Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

NP2 Tamamo / NP2 Jalter / Support Merlin

That wasn't too bad when you consider this team is essentially immortal.

EDIT: Threw single ticket at the DaVinci banner because why not and walked away with NP3 Liz. Nice.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Feb 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
guh, im at turn 98. im so sick of hearing tamamo's themesong and mash screaming about camels

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lmao anastasia's valentine has her giving you a haunted Viy doll and it fights the mini Cu-Chan while you sleep

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr_gwOZ5StI

Grenades are not melee weapons! :gonk:

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Of course I got her, I have zero caster pieces to ascend her with.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
650~ quartz on JPN without a 5-star. I may have gotten a wee bit tilted.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Voiced Valentines rocks

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My second valentine was Spartacus and I can confirm that voiced valentines are one of the best things to ever happen to this game.

EDIT: I'd completely forgotten that Bunyan just casually mentions Emiya strapping bacon to his feet to slide around on a giant iron grill like he's on ice skates, doing a quintuple axle while helping Bunyan cook pancakes.

Bakanogami fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Feb 6, 2019

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
gacha disaster aside, these voiced valentines scenes are fantastic

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

What makes me a good demoman?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bakanogami posted:

My second valentine was Spartacus and I can confirm that voiced valentines are one of the best things to ever happen to this game.

EDIT: I'd completely forgotten that Bunyan just casually mentions Emiya strapping bacon to his feet to slide around on a giant iron grill like he's on ice skates, doing a quintuple axle while helping Bunyan cook pancakes.

Isn't that a yuri on ice ref as well because Suwabe voices Viktor

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
lmao i like that the part of nightingale that needs the art update most didnt get it

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Battle Nurse is perfect

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

your honour, i would like to present exhibit A, her FA art

i love my 10/10/10 nurse but goddamn

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

plenty of servants have bad fa art imo
if i ever get night i'm keeping her in the third card probably

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

her card arts on a whole are not great

what's wrong with your faaaaaaace

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Clawtopsy posted:

your honour, i would like to present exhibit A, her FA art

Hey, her FA art is the second-best looking picture of her in the game*, don't knock it; it gets so much worse.

*Best is Divine Princess of the Storm. Third place is her April Fools art. Trick or Treatment comes in dead last.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Clawtopsy posted:

her card arts on a whole are not great

what's wrong with your faaaaaaace

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Feb 7, 2019

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

NRVNQSR posted:

*Best is Divine Princess of the Storm. Third place is her April Fools art. Trick or Treatment comes in dead last.

Honestly as art of Nightingale Trick or Treatment is a little weird, but as a dumb meme outfit to use in fanart it's great. I just found a picture of Kiritsugu wearing it looking exactly as dead inside as he always looks and I can't stop laughing.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

legitimate improvement

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

genuinely want historical pictures of the characters to pop up when you use their NP now

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

NRVNQSR posted:

Hey, her FA art is the second-best looking picture of her in the game*, don't knock it; it gets so much worse.

Wrong!!

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Scrounged up another 30 story crystals and got Da Vinci off of her banner.This is some mad luck right here. She seems very much attack/tanks focused, which is nice considering my previous two casters were all about support. She's not going to get any attention until I'm done shoving cards down Waver's throat though.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

someone forgot about nurse lifesaver, even Cursed Arm can't get enough

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Da Vinci is just OK

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Compendium posted:

Da Vinci is just OK
Where I'm at in this game, I'll take any 5* I can get.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Worldwalker_Pure posted:

Honestly as art of Nightingale Trick or Treatment is a little weird, but as a dumb meme outfit to use in fanart it's great. I just found a picture of Kiritsugu wearing it looking exactly as dead inside as he always looks and I can't stop laughing.

You can't post this and then don't share.
I mean, obviously you can but it's a dick move.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if you need a caster to hit things hard, she'll do it. also as a character she's around for a poo poo ton of story so you get a good connection to her.

only reason she'd seem lackluster is that most other SSR offensive casters are a bit more support-minded, have a particular niche, or NPs that are more conducive to looping strategies.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Saber Alter is the top dog in my unit after the immortal 3* Cu, but I actually like to keep her in 1st form more than anything else. I summoned a dark murder tank, and by god I will keep it a dark murder tank.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Shinjobi posted:

Saber Alter is the top dog in my unit after the immortal 3* Cu, but I actually like to keep her in 1st form more than anything else. I summoned a dark murder tank, and by god I will keep it a dark murder tank.

This was basically my main duo during the first year of FGO for me. I haven't used Salter in a while since I reached bond 10 with her and I have other Seiba faces, but she's solid through and through.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Ignoring the newly released Murasaki whose place in the meta I do not yet know, the only AOE SSR Caster that I think is unquestionably above Da Vinci is Summer Nero. 50% NP Charge with a decent number of damage steroids will always be useful.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Nate RFB posted:

Ignoring the newly released Murasaki whose place in the meta I do not yet know, the only AOE SSR Caster that I think is unquestionably above Da Vinci is Summer Nero. 50% NP Charge with a decent number of damage steroids will always be useful.

Anastasia is also better, and is usually my go-to farmer.

Older players will also have Caster Liz who's a np5 caster with mana burst.

edit: You will also get a welfare np5 Sieg before Murasaki, who's really good with a Defense-Before-Damage NP and an np charge.

Tae fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Feb 7, 2019

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That's why I said SSR. Even then I'd still probably take Da Vinci over Liz since the gap between NP1 Da Vinci and NP5 Liz is very small and Da Vinci has that beefy NP charge.

It's a moot point in Roger's case since they started recently and well after the Halloween rerun.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
One of FGO's biggest failings as a game is definitely locking new players out of so many of the welfares once the Event is rerun.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

Pureauthor posted:

One of FGO's biggest failings as a game is definitely locking new players out of so many of the welfares once the Event is rerun.

Agreed. I wish they'd let you buy them from the RP shop or something. Or, honestly, just let you pay something to unlock the event permanently.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Da Vinci gets some points just for being an offensive caster who has an arts NP instead of having 3 arts cards and a buster NP. Makes CE selection and making arts chains a lot easier.

Anastasia doesn't count because I don't have her. And Sieg is the most boring character in the franchise.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Anastasia is really solid, she hits hard and the refund for her NP gauge is really good. Regardless of one's feelings on Sieg, with the right setup, his potential for NP looping is actually pretty fun and good for 3-turning.

My go-to AOE is usually Nitocris or Nightless Caster.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Pureauthor posted:

That really got me, Assassin-wise, until I finally got Jack. A lot of people would say 'just use Shiki.' And that would have been swell, but...

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

da vinci is cool as hell and that makes her s tier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

just use carmilla