Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
They’re all vying for second place, since no musician before or since has dared dream of the artistic heights reached by The Bloodhound Gang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

christmas boots posted:

They’re all vying for second place, since no musician before or since has dared dream of the artistic heights reached by The Bloodhound Gang

I smoked pot with a couple of them and Wolfpac once back in like '98. They were super funny and cool guys.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Cobain was clever and funny and his lyrics are good

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

hawowanlawow posted:

Cobain was clever and funny and his lyrics are good

I just had "we can plant a house, we can build a tree, i don't even care, we don't have to breed (she said)" stuck in my head making breakfast this morning.

It made me smile.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I don’t care about flat earthers at loving all. Most of them are trolls and the rest are crazies. I’m far more annoyed by “I loving LOVE SCIENCE” types tripping over themselves to lay sick burns on them.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I don’t care about flat earthers at loving all. Most of them are trolls and the rest are crazies. I’m far more annoyed by “I loving LOVE SCIENCE” types tripping over themselves to lay sick burns on them.

Anybody who thinks Elon Musk is a genius is dumber than someone who thinks the world is flat.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I feel like the "I gently caress SCIENCE" crowd are 100% also in the "all Christopher Nolan's movies are perfection" group.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Graceland is one of the best albums of all time.

I don't know if this is appropriate for this thread as it is not an unpopular opinion but a completely indisputable and objective fact.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I kind of dig flat earthers just because they keep coming up with these brilliant high concept sci fi settings.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Gripweed posted:

Anybody who thinks Elon Musk is a genius is dumber than someone who thinks the world is flat.
I cannot disagree.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gripweed posted:

i think he's a funny man. Not really smart, but man he is funny, between the stupid poo poo he does and the people who will explode with anger at him sparking a J on a podcast or saying "no my submarine idea is good weh", I can't like him, but I can't say he hasn't given me some kind of joy, granted thats the same kind of joy people get from watching DarkSydePhil cry when a game is too hard for him.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Mu Zeta posted:

I feel like the "I gently caress SCIENCE" crowd are 100% also in the "all Christopher Nolan's movies are perfection" group.

That’s true, Memento was terrible

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Some medicine is fine to mix with alcohol if you have reasonable control over yourself when sauced up. Now obviously I'm not saying to down your painkillers with rum, but when the extent of a bunch of interactions is basically "The medicine might dope you up somewhat harder than intended, also just remember to not take more than you're supposed to" it's a big fat whatever, oh no, this OTC sleeping medicine might make me drowsier and stumblier than made to, what will I do.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
However, don’t attempt to trip on diphenhydramine while drinking!

PHUO: Fullmetal Alchemist’s sad dog(girl) plot is way sadder than Futurama’s.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Yardbomb posted:

Some medicine is fine to mix with alcohol if you have reasonable control over yourself when sauced up. Now obviously I'm not saying to down your painkillers with rum, but when the extent of a bunch of interactions is basically "The medicine might dope you up somewhat harder than intended, also just remember to not take more than you're supposed to" it's a big fat whatever, oh no, this OTC sleeping medicine might make me drowsier and stumblier than made to, what will I do.

yeah if it's just "it will be more potent" then whatever. If it's "it will destroy your liver" like tylenol, don't even try it (although I admit I've been tempted to when I was out of other non-acetaminophen painkillers).

also futurama's dog plot wasn't even that sad. It's like a super watered down version of Hachi.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Yardbomb posted:

I think a large part of it is yes you can get away with it, but how long do you intend to keep this up? Because a lot of people screw this up and as you continue to do booze + pills your mental faculties to judge if you have any mental faculties left begin to erode.

Not just your ability to say no but your ability to realize that you're making a series of increasingly bad decisions. Then inertia takes over and you're lucky if you make it to the hospital.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

spit on my clit posted:

i think he's a funny man. Not really smart, but man he is funny, between the stupid poo poo he does and the people who will explode with anger at him sparking a J on a podcast or saying "no my submarine idea is good weh", I can't like him, but I can't say he hasn't given me some kind of joy, granted thats the same kind of joy people get from watching DarkSydePhil cry when a game is too hard for him.

And by funny you mean laughably stupid, surely

Because he's not managed to land a legitimate joke in his whole life

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

syscall girl posted:

you're lucky if you make it to the hospital.
Counterpoint: You're lucky if you can escape this hellworld without suffering further.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

However, don’t attempt to trip on diphenhydramine while drinking!

