Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmSBPPcrTlg

drat, the actors look a LOT like their models, or vice versa I guess. Dutch's is way heavier than I expected though.

There's nothing spoilery in that video, but there might be something weird coming up in the recommendations or something, so just be careful looking around after watching it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I love Rob Wiethoff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NuYx8oP_S8
(same warning as the video above)

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

While working at a factory in the Midwest, I once worked with a guy that sounded so much like John Martson that on my first break after meeting him I got on IMDB to check if he was John Marston.

That's my cool John Marston story.

(He was not Marston.)

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

While working at a factory in the Midwest, I once worked with a guy that sounded so much like John Martson that on my first break after meeting him I got on IMDB to check if he was John Marston.

(He was not Marston.)

One time I was walking to my bus in Northern Kentucky, and from a nearby rooftop under construction, I heard a voice that sounded so much like John Marston. It was a tall building, so I'll never know for sure, and therefore I can't say that it wasn't.

So there's my Schrodinger's Marston story.

Crappy Jack fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Feb 1, 2019

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

There's nothing spoilery in that video,

The mission the Micah actor describes is spoilery I guess but at least I know it’s there now because I missed it and it sounds cool.

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

(He was not Marston.)

The real test is to throw him in some water. If he survives, it's not Marston.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Snowy posted:

The mission the Micah actor describes is spoilery I guess but at least I know it’s there now because I missed it and it sounds cool.

When in the game does that even take place though?

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Even that could have been the occupant of the home, just not necessarily her husband.
You can pick up and examine the Adlers’ wedding photo in the house when Dutch tells Arthur to look around.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmSBPPcrTlg

drat, the actors look a LOT like their models, or vice versa I guess. Dutch's is way heavier than I expected though.

There's nothing spoilery in that video, but there might be something weird coming up in the recommendations or something, so just be careful looking around after watching it.

This is awesome but goddamn is that interviewer trash

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I’m currently in Chapter 5 after the shipwreck. Is the KKK mission later in the game or is it a stranger quest/camp quest I’ve missed?

snoremac fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Feb 2, 2019

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

snoremac posted:

I’m currently in Chapter 5 after the shipwreck. Is the KKK mission later in the game or is it a stranger quest/camp quest I’ve missed?

I didn't realize there was a KKK mission! At the very least it's not a story mission, not that i'm aware of anyways. I came across their group early in the game and blew them up. :v:

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Oh so it’s just a random event in the wild?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

snoremac posted:

I don't think it's a mission, just some random encounters. I found them just galloping through the woods.

A little guide I found says North of Rhodes at night, around and just to the west and northwest of flatneck station in the morning/early afternoon, and across the river to the southeast of Wallace station at night.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Post game finally.

I feel like I wasted my kindness on strangers howdying a million people as Arthur, I was close to maxed on honor no matter how many atrocities I committed. Now I’m John and solidly in grey hat range again after all that work :smith:

When finishing the young lovers quest between the Romeo and Juliet types, am I the only one whose horse got hit and killed by the train you ride away in with the couple? I barely noticed a break in the cutscenes that get you on the train, then the quest ends and my poor Snickerdoodle is in the middle of nowhere, dead next to the tracks 😭

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

freeranger posted:

Anyone got some good advice on earning xp quickly in Online?

I've got one spot in the mines at Annesburg that is good for farming xp after getting a bounty and headshotting everyone that comes in with special ammo, netting 15xp a kill. But wondering if there is a better way?

I started the mission Kill Them, Each and Every One last night and there was a guy on his mic explaining to the other players how to farm the mission for max XP and money.

Instead of following Mr. Horley to the fort right away everyone just hunts the desert for about 20 minutes and sells everything at Blackwater. The large birds in the area (condors, hawks, owls, and eagles) are a good source of cash and any small animal pelt you put in your pouch will always be 3 star perfect during the mission.

We only went about 10 minutes before someone continued the mission and I made a couple hundred bucks and over a thousand xp. As an added bonus you have the entire server to the 4 of you and don't have to deal with aggro players trying to kill you before you reach the butcher.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Oh, nice. I’m gonna try that tonight.

Edit: so I can use whatever gun on whatever animal as long as it’s small, right?

Scuba Trooper fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 2, 2019

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Finished the last challenge last night and got to 100% completion. The Legend of the East outfit isn't in my inventory and that last perk still shows up as "?". What a lovely bug. Time to go play something else for a while.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

It's maddening I can only have 5 custom outfits in single player. I need good cowboy, bad cowboy, fancy cowboy, at least two cold weather cowboys, hot weather cowboy, bounty hunter cowboy, probably another fancy cowboy,

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Inspector Hound posted:

It's maddening I can only have 5 custom outfits in single player. I need good cowboy, bad cowboy, fancy cowboy, at least two cold weather cowboys, hot weather cowboy, bounty hunter cowboy, probably another fancy cowboy,

I really don't like the hot/cold weather outfit system. Let me be fancy without worry about body temperature, please

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
When the game revealed to me that there is a hot/cold system and you have to keep the Arthur tamagotchi from getting uncomfortable, I was immediately reminded of the immersive testicles mod for The Witcher 3 and that is not a good thing

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

I really don't like the hot/cold weather outfit system. Let me be fancy without worry about body temperature, please

Yeah, complicating all this further is the fact that my new sheepskin batwing chaps for my good cowboy outfit are apparently sweltering, so I'm constantly in cowpoke heat stroke

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The first time I took off my hat I was expecting the game to come up with a popup like the sunglasses in Mario Sunshine, like "Arthur can't see anything when the sun is facing him without a hat so good luck enduring the HDR being twice as bright" or something

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Pantless cowboy style, IMO

Lol

https://youtu.be/ELg19pKEoQ0

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

hup posted:

Edit: so I can use whatever gun on whatever animal as long as it’s small, right?

not sure about that, I was using the varmint rifle the whole time

any ps4 players playing today?
I'll be off and on the rest of the day and into tonight if anyone wants to posse up
psn is Wintermute71 and I've got a persistent posse set up. Hired Goons

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Oh my God

Tell me it can be saved

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

winter.mute posted:

I started the mission Kill Them, Each and Every One last night and there was a guy on his mic explaining to the other players how to farm the mission for max XP and money.

Instead of following Mr. Horley to the fort right away everyone just hunts the desert for about 20 minutes and sells everything at Blackwater. The large birds in the area (condors, hawks, owls, and eagles) are a good source of cash and any small animal pelt you put in your pouch will always be 3 star perfect during the mission.

We only went about 10 minutes before someone continued the mission and I made a couple hundred bucks and over a thousand xp. As an added bonus you have the entire server to the 4 of you and don't have to deal with aggro players trying to kill you before you reach the butcher.

I'm always down to do this. We usually run the mission first but leave the fort without triggering the cutscene to do our hunting. I'd like to try it the way you describe though.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

holy hell.

at 2:08 he looks sad that his penis is missing

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Snowy posted:

Post game finally.

I feel like I wasted my kindness on strangers howdying a million people as Arthur, I was close to maxed on honor no matter how many atrocities I committed. Now I’m John and solidly in grey hat range again after all that work :smith:

Your howdys made it possible for Arthur to not get shot in the drat face by Micah there, blacklung. Quit your bitching.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Im Woody, howdy howdy howdy.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm finally nearing the end of this long, long game and man I enjoyed every minute of it. It is definitely one of the best video games I've ever played for multiple reasons. Thanks Rockstar!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Also, gently caress the haters, Arthur with full beard is a very good look for him.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I don’t know how anyone can play as a clean-shaven Arthur

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

thick stubble at the absolute minimum

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

I'ma need yo clothes, yo boots, and yo horse, boah.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Snowy posted:

Post game finally.

Easiest way to max honor is to pick the 'good options' for the Strauss missions in ch6. No howdying necessary!

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

hup posted:

Varmint rifle on anything bigger than a raccoon is going to just ruin the pelt and make it run. Use repeaters or normal arrows on everything up to the size of deer, rifles on bigger stuff than that, and the max power scoped rifles (the ones you can't unscope from) on poo poo like bison.

Here's a handy reference
https://www.gosunoob.com/red-dead-redemption-2/rdr2-perfect-pelts-hunting-guide-weapons/

or
Small = Bat, Bullfrog, Chipmunk, Snake, Squirrel, Rat and Toad - Bow with small game arrows

Moderate = Armadillo, Badger, Gila Monster, Iguana, Muskrat, Possum, Rabbit, Raccoon, Skunk - Varmint Rifle

Medium = Beaver, Coyote, Fox, Pig - Repeater, Bow with normal arrow

Large = Alligator (Small), Big Horn Ram, Boar, Buck, Cougar, Deer, Goat, Panther, Peccary, Pronghorn, Sheep, Wolf, Turtle - Rifle, Bow with poison arrow

Massive = Alligator, Bear, Bison, Bull, Cow, Elk, Moose, Ox - Scoped Rifle (sniper), Bow with improved arrow

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Feb 3, 2019

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

Hexenritter posted:

Varmint rifle on anything bigger than a raccoon is going to just ruin the pelt and make it run. Use repeaters or normal arrows on everything up to the size of deer, rifles on bigger stuff than that, and the max power scoped rifles (the ones you can't unscope from) on poo poo like bison.

Here's a handy reference
https://www.gosunoob.com/red-dead-redemption-2/rdr2-perfect-pelts-hunting-guide-weapons/

or
Small = Bat, Bullfrog, Chipmunk, Snake, Squirrel, Rat and Toad - Bow with small game arrows

Moderate = Armadillo, Badger, Gila Monster, Iguana, Muskrat, Possum, Rabbit, Raccoon, Skunk - Varmint Rifle

Medium = Beaver, Coyote, Fox, Pig - Repeater, Bow with normal arrow

Large = Alligator (Small), Big Horn Ram, Boar, Buck, Cougar, Deer, Goat, Panther, Peccary, Pronghorn, Sheep, Wolf, Turtle - Rifle, Bow with poison arrow

Massive = Alligator, Bear, Bison, Bull, Cow, Elk, Moose, Ox - Scoped Rifle (sniper), Bow with improved arrow

When you aim at an animal and click show info it tells you exactly what type of gun to use.

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account
Iirc, beaver is wrong and needs the varmint rifle (which I discovered after using that guide and wondering why I kept getting 2 star pelts).I think the rest are fine, but yeah, easier to just tap "show info" if you forget or aren't sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Snowy posted:

Post game finally.

You should visit the Annesburg train station. There's an old friend there who can solve that problem for you.