Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I sit at the tables so lonely people can talk to me if they choose to do so (this has happened to me twice).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

When I went to Hawaii with my family, we went to Costco for lunch on the first day, we sat at the tables. I was very aggravated, because we were in loving Hawaii and eating Costco pizza.

Costco is always our first stop in Hawaii. Stay in a place with a kitchen and load up on poke and booze to stock it.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I've noticed a lot of bad hombres coming to the Costco since the Sam's Club here shut down. They're terrible characters and I fear they're going to degrade the quality of my Costco, it's bad enough already with the sample eaters. Is there a way we can build some sort of a anti-Sam's Club wall and not let people in if they ever belonged to Sam's Club? Or at least force them to go to BJ's?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Just pouch a dog and then snack on it at your leisure while waiting for the primo samples.

Also have there ever been a substance discovered that is hotter than the costco chicken strips fresh from the counter? My head almost caught fire once when I bit into one.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

priznat posted:

Just pouch a dog and then snack on it at your leisure while waiting for the primo samples.

Also have there ever been a substance discovered that is hotter than the costco chicken strips fresh from the counter? My head almost caught fire once when I bit into one.

In Hawaii they have this substance called Lava, I hear it may be hotter and also that they make floors out of it.

Also your food court has Chicken Strips????

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Trastion posted:

Also your food court has Chicken Strips????

This. Need details and photos.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

flashy_mcflash posted:

There was one time about two years ago when I was there in the middle of the day and almost all the tables were empty. I ate at the tables and got three refills on that day, and still remember it fondly. PBUC

:allbuttons:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

priznat posted:

Chicken Strips? The only chicken mine has are the cold pieces in the chicken Caesar salad.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Are chicken strips rare? Both of the Costcos near me have chicken strips and wings.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Whoa you guys don’t? This is in (western) Canada, we have a chicken strips and fries combo which is a great deal as they are 5 big strips and a-heap o fries. They come out of the fryer insanely hot though so beware.

For a while we had roast beef sandwiches too but they sucked. Not sure if those are still there, they were the terrible pillar’s brand roast beef (super processed tasting) on a cibatta bun and would languish under heat lamps until someone ordered one. They also tried burgers and they were decent but I guess the trial didn’t continue.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

I go to Costco with my wife and two little kids, and we usually eat there at a table. We have to have a table with an umbrella though, even though it's indoors. My 4yo demands it.

like $7-8 for all of us to eat, it's great.

Edit: Michigan here, no chicken strips.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Iron Crowned posted:

When I went to Hawaii with my family, we went to Costco for lunch on the first day, we sat at the tables. I was very aggravated, because we were in loving Hawaii and eating Costco pizza.

Hah. When I was in Junior High I had a GIANT crush on this one girl at my school (we live in CA). My parents took me to Hawaii and we were eating in the Hawaii Costco and we not only saw that exact girl in Hawaiian Costco, she was in a bikini and it was basically the best day of my young life. Looking back, that was an insanely weird coincidence.

Anyways that's my Hawaii Costco story. The Lord provides. PBUC.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Taima posted:

Hah. When I was in Junior High I had a GIANT crush on this one girl at my school (we live in CA). My parents took me to Hawaii and we were eating in the Hawaii Costco and we not only saw that exact girl in Hawaiian Costco, she was in a bikini and it was basically the best day of my young life.

gently caress yah

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

im in knoxville and i can't bring myself to eat next to the people that you'd imagine are eating hot dogs in a costco in tennessee

like i immediately lose my appetite. just a massive, writhing sea of orange.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Taima posted:

Hah. When I was in Junior High I had a GIANT crush on this one girl at my school (we live in CA). My parents took me to Hawaii and we were eating in the Hawaii Costco and we not only saw that exact girl in Hawaiian Costco, she was in a bikini and it was basically the best day of my young life. Looking back, that was an insanely weird coincidence.