PHUO: Fullmetal Alchemist’s sad dog(girl) plot is way sadder than Futurama’s.

Neither of them are sad. They're both ham-fisted and silly. Then again, I'm sure they were sad if you were like 9 or something when you watched them. Looking back on it the Artax scene in The Neverending Story was just as corny.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Tubgoat posted:

Counterpoint: You're lucky if you can escape this hellworld without suffering further.

Fair point. All a matter of what you mean to accomplish after all.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Sort of related: one thing that's really been bugging me lately are those quiz posts you sometimes see on Facebook with lines like "99% of people don't know the answer" or "if you can figure it out you're a genius" followed by the world's simplest 2nd grade word problem. It's just such a transparent move to boost engagement metrics but yet they all have a hundred thousands comments from proud brainhavers. It's gotten to the point that when I see any false information shared on social media I half suspect that the OP isn't targeting the ignorant but rather banking on a bunch of nerds to race to the comments with corrections and explanations that will never be read.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Gripweed posted:

The people that trip over themselves to despise Elon Musk constantly are just as bad as flat earthers.

I know when my unread threads from a half dozen subforums sync up with headlines about him because all of them have the same mouth frothing derails for pages. It's like strata dating and every news cycle about him is an asteroid impact.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Rectal Death Adept posted:

The people that trip over themselves to despise Elon Musk constantly are just as bad as flat earthers.

He's real dumb, dude. And he's gonna grift millions of dollars from cities for his indescribably stupid Loop idea.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Gripweed posted:

He's real dumb, dude. And he's gonna grift millions of dollars from cities for his indescribably stupid Loop idea.

Billions, imo.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Absolutely not even close, Musk is a stupid prick that doesn't care about worker safety or anything actually useful except in rarer cases.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
I like that story about how Elon Musk wanted to go paintballing with jetskis or something with Mark Zuckerberg, and Mark Zuckerberg wanted to beat a man until he stopped moving.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

syscall girl posted:

I think a large part of it is yes you can get away with it, but how long do you intend to keep this up? Because a lot of people screw this up and as you continue to do booze + pills your mental faculties to judge if you have any mental faculties left begin to erode.

Not just your ability to say no but your ability to realize that you're making a series of increasingly bad decisions. Then inertia takes over and you're lucky if you make it to the hospital.

I think they tend to say "don't drink when you take this" specifically because it can amplify the effects and people do stupid poo poo. I used to take ambien and my doctor at the time said it about doubles the alcohol so know your tolerance. The issue is that you'll have people who forget that, mix booze and sleepy pills, and die. It's easy to forget that you're effectively doubling your intake and drink way too much. Other times you'll have people doing stupid poo poo like thinking "well you know I can drive just fine with two drinks" and then drinking those two drinks on something that makes them slower then they fail to react to something fast enough or fall asleep behind the wheel and somebody dies. There's stuff that wrecks your reaction times something fierce but you don't notice how bad it is while you're on it.

Other things just kill the poo poo out of your liver if you drink while you're taking it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Caufman posted:

I like that story about how Elon Musk wanted to go paintballing with jetskis or something with Mark Zuckerberg, and Mark Zuckerberg wanted to beat a man until he stopped moving.

So Burning Man?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
simplest just to avoid drinking booze in the first place :shrug:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

spit on my clit posted:

simplest just to avoid drinking booze in the first place :shrug:

What's the fun in that?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ToxicSlurpee posted:

What's the fun in that?

the fun is not dying

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Interstellar, for all the pretense, isn't a scientifically minded movie at all. Looking at the actual story it's clearly an argument for religious superstition, magic and the promise of eternal life.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah they make that clear when Anne Hathaway has the speech about how love conquers all and is more important than anything

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Love is the most powerful science of all.

Save for like geology or whatever

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

It's the Muskovite fantasy that space and technology will save us like Daddy

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

spit on my clit posted:

the fun is not dying

that doesn't sound fun at all

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I’m still living just because Elon Musk will probably die first and I want to spite him

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
The Dead know only one thing, that it is better to be alive.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Aramek posted:

The Dead know only one thing, that it is better to be alive.

bullshit. There's a reason all skeletons are smiling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Gripweed posted:

bullshit. There's a reason all skeletons are smiling.

This suggests that death gets better with time. The recently dead often look really unhappy about it, but those smiles come out eventually.