Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

That's his shtick to a T and why his most ardent supporters & readers are failed writers who studied Literature in college because they assumed they'd become a college professor at some point.

Hey, PYF comics thread, what the gently caress is Comicsgate? I'm assuming it's bad because Ian Michaels Cheong has feelings about it.

Marvel ruined comics with their 'women' and 'minorities.' it's all a scam to disenfranchise white men who don't actually read comics but love to complain about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Hey, PYF comics thread, what the gently caress is Comicsgate? I'm assuming it's bad because Ian Michaels Cheong has feelings about it.

Ethan Van Sciver and a youtube channel called Diversity & Comics yell a lot about how SJWs are ruining comics because of the comics industry changing to be more inclusive. Then a neonazi grifter shows up and raises money for a comic that looks like this:

:woop:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

That's his shtick to a T and why his most ardent supporters & readers are failed writers who studied Literature in college because they assumed they'd become a college professor at some point.

In a nutshell all the rightwinger gamergate types are mad that mainstream comics in the last few years have featured more diversity and liberal ideals, completely ignoring that this has always been a thing in comics, because they can't handle the idea that nerdy fandom things aren't just for them, as that would mean their nerd interests aren't why people don't like them, it's because they're unlikable goblins.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Basically a bunch of reactionary nutbars saw gamergate, said 'Hey, we could apply this to comics!' and were told to gently caress off by pretty much everyone.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Cool I saw something about a dude tracing over a dead artist's work and then burning the finished piece while making a holocaust joke so assumed I wasn't missing much of anything.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
fffff..trying again

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
dammit

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Choco1980 posted:

In a nutshell all the rightwinger gamergate types are mad that mainstream comics in the last few years have featured more diversity and liberal ideals, completely ignoring that this has always been a thing in comics, because they can't handle the idea that nerdy fandom things aren't just for them, as that would mean their nerd interests aren't why people don't like them, it's because they're unlikable goblins.

rightwingers need to pretend to be persecuted to exist. It's probably because they are the least persecuted people in the world and they can't just accept there is something left that they don't own.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Better own myself then. drat libs can't do anything right.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

All dogs are good.

Seals are sea dogs.

Therefore, all seals are good.

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs
Ronnie bringing the deep thoughts.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Chitin posted:

See, that's actually my least favorite bit because I feel like way too much of Gaiman's writing is just "See that reference I just made? I was very clever for making it, and you are very clever for getting it." :smug:

Gaiman = Moore.

e: I read a collection of novellas by Gaiman a few years ago and it was OK I guess.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 13:38 on Feb 5, 2019

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-KKYgmtqqg

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Pull up thread! PULL UP!

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Oh poo poo, I never realised that was Beartato's mouth! I thought he just wore an elizibethan ruff thingy for some reason. I mean, it's obvious now I've seen it, but... but... I think I preferred it as a ruff...

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

just, really awful

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

boar guy posted:

just, really awful

I saw it and now you all have to as well. :colbert:

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

boar guy posted:

just, really awful

Don’t sign your posts /turn on your monitor.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

lofi posted:

Oh poo poo, I never realised that was Beartato's mouth! I thought he just wore an elizibethan ruff thingy for some reason. I mean, it's obvious now I've seen it, but... but... I think I preferred it as a ruff...

Your dumb

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
Sorry that was rude pretend I posted whatever the new Nancy is today instead cheers

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

lofi posted:

Wow. That really changes the character to look at him like that.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Just fix the drat thing and keep my private life out of it, okay, pal?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
this was cool as hell, thanks

Game Overman
May 23, 2004
under the radar

Hey! They made comics. How 'bout that?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

"Oh this? It's just ice cream."

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

This just seems really pretentious and poo poo.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

good dog

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I thought in these circumstances you would never pass up the opportunity to say piiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssss

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

ArtIsResistance posted:

Sorry that was rude pretend I posted whatever the new Nancy is today instead cheers

I love an excuse to post new Nancy.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Karate Bastard posted:

I thought in these circumstances you would never pass up the opportunity to say piiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssss

:piss:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY

BOTTOM TEXT

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Is this actually a comic? I'm not being sarcastic I actually want to know if there is some sort of plot or point because it seems like just a random series of images.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

rodbeard posted:

Is this actually a comic? I'm not being sarcastic I actually want to know if there is some sort of plot or point because it seems like just a random series of images.

https://www.patreon.com/mimi_n

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

It seems to be one of those "im 14 and this is deep" platitude generators.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Doomsayer posted:

It seems to be one of those "im 14 and this is deep" platitude generators.

It seems to be made to illustrate exactly that feeling and is probably targeted at exactly that demographic so it's actually pretty good for what it is

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I like the color palette :shobon:

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

Heath posted:

It seems to be made to illustrate exactly that feeling and is probably targeted at exactly that demographic so it's actually pretty good for what it is

Oh yeah sorry, to be clear I actually quite like them as someone who works in mental health with kids (and teenagers, specifically). They're visually interesting and have good topics, but if you're an adult who's already familiar with mental health care and whatnot it might seem shallow. And looking at the Patreon page it's... yeah, because it's for kids :downs:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Something specifically made for kids is still less infantile than Zen Pencils.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

I like them. :colbert: