. I wonder what the strategy is there. I mean, I have Vesperia and Travis Strikes Again to tide me over, but what the dingle is going on?

the strategy is 'the holidays just happened'

it's only been the past few years where companies have been more willing to put big games in jan-feb

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Detective No. 27 posted:

I tried to like it just felt mediocre. Put your money towards other things.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

It's not as hard as reviews I've seen complain about it, though it is true there's a decent but of death, it usually came from me being impatient.

Thanks. The nostalgia siren-song is strong with it, but what you says lines up with the reviews I keep seeing, so I'll take it off my plate.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
What's the word on Wargroove? Goon approved? Might pick it up when I get home if it's good.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

"Safe" is a nebulous concept that means whatever a person wants something to mean at that point in time. It's like if someone can't accurately describe why they aren't feeling a game a ton of other people are into (which is fine, it's fine to feel that way) and their main criticism is "The title just feels soulless" which is an even more malleable concept.
It helps if you don't read awful places like resetera which is full of teenagers or idiots who don't know their mouth from their rear end in a top hat. Or

Not a Children posted:

Or it could be that games journalism, investing, and commentary are all endless vortexes of word salad
This works too.

VVV Nah

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Feb 1, 2019

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Taking Zelda and making it a vast open world exploration game is the same as taking COD and removing the single player and throwing a battle royale mode in it. On the surface they might seem like risky moves but in reality it's just taking solidly established franchise and following the industry trend.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

American McGay posted:

Taking Zelda and making it a vast open world exploration game is the same as taking COD and removing the single player and throwing a battle royale mode in it. On the surface they might seem like risky moves but in reality it's just taking solidly established franchise and following the industry trend.

nah

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

American McGay posted:

Breaking from what has been traditionally successful to chase trends is considered a risky move across all industries.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

I'm a little surprised that there isn't a FP title coming until the end of March. I wonder what the strategy is there. I mean, I have Vesperia and Travis Strikes Again to tide me over, but what the dingle is going on?

Yeah, I'm happy smaller stuff like Wargroove is coming out to fill in little gaps, but it's a really sparse winter. I wonder when they are going to make some announcements to get people excited (even if not for winter/spring games)? E3 is really far away.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/1091413599807975424

Well OK then. It's actually coming west.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

American McGay posted:

3D Zelda has always been trying to convince people that the next game will be a vast open world exploration game
All Breath of the Wild did is step up to the plate and actually deliver

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I want to play tony hawk pro skater 2, Zelda wind waker, and the rogue squadron games on my switch

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LionArcher posted:

I want to play tony hawk pro skater 2, Zelda wind waker, and the rogue squadron games on my switch

Well one of those can happen

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

LionArcher posted:

:hai:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MMF Freeway posted:

Breaking from what has been traditionally successful to chase trends is considered a risky move across all industries.

It it’s also a really common move so I don’t think a common move can be a risky move

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Yeah, I'm happy smaller stuff like Wargroove is coming out to fill in little gaps, but it's a really sparse winter. I wonder when they are going to make some announcements to get people excited (even if not for winter/spring games)? E3 is really far away.

It may not be everyone's preference but Smash did just release. I think Yoshi is soon.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

LionArcher posted:

THPS2 with updated graphics and like double the soundtrack would be a day one buy

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
THPS2 can never be remade cause they'll have to update the engine which completely destroys the feel of the game. They've tried it twice and both times the end result was terrible. Your best option is to find a Dreamcast emulator.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

What is this and why am I seeing stuff in the screenshots that looks suspiciously like dicks and cum

Why is the currency called "Rub P"

What the gently caress is Bumping Scratch

AUGH

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

enojy posted:

What is this and why am I seeing stuff in the screenshots that looks suspiciously like dicks and cum

Sounds like Persona

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lol @ the mushrooms

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

enojy posted:

Why is the currency called "Rub P"

What the gently caress is Bumping Scratch

AUGH

I'll tell you what is.

It's Gamers winning the fight against censorship.

And furthermore *vomits*

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Augus posted:

3D Zelda has always been trying to convince people that the next game will be a vast open world exploration game
All Breath of the Wild did is step up to the plate and actually deliver

BLADES
WILL
BLEED

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

what exactly do you think a dick looks like

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im more concerned about the Egg System.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

what exactly do you think a dick looks like

Alternatively, imagine I did the thing where I linked to a seemingly random users profile but when you click the link it takes you to your own profile.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Pet pact sounds fun

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
*staring seriously at a dog* I swear on my life, I will pet you

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

Pet pact sounds fun

The last time I did that I exchanged my ability to talk with my pet to seal the deal and trust me, there are some propositions in life youll really regret not being able to say no to

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

somebody said something about a new pokemon TCG game and i agree that they should make a new TCG RPG

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

somebody said something about a new pokemon TCG game and i agree that they should make a new TCG RPG

Agreed, but not this Baiten Kaitos influenced stuff, actual card game

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Super No Vacancy posted:

I've been dabbling with that old NGPC one with Capcom vs SNK and all I can say is yes, please start making TCG RPGs again and not actual card games that suck.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Super No Vacancy posted:

That is a nightmare given flesh.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Wasn't the team that made Samus Returns rumored to be working on a brand new 2D Metroid for the Switch?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Wasn't the team that made Samus Returns rumored to be working on a brand new 2D Metroid for the Switch?

I hope not.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Barudak posted:

I hope not.

The remake wasn't perfect but it was a good game. Rather have them learn lessons and give it an original go than bring in some other random team.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Top right of third image is straight up a dick with legs in a bonnet. That's a yikes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LethalGeek posted:

The remake wasn't perfect but it was a good game. Rather have them learn lessons and give it an original go than bring in some other random team.

We have pretty different feelings on every new thing they put into that game outside of "a map".

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I hope so. I really liked Samus Returns.

Them doing the Metroid Fusion remake they wanted would be great too. That was the first Metroid game I ever played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Fusion doesn't need a remake, it needs a sequel.