Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm still waiting for the boundary break discoveries of where Mr. X clomps around and if there's actually teleportation fuckery going on. I'd really love footage that follows just Mr. X around for a cycle to see where he stalks and how long it takes him to find someone who's like, just chilling on the roof. I've hidden in a corner of one of the main hall rooms before and heard/saw him go to a handful of other locations first but he always eventually got to me.

I don't doubt that as soon as you start firing your gun, he will get placed closer to your proximity by the game director.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

DLC Inc posted:

I'm still waiting for the boundary break discoveries of where Mr. X clomps around and if there's actually teleportation fuckery going on. I'd really love footage that follows just Mr. X around for a cycle to see where he stalks and how long it takes him to find someone who's like, just chilling on the roof. I've hidden in a corner of one of the main hall rooms before and heard/saw him go to a handful of other locations first but he always eventually got to me.

I don't doubt that as soon as you start firing your gun, he will get placed closer to your proximity by the game director.

There is, one streamer had two Mr. Xs chase him around when it bugged out.

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Feb 5, 2019

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Several pages ago I asked if anyone had a quick written guide for all parts of the RPD so I didn't forget anything when trying to S ranks. Some goons gave me some good starting points and using that as a base I made my own for Claire A:

1. Go to police station and run through east hall for notebook.
2. Cut tape and run down hall to operations room.
3. Run past darkroom all the way up stairs for spade key.
4. Go thru storage room to library, go to lounge and grab medallion (fish/scorpion/vase), grab the book on way out of library into hall.
5. Run upstairs east to art room for weapon card and gem.
6. Keep going outside to fire escape for bolt cutter.
7. Run into east office for electric piece (middle desk) and valve turner (little office)
8. Go west office and grab the hip pouch from little office and the weapon mod from Leon's desk, then grab the GR from weapons locker.
9. Go upstairs and fix valve, then go to STARS room for battery.
10. Walk slowly there's a LICKER! out to main hall.
11. Run through the zombie hall (they're everywhere now) to operations room for detonator.
12. Library->west storage->medallion (Woman-bow-snake). Fight the dumb licker and don't forget about the zombie too.
13. Grab last medallion in hall (Lion-branch-bird)
14. Go through passage to BOSS FIGHT!
15. Grab box from firing range, get diamond key from morgue, gotta kill lickers.
16. Go to Chief's elevator, then grab heart key.
17. Run downstairs for bejeweled box, licker can be ignored.
18. Run upstairs for gear and battery #1.
19. STARS room for SMG.
20. Records room for crank.
21. Library shelves->clock tower->chief's room for sherry section.

I chose Claire because I like skipping the jail and the easier route from the garage to RPD. I won't like it when I see the sparkshot instead of flamethrower.

Screwed up a few times and still got to the Sherry part in about 50 minutes. I need to up my game for hardcore though, I got bit by too many zombies. I had plenty of ammo, but I just kept running by things and getting grabbed.

I also don't understand lickers. Why does the one in the kennel you shoot first die in one flame round but the 2nd takes a flame round and two clips to the face??? Do they take more damage when unawares?

The kennel feels like another part that assumes you played Leon first. You need to see his version to make the play-on-expectations of Claire's version work. I kind of wish they did make the effort to make both character's paths make sense since that one is clearly Leon got there first and Claire sees the aftermath.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

yeah I did see that which is wild but I just want someone to hack the camera controls so we can follow the big lug around and see where he's at when I'm far away from him, gauge the reactions of the enemy when gunshots go off

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

ultrachrist posted:

I also don't understand lickers. Why does the one in the kennel you shoot first die in one flame round but the 2nd takes a flame round and two clips to the face??? Do they take more damage when unawares?

I think they only die in one shot if they sit in the fire afterwards.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

MMF Freeway posted:

I think they only die in one shot if they sit in the fire afterwards.

That could be it. I wonder if you shoot the one on the floor on your way to the morgue and sprint out of the room, will there still be 2 on the way back? Because if there's only 1, it's either on the floor and 1 shottable or not on the floor and you can walk by.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Blight Runner posted:

I wonder if it is worth having the circuit breakers on their too. Not a hard puzzle but I'm sure it cost someone some precious seconds. Thanks just the same!
The circuit breaker is really easy to remember though, it's simply "Start at left most button and go right, and press every button you move unto, switching direction when you hit a dead end". It's a perfect analogy for RE - not only does it feature rubbing against everything you encounter, you even have to backtrack! Plus inputting the correct solution is real smooth, like it's second nature, showcasing the dichotomy of the novice vs. the experienced player.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

ultrachrist posted:

Several pages ago I asked if anyone had a quick written guide for all parts of the RPD so I didn't forget anything when trying to S ranks. Some goons gave me some good starting points and using that as a base I made my own for Claire A:

1. Go to police station and run through east hall for notebook.
2. Cut tape and run down hall to operations room.
3. Run past darkroom all the way up stairs for spade key.
4. Go thru storage room to library, go to lounge and grab medallion (fish/scorpion/vase), grab the book on way out of library into hall.
5. Run upstairs east to art room for weapon card and gem.
6. Keep going outside to fire escape for bolt cutter.
7. Run into east office for electric piece (middle desk) and valve turner (little office)
8. Go west office and grab the hip pouch from little office and the weapon mod from Leon's desk, then grab the GR from weapons locker.
9. Go upstairs and fix valve, then go to STARS room for battery.
10. Walk slowly there's a LICKER! out to main hall.
11. Run through the zombie hall (they're everywhere now) to operations room for detonator.
12. Library->west storage->medallion (Woman-bow-snake). Fight the dumb licker and don't forget about the zombie too.
13. Grab last medallion in hall (Lion-branch-bird)
14. Go through passage to BOSS FIGHT!
15. Grab box from firing range, get diamond key from morgue, gotta kill lickers.
16. Go to Chief's elevator, then grab heart key.
17. Run downstairs for bejeweled box, licker can be ignored.
18. Run upstairs for gear and battery #1.
19. STARS room for SMG.
20. Records room for crank.
21. Library shelves->clock tower->chief's room for sherry section.

I chose Claire because I like skipping the jail and the easier route from the garage to RPD. I won't like it when I see the sparkshot instead of flamethrower.

Screwed up a few times and still got to the Sherry part in about 50 minutes. I need to up my game for hardcore though, I got bit by too many zombies. I had plenty of ammo, but I just kept running by things and getting grabbed.

The kennel feels like another part that assumes you played Leon first. You need to see his version to make the play-on-expectations of Claire's version work. I kind of wish they did make the effort to make both character's paths make sense since that one is clearly Leon got there first and Claire sees the aftermath.

Thanks for this man!

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

That streamer was screwing around with more than that, since Irons's shutter is down and he's playing as Claire.

You can see a few weird things here and there if you use a trainer, though. I was screwing around with infinite ammo on 4th Survivor for the sake of catharsis, and there are three separate spawn points where Mr. X will get right back on your case regardless of where he used to be. It does seem like the game's ordinarily coded to only permit one of him, though.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Wanderer posted:

That streamer was screwing around with more than that, since Irons's shutter is down and he's playing as Claire.

You can see a few weird things here and there if you use a trainer, though. I was screwing around with infinite ammo on 4th Survivor for the sake of catharsis, and there are three separate spawn points where Mr. X will get right back on your case regardless of where he used to be. It does seem like the game's ordinarily coded to only permit one of him, though.

I was wondering this because it seems like he just won't spawn sometimes when I go up the west staircase, and it's probably when I had a bad first floor and his first iteration is still close.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Raxivace posted:

Code Veronica X had the infinite item glitch too that even made it as far as the PS3 port. I wouln't be surprised if it was still in the PS4 version as well.

I played a ton of Code Veronica when it came out on the Dreamcast.
I spent months trying to S rank all the characters on Battle Mode. I never could do it for anyone but Wesker. (You had to just finish Weskers run to get him to S rank. The other characters were all about clear time.)

Then around Christmas I read a wiki and found out that the Dreamcast port of CV in Europe ran at 50hz not 60hz. But the time for getting S rank was based on going at 60hz and essentially impossible for European players to achieve.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/1092838704824016897

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Do I need to complete a playthrough after finding all the raccoons?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Agoat posted:

Do I need to complete a playthrough after finding all the raccoons?

As soon as I got the last raccoon, I checked the records page and it deposited the knife in my item box right away.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Fhqwhgads posted:

As soon as I got the last raccoon, I checked the records page and it deposited the knife in my item box right away.

Awesome. I'm gonna unlock it before I start working on my S+ runs.

Also has anyone done a run without the item box? How'd that work out?

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

Agoat posted:

Awesome. I'm gonna unlock it before I start working on my S+ runs.

Also has anyone done a run without the item box? How'd that work out?

I ran mine on assisted and didn't use healing items. It was uh..something :shepface: I stunned everything I could but usually spent the game in orange caution. Definitely used my grenades during boss fights to open up some breathing space. If you're just doing no itembox, I'm sure you'll have an easier time since healing is an option. Just remember to use the key items at all available locations so you can discard it. T-bar valve didn't get used up during my first few runs, but that time I sure as hell backtracked until I found the last use point coz I needed that sweet inventory space.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

You fight so few of those G-Adults in the sewer in the game but even so they're a big pain in the rear end. Here's a bit of info to help with them:

Their big grab attack isn't an instant kill. It totally looks like it will be, but instead of eating you or crushing your head, they just spew poison in your face which poisons you and does a little bit of damage.

As far as I can tell, poison doesn't do damage over time. It just obscures your actual health, affects your movement speed, and messes with your aiming. I've run around for 5 minutes or so without dying to the poison so if I'm wrong and it does continually damage you, it's VERY slow.

Their grab attack can be countered with knives or grenades. Just like other enemies, you'll lose the knife if you don't kill them to retrieve it.

If you have the buff from a Red+Blue herb combo, you are IMMUNE to the poison from their grab attack. The poison spew will still do a small amount of damage but while you have the damage resist buff, you will not get poisoned.

There's one at a point that you can see in the water where you can pop them once to trigger their emerge from the water animation and run by during it. This doesn't work on the first one in the long trash room on the way to the Queen and King pieces in my experience though.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

no item box sucks because you're juggling a million guns. But it's not too bad if you make sure to use up all the keys, the t-bar doors, and the signal modifier circuits.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Some of you might be interested in this

http://residentevilmodding.boards.net/thread/10117/manual-flashlight-keybind

Mod lets you bind a key to turn the flashlight on and off

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

G-Adult's grab attack CAN kill you, and the death is a little unsettling.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

SettingSun posted:

It's almost as brutal as the Plant zombie one.

Jolo posted:

You fight so few of those G-Adults in the sewer in the game but even so they're a big pain in the rear end. Here's a bit of info to help with them:

Their big grab attack isn't an instant kill. It totally looks like it will be, but instead of eating you or crushing your head, they just spew poison in your face which poisons you and does a little bit of damage.

As far as I can tell, poison doesn't do damage over time. It just obscures your actual health, affects your movement speed, and messes with your aiming. I've run around for 5 minutes or so without dying to the poison so if I'm wrong and it does continually damage you, it's VERY slow.

Their grab attack can be countered with knives or grenades. Just like other enemies, you'll lose the knife if you don't kill them to retrieve it.

If you have the buff from a Red+Blue herb combo, you are IMMUNE to the poison from their grab attack. The poison spew will still do a small amount of damage but while you have the damage resist buff, you will not get poisoned.

There's one at a point that you can see in the water where you can pop them once to trigger their emerge from the water animation and run by during it. This doesn't work on the first one in the long trash room on the way to the Queen and King pieces in my experience though.

If they are on fire, it interrupts their grab animation, which keeps you from getting grabbed, so never be afraid to use some flame rounds or the flamethrower on them if they are blocking you

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

DLC Inc posted:

There does seem to be a line of sight requirement for Mr X as well. There’s been a few times such as in the hall or library where I’ve been in very close proximity to him but he didn’t detect me and left to search elsewhere. In all these instances he had no line of sight and I was making no noise.

There’s also been some instances where I’ve had to fire my weapon several times and immediately put as much distance between me and where I fired shots as quick as possible and he never showed up.

Compare this to Alien Isolation (a game I’m very fond of) and with that it seemed any kind of noise would attract the xenomorph’s attention, and could find and kill you regardless of how well hidden you was.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

SettingSun posted:

Yeah, I think if you're in danger you get the whole gnarly death animation. I just wanted to point out that it's not instant immediate death like another enemy's grab attack.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

so I preordered the deluxe game from Best Buy.

Was I supposed to get a second code for the extra Samurai Edge models? Was that a code I'd get after picking up the game or before?

My girlfriend works at best buy corporate and basically yes, email best buy support and they can get you the missing code.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Lord Ludikrous posted:

There does seem to be a line of sight requirement for Mr X as well. There’s been a few times such as in the hall or library where I’ve been in very close proximity to him but he didn’t detect me and left to search elsewhere. In all these instances he had no line of sight and I was making no noise.

There’s also been some instances where I’ve had to fire my weapon several times and immediately put as much distance between me and where I fired shots as quick as possible and he never showed up.

Compare this to Alien Isolation (a game I’m very fond of) and with that it seemed any kind of noise would attract the xenomorph’s attention, and could find and kill you regardless of how well hidden you was.

The difference between the two regarding sound is that Mr X seemingly doesn't give a flying gently caress about any sort of noise, unless you're the source of it (smashed windows and screeching Lickers apparently don't draw him in from what I can tell). Even when he does show up, he soon gets bored of investigating the area and wanders away into the surrounding rooms and corridors if you're not there to be seen. In Isolation, other survivors and whatnot are bumbling around being noisy dickheads, immediately getting the worst attention before you can even make a mistake of your own but then leaving you to deal with terrible situations against a far more persistent creature which is also impossible to outrun.

It's fair enough really, the RPD is a hell of a lot smaller than Sevastopol so I wouldn't want Mr X to be anywhere near as thorough as the Xenomorph when searching.

Also, nowhere is safe in Isolation :v:

Edit:
Picture wouldn't load whatever here it is.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Feb 5, 2019

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
All I can do in this now is load the game up, run and do something real quick then I gotta turn it off again. That tyrant is too scary! And it's not about his damage. The worst thing was I managed to lose him and now it's worse than before cause he's not at arms length. Now because of this I've forgotten what I was even doing. I was getting these power things for the jail cell and I think I have to go up higher in the station. But I think I screwed up by going down that broken ladder first and now I think I'll have to go back to that area and I'm just gonna hear those footsteps again.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

YOOOOOOOOOO doing a hardcore run and I had absolutely no clue that zombies in the police station can crawl across the desks in the East Office :stare: oh gently caress

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Uhh, did anyone else's game just fail to launch today? It just shows a 1080p black window and hangs there forever. Verifying my game cache said I have 1 file that failed to validate... and it's 21.5 GB.

What

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Ok not sure what I’m doing wrong but I’ve got 3 rockets, 1 magnum round, 30 Matilda rounds and 400 flamethrower fuel and the Birkin train boss won’t die. All that seems to happen is I shoot him, shoot the eyeball when it appears, run out of ammo and then get instakilled when he hits the end of the train. If I get in closer to use the knife or something he instakills me. Given it’s meant to be a straight forward shoot until it dies fight I feel like I’m missing something really obvious.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Final Birkin is really buggy, I ran into a similar problem and even had it where the game essentially soft-locked where he should have killed me but didn't, but I couldn't kill him. I just chucked all the grenades I had on me when the eye opened up and that did it on like my fourth or fifth try. I was playing Claire B on Easy and I had a full arsenal going sans mini-gun cause I used it all on G4.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Feb 5, 2019

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Ok not sure what I’m doing wrong but I’ve got 3 rockets, 1 magnum round, 30 Matilda rounds and 400 flamethrower fuel and the Birkin train boss won’t die. All that seems to happen is I shoot him, shoot the eyeball when it appears, run out of ammo and then get instakilled when he hits the end of the train. If I get in closer to use the knife or something he instakills me. Given it’s meant to be a straight forward shoot until it dies fight I feel like I’m missing something really obvious.

Don't shoot until the eyeball appears, you can't damage it before then.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Vikar Jerome posted:

this dumb loving planet is weird, what you gonna do, meme some more?
sure, everything you don't like is a meme

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

I took the Albert Samurai Edge in place of the Matilda and held off firing until the eyeball appeared - it was very close but seemed to do the trick. This is despite actually getting less shots in at the eyeball than previous attempts - which makes no sense. A shame because it turned what should have been a thrilling end to a story into an exercise in frustration.

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

The difference between the two regarding sound is that Mr X seemingly doesn't give a flying gently caress about any sort of noise, unless you're the source of it (smashed windows and screeching Lickers apparently don't draw him in from what I can tell). Even when he does show up, he soon gets bored of investigating the area and wanders away into the surrounding rooms and corridors if you're not there to be seen. In Isolation, other survivors and whatnot are bumbling around being noisy dickheads, immediately getting the worst attention before you can even make a mistake of your own but then leaving you to deal with terrible situations against a far more persistent creature which is also impossible to outrun.

In fairness Mr X and the T-103 range are pretty awesome but a xenomorph is, well, a xenomorph. Bioweapon extraordinaire.

After completing scenario B I’ve decided that Claire and Leon hooked up, adopted Sherry and all lived happily ever after, and no one can convince me otherwise.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
They did, and then Sherry grew up and helped Jake suplex a Mancubus from Doom just as RE6 portrays

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
They did, and then Sherry grew up and helped Jake suplex a Mancubus from Doom just as RE6 portrays

edit: Wow a double post, I haven't had that happen on SA in years

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Leon is too oblivious to ever realize that Claire was completely thirsty for him. He'd prefer to hopelessly pine for years for a woman that would never settle down in a relationship with him.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Man she really is like way thirsty for him in this game too. That scene at the police station side gate is like rom-com levels of awkward flirting.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I’ve been watching some speedruns and they just hang out in the back of the train car until it exposes the giant eyeball and knife it like 3 times. Shooting it during the whole “I’VE GOT MORE BULLETS WHERE THOSE CAME FROM” does nothing, it’s all about the end.

Honestly if they gave you a minigun refill it would be more epic and they wouldn’t have to change anything.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

CJacobs posted:

Man she really is like way thirsty for him in this game too. That scene at the police station side gate is like rom-com levels of awkward flirting.
Even Sherry notices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

CJacobs posted:

I thought it was kind of adorable :3: