Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I can never thank Gil Amelio enough for rescuing us from this madness and causing the mass adoption of the worlds most advanced unix operating system

Too bad he's retired, we really need him again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.

r u ready to WALK posted:

the worlds most advanced unix operating system

jumbo shrimp
army intelligence

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
made in the 1970s... for tomorrow!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i mean, this looks exactly like what would appeal to a sales department

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is this what Chevy Chase is up to after Community?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

actually, he's doing a Fletch reboot

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

infernal machines posted:

actually, he's doing a flesh robot

:stare:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

pictured: iphone sx max+

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

iphone maxipad

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

SRQ posted:

iphone maxipad
text me

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

finally, someone found a use for the apple watch

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

still trying to find a use for your posting

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

mine added “how silly is that”

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

gently caress

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

hobbesmaster posted:

mine added “how silly is that”

siri is the digital assistant equivalent of the "makin' copies!" guy

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

if you wanted things to work you wouldn’t have sprint :shrug:

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Tell us about your favorite car brand next.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

SRQ posted:

remember when google glass was supposed to be hip and cool

glass was nothing more than a front for sergey to gently caress the head of anroid's girlfriend

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Remember the Robert Scoble Google Glass shower pic?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Lambert posted:

i do

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Lambert posted:

yospos farms remembers

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

are there any qi charging pads that look like a grown up would use them? i’ve been looking at stands because that seems waaaay more useful than a pad on my nightstand but everything is ugly and/or doesn’t list the actual charging power.

also in general i am just super unimpressed by the general accessory industrial design. everything looks waaaaaaaay too techlord and i dont need my electronics to be liquid metal extensions of my arms.

also also i’m assuming the qi chargers are cross compatible with MY PARTNER the android haver yeah?

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

like case shopping last week i think it’s nuts that the cheapest aesthetically pleasing case that didn’t look like a tinkertoy or scifi movie prop i found in a real store was like $60.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

Casual Encountess posted:

are there any qi charging pads that look like a grown up would use them? i’ve been looking at stands because that seems waaaay more useful than a pad on my nightstand but everything is ugly and/or doesn’t list the actual charging power.

also in general i am just super unimpressed by the general accessory industrial design. everything looks waaaaaaaay too techlord and i dont need my electronics to be liquid metal extensions of my arms.

also also i’m assuming the qi chargers are cross compatible with MY PARTNER the android haver yeah?

I use and like this one: https://www.amazon.com/CHOETECH-Zinc-Alloy-Ultra-Slim-Compatible-Qi-Enabled/dp/B07F3X3D13

And yes Qi is Qi, doesn’t matter what OS. The only difference is some charge iPhones with 7.5Watts and some with 5Watts.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
The Nokia ones are nice.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bronin posted:

I use and like this one: https://www.amazon.com/CHOETECH-Zinc-Alloy-Ultra-Slim-Compatible-Qi-Enabled/dp/B07F3X3D13

And yes Qi is Qi, doesn’t matter what OS. The only difference is some charge iPhones with 7.5Watts and some with 5Watts.
the google pixel ones are drmed, actually lmao

anyway, they all just look like either a black disc or a black stand thing i'm not sure what more you want

e: this one looks like a coaster? https://www.amazon.com/Qi-Wireless-...okia+qi+charger

e2: winner: https://www.amazon.com/Eboxer-Wirel...okia+qi+charger

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

https://allenpike.com/2019/navigation-should-be-boring

quote:

If you’re weird-navigation skeptic, then take heart: the data is on your side. The A/B tests and other success metrics I’ve seen almost always support clear, familiar navigation approaches. Tab bars get better engagement than hamburger menus, many users don’t even find gestures, and simple menus works better than a whiz-bang feature dashboards.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Rex-Goliath posted:

yospos farms remembers

farmer displeased moo cow

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Rex-Goliath posted:

yospos farms remembers

your agriculture system is a piece of poo poo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
why won't apple let you download big apps unless you're on wifi

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

because in 2007 at&t didn't have a good data network and didn't want people downloading apps on it.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

because 3rd world countries like canada with telecoms monopolies gouge consumers for data and 1gb limits are common.

also one of these companies funded a day for mental health awareness in a cynical attempt to humanize themselves and it worked.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

SRQ posted:

because 3rd world countries like canada with telecoms monopolies gouge consumers for data and 1gb limits are common.

also one of these companies funded a day for mental health awareness in a cynical attempt to humanize themselves and it worked.
they also support the Conservative party which just defunded campus mental health initiatives

and they summarily fired employees who requested time off for mental health

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
ok so why isn't there an option to turn it off in 2019

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Casual Encountess posted:

Russians used a cable

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

indigi posted:

probably for the same reason you can't make phone calls into a banner alert

(apple isn't actually good at figuring out what is useful for most people)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

indigi posted:

read the thread title