Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I think it was an AAA show where he did a similar thing onto the owner's wife or something in the first row. I feel like if someone doesn't end up with Fenix in their lap, it's a failed show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
The last time I saw someone do a dive like that another person eventually tweeted "I ducked up"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MLW/status/1091721845194350592

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Court Bauer so far has been a bit of a horse whisper when it comes to Low Ki. But still I was expecting shenanigans from Low Ki tonight as he is likely finally losing tonight.

But here he is backstage
https://twitter.com/MLW/status/1091830509049729024

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Cavauro posted:

Oh ok. I believe you that he's good. but that gif looks like something nia jax would do and say it was very good to do on twitter, if she was able to run

Nia Jax could not do that.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

bought my ticket to see kasai, im VERY excited and i hope it actually happens. the fn king is wrestling shlak on that show too so i hope i get some good catharsis out of that.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Big night for MLW title changes. Lucha Bros lost and Low Ki actually showed up when he was booked to lose for once

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Cavauro posted:

Oh ok. I believe you that he's good. but that gif looks like something nia jax would do and say it was very good to do on twitter, if she was able to run

Have you never watched Lucha? That's just a regular rear end dive spot.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Things are different in Mexico, amigo. Dives regularly go into the first few rows. Guard rails and personal injury lawsuits don't mean poo poo.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

When he was last at DEFY Fenix dove into the third row. There were only three rows.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
lmbo people responding to cavauro never gets old

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

I mean, on the topic of crowd dives, remember Homicide doing his tope con giro in the early 2000s? He build up insane speed in the ring and AT LEAST made it to the third row, regularly reaching the 5th or even 6th row.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

"it happens all the time so it's fine" is a very interesting justification for horrible things in modern times. are you Prepared to go all the way?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MLW/status/1092061798830882816

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Cavauro posted:

"it happens all the time so it's fine" is a very interesting justification for horrible things in modern times. are you Prepared to go all the way?

Let's take a trip to Mexico!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

MotU posted:

lmbo people responding to cavauro never gets old
I think the new av helps people stepping into that. I know had to do a double take a couple of times since they got it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Let's take a trip to Mexico!

what are you going to do to me at there.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Cavauro posted:

what are you going to do to me at there.

Depends on the quality of your organs

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The show was very "off" and a bit of a mess. The finish of Kotto/Martinez was nightmarishly bad

https://twitter.com/prowrestlingnet/status/1092128255799422982

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Depends on the quality of your organs

all of them are very bad

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rovert posted:

The show was very "off" and a bit of a mess. The finish of Kotto/Martinez was nightmarishly bad

https://twitter.com/prowrestlingnet/status/1092128255799422982

Agreed. I've been an MLW supporter since the summer and am rooting for them to do good stuff, but this show was not their best showing. I feel like their last live show on beIN was also not very good.

I was looking forward to Kotto/Martinez as I think Kotto could really break out soon and Martinez has grown into his role as a giant dickbag lately but it wasn't all that great. That said, it was the best of the night. The World Title match was a stinker since it was shorter than 5 minutes with a 7-month build and the Tag Title match suffered from the Teddy Hart problem of "do stuff, tell no story". The first few minutes of the tag match also seemed insanely awkward with no chemistry between the Lucha Bros and DBS.

Also, was it just me or was the ring smaller than usual? Maybe it was just something with the arena setup or some other thing, but it looked way tinier than usual for MLW.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sammy Guevara confirmed for CZW Best of the Best

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Why do CZW promotional posters/slicks no longer say what town in NJ they're in? This has been going on for a while.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

davidbix posted:

Why do CZW promotional posters/slicks no longer say what town in NJ they're in? This has been going on for a while.

I dunno but it'd crack me up if the city council asked czw to stop associating their towns name with them

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

shiksa posted:

I dunno but it'd crack me up if the city council asked czw to stop associating their towns name with them

"Mr. Hyde, you keep calling our city services repeatedly for frivolous matters, we do not wish to be associated with your wrestling promotion in any way"

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Pro Wrestling Syndicate were kicked out of Metuchen, NJ a bunch of years ago - https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/271617-new-jersey-town-bans-pro-wrestling-pro-wrestling-syndicate-forced-to-relocate

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

shiksa posted:

New Jersey once tried to pass a bill that would only ban CZW and not other wrestling.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

New Jersey once tried to pass a bill that would only ban CZW and not other wrestling.

much like how IWA-MS's dumbshit got wrestling effectively banned in Kentucky.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1092523043388149760

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Trevor Lee again successfully defended the CWF Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Title on Saturday night, and is advertised for the Feb 16 show, though he is starting at the PC on the 11th. I'm surprised WWE is letting him work one last date after starting since he could have dropped the title Saturday.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

how did Bryan end up with the belt?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

how did Bryan end up with the belt?

He was a friend of Larry's and they traded the belt back and forth a few times in matches.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He was a friend of Larry's and they traded the belt back and forth a few times in matches.

ok I kinda remembered them doing the thing a few times but I only saw one Alverez title reign listed super early in the championship history on cagematch.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
kobe durst? the gently caress kinda 1998-rear end name is that

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

durst is his real name so he changed his first name to kobe to counteract it

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

ok I kinda remembered them doing the thing a few times but I only saw one Alverez title reign listed super early in the championship history on cagematch.

Given their friendship I wouldn't be surprised if Larry's family or friends made sure Bryan got it.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

MassRafTer posted:

Well, not exactly. JAPW was similar at the time, and immediately adapted to become the JAPW every knows.

But yes, it was the extreme wrestling ban that didn't ban Extreme Championship Wrestling.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

much like how IWA-MS's dumbshit got wrestling effectively banned in Kentucky.

In this case NJ proposed a bill that would ban "extreme wrestling." Except they defined extreme wrestling in a way that it wouldn't ban WWF, WCW and ECW. It would only target CZW. Despite ECW being extreme and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Whereas IWAMS got pro wrestling banned from all National Guard Armories in the state of Kentucky.