Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

As far as I'm concerned, this is the best song from a RiffTrax VOD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBgAXyqRrCw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
Nah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R43dYg_Kuc0

The Samurai Cop Rockin' Action Theme is also fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMzoRxx38qg

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I found the soundtrack to Rock n Roll nightmare aka Edge of Hell on spotify and am very happy to be able to accept the challenge at any time

Barudak
May 7, 2007

There are some surprising bangers in the rifftrax collection although part of it is those movies usually use the song like 6+ times so eventually stockholm syndrome kicks in.

I liked the Krull song they wrote as well.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

PrinceRandom posted:

I found the soundtrack to Rock n Roll nightmare aka Edge of Hell on spotify and am very happy to be able to accept the challenge at any time

Energy DOES take me where I want to be.

Deep, man.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

this loving song. i can't get it out of my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BORs1TCnHoo

love the guys' reactions to the lyrics

I feel like this song needed to appear in Nier: Automata.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
wait when did Rifftrax do Miami Connection? i've only ever seen that unriffed, and it's... weird because it's like, a genuinely well-made movie that's also dumb as loving rocks and yet utterly sincere

i'm actually not even sure i want to see a riffed version because i feel like direct mockery of it would just feel incredibly mean

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I'm convinced that Tupperware is some kind of cult.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

wait when did Rifftrax do Miami Connection? i've only ever seen that unriffed, and it's... weird because it's like, a genuinely well-made movie that's also dumb as loving rocks and yet utterly sincere

i'm actually not even sure i want to see a riffed version because i feel like direct mockery of it would just feel incredibly mean

It was one of the live shows in 2015.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Miami Connection was one of my favorite live riffs too. I don't remember the jokes being mean, that movie is just too fun.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Breadallelogram posted:

Miami Connection was one of my favorite live riffs too. I don't remember the jokes being mean, that movie is just too fun.

I'm going to be singing "Friends forever loyalty honesty" all week now.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
From what I remember they mostly poked fun at stuff like the non-Miami locations, the gang's love of brandishing, and the motorcycle ninjas.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Jet Jaguar posted:

I'm going to be singing "Friends forever loyalty honesty" all week now.

Friends for eternity
Sharing the utilities
Picking pubic hair
Off the so-ap

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

They weren't mean with the movie though. In fact, Grandmaster Y.K. Kim himself watched the Live show broadcast at a theater in his neck of the woods.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Most riffs are on films that were made in sincerity though.

Also, as mentioned, YK Kim was on board with the Rifftrax version and really it's only more exposure for a film he had assumed was completely abandoned. If I remember right, didn't he hang up on one of the guys at the Alamo Drafthouse when they called him to talk about the film because he didn't believe that somebody was actually interested in it?

Last thing -- "well-made movie" -- really?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

InfiniteZero posted:

Last thing -- "well-made movie" -- really?

the cinematography is genuinely good, the music loving owns, the fight choreography is actually passable, the special effects are all actually really impressive given the tiny budget

basically every technical aspect of the movie is totally on-point. it's just in service of a completely hilariously bonkers script being acted out by community theater people and a martial arts guy.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

InfiniteZero posted:

Most riffs are on films that were made in sincerity though.

I’d say a lot of riffs are on things made simply as product, not with any sincere artistic drive, especially the Just The Jokes ones.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I feel like this song needed to appear in Nier: Automata.

Same visuals too, because :yokotaro:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Quickest I lost interest in watching a riff when reading the email and see "Matthew Elliot".

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rirse posted:

Quickest I lost interest in watching a riff when reading the email and see "Matthew Elliot".

Could not be more opposite. Thanks for heads up

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Barudak posted:

Could not be more opposite. Thanks for heads up

Yeah, I have no problem with him and he works well with Ian Potter.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
At the very least, their Horror on the Orient Express (I think that's the title. It's a Peter Cushing / Christopher Lee movie) and Hanger 18 are solid.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Rirse posted:

:same:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

https://www.rifftrax.com/purple-death-from-outer-space?utm_source=aimtell&utm_medium=push&utm_campaign=campaign-190195

Sweet! Rifftrax is doing the Flash Gordon serials-

quote:

Elliot and Potter

:suicide:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Rirse posted:

Been saying this for years. How did those fat unfunny Limeys manage to ingratiate themselves into the show?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Finally watched Spiker and the earlier comments in this thread were right. It's such a weird movie, partially because of how it's a pretty normal movie up to a point.

For the first half, it isn't really all that bad. It's competently made, the acting is fine and it seems to be building towards a nice feel-good arc. Then the main character leaves the movie and it's like he took the rest of the script with him. The movie starts flailing around with plot lines and conflicts that don't go anywhere until it just... ends. It's kind of fascinating.

It almost could have worked if Catch was shown to be disgusted and annoyed with the coach for constantly pushing Sonny around during the first half, but nope. He just goes from forgettable supporting character to main character out of nowhere.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I think Guy From Harlem makes less sense the more times I see it. Though is THE HELL from Harlem.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Too coherent for my liking, I'm into Balloonland and the Last Slumber Party.
Now those flicks just melt your brain.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

By popular demand posted:

Too coherent for my liking, I'm into Balloonland and the Last Slumber Party.
Now those flicks just melt your brain.

Let me tell you about a movie called The Psychotronic Man (on sale this week!).

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

InfiniteZero posted:

Let me tell you about a movie called The Psychotronic Man (on sale this week!).

Wait! Let me get my Wakachicka machine started!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I think I've seen that movie when I randomly found it on YouTube, is there even anything solid in that mess to Riff on?
:pcgaming:

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Having just watched the recent Mary Jo and Bridget riff, I have only one question. Why was it called Dressed to Kill?

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

By popular demand posted:

I think I've seen that movie when I randomly found it on YouTube, is there even anything solid in that mess to Riff on?
:pcgaming:

The lack of anything coherent in the movie makes it an amazing canvas for their riffing, and it’s genuinely one of their best.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Billy Gnosis posted:

Having just watched the recent Mary Jo and Bridget riff, I have only one question. Why was it called Dressed to Kill?

I assume that it is a reference to the villainess and her disguises, although I'm not sure she did it more than once, nor do I remember her killing anyone.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

She changes clothes, people die thats about it. I like how most of her confidence game involved dressing normally and just asking nicely to people who were told to be in the watch for any except the police visiting them.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The most insane thing about that movie is the loving auction scene where the auctioneer tries to hype up selling the exact same thing three times.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Also why the hell didnt the toyshop lady buy two??? I get the collector only wanting one but not her.

The other great thing is the villains plan fails because they cant show up on time to a thing they had literal weeks to get to.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

that guy just uploaded laserblast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgU6HndvqY0

Somehow Billy is even more unappealing in HD.

E: Forgot about the attempted sexual assault scene, WTF .

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Feb 9, 2019

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Berserker: Hell's Warrior is on Amazon Prime and what the gently caress is this movie? It is over halfway through and they're still going over backstory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Guess nobody cares about the new riff on one of the movies they did for Filmcrew?