Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

As someone who has read many and unsuccessfully written a few, that right there is a concentrated effort to get your tweet on the little ticker at the bottom of Raw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

coconono posted:

your enjoyment of wrestling increases 75% if you don't go around policing what other people like. These are facts.

Yeah this thread is funnier when it's people with ridiculous lovely opinions and not dogpiling people for daring to like different wrestling shows.

Anyway here's a guy who dedicates his time to making videos critiquing the way Stardom wrestlers look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P86AmhvDoRY

Obviously they need to be taking makeover advice from this dude

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Is that a rat tail?

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

coconono posted:

Is that a rat tail?

looks to me like a mismanaged business up front and a store-brand soda punch and stale sheet cake "party" in the back

clearly we're in the presence of a modern Adonis, here

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:siren: This thread is NOT the place to have a go at other posters about their opinions, keep to mocking the essentially endless ocean of stupid wrestling fan opinions there are to be found OUTSIDE of SomethingAwful. :siren:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

:siren: This thread is NOT the place to have a go at other posters about their opinions, keep to mocking the essentially endless ocean of stupid wrestling fan opinions there are to be found OUTSIDE of SomethingAwful. :siren:

That's on me, sorry hoss. :shobon:

Won't happen again. In this thread anyway. :haw:

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

ok but who would win in a shoot fight: Jerusalem or uhhhhh Shuji Ishikawa

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Venomous posted:

ok but who would win in a shoot fight: Jerusalem or uhhhhh Shuji Ishikawa

Shuji is a big cuddly teddy bear in real life. Jerusalem would smash him and he wouldn't fight back.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/YesYesYesonSC/status/1090615127857135617?s=19

RIP NJPW, couldn't handle losing Dustin and Greg.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Truly irreplaceable talents smh, rip Justin and Craig

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

They lost Prince Devitt? They're loving toast :fork:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
As much as I love Best Friends and think New Japan left a lot of lost potential on the table, this uh ... this ain't exactly a "Nash and Hall to WCW" level jump.

Benne fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jan 31, 2019

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Can't help but think of Chuck's (of course long-since deleted) tweet to Daniel Bryan

quote:

Hey @WWEDanielBryan I'm in Ring Of Honor and New Japan now and I'm PWG champion too, the indies have really gone to poo poo brother you gotta come save 'em

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
No Best Friends = No Greg = Rocky falls into a depressive alcoholic coma = Communication between the office and the English speakers has a cataclysmic breakdown = Suzuki rips Chris Charlton's head off in the ring at Dontaku = Chris Jericho puts Sugebayashi in a Liontamer during an investors meeting = westerners banned from New Japan Pro Wrestling = with Dragon Lee banned, Hiromu returns to his home planet = "Punished Skipper" Okada points his boat towards international waters, is never seen again = Tanahashi drops the belt to Flip Gordon in the Kushida mask from WK13, nobody ever figures out he's not Kushida or questions why Kushida's in the company because nobody watches 205 Live = after several years of rock bottom gates, Bushiroad sells to Ibushi Pro Wrestling Institute for pennies on the dollar.

Company's basically already dead.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Wrap it up New Japailures

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

Wrap it up Meijlures

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I will say the state of Gaijin tag teams that could be replacements for Best Friends is pretty uninspiring.

Obviously New Japan has a massive talent roster generally speaking and big picture they will be more than fine.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I would not be at all opposed to them combining their junior tag division and the regular tag division though. The tag division in New Japan is pretty weak even though they have some pretty phenomenal teams.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Yeah and I think a junior tag holding their own against a HW tag seems more believable for some reason

They’re so fast it’s hard to cut the ring off and prevent tags, stuff like that

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rovert posted a man's tweet in the impact thread and then i looked at that man's twitter and there was this on it. on there.

https://twitter.com/loppo3587/status/1091482633387868160

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Don West was actually OK, if not good, towards the end of his TNA announcing gig :colbert:

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/NitoJUMPOFF/status/1092886978692112384?s=19

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jordin Sparks is a bigger name than Elvis. Was Elvis ever on American Idol, the highest rated music show? Thought not. Wrap it up, Sheltzer.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I saw some of this yesterday and it blew me away. I love Rey, I think Rey is legit one of the best wrestlers of all time. But he isn't even close to as big a star as Santo was.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I mean... it depends on what you mean by popularity really. Is Rey as beloved in Mexico or Latin America as Santo was? Absolutely not. Is Rey better known outside of N. America than Santo was? Yes, he is. But that says more about the homogenization of wrestling than anything else.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

When people start building religious shrines to Rey, then we can have this discussion

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Santo's had shrines in his honor, statues (as in multiple) erected in tribute to him including the famous one in his hometown, one of the biggest public funerals in Mexico history, a legit movie career including one of his films being a major box office success in his home country and a cult classic that wound up being its own episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 in America, and Google made a special Google Doodle logo change on the anniversary of his birth one time

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Never mind that Latin America is roughly a third of the planet’s population or whatever the factoid was when I took Spanish in high school.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Chris James 2 posted:

a cult classic that wound up being its own episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 in America

So the question must be asked, was El Santo or Zap Rowsdower a more important cultural icon?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Rowsdower, but only in Canada

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
People bringing up that Rey is more famous internationally is so silly since Mil Mascaras was a bigger star internationally than Rey. Rey is awesome but there's no way this works out for him.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Rowsdower, but only in Canada

I thought El Santo was bigger in Qubec, at least until the collapse of the independence movement.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Who are the Mt Rushmore of Lucha Libre? El Santo, Blue Demon, Mil Mascaras and...?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Tito Santana

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

tiger mask

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Who are the Mt Rushmore of Lucha Libre? El Santo, Blue Demon, Mil Mascaras and...?

Even though he died young and while he was still a big star I'll say Solitario and probably think of someone else in 20 minutes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Did Mil Mascaras or Santo ever hold the prestigious WWE World Heavyweight Title? I don't think so. Rey es el rey.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

ciclope

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

Even though he died young and while he was still a big star I'll say Solitario and probably think of someone else in 20 minutes.

Perro jr is probably out of contention

Could probably make a case for Perro Sr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Tough call but I've gotta go with Bryan Alvarez.