Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

infernal machines posted:

just fyi, erlang mosk is now tweeting "stank memes"

if you wondered what a gen-x midlife crisis would look like, here you go

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1091811603442352128
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1091947949578317824

this is also what "we hired fuckjerry to fix Musk's reputation" looks like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:wth:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
XD

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

PleasureKevin posted:

this is also what "we hired fuckjerry to fix Musk's reputation" looks like

pleasurekevin was right

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
guess what incredibly illegal thing tesla is responsible for now

https://twitter.com/Drock002/status/1092907283808305152

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lol that guy has a whoooole lotta libertarian poo poo in his feed and hillary clinton conspiracy stuff

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
tbf, he paid actual money for this car,

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
it looks like a color-changing hotwheel partially submerged in cold or hot water

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it looks like a color-changing hotwheel partially submerged in cold or hot water

Please submerge all model 3s in the ocean

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

that's uncanny

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

tbf, he paid actual money for this car,

Is it blue and black or white and gold??

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Hoshi posted:

Is it blue and black or white and gold??

its poo poo op. mlyp

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

hobbesmaster posted:

I wonder if we can get fishmech to argue a DG is a compass

depends on if its in the arctic circle or not

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

let's not lose sight of the whole "odometer is software writable and resets if the firmware is applied incorrectly" part.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

let's not lose sight of the whole "odometer is software writable and resets if the firmware is applied incorrectly" part.

or even "odometer is rendered by the whole software & hardware stack that could be hacked to show lies to unsophisticated viewers"

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Lord Stimperor posted:

Please submerge all model 3s in the ocean

its legal and feels great

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Why is throwing batteries into the ocean legal, furthermore why is it a meme?

:psyduck:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

given the choice between "the odometer is just a software writable file with a number representing the mileage" and "the odometer is a properly implemented incremental counter with tamper resistance that just happens to somehow display as if it's been reset on the MCU", which do you think is more likely given tesla's amazing legacy of engineering?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Schadenboner posted:

only in philadelphia

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

given the choice between "the odometer is just a software writable file with a number representing the mileage" and "the odometer is a properly implemented incremental counter with tamper resistance that just happens to somehow display as if it's been reset on the MCU", which do you think is more likely given tesla's amazing legacy of engineering?

odometers powered by node.js

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

President Beep posted:

only in philadelphia

greased poles and d cells

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

odometers powered by node.js

the best part is once you get to 9007199254740991 miles you'll never get past it

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

TK-42-1 posted:

greased poles and d cells

enough about your mother

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Schadenboner posted:

a battery fire is a delta class fire since it's a metal fire. the only way to put it out is to smother it or toss it overboard if it happened on a navy ship. the ocean doesn't put out the fire, but it at least saves the ship from further damage.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

a battery fire is a delta class fire since it's a metal fire. the only way to put it out is to smother it or toss it overboard if it happened on a navy ship. the ocean doesn't put out the fire, but it at least saves the ship from further damage.

plus it feels good and is perfectly legal

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Cocoa Crispies posted:

enough about your mother

hey now!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
no one mentioned the god-saviour freed all the tesla patents ?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

the odometer is in a separate, single-use ubuntu vm

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

With this update of the Odometr app:
  • Link your Odometr account to your Apple Watch or Fitbit fitness tracker. If you reach your daily step goal your vehicle's overall mileage will decrease by ten.
  • Link Odometr to your Uber driver account to only accrue half vehicle mileage during price surges.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

mileage tampering, but completely by accident

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

um actually you'll find that whenever you install a system update you're basically getting a whole new car because of the quality and care we put into it so it only makes sense to roll the odometer back :smug:

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

guess what incredibly illegal thing tesla is responsible for now

https://twitter.com/Drock002/status/1092907283808305152

*whooooooosh*

TESLA hosed MY TAXES AND MY CAR

*hsooooooohw*

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

My Linux Rig posted:

*whooooooosh*

TESLA hosed MY TAXES AND MY CAR

*hsooooooohw*

That one weird trick the DOT doesn't want you to know about!

Under penalty of law.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

lancemantis posted:

so greymarket chat how did the military guys I'd see have their Volkswagens from germany in the US work? just another illegal car?

they have to get them modified to be identical to a model sold in the united states, and a letter from the manufacturer stating the modifications have been performed

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

quote:

Yesterday Tesla Inc. director Linda Johnson Rice exercised options on 1,700 shares of Tesla stock at a strike price of $319.57, and then sold the stock at $320 per share, for net proceeds of 43 cents per share, or $731 total. The options would have expired in July 2024.
[...]
Rice did the same thing last month — the exercises and sales are part of an automatic Rule 10b5-1 trading plan that she set up in November

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1188735/000158451819000003/xslF345X03/edgardoc.xml

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-02-06/taking-the-gold-out-of-goldman-sachs

one of tesla's execs is selling all her options at whatever price she can get, month by month.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

least dumbest person in the room

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

they have to get them modified to be identical to a model sold in the united states, and a letter from the manufacturer stating the modifications have been performed

im quite sure there is a ton of cheating on this stuff though

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

this is pretty normal to do although executives usually keep a certain percentage just for optics

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

But it also rarely ends up happening, and I've had quite a few friends bring over cars that are unmodified

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Last Chance posted:

plus it feels good and is perfectly legal