Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012
Hornets - 80/3yr Brad Beal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012
Hornets - 300/2yr Kevin Durant

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Okay then disregard the other post I'm going to hold my bids then

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Celtics bid 140 for Beal

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
But yeah, running to the store. Be back in a bit. Edit powers for the doc are up, it's formatted how I prefer already for easy examples.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Raptors bid 315/2 for Kevin "the Servant" Durant

Raptors bid 15/3 for Kris Dunn

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I have 335 on KAT in from last page, is this not legal? Please update if he is mine on the SS tia!

Mountain Dew Code Bread
Mar 20, 2008

Suns bid 25/3 yrs for Jaylen Brown

ItsMillerTime
Feb 2, 2019

Pacers bid

$30/3 for Jaylen Brown
$150/3 for Bradley Beal

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

30/3 for Jaylen Brown

1/1 for Kyle O'Quinn

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Michael Corleone posted:

I have 335 on KAT in from last page, is this not legal? Please update if he is mine on the SS tia!

I'll make it easier for you

Nuggets bid $350 on KAT

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

30/3 for Jaylen Brown

1/1 for Kyle O'Quinn

I think, according to the rules, your bid for Brown is a tie with the last guy, but he posted it first so yours doesn't count, plus we need your team in the bid post as well

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

$5 per on Ross from the Wizards

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Do I need to say the year amount as well for my bids to be legal or no?

I’m on mobile so I hosed up for a second, my bids are still 160 per for Brad Beal and 2 for Kyle O’Quinn

Carlosologist fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Feb 2, 2019

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

check the sheet before you bid playas to make sure you dont tie or go under.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
The Cavs offer Jaylen Brown 40 per year.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

BWV posted:

check the sheet before you bid playas to make sure you dont tie or go under.
Yeah Ross was blank on the sheet when I looked (I thought?) but I see I went under. My bad

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Fast Luck posted:

$5 per on Ross from the Wizards

Already got a bid for twice that

efb

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I just want to make sure that at 8 AM EST all bidding restarts with a 4 hour period without bids to get the player. ie; you can place a holder bid at 8:01 PM and come back the next day and still be in the running, no one can win a player overnight.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012
Hornets, 365/2 Kevin Durant

ItsMillerTime
Feb 2, 2019

Pacers bid

$45/3 for Jaylen Brown

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Lakers bid $370 for Kevin Durant

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Michael Corleone posted:

I just want to make sure that at 8 AM EST all bidding restarts with a 4 hour period without bids to get the player. ie; you can place a holder bid at 8:01 PM and come back the next day and still be in the running, no one can win a player overnight.

It's four hours total time without a bid, it doesn't "restart", but yes. If you bid at 8:01 PM and nobody bids after you, if nobody bids by 8:00 AM, that first minute of reopening, he's yours. Leading bids CAN be placed overnight, but the bids won't legally start until 8 AM, so nobody can ever be "won" if there is remaining time for them.

I should clarify: Any bids ON the hour of the 4th hour are not legal. In that example, a bid would have to be done at 8:00 AM to "beat" you for that player and restart the clock, not 8:01 AM.

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Feb 2, 2019

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Cavs bid 55 on J. Brown per year.

eta; OK I think I get it DBD, as long as I make a bid after 801 and then another one before 800 AM I would be in the lead when the 'new day starts' or at least be in it?

Basically, the 4 hour rule still applies overnight (coming into the morning) but no one can win anyone before 8 in the morning? Sorry for being slow.

e; the 4 hour rule applies up until 8 AM when all bids are 'legal' to win. If you placed the leading bid at 650 you would win him at 1050 AM as long as no one else bid, a 350 bid would 'time out' and the player would open the day at that bid, but the GM would not win him until 4 hours pass without a bid.

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Feb 2, 2019

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Michael Corleone posted:

Cavs bid 55 on J. Brown per year.

eta; OK I think I get it DBD, as long as I make a bid after 801 and then another one before 800 AM I would be in the lead when the 'new day starts' or at least be in it?

Basically, the 4 hour rule still applies overnight (coming into the morning) but no one can win anyone before 8 in the morning? Sorry for being slow.

If you made a bid anytime after 8 PM, say 9 PM exactly, however many hours you have on that player will freeze at midnight (so, 3 hours), and starts again at 8 AM. You'd win that player at 9 AM (aka 1 hour left) if nobody else bids.

However, IF somebody beats your bid overnight, their clock doesn't start until 8 AM EST, and would need until noon to win if nobody bids. 12 AM EST to 8 AM EST time will be "frozen". Leading bids can be placed, but will NOT start their clock until 8 AM.

edit: Gonna make a text channel for questions + rules n stuff in the discord so it doesnt clutter here

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 2, 2019

ItsMillerTime
Feb 2, 2019

The Pacers bid

$165 per year on Bradley Beal

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012
Hornets bids:

$85/5 for Traemond Young

$185/3 for Bradmond Beal

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
OKC 95 ON TRAE

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Celtics go 65 for Jaylen Brown and 195 for Beal

ItsMillerTime
Feb 2, 2019

Pacers bid

$11/1 for Ross

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Cavs offer KAT 355 per.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012
Hornets offer Rayford 'Trae' Young $102/5

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Are we supposed to edit the sheet with time and bid or just post here?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Lockback posted:

Are we supposed to edit the sheet with time and bid or just post here?

Post in thread. Edit afterwards if you have time to edit your own updates, but always post here first.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Still looking for a co-GM if anyone is lurking in the thread and wants to get involved. As I'm GMT timezone, the clock going until midnight EST is going to gently caress me up so help would be appreciated!

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Timberwolves offer 25/y for Terrance Ross

ItsMillerTime
Feb 2, 2019

Pacers bid

$3/1 for Kyle O'Quinn

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Memphis is offering Kris Dunn $25/3

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark