Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
So uh, Maddie Gay is going alright

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

drunkill posted:

Its always windy at casey and very hot right now, so yeah they might die.

Disappointing outing for carlton, I don't know why davey is being played forward when since last season we've lost Gillespie-Jones and Danielle Hardiman (to North, they both had a good game) and Maddison Gay to Melbourne. What do we do? take the only remaining backline anchor Davey out and put her forward where the ball wasn't getting to her.

I think north will be finalist and probably grand finalists given the list they have, it is a really stacked team.

Not having watched the game it seems to be kind of bizarre that carlton are pissing away having Vescio and Harris

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

50m penalties in women's AFL are some kind of bullshit

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

snaeksikn posted:

50m penalties in women's AFL are some kind of bullshit

Hey there be fair it’s not like they’ve had 2 seasons of AFL plus multiple women’s exhibition matches plus the entirety of the state leagues to work this out.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
I'm still pissed the women's don't have a loving proper sized ball.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I've come around on the lady balls. The girls at my club prefer them for the most part, about a 70/30 split. They find them easier to kick and handle. I do note that the better players prefer the mens size ones tho, so maybe it sucks at a professional level but it's better for entry level players (which, imo, is the more important place to win hearts and minds).

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

snaeksikn posted:

Not having watched the game it seems to be kind of bizarre that carlton are pissing away having Vescio and Harris

We have no (established) midfield, can't get the ball to them, double so when Davey was up forward too, where she would normally helping the midfield.

snaeksikn posted:

So uh, Maddie Gay is going alright

I don't know why we traded her. Or at least didn't get a better pick for her... speaking of midfield.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

drunkill posted:

Also 4,896 at North Hobart,

Sweet. Me and my fam made up more than 0.1% of the crowd! Parking was shithouse if you turned up late, but it was a fun game and NOrth Hobart is actually a good venue for 16 a side AFLW, being a smaller ground.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Time to watch some of these games starting with Kangaroos Vs. Blues.

'Roos put in some phenomenal marks and passes, which is drat threatening when they have a frontline full of goal scorers. I'm not experienced enough to say whether the 'Roos are showing a disposal skill or if it's the blues just not threatening where they need to. Carlton's main tactic seems to be arguing with the umpires, which isn't working out for them at all. I don't know if the 'Roos are looking strong, or the Blues weak, or both. I will say that North Melbourne's frontline can definitely get it in the goal, but I have no idea what their midfield are actually capable of because it never looked like they were under threat by the Blues.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Was this new? Or is the thing from months ago that's finally being acknowledged publicly by the media?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Also going through the stats from last years grand final, Collingwood had players with the following first names playing:

Brody
Brodie
Jaidyn
Brayden (x2)
Levi

Truly the most bogan club

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

snaeksikn posted:

Also going through the stats from last years grand final, Collingwood had players with the following first names playing:

Brody
Brodie
Jaidyn
Brayden (x2)
Levi

Truly the most bogan club

As an American I can confirm this isnt solely an Australian disease. Cant wait to inaugurate president Braylan in a few years.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Slone did an ACL yesterday.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

This is hosed and bad and bullshit

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

You need to put a first name in front of this because I nearly had a loving heart attack jfc

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
AFLX teams will nominate a “Gatorade game changer” whose scores count for double in the last five minutes.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snoremac posted:

AFLX teams will nominate a “Gatorade game changer” whose scores count for double in the last five minutes.

There is zero way to tell if you are being serious or not, and who could possibly care enough to look up which is true.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
It’s real and it’s Xtreme
https://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-04/aflx-game-changer-get-ready-for-20point-supergoals

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Are there actual preseason games these days or have they replaced it with this AFLX poo poo?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
There are. The jlt series begin later this month, each club play 2 preseason games. One match per night for 3(?) weeks at suburban and regional grounds.

It kicks off Thursday Feb 28th Carlton v Essendon at Princes Park afaik. Maybe a game on the Wednesday night the day before.

Also, I just saw Warrick Capper at Doncaster.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I think there are a few practice matches but no competition.

Which would be ideal if they scrapped X as well.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Good. At least this way I'll know how poo poo the Saints will be asap and can write them off for the rest of the year if they perform like they did in last years preseason.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

snoremac posted:

No gently caress you this can't be a thing, this is just a prank

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

snoremac posted:

They should just have a small hoop behind each goal that instantly wins a team the match if they can get it through, ala Blernsball. The AFL have created the footy equivalent of Blernsball.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
There is far too much cocaine getting snorted at AFL House at the moment.

Dimestore Merlin
Jul 14, 2007

Obey your Spider-Lord

monolithburger posted:

They should just have a small hoop behind each goal that instantly wins a team the match if they can get it through, ala Blernsball. The AFL have created the footy equivalent of Blernsball.

What if the last five minutes of the match unlocked the multiball multiplier? Just throw out two more balls and let the players go nuts.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Please read the title of the thread, there is no mention of AFLX.

:getout:

A cool fact about the cats game this weekend:

Their first ever game in the VFL, Round 1, 19871897 they scored 3.6 (24)
This weekend their first ever game in the ALFW they scored 3.6 (24)

Teddy Rankin was a player in that inaugural geelong game in the vfl.
His Great Great Granddaughter Georgie Rankin was also a player in their inaugural aflw game.

They both wore #10

drunkill fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Feb 5, 2019

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

snoremac posted:

To be fair, the AFL's new model of "allow some 9 year olds to make up stupid new rules to infuriate fans" is superior to their old model of "allow Kevin Bartlett and Leigh Matthews to make up stupid new rules to infuriate fans".

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

drunkill posted:

Their first ever game in the VFL, Round 1, 1987 they scored 3.6 (24)

poo poo club no history

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

drunkill posted:

Also, I just saw Warrick Capper at Doncaster.

Was he reminiscing about the 80's? You know, his long blond locks.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I heard that a player can be nominated Maxibon Maxxx Out and he can throw the ball and doesn’t have to handpass or kick it

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The designated “Dominos Dirty Doggg” will be given a giant paddle with which he can swat away opposition shots at goal

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

ewe2 posted:

Was he reminiscing about the 80's? You know, his long blond locks.

”Warwick Capper” posted:

I was the biggest thing on the footy field!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Do you have to nominate the bloke who scores double points before the game? Is it the same guy for each game or can you change it?

These things are important to the integrity of AFLX, (and Gatorade, the thirst quencher.)

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The

BrigadierSensible posted:

Do you have to nominate the bloke who scores double points before the game? Is it the same guy for each game or can you change it?

These things are important to the integrity of AFLX, (and Gatorade, the thirst quencher.)

The game stops temporarily so the Gatorade Game Changer can be nominated

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Each team should also have a sleeper cell on the opposing team who activates at the same time.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
We all know this is the real form of football, not some stupid AFLX thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfqsp2Ntz9o

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

snoremac posted:

Each team should also have a sleeper cell on the opposing team who activates at the same time.

Luke Hodge: It’s me, Rampage! It was me all along!

Bruce: Aw son of a bitch!

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

snoremac posted:

Finally, a suggestion I can get behind :3:

every single one of them is an ex-Crows player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
I never realised how weird Cow Dude’s neck is. It’s like Jordan Silk, but muscular