Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Jerkface posted:

Folks theres lots of rumors that both jakku AND tatooine will be in ep9. and the title is Star Wars Episode 9: Revenge of the Jimjov

No. That's not true. That's impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

How do you write a Kaiju monster fight movie without monster fight smack downs

you can, just make sure it's monster fight smackdowns and not slave soldier fight smackdowns

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 251 days!

CelticPredator posted:

How do you write a Kaiju monster fight movie without monster fight smack downs

I never said that was what needed to happen.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I got you now.

poolside toaster
Jul 12, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

No. That's not true. That's impossible.

Search your feelings, AndyElusive.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Oh please oh please let there be a teaser trailer tomorrow during the Superb Owl.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Gonz posted:

Oh please oh please let there be a teaser trailer tomorrow during the Superb Owl.

Probably won’t be, with Celebration soon. But I’m hoping I’m wrong, too.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gonz posted:

Sorry, Fast and Furious schlock makes more money than Star Wars movies now, hence why they're showing Hobbs & Shaw instead.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Slutitution posted:

Sorry, Fast and Furious schlock makes more money than Star Wars movies now, hence why they're showing Hobbs & Shaw instead.

Well the F&F is fun and good and definitely doesn’t take it self seriously.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Slutitution posted:

“They” being a completely different production company?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Finally something on the Knights of Ren:

https://makingstarwars.net/2019/02/rumors-speculation-star-wars-episode-ix-and-the-threat-of-the-knights-of-ren/

Not sure what to make of that. The "Beyond" being a stand in name for the Unknown Regions, or something extra-galactic? Returning Sith empire? Really didn't expect this plot angle at this stage, but it could tie back in to the Old Republic Sith in some way I guess. At least it seemingly explains where the Knights were.

Teek fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Feb 5, 2019

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Episode IX
Skywalkers in Flight
Sabers Made of Light

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Teek posted:

https://makingstarwars.net/2019/02/rumors-speculation-star-wars-episode-ix-and-the-threat-of-the-knights-of-ren/

Not sure what to make of that. The "Beyond" being a stand in name for the Unknown Regions, or something extra-galactic? Returning Sith empire? Really didn't expect this plot angle at this stage, but it could tie back in to the Old Republic Sith in some way I guess. At least it seemingly explains where the Knights were.

bring on the Vong, y'all

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Preston Waters posted:

bring on the Vong, y'all

Chewy is gonna survive the moon this time.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Pops Mgee posted:

Chewy is gonna survive the moon this time.

Why. What does he contribute at this point? He's a dumb sidekick that's done almost nothing of worth in the ST. He was barely there in the OT. Just kill him off.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Remember, these are real rumors that have come with information that has been validated in various aspects of Star Wars on screen. So the rumors by themselves have validity. 

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
Star Wars: Beyond

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

McCloud posted:

Why. What does he contribute at this point? He's a dumb sidekick that's done almost nothing of worth in the ST. He was barely there in the OT. Just kill him off.

He’s an OT character that you don’t need the OT actor for.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

McCloud posted:

Would you shoot your dog because he just pisses and shits and eats?

wtf is wrong with you!?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wow, you don't think Chewbacca is a human being like Kylo Ren or the gonk droid are? Go back to r/the_donald you incel chud

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Preston Waters posted:

Would you shoot your dog because he just pisses and shits and eats?

wtf is wrong with you!?

This is the internet, so you will need to clarify if you're being serious or not so I should know if I should laugh at you

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

*EU Chewbacca was killed because they wanted to make a big splash and he never did much in the books because no one wants to read "rhrhrh" a bunch

*Film Chewbacca is a costume that a tall person can be coached to walk in the right way and a library of sound effects. He will never die

*Choobakka is gay, they say

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ingmar terdman posted:

He's going to need a nickname, cos I ain't saying that every time.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Ingmar terdman posted:

Holiday Special is cannon, dude

unless he's cheatin'

ecureuilmatrix
Mar 30, 2011

Preston Waters posted:

Holiday Special is cannon, dude

unless he's cheatin'

Hey! No bisexual erasure (in space)!

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Leaked costume image off Reddit. Kylo Ren's helmet is back, baby!

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Old man Lando is lookin' fly

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Preston Waters posted:

this makes me believe it's all bullshit

either that or JJ apparently really is ignoring VIII and making a stinker of a movie

:getin:

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!
It looks mostly brown/beige and boring.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Death Star pieces raining down really did a number on ewok race.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Lando is gonna eat it isn't he?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I'm a big fan of the unicycle-lamp droid.

It's a trash design but it's the good kind of trash design.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Duckula posted:

All men must die.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Duckula posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrvHMW4rviE&t=1s

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Lando shows up in the last scene to bill the New New Republic for stealing his ship in TLJ (and to court them for new war machine contracts)

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

I want J.J to make IX as if we're in the timeline where the version of TLJ he actually expected to be made happened. Just have characters constantly reference events that never happened, characters who died be alive with no explanation or surprise from other characters, just stuff to really drive home how ill thought out and mismanaged this whole trilogy has been.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Young Mon Cal

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Adventure Poe just loves going on adventures

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
B is actually a pretty good star wars droid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GetBehindTheMule
Feb 7, 2019

Teek posted:

The Republic and the remains of the Empire having to work together against an ancient threat from the Unknown Regions, while clearly cribbed from the old EU, would have been a much more interesting way to start the sequel trilogy than the soft reboot of TFA.