Jackin it in the tire center

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Pretty much dude. poo poo's crazy with those junior high hormones.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Easiest trick if you have to bring your kids and nephew to Costco is to call ahead, get a pepperoni pizza to go, and let them go to town when you get there.

Mine prefer the food court version to the take and bake version, but letting them share a large $10 pizza lessens the cries for samples and is a hell of a lot cheaper than Mickey Ds.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Phylodox posted:

Are chicken strips rare? Both of the Costcos near me have chicken strips and wings.

What the gently caress wings???

This is unbelievable. I want some Costco wings. I’d be so fat.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Mine prefer the food court version to the take and bake version, but letting them share a large $10 pizza lessens the cries for samples and is a hell of a lot cheaper than Mickey Ds.

The take and bake pizza used to be better than the food court pizza, but they totally hosed it up at some point with a new version that wasn't nearly as good.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Taima posted:

The take and bake pizza used to be better than the food court pizza, but they totally hosed it up at some point with a new version that wasn't nearly as good.

They hosed up both of them IMO and they got rid of the polish dog?? I mean Costco is still amazing but they do drop a few fractions of a point for those two things.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

fuckin' shareholders

naem
May 29, 2011

the lord giveth, and the lord taketh away..

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Costco pizza does a number on my GI system, I’ve learned my lesson :negative:

In store or take and bake, yikes.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Order a pizza to go. Buy a slice of pizza while you wait. Get pizza you ordered. Eat it by yourself at table again.

VanguardFelix
Oct 10, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Order a pizza to go. Buy a slice of pizza while you wait. Get pizza you ordered. Eat it by yourself at table again.

Who are you and why are you following me around church?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

priznat posted:

The shepherds pie is about the only thing as hot and scalding. I've burned the poo poo out of my mouth on both of them, and I end up doing it again the next time I eat one.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Judging by foodcourtchat, Canadian Costco sounds like the promised land.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Hypnolobster posted:

Has anyone mentioned poutine yet? Because that’s in Canadian costcos too. It’s pretty drat good and normally I’m not a poutine fan.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hypnolobster posted:

What what the hell Shepard’s pie too? I feel like we are getting the shaft here

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

priznat posted:

Has anyone mentioned poutine yet? Because that’s in Canadian costcos too. It’s pretty drat good and normally I’m not a poutine fan.

I’m actually not a fan of Costco’s poutines. They use the crispy fries. For a real poutine you need those real patates frites, like the kind you get from a guy named Serge in a stained wife beater with a chronic smoker’s cough, selling them out of an old bus on the side of a highway.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
Every time I see Costco trying out some dumb new food in the food court (Cheeseburgers, sandwiches, etc.) I just think of how much easier it would've been to bring back the polish dog :(

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

VanguardFelix posted:

Who are you and why are you following me around church?

I like your style, kid

*goes back for a 4th refill*

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Shepard's pie and poutine? *faints*

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Costco

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

I shop there.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Phylodox posted:

I’m actually not a fan of Costco’s poutines. They use the crispy fries. For a real poutine you need those real patates frites, like the kind you get from a guy named Serge in a stained wife beater with a chronic smoker’s cough, selling them out of an old bus on the side of a highway.

I normally don’t like the poutine with those fries but the costco poutine with the crispy fries is extremely my jam. Soooo much cheese curds too, I love it.

drat I gotta go have some this week now.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Phylodox posted:

I have been to Canada, unfortunately didn't have poutine at the time but I am very confused by this post because patates frites just means french fries...

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Taima posted:

I have been to Canada, unfortunately didn't have poutine at the time but I am very confused by this post because patates frites just means french fries...

Yes, but with a joual accent. From a proper pataterie.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

I'm interested, I just don't have the experience to see what you mean. Like, I love cooking. I want to see what you see man.

I've made a few fries in my day but I tend to focus on East Asian cooking of various types, in which there is no real comparison to what you're explaining. I do very little french cooking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Real poutine fries should be golden brown, still have the potato skin on them, be basically thirty seconds from just being mashed potatoes, and contain your entire lifetime supply of grease.