Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

givepatajob posted:

One of my co-workers is constantly spouting Family Guy references and it makes me think less of him. He's also a huge racist and Trump supporter.

Please ask him what he thought of the episode "Trump Guy" Where they basically just list current events that seem like they belong in a cartoon making fun of current events but aren't exaggerated. They also real talk at the end that the writing staff does not approve of Trump.

If that episode sounds funny to anyone, it's not, it's a horrible. I was bored, it was on Hulu and thought maybe it would get a laugh. It didn't. Maybe it made this guy angry, that would be funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
20 years ago was a bad day because Family Guy is bad.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

pixaal posted:

Please ask him what he thought of the episode "Trump Guy" Where they basically just list current events that seem like they belong in a cartoon making fun of current events but aren't exaggerated. They also real talk at the end that the writing staff does not approve of Trump.

If that episode sounds funny to anyone, it's not, it's a horrible. I was bored, it was on Hulu and thought maybe it would get a laugh. It didn't. Maybe it made this guy angry, that would be funny.

I came here just to post this. Family Guy was hysterical for a few years, and this episode was one of the farthest falls in quality I've ever seen in TV.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Senor Dog posted:

Sid Vicious

Simon Ferocious

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

An Ounce of Gold posted:

My favorite part about Family Guy is that it's eventual success would let McFarlane create American DadThe Orville.

Not fully disagreeing with you on AD but I think Seth was playing the long game of being able to sit in the captain's chair of his own starship

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ElectricSheep posted:

Not fully disagreeing with you on AD but I think Seth was playing the long game of being able to sit in the captain's chair of his own starship

Sabatage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNomhZFaWWI

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLU6vH_IGi0

Even though the new episodes sometimes have a different spin than in the past, I still enjoy them.

BubbleBobble
Jan 5, 2010
lol dat Griffith family though

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

EorayMel posted:

after the first round of mortal kombat lois griffin lost to bonnie swanson and shang tsung walked towards the defeated lois and said the chilling words YOUR SOUL IS MINE as lois quivers in pain fearing that her life is over she had no choice to face the inevitable that her soul will be stolen by the sorcerer

this is part two of part one shang tsung began the soul stealing process on lois griffin as she begs for her life as she screams in utter terrible pain from a dark magic that hits the chest making her body feel numb and feel that her heart is on fire as her essences is being drained from her body

this is part 3 of this pet project fan art of mortal kombat i used photostudio for the effects

this is the final part of my mk fan art and family guy crossover lois griffins soul is now consumed by shang tsung as lois screamed her last breath her heart stopped beating and her soul essences is now drained from her as shang tsung said FATALITY as a last insult to injury as he walks away from lois's souless body on the sand

(note this is far art no copyright infringement intended plz dont report for no reason with out proof of any wrong doing and dont feed the flames or the trolls thank you

freakin sweet

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I used to like the gay baby but then they made him no gay so gently caress them and gently caress you too for reading this

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

An Ounce of Gold posted:

My favorite part about Family Guy is that it's eventual success would let McFarlane create American Dad.

this

i thought this was really funny though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWUD7MBdDuo

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Hey Lois, remember that time I bought an indie game for the pope?

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

The Management posted:

Did that baby ever kill his mom?

no; he grew accustomed to her face

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
remember when Seth McFarlane missed his flight on 9/11 because he was hungover

God wanted us to have 20 years of Family Guy

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

The Management posted:

Did that baby ever kill his mom?

No he became an incredibly flamboyant gay stereotype who rarely used cool technology or weapons any more except for his time machine which he also didn't have for about half a season after he destroyed it and then Brian died and then they copped out on it and he fixed it and Brian is alive still. It's too bad because Vinnie was a funny character too. Not.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

holy crap lois

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Sid Vicious posted:

No he became an incredibly flamboyant gay stereotype who rarely used cool technology or weapons any more except for his time machine which he also didn't have for about half a season after he destroyed it and then Brian died and then they copped out on it and he fixed it and Brian is alive still. It's too bad because Vinnie was a funny character too. Not.

Yeah now Stewie is just Seth's homosexual fantasy self insert.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Bank vault was the best episode of the entire series

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
The gangster dog sucked, except at the very end. The fake-nice scumbag dog was better. It's immaterial, though, because they were never, ever, in a million years going to leave Brian dead.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

The gangster dog sucked, except at the very end. The fake-nice scumbag dog was better. It's immaterial, though, because they were never, ever, in a million years going to leave Brian dead.

Haha I forgot about that dick.

I liked NY dog's story about how they had a gay friend they beat half to death because he wasn't exactly like them.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Bitch Brian is another good one off character who should've stuck around

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
holy carp lois

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
I still watch once in awhile but is there a word for when something is not funny enough to laugh but maybe funny enough to smile somewhat and think to yourself a quiet "heh" because I maybe get two or three of those per ep

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

I stopped watching sometime in season 11/12 (?) when the unapologetic rapist character made yet another oh so hilarious rape joke and I just thought "you know what? gently caress this show and everyone involved with making it"

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

EorayMel posted:

after the first round of mortal kombat lois griffin lost to bonnie swanson and shang tsung walked towards the defeated lois and said the chilling words YOUR SOUL IS MINE as lois quivers in pain fearing that her life is over she had no choice to face the inevitable that her soul will be stolen by the sorcerer

this is part two of part one shang tsung began the soul stealing process on lois griffin as she begs for her life as she screams in utter terrible pain from a dark magic that hits the chest making her body feel numb and feel that her heart is on fire as her essences is being drained from her body

this is part 3 of this pet project fan art of mortal kombat i used photostudio for the effects

this is the final part of my mk fan art and family guy crossover lois griffins soul is now consumed by shang tsung as lois screamed her last breath her heart stopped beating and her soul essences is now drained from her as shang tsung said FATALITY as a last insult to injury as he walks away from lois's souless body on the sand

(note this is far art no copyright infringement intended plz dont report for no reason with out proof of any wrong doing and dont feed the flames or the trolls thank you

How many times has everyone beat off to this I’m at three

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Sid Vicious posted:

Brian died and then they copped out on it and he fixed it
bringing brian back was planned from the beginning not a cop out

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I really liked Family Guy when it first came on. I was sad when they cancelled it, and then really excited when they were bringing it back. But, then when it actually came back, it was terrible. I gave it a few episodes, and then never looked back.

Then when American Dad came out people kept saying, "Yeah, Family Guy sucks, but American Dad is amazing!" So I tried it, and hated it. Then people were like, "It started out bad, but it gets so good!" So I tried some newer episodes, hated it.

Then I started learning about Seth MacFarlane, the actual person, and I learned to hate the man behind the shows.

Now people keep trying to convince me that I should watch the Orville, and that it's good even if you hate all his other work.

Not falling for that again.

I've never gone back to the original three seasons of Family Guy, so I'm still not sure if those were actually good, or just good to 14-year-old me.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Remember when Buzzfeed, Huffpo, and all the other leftist media failed because they just wanted to spend 100% of their time insulting anyone who wasn't a professional loser? Notice how those careers just got flushed down the toilet? I wouldn't be surprised if this trump episode is the end of family guy.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

fakeaccount posted:

I came here just to post this. Family Guy was hysterical for a few years, and this episode was one of the farthest falls in quality I've ever seen in TV.

Lol okay “TRUMP LOVER” av

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Tip posted:

Then I started learning about Seth MacFarlane, the actual person, and I learned to hate the man behind the shows.

I'm curious what you found out specifically cuz he seems like a cool dude to me :confused:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

fakeaccount posted:

Remember when Buzzfeed, Huffpo, and all the other leftist media failed because they just wanted to spend 100% of their time insulting anyone who wasn't a professional loser? Notice how those careers just got flushed down the toilet? I wouldn't be surprised if this trump episode is the end of family guy.

This guy seems like a professional loser I’d listen to him I think he knows what he’s talking about.

Also ban him for political chat in GBS

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Tip posted:

I really liked Family Guy when it first came on. I was sad when they cancelled it, and then really excited when they were bringing it back. But, then when it actually came back, it was terrible. I gave it a few episodes, and then never looked back.

Then when American Dad came out people kept saying, "Yeah, Family Guy sucks, but American Dad is amazing!" So I tried it, and hated it. Then people were like, "It started out bad, but it gets so good!" So I tried some newer episodes, hated it.

Now people keep trying to convince me that I should watch the Orville, and that it's good even if you hate all his other work.

Not falling for that again.

I've never gone back to the original three seasons of Family Guy, so I'm still not sure if those were actually good, or just good to 14-year-old me.

I hated Family Guy the first time I saw it. It later grew on me. It's hit-or-miss, and it's more miss than hit, these days, but the funny stuff is pretty funny.

I hated American Dad, and I especially hated Roger. I watched a few episodes, stopped, then came back like four years later and tried, again. I was wrong. Roger is hilarious, and whoever is writing Steve deserves a special Emmy or something, because everything about that character is hilarious and perfect.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I hated Family Guy the first time I saw it. It later grew on me. It's hit-or-miss, and it's more miss than hit, these days, but the funny stuff is pretty funny.

I hated American Dad, and I especially hated Roger. I watched a few episodes, stopped, then came back like four years later and tried, again. I was wrong. Roger is hilarious, and whoever is writing Steve deserves a special Emmy or something, because everything about that character is hilarious and perfect.

Steve's va is a legit singer, plus the songs in that show are actually funny, family guy's are mostly grandpa's night at the show.

Steve's smug "I'll act like a wolf boy" always cracks me the gently caress up, even if the guy bursting in the window is dumb and family guy.

SilvergunSuperman fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Feb 4, 2019

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
It was awesome when it came back in 2005, it was offensive and gently caress you

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nonviolent J posted:

It was awesome when it came back in 2005, it was offensive and gently caress you

This person has a correct opinion. The rest of you clearly are nofuniks.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
The original seasons of family guy were unwatchable garbage.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
american dad: good

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I still turn on Family Guy now and then for some filler when I don't feel like thinking. Even though it tends to get extremely mean spirited and hate-fueled at times it still manages a few solid laughs per episode and that's more that I can say for many shows so... it's something.

The Trump Guy episode was dumb because there's just nothing else left to make fun of the guy that hasn't already been done. He's basically beyond parody anyway. They did actually also call themselves out for several things which was kind of interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
You promised not to go to the stag party!