Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gully Foyle posted:

I wish Ada didn't still wear high heels though - in the original when she was posing as the girlfriend of one of the researchers, it made a bit of sense to be dressed up. But posing as an FBI agent attempting to investigate Umbrella? Wear some sensible footwear!

I assume she pulled the FBI thing out of her rear end (and happened to have fake credentials onhand or stole them from somewhere) which is why she is wearing the world's most conspicuous coat when she first shows up because she's like "poo poo, why was I wearing this?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I thought the trenchcoat was great and totally appropriate for a fashionable woman in a rainy city. The sunglasses at night in an underground parking garage during a zombie apocalypse were as bad as the heels though.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdmRuaeND8E&t=1024s

My full-game stream of the Claire B scenario has been archived. It was terrifying, nerve-wracking, and exciting. Being thrown for a loop over and over again by the game knowing my expectations after playing Leon A was super fun. This game continues to blow me away!

Thanks for posting these. I watched your Leon A run yesterday at work and enjoyed it. Your Evil Within playthrough got me to give that game and the sequel a second chance.

I am convinced you avoided the crane by an inch that first time on the Leon playthrough. It looks so close!

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
There is nothing more that I hate in this game than the G Embryos in the sewers. Im trying for S+ on hardcore and this section is giving me the blues.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

VagueRant posted:

I thought the trenchcoat was great and totally appropriate for a fashionable woman in a rainy city. The sunglasses at night in an underground parking garage during a zombie apocalypse were as bad as the heels though.
Wearing sunglasses at night, indoors is a proud RE tradition.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Wesker set the standard that all who take that path follow.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

codo27 posted:

Any penalties for saving for regular S?

I think the only thing that lowers your rank is time and infinite weapons that aren't the knife?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

So apparently you can blow zombies feet off and they'll still walk around like a regular peg leg pirate.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Basticle posted:

Hey I wonder what cool reskins the modding community has come up wi-- http://residentevilmodding.boards.net/thread/10016/wong-realistic-asian-facial-texture

:catstare:

Jesus loving Christ.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Accordion Man posted:

Wesker set the standard that all who take that path follow.
Yeah, though you could say its still makes him seem...pretty shady. :c00l:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Basticle posted:

Hey I wonder what cool reskins the modding community has come up wi-- http://residentevilmodding.boards.net/thread/10016/wong-realistic-asian-facial-texture

:catstare:

So I'm guessing they only know an Asian person through a rough description of a child's fever dream?

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Also a very low number of Claire players according to REnet stats

Most people are simply doing Leon A and then moving on

Went with Claire first because in the original RE2 I loathed her loadout and it could only go up from there. The two pistols is dumb in a big way but holy poo poo the Sparkshot and SMG are leaps and bounds better than their original counterparts. I'd say her only real downside is not having as effective means of taking down regular zombies but she chews up bosses with the SMG and Sparkshot. gently caress the nade launcher outside the lab.

Also shut up zombie apocalypse Ripley and Newt are rad. Got my S+ Hardcore with 2:27 and some change. Just so much more comfortable with her loadout and route on Hardcore than Leon's.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
SMG does a pretty good job chewing up regular zombies as well. It'll tear off limbs with quick short bursts.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

DeadButDelicious posted:

Went with Claire first because in the original RE2 I loathed her loadout

:smith:

I miss the bowgun.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Gully Foyle posted:

I wish Ada didn't still wear high heels though - in the original when she was posing as the girlfriend of one of the researchers, it made a bit of sense to be dressed up. But posing as an FBI agent attempting to investigate Umbrella? Wear some sensible footwear!

Ada actually wore flats in the original PS1 game. That was her only appearance where she didn't wear heels.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Jolo posted:

Thanks for posting these. I watched your Leon A run yesterday at work and enjoyed it. Your Evil Within playthrough got me to give that game and the sequel a second chance.

I am convinced you avoided the crane by an inch that first time on the Leon playthrough. It looks so close!

:tipshat: Glad you're enjoying them. And good on you for trying The Evil Within, more people need to do that because it's great, and the sequel is even better!

Prygelknabe
Mar 31, 2009

He had a baseball bat, and I was tied to a chair. Pissing him off was the smart thing to do.

codo27 posted:

Any penalties for saving for regular S?

Seems to strictly be the timer when it comes to regular S runs. So throw on an infinite weapon if you got one, and save as much as you like, it should all be good.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

Me on my Claire B run: "Aw, man, I gotta go back to the kennel. I wish I didn't have to fight zombie dogs."

*Monkey paw's finger curls*

Some real subtle genius this.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

drat, made it to the labs on my hardcore S+ run and got owned by the two lickers. Ill have to try again some other time. Im sick of playing it today.

I hate that they nerfed the acid rounds so much.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

MagusDraco posted:

SMG does a pretty good job chewing up regular zombies as well. It'll tear off limbs with quick short bursts.

Yeah once I get the smg I box my revolver until I get the more powerful 9mm rounds.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

blackguy32 posted:

drat, made it to the labs on my hardcore S+ run and got owned by the two lickers. Ill have to try again some other time. Im sick of playing it today.

I hate that they nerfed the acid rounds so much.

I don't even bother making them, they seem useless.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
drat, Claire getting a single/double revolver that she pan fires in her B run is so much cooler than Leon’s 1911 or whatever. At least he aims it gangster style, that’s fun.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

In Training posted:

I don't even bother making them, they seem useless.

They’ve been really good every time I’ve blasted lickers with them, curious what I’m doing differently. It doesn’t always kill, but it softens things up for small arms really well. The two in the lab took one acid round then a little spray from the SMG to clean up, and the G’s in the sewers take way fewer shots to kill after an acid blast.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only enemies I kill are bosses, and they don't seem to do much damage on any of the fights, and id rather have handgun ammo for navigating and interrupting zombies.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Yeah there does seem to be some variance in damage sometimes, I just finished a Claire B run without using any health items and used acid rounds to one shot lickers early on. Figured I may as well use the ammo that drops and had some good results with it. It's definitely less useful than flame rounds though, those wreck the G monsters in the sewer in two shots and I still had more than enough for the plants later.

Got the speedy last boss achievement and using the crane only once achievements done during that run as well. Done all 4 main runs now, need to do the 4th survivor thing, a Hardcore run with each, maybe try and get an S+ on that as well and a no item box run and I'll be all good. loving hell I love this game. I assume it'd probably be a bad idea to try and do my no item box playthrough at the same time as my first hardcore one right?

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Just finished Leon A and comparing it with Claire A I found that on paper Leon’s arsenal should be better than Claire’s in every way just like in OG RE2 but in reality it’s just...different. I personally found that Leon has a much easier time dealing with regular enemies, but Claire has a much easier time dealing with bosses and quite noticeably Lickers.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
It’s also kind of amazing how in my current Hardcore S run attempt that lickers ain’t poo poo, but zombie dogs are a problem. Lickers just get knifed and don’t know how the hell to cope with it, any dogs that manage to escape my wrath are rear end-biting bastards. :argh:

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
I don't see any advantage Claire has over Leon in any scenario. Ignoring magnums, the shotgun and flamethrower and the occasional panic knife or grenade are literally all you ever need for a boss and way more than enough for anything you between bosses.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Its the two lickers in the lab that are loving me up. I tried the acid rounds and it would hit one and then the other one would mess me up. Maybe I would be better off walking by them.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Anonymous Robot posted:

drat, Claire getting a single/double revolver that she pan fires in her B run is so much cooler than Leon’s 1911 or whatever. At least he aims it gangster style, that’s fun.

The 1911 is so much better that it's not even a competition imo. I don't need a gun that you can accidentally waste ammo with that has a reload speed of Sometime loving Whenever :colbert:

blackguy32 posted:

Its the two lickers in the lab that are loving me up. I tried the acid rounds and it would hit one and then the other one would mess me up. Maybe I would be better off walking by them.

Make a bunch of noise around the corner from them and the one on the ground should arrive a lot faster than the one on the ceiling in my experience.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

blackguy32 posted:

Flash grenade to knock the one off the ceiling, acid round the pair, SMG to finish ‘em off. Really helps to slow walk when they spawn too, they pop in and are just like “uhhhhh what was I doing here again”.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

thebardyspoon posted:

Yeah there does seem to be some variance in damage sometimes, I just finished a Claire B run without using any health items and used acid rounds to one shot lickers early on. Figured I may as well use the ammo that drops and had some good results with it. It's definitely less useful than flame rounds though, those wreck the G monsters in the sewer in two shots and I still had more than enough for the plants later.

Got the speedy last boss achievement and using the crane only once achievements done during that run as well. Done all 4 main runs now, need to do the 4th survivor thing, a Hardcore run with each, maybe try and get an S+ on that as well and a no item box run and I'll be all good. loving hell I love this game. I assume it'd probably be a bad idea to try and do my no item box playthrough at the same time as my first hardcore one right?

No item box on Hardcore would be abysmal since you get way fewer inventory upgrades. You'd basically have nothing but a handgun for the whole game

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Been trying to kneecap zambonis but I find it's a waste of ammo because they still crawl at you. I gotta practice my dodging I guess.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I hate Claire's revolver. That thing is rotting in the box and I'm not even picking up heavy handgun ammo. You get two (!?) more handguns anyway. Not sure why you need 3 handguns here.

I just did Sherry's part for the first time and it is indeed way better than Ada's, which is bad.

Seems like there are fewer healing items on B run. I have a little extra instead of a box full. Might be just because I am moving faster though.

Also, thanks to the goon who pointed out you can push all the library shelves at the same time. Spreading that info around further.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Gully Foyle posted:

To be fair she’s wearing red-bottoms, they are bloody shoes.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

blackguy32 posted:

There is nothing more that I hate in this game than the G Embryos in the sewers. Im trying for S+ on hardcore and this section is giving me the blues.

The one G that pops out the pipe to your right in an extremely narrow corridor has killed my speedruns more than any other enemy
Even with sub-weapons the G won't move out of the way and you have to fight back but if you take too long a second G will appear behind you and it's game over. There's a reason 2 of my 3 alloted S+ saves are in the sewers.

That G is probably tied for 3rd form Birkin on time taken retrying over and over, because of the nature of the speedrun there's a lack of inventory space and some guns are skimmed over and it's just brutal.

Just remember that if you select 'load game' from the death screen the timer is still ticking down even past death; you have to quit to title screen and load game again from there if you want to keep your time. Found this out by accident.

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Feb 2, 2019

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

I don't see any advantage Claire has over Leon in any scenario. Ignoring magnums, the shotgun and flamethrower and the occasional panic knife or grenade are literally all you ever need for a boss and way more than enough for anything you between bosses.

Could just be my perception but I found the boss fights harder with Leon than Claire - and Claire as my first one. Maybe it’s the adaptive difficulty in play as I finished Leon’s run in half the time and took a lot less damage

https://twitter.com/setzeri/status/992788613778821120

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Claire’s revolver is meant to be tossed in the box and then once it has both upgrades you use it as your endgame pistol with the high power rounds saved for bosses

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
kamiya took more time than i did :eyepop: but we both got the same rank, i suspect C is the lowest? anywho, its been nice watching his uploads of the game.

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/1091767464159993857

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Vikar Jerome posted:

kamiya took more time than i did :eyepop: but we both got the same rank, i suspect C is the lowest? anywho, its been nice watching his uploads of the game.

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/1091767464159993857

94 saves!? How??? :stare: