Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

hm, now that i've looked at the player list again (and yes i know it's probably not accurate to base things off of that but it's the info i have so!)

we've still got a couple of people who've yet to show up

that's unfortunate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

also i've thought it over and i'm gonna ##vote Soaring Kestrel

that vote on the joke felt real bad

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

chaoslord posted:

rather than just 3 top gut reads can we play marry/f.../kill mason/cop/vig?

GB: This Is The Greatest Thing That Has Ever Been Proposed In Mafia. It Is Superior To Lumpenlists And Is The Only Reasonable Answer To D1 Doldrums. I Will Do This Forever Now.

Mason: Nep-Nep In The Hopes Of Circumventing Their PR And Hearing What They Really Think.

Cop: Humalong, Who Is Active But Not Making Any Content Posts.

Vig: B-Minus Who Is More Quiet Than I Expect Despite Being One Of The Major Points Of Activity Today. (THUNDERDOME).

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

KhediveRex posted:

GB: This Is The Greatest Thing That Has Ever Been Proposed In Mafia. It Is Superior To Lumpenlists And Is The Only Reasonable Answer To D1 Doldrums. I Will Do This Forever Now.

Mason: Nep-Nep In The Hopes Of Circumventing Their PR And Hearing What They Really Think.

Cop: Humalong, Who Is Active But Not Making Any Content Posts.

Vig: B-Minus Who Is More Quiet Than I Expect Despite Being One Of The Major Points Of Activity Today. (THUNDERDOME).

https://twitter.com/DanxDeathcore/status/963618258971758594

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Bee are you town?

Yep lol. Tobbs are you a lie detector or scum

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Asiina posted:

You can, it's just a mistake on GX's part.

I've PM'd her like 10 goddamn times about it.

OMGVBFLOL slowly shakes his head side to side and gives a thumbs-down.

Epsilon Plus posted:

I don't think GX has made a single mistake in this setup

OMGVBFLOL nods and points at GeneX.

GeneX posted:

:siren: To clarify: right now, votefinder is accurate, though nep-nep is the anonymous vote; I was too lazy to hunt through the BBCode to change that one line, and the site doesn't let me directly choose him as a voter.

As soon as the voting list ceases to be accurate — or more precisely, as soon as I realize it has ceased to be accurate — I'll post an actually correct votal.
:siren:

OMGVBFLOL crosses his arms and frowns. He makes eye contact with Asiina and sweeps his arms out wide to his sides. He shrugs for emphasis and continues staring at Asiina.

Kashuno posted:

Hello

Friends

Do not vote Asiina

I wish to make her

GUN

OMGVBFLOL raises one eyebrow, lowers his arms and crosses them, and starts idly tapping his foot as he thinks.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

b-minus1 posted:

Yep lol. Tobbs are you a lie detector or scum

:frog:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Tobbs Gnawed (4): Tobbs Gnawed, Mr. Humalong, KhediveRex, KhediveRex, KhediveRex, OMGVBFLOL
b-minus1 (3): Rhjamiz, chaoslord, Anonymous
Soaring Kestrel (1): Chic Trombone
Chic Trombone (1): Kashuno
Kashuno (1): b-minus1
OMGVBFLOL (0): Soaring Kestrel, Soaring Kestrel
KhediveRex (0): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong
xiw (0): Chic Trombone, b-minus1, b-minus1, Chic Trombone

Not Voting (7): A Sometimes Food, Azurelana, Epsilon Plus, peramene, Snooze Cruise, Soaring Kestrel, xiw

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 06th, 2019 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 6 hours.

The vote count is currently accurate, besides Nep-Neo being the anonymous vote.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

I'm not kidding. I had a dream that we were playing this mafia game in real life in a field, but it was just nonsense and people were running around being idiots.

Then I kissed a boy I liked, but it wasn't any of you, sorry.

boring dream, it sucks, also that boy was satan, and you are going to hell

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

I'm not kidding. I had a dream that we were playing this mafia game in real life in a field, but it was just nonsense and people were running around being idiots.

Snooze Cruise posted:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Hm

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

it's GA, GA you ignorant lout, augh

also for cop/mason/vig, are we saying who we think is those roles or who we'd target if we had those roles?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

While looking at Kashuno, OMGVBFLOL points at Asiina, then gives a palms-up shrug with eyes wide open to Kashuno. He stares expectantly at Kashuno.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

can people take a look at the soaring kestrel thing i mentioned, because i really do think that post was weird and scummy

thanks

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Chic Trombone posted:

can people take a look at the soaring kestrel thing i mentioned, because i really do think that post was weird and scummy

thanks

Bryant McGill posted:

I see people everywhere disagreeing, who actually agree with each-other, but cannot see that they agree.

##vote Soaring Kestrel

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I like this mason cop vig idea

Mason probably one of the two more incomprehensible PR's in OMG or Nep-Nep, just to get a better read of what's going on
Cop Asiina because I don't quite get her repeated insistence on player state being incorrect in the context of GX confirming Votefinder being correct
Vig slord, because he proposed playing this game but he has a mason for social reasons and a vig for social reasons. I don't like that!

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Chic Trombone posted:

also i've thought it over and i'm gonna ##vote Soaring Kestrel

that vote on the joke felt real bad

i genuinely didn't see it! :(

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Snooze Cruise posted:

Remember that time I had a dream that you were scum and then you were scum.

That was a good game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
And I don't know what to tell you, friends. GX isn't answering any of my PMs, so I'm thinking something is happening to me that she's just not going to answer, because there's nothing in my role PM about not being in the player list.

Maybe ask her yourselves, I don't know.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
I'd probably mason podima to see if it works on the dead.

I'd cop chic because they've posted a stack, it reads townie, but if I could eliminate that doubt it'd be much much easier for me to read the game.

I'd vig OMGVBFLOL because man that's an annoying PR to read and I don't have better options.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
im going to assume anyone posting in the thread is alive or at least part of the game in some way. i also think we should only vote players that show up in votefinder, at least for d1

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I mean, if you insist. :shrug:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

Remember that time I had a dream that you were scum and then you were scum.

That was a good game.

no and no

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Asiina, in Mean Girls Mafia posted:

I was running along the beach. It was sunrise and the waves were crashing.

I saw the silhouette of a woman on a horse approaching me. Could this be my true love?

As she got nearer she slowed the steed before she came to a stop before me. It was snooze cruise, shirt billowing, hair flowing.

She leaned down to speak and I craned my neck to hear her secret.

"i'm scum lol" she whispered.

Her horse pooped right there in the sand, and she rode away.

Then I woke up.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
yeah taht is a stupid dream too i am mean now

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

I Had A Dream.

I Was In a Hotel Room Watching Cable Television. There Was No One Else In The Room, But I Was Distractedly Carrying On A Conversation With My Mother.

And In The Dream, I Noticed The Oddity. How Can I Be Talking With Anyone When I'm The Only Person In The Room? I Realized I Was Dreaming.

And Then I Felt The Real World.

I Was Keenly Aware Of Myself, Lying In My Bed, In A State Of Deep But Unsettled Sleep. And I Tried To Wake Myself, But Couldn't. No Matter How Hard I Tried, I Was Just Too Deeply Asleep. I'd Roll. I'd Open A Single Eye. I'd Tell Myself "You've Absolutely Got To Wake Up". And Then I'd Fade. Stumble Back Into The Warm Embrace Of Dream.

And In My Dreams I Was Asleep In Bed, Desperately Trying To Wake Up.

And In The Waking World I Was Asleep In Bed, Desperately Trying To Wake Up.

This Persisted For What Felt Like Hours. UNTIL I COULD NO LONGER DISCERN WHAT WAS REAL AND WHAT WAS DREAM.

I Crawled From Bed On More Than One Occasion. Threw Myself to the Floor and Scurried To The Adjacent Office Chair, Breathing Deeply In Exhaustion. Only To Notice A Spider On My Floor. Which Took Flight And Landed On My Bedspread. And I Noticed The Oddity Of A Flying Spider And Told Myself, "I Am Still Dreaming".

And Then I Was Keenly Aware Of Myself, Lying In My Bed, In A State Of Deep But Unsettled Sleep. And I Tried To Wake Myself, But Couldn't.

I Threw Myself To The Floor And Scurried To The Adjacent Office Chair, Breathing Deeply In Exhaustion. And I Noticed The Hymns Of A Distant Children's Choir. And I Told Myself, "I Am Still Dreaming."

But For The Dozen Times I Fooled Myself Into Thinking I Was Free, For Each There Were A Dozen Struggles Where I Did Not Succeed, Could Not Wake. I Was A Prisoner Of My Dream. And My Dream Wore The Mask Of My Reality. And For Hours I Wondered Who I Was, The Man Fighting In Dream Or The Man Fighting In Bed. It Changed Too Quickly For Me To Be Certain.

And Then I Woke Up. And Pinched Myself For Roughly An Hour. I Stared Into My Mirror, Scurtinizing The Face Inside. Was It The Same Face That I Remembered? I Recited Everything I Could Remember About The Preceeding Day With A Manic Paranoia. How Much Of It Was True? How Much Was A Cruel Illusion?

Finally, I Ate A Banana. And Went Back To Bed.

And For All These Reasons.

##vote Snooze Cruise

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

KhediveRex posted:

##unvote Tobbs

:(

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Dammit Tobbs. I Just Can't Quit You.

##vote Tobbs

Can I Lead A Vote On Snooze And Keep My Vote On Tobbs?

gently caress It. Let's Try.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Asiina posted:

I mean obviously.

As of Pera no mafia we're still all girls by GM mandate.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

KhediveRex posted:

I Had A Dream.

I Was In a Hotel Room Watching Cable Television. There Was No One Else In The Room, But I Was Distractedly Carrying On A Conversation With My Mother.

And In The Dream, I Noticed The Oddity. How Can I Be Talking With Anyone When I'm The Only Person In The Room? I Realized I Was Dreaming.

And Then I Felt The Real World.

I Was Keenly Aware Of Myself, Lying In My Bed, In A State Of Deep But Unsettled Sleep. And I Tried To Wake Myself, But Couldn't. No Matter How Hard I Tried, I Was Just Too Deeply Asleep. I'd Roll. I'd Open A Single Eye. I'd Tell Myself "You've Absolutely Got To Wake Up". And Then I'd Fade. Stumble Back Into The Warm Embrace Of Dream.

And In My Dreams I Was Asleep In Bed, Desperately Trying To Wake Up.

And In The Waking World I Was Asleep In Bed, Desperately Trying To Wake Up.

This Persisted For What Felt Like Hours. UNTIL I COULD NO LONGER DISCERN WHAT WAS REAL AND WHAT WAS DREAM.

I Crawled From Bed On More Than One Occasion. Threw Myself to the Floor and Scurried To The Adjacent Office Chair, Breathing Deeply In Exhaustion. Only To Notice A Spider On My Floor. Which Took Flight And Landed On My Bedspread. And I Noticed The Oddity Of A Flying Spider And Told Myself, "I Am Still Dreaming".

And Then I Was Keenly Aware Of Myself, Lying In My Bed, In A State Of Deep But Unsettled Sleep. And I Tried To Wake Myself, But Couldn't.

I Threw Myself To The Floor And Scurried To The Adjacent Office Chair, Breathing Deeply In Exhaustion. And I Noticed The Hymns Of A Distant Children's Choir. And I Told Myself, "I Am Still Dreaming."

But For The Dozen Times I Fooled Myself Into Thinking I Was Free, For Each There Were A Dozen Struggles Where I Did Not Succeed, Could Not Wake. I Was A Prisoner Of My Dream. And My Dream Wore The Mask Of My Reality. And For Hours I Wondered Who I Was, The Man Fighting In Dream Or The Man Fighting In Bed. It Changed Too Quickly For Me To Be Certain.

And Then I Woke Up. And Pinched Myself For Roughly An Hour. I Stared Into My Mirror, Scurtinizing The Face Inside. Was It The Same Face That I Remembered? I Recited Everything I Could Remember About The Preceeding Day With A Manic Paranoia. How Much Of It Was True? How Much Was A Cruel Illusion?

Finally, I Ate A Banana. And Went Back To Bed.

And For All These Reasons.

##vote Snooze Cruise

what the gently caress

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

##vote KhediveRex for no longer maintaining the Homestuck PR

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

(but actually ##unvote that would be silly)

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Just realized I might not be around at deadline, since my Wednesday dnd game wraps up about then. I'll try to check in on my phone but who knows, man

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

also it's 5 am and I'm posting in a mafia game

I feel like that says something about me but I'm not sure what

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

it says you're dedicated to SCUMHUNTING

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

also even though Votefinder clearly can't keel track of all the wizard poo poo needed to make this setup run, can we get the votecount in the first post so I don't have to go to the site to check the deadline?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

....it's there though??

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

just double checked and it is definitely there

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Epsilon Plus posted:

also for cop/mason/vig, are we saying who we think is those roles or who we'd target if we had those roles?

:thunk: hmmmmmmmmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

So does anyone want a mystery thing to happen to them? Quote this post if so.