Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

shovelbum posted:

Does it have good deals relative to the Hawaii prices?

Hawaii has crazy high prices for everything, so Costco comes in with the normal prices which makes it a hell of a deal. Every single one I've been to on the islands is packed, and the gas stations are the busiest I've seen in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

Fear not my friend, for we have all paid our tithes.

We got a coupon book from Costco the other day, and my boyfriend seems very interested in the bidet toilet seat they had on the first page.

Do it. It’s worth it.

The money you save in TP is worth it alone.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Hed posted:

The deep freeze I’ve been procrastinating on purchasing is $130 off, PBUC.

Can’t wait to fill it with more meats and frozen vegetables!

Tell me more about the deep freeze, please.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

binge crotching posted:

Hawaii has crazy high prices for everything, so Costco comes in with the normal prices which makes it a hell of a deal. Every single one I've been to on the islands is packed, and the gas stations are the busiest I've seen in the world.

Exactly the same as Iceland, iirc

The other shops are basically extractive but Costco is ok with only making money on the memberships so the normal prices it is

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Fallom posted:

Half and half can be directly substituted for whole/2% milk in any recipe and it tastes way better imo

It’s even better in cereal

Just don’t drink it straight or you’ll turn into a balloon I guess

Nice

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Also, instead of mixing milks and creams of various fat contents, you can make ice cream base with straight half and half, this gives a fat percentage about half way between regular ice cream and Hagen Daz.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Schadenboner posted:

Cheese curds shouldn’t be refrigerated. It makes the oil leave and makes them stop squeaking.

They have to be refrigerated if you want to keep them like most cheeses so they don't mold.

Take them out of the fridge 30-60 minutes before you eat them.

I buy cheese curds maybe once a week or so.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

KakerMix posted:

Costco can be a good place to buy tires outright, just don't have them installed there. It's like a giant version of the sample issue, a poo poo ton of assholes all swarming around and a bunch of wasted time.

Batteries though hell yeah Costco everytime, mostly, again, for the fact you can do the swap in the lot. If tires were that easy people would do that too.

This is from several pages ago, but I recently bought an Interstate deep cell marine battery from Costco. It cost significantly less than I had budgeted for and it works like a champ.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Welcome to Costco.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Pennywise the Frown posted:

They have to be refrigerated if you want to keep them like most cheeses so they don't mold.

Take them out of the fridge 30-60 minutes before you eat them.

I buy cheese curds maybe once a week or so.

Fair enough, I've just never found myself needing to store cheese curds for any appreciable length of time?

:goonsay: AF...

E:

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

This is from several pages ago, but I recently bought an Interstate deep cell marine battery from Costco. It cost significantly less than I had budgeted for and it works like a champ.

Throw the old one in the ocean, it's perfectly legal and feels great.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Chinatown posted:

Welcome to Costco.

If Costco sold trolling motors I would have bought it from them in addition to the boat and battery.

Schadenboner posted:

Throw the old one in the ocean, it's perfectly legal and feels great.

It wasn't a replacement, but I will keep this in mind!

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

In NY they charge you a deposit on your old battery when you buy a new one. Gotta return the old one to be recycled to be thrown in a landfill.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

In NY they charge you a deposit on your old battery when you buy a new one. Gotta return the old one to be recycled to be thrown in a landfill.

That doesn’t sound legal or feel good at all.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Nfcknblvbl posted:

That doesn’t sound legal or feel good at all.

Wait till you find out about monitor and screen recycling fees!

naem
May 29, 2011

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Exactly the same as Iceland, iirc

The other shops are basically extractive but Costco is ok with only making money on the memberships so the normal prices it is

if you think about it hawaii is just reverse iceland

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Schadenboner posted:

Fair enough, I've just never found myself needing to store cheese curds for any appreciable length of time?

:hai:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

naem posted:

:thunk:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Aren't lead acid batteries super recyclable and frequently actually recycled

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
You can also just throw old used batteries from costco into a sams club.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

naem posted:

This sounds like reverse racism to me. Or is that reverse-reverse racism? Too much going on here.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

You can also just throw old used batteries from costco into through the windows of a sams club.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

You can also just throw old used batteries from costco into a sams club.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

I mean, maybe that's a NY-wide law or something but that's just a core charge and it's wildly common for the majority of rebuildable automotive parts.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Sitting in the Costco petrol queue.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Hypnolobster posted:

I mean, maybe that's a NY-wide law or something but that's just a core charge and it's wildly common for the majority of rebuildable automotive parts.

We have that in MI too. I bet most places do but a lot of people don't know/realize they are getting charged it.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I bought an electric car, I feel free as a bird now that I don’t have to get in gas lines.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I bought an electric car, I feel free as a bird now that I don’t have to get in gas lines.

*Gets in line at public charger*

Yes I know you can charge at home let me make my joke.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Anyone have any experiences with those TCL TVs?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

I have a 65" Series 6.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/6-series-2018-r617

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

Mine acted up (flickering on some channels) with my Windows Media Center PC, but other people in this thread have reported they like them.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I bought the 55" at Thanksgiving when it was on sale, and it is fantastic. I'm not a huge fan of the Roku interface, but it works well enough. The speakers were garbage, but that's true of pretty much every TV; I hooked it up to my sound system anyway.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Very cool. Thank you, all.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

mine recently added LED boards showing what pumps are available infront of you so theres never an unoccupied one like up at the front. speeds up wait times.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

costco hot dogs

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

I had to return our 2017 55” TCL because the screen stopped working (audio was fine). Costco of course swapped it out even though it was slightly past the 90 days. The replacement has been working fine.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

numberoneposter posted:

costco hot dogs

BEEFY

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

If you buy a TV with the Costco credit card don't you get like 2 years extended warranty or something?

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

The Slack Lagoon posted:

If you buy a TV with the Costco credit card don't you get like 2 years extended warranty or something?

Yes, paying with the Costco Visa gives you an extra 2 years on the warranty. I believe it comes with 2 years no matter what, and then you can pay for 3 more years with Square Trade (price varies depending on the price of the TV), so it's possible to get a TV from Costco with a 7 year warranty.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

numberoneposter posted:

costco hot dogs

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

TCL is a pretty good value, but its worth mentioning that Costco only carries the 4-series and 5-series rather than the more highly regarded (and pricier) 6 series.

There's a TV thread that might be helpful:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3523461