Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

A Sometimes Food posted:

I'd like to observe. Or play if there's too much room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

:thunk:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I'd like to play but looks like I missed it, I'd be up for a replacement or observer if the replacement window passes though.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Oh looking again it can accomodate up to 20? Then yes deffo in.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Nep-Nep posted:

Oh looking again it can accomodate up to 20? Then yes deffo in.

It's a 20 person game; 15 (and maybe 16 depending on whether Snooze Cruise is playing or not, goddammit girl give me a straight answer) people have signed up thus far

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
heck sign me up

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Soaring Kestrel posted:

heck sign me up

SK is scum!

scuuuuum

Why won't anyone listen?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

SK is scum!

scuuuuum

Why won't anyone listen?

It's pretty clear that SK is 3p. Duh

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

gene im a little drunk but your winefia game is still my favorite mafia game I've played

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
im scum

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
I'll play. Although I'm not done with pera no mafia but it should be okay.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Ok, so, two things:

1) The game is full if snooze is playing, but I'll be rude and kick her over to the observer or replacements list if anyone else signs up

2) everyone really does need to get in the discord; I'll link it via rolepm, but I'm using individual channels instead of google sheets for actions and such. Also important for the role draft!

Jen X fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Feb 2, 2019

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

drat, lotta faces (well, avatars and screenames) i don't recognize

it's been so long since i played mafia

am i the Mafia Old now??

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Chic Trombone posted:

am i the Mafia Old now??

Yes

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Chic Trombone posted:

am i the Mafia Old now??

I recognize like less than half of the current players, it's been so long

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Snooze is indeed in, so while I'm not starting the game until sunday night at the earliest, y'all should hop in the discord channel so I can do the role draft thing correctly.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Alright, so, the role draft: I *could* have just randomized the role list, but I thought it might be fun to add a small bit of player choice. I've randomized the player list, and each of you (well, mostly) will get two role names to pick from.

I'll ask you to choose through messaging on discord, and then send you a normal role PM. Sound good? I don't care if it does or not, none of you can respond anyway.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

One thing to add: everyone has ~12 hours to pick, or I'll choose for you so the draft can continue.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

The game begins. I am not sorry.

:siren: 16 players are alive. 9 votes are needed for execution. :siren:

Jen X fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Feb 4, 2019

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (16): A Sometimes Food, Azurelana, b-minus1, chaoslord, Chic Trombone, Epsilon Plus, Kashuno, KhediveRex, Mr. Humalong, OMGVBFLOL, peramene, Rhjamiz, Snooze Cruise, Soaring Kestrel, Tobbs Gnawed, xiw

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Reminder: This vote count is probably wrong.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Oops, deadline is at 10:00 pm EST in two days.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
What a weird game. I have no idea what's happening.

##vote Tobbs

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

##vote Tobbs

Well I think that art was a concept drawing for ways to ward off future primitives from nuclear waste disposal sites.

It was discarded for being too cool. Humans absolutely would explore the metal hell forest.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

##vote Tobbs

Lmao worst jester ever

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
hey bee movie, let's thunderdome!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

A Sometimes Food posted:

Well I think that art was a concept drawing for ways to ward off future primitives from nuclear waste disposal sites.

It was discarded for being too cool. Humans absolutely would explore the metal hell forest.

Primitive art that reminds me that we aren't new. We aren't special. We aren't modern. We aren't innovative. We're not that fancy. We're not that cute. We are human. And we need to get over ourselves, calm down and be kind to each other.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Unfortunate.

I don't like this ##vote Max

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

wait did people drop out? why are there only 16 alive i thought this game was for 20 players

did i miss something like an idiot

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Chic Trombone posted:

wait did people drop out? why are there only 16 alive i thought this game was for 20 players

did i miss something like an idiot

I was just trying to play town of salem for nostalgic purposes and then I found out it costs money to play now. It's not even that I don't have money that's disappointing, I just don't have a credit card yet because I'm 15.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

i know that this is probably a PR but Town of Salem still exists?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Nep-Nep posted:

Primitive art that reminds me that we aren't new. We aren't special. We aren't modern. We aren't innovative. We're not that fancy. We're not that cute. We are human. And we need to get over ourselves, calm down and be kind to each other.

And build metal hell forests.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Chic Trombone posted:

i know that this is probably a PR but Town of Salem still exists?

It's enough for me to be sure that you and I exist at this moment.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

on that note it's always interesting to see mafia be played outside of this little bubble on the something awful forums. pretty much every other place i've seen has a very different approach, oftentimes based more in game solving via role discussion with less of an emphasis on actual scumhunting

and boy, when i see that, i'm glad i decided that this patch of internet was the one for playing mafia, because that poo poo just looks downright unfun

well, that and the community, but that's a different story

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Asiina posted:

hey bee movie, let's thunderdome!

:getin:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It has been decided!

You may only vote for me or bee movie today.

All other votes will not count,

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Hello folks I have a proposal for you.

If you are not the biggest fan of your role, please let me know. GX and I have come to an........understanding. I can provide those who are the most happy with their role an interesting, unique, and all around wacky role.

And by can, I mean must. I don't have a choice or else I am modkilled. I will make the offer first: If you would like a new role, please let me know. If no one steps forth...I will assign someone the lamer roles on the list.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

If you are not the biggest fan of your role, please let me know. GX and I have come to an........understanding. I can provide those who aren't the most happy with their role an interesting, unique, and all around wacky role.

And by can, I mean must. I don't have a choice or else I am modkilled. I will make the offer first: If you would like a new role, please let me know. If no one steps forth...I will assign someone the lamer roles on the list.

mafia edit

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

im town

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Asiina posted:

It has been decided!

You may only vote for me or bee movie today.

All other votes will not count,

this is interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Kashuno posted:

If you are not the biggest fan of your role, please let me know. GX and I have come to an........understanding. I can provide those who aren't the most happy with their role an interesting, unique, and all around wacky role.

so is this