Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

I need a source and a download link yesterday.

Edit: That it is not a mod means my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Feb 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

I need a source and a download link yesterday.

some deviantart page, apparently?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

That's just renders, this guy's got model downloads: https://www.deviantart.com/oo-fil-oo

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

Nice

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Do you not get the infinite minigun for clearing 2nd route. Only first?

Edit: oh weird there's no bonus listed for it. It's just in your inventory

only 7 routes left.

In Training fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 8, 2019

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

In Training posted:

Do you not get the infinite minigun for clearing 2nd route. Only first?

Edit: oh weird there's no bonus listed for it. It's just in your inventory

only 7 routes left.

Yeah people were actually annoyed there was no infinite rocket launcher at first because no one had gotten it yet, so it was still a secret to everyone. :v:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

drat. I want those infinite ammo weapons, so I can get silly blowing everything away, but I don’t want to put in the effort of actually being good at the game.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Not quite no damage thanks to Super Tyrant being a fucker, but I did manage to get through it without any healing. Most annoying part is probably the run up to G1. There's a lot of pretty yolo-rear end bits that can troll you if zombies decide to misbehave.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Was there anything you decided to skip on Leon 2nd to help getting the timer low, like any weapon upgrades? What was considered optional? I owe my S+ Claire 2nd story to skipping the return to the RPD and the SMG which you can't really do with Leon since it's the all the sweet magnum upgrades?

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
The magnum is dead weight, skip it entirely.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Considering even I only use the magnum for final tyrant that might be right. Avoiding combat is more important than killing non-bosses. And I only use the yellow powder for shotgun rounds anyway...

You'd skip the red gem, book, licker attack, box, backtracking, and the upgrade backtrack.

Hmmm :thunk:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Why do you use magnum on tyrant? You don't need to any damage to it , you just need to live for a few minutes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

In Training posted:

Why do you use magnum on tyrant? You don't need to any damage to it , you just need to live for a few minutes.

The more you damage it the less time you need to survive for. The real math is figuring out if the sidetrack to get the magnum is less than the time saved on the Tyrant + any other spots you use it.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

First run done as Leon A. Miserably got a C rank since my first go through I took my sweet time learning the station layout and stopping to look at every thing. Doing Claire A now hoping for an A rank man it sure sucks knowing that looking at the map/inventory doesn't stop the timer :(.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Feb 8, 2019

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

I think I got B's and C's on my first playthroughs just reading files and drinking in the surroundings so don't sweat it, friend. Plenty of time to race for higher grades later. It is very cool that cutscenes do not count towards the timer so at least you can enjoy those.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Barudak posted:

The more you damage it the less time you need to survive for. The real math is figuring out if the sidetrack to get the magnum is less than the time saved on the Tyrant + any other spots you use it.

If you go Spade Key -> 3F Library entrance, get Red Book -> unlock all Spade Key doors in the Lobby, East Reception last -> King Statue room, you can grab the shotgun keycard and the jewel for the badge case all in one easy, inventory efficient loop. Leon needs all the weapons he can get, honestly.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Ran around ClaireA on Standard with the infinity blade so I could be reckless due to autosaves. Skipped the SMG, died a bunch to bosses by trying to be too aggressive with weapons I wasn't quite as familiar with, and reloaded a few autosaves in the police station when I screwed up my inventory management.

1h54m as far as the game was aware.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Been studying the blade versus lickers a bit more. Tested the knife in the kennel room with two lickers - knifing one to death doesn't alert the other to your presence so their awareness seems to be tied directly to if you run or fire a gun. It's a bit silly having one licker screeching as you stab it to death while its buddy just minds its own business.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Is there a chart or a stat card for the different guns that lays out like Damage, reload speed, range, accuracy, etc?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

Is there a chart or a stat card for the different guns that lays out like Damage, reload speed, range, accuracy, etc?

The characters standard pistol is better than any DLC gun if you have upgrades and without only the Samueai Edge is worth considering using due to damage/crit chance.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

BiggerBoat posted:

Here you go (mostly damage and modifiers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Fjw1UQsUn4FsKjff4Xc5FaGYmJiVvFQFi5nt5sOEfOg/edit#gid=0

Vic fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Feb 8, 2019

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Holy poo poo, thanks. That's way more detail than I was looking for. Very helpful

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Barudak posted:

You can just throw a few grenades at him. The only other place I would have used the magnum is the G-Bois in the sewer, but it's way easier than it looks to just run past most of those, and you have a surplus of defense items for the ones where you can't.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
One of Leon's enemy response barks is "Oh boy" but he says it exactly like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p41uFEgrV7w&t=427s

and it slays me every fucken time.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The non-English voices overall are pretty good quality and worth playing through with them sometime.

Claire sounds adorable when she's calling Irons a fucker in French.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Interesting. I’ve been blowing legs off zombies but it seems like aiming (and allowing the crosshairs to close) is still likely faster and will probably save ammo. Might still be exceptions for well travelled areas that X might be following you through.

It also certainly didn’t feel like the B handguns were that much more powerful.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
Playing through Leon 2nd run and I had Mr. X bust through a wall for the first time and I was caught so off guard my poor heart.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

Playing through Leon 2nd run and I had Mr. X bust through a wall for the first time and I was caught so off guard my poor heart.

On the other hand, please enjoy your new shortcut to the press room.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kibayasu posted:

Interesting. I’ve been blowing legs off zombies but it seems like aiming (and allowing the crosshairs to close) is still likely faster and will probably save ammo. Might still be exceptions for well travelled areas that X might be following you through.

It also certainly didn’t feel like the B handguns were that much more powerful.

Claire's SAA is my favorite weapon to use, it's annihilates enemies

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along
Don't think I ever made it into chief irons office.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

Don't think I ever made it into chief irons office.

You don't if you're playing Leon. He only gets the club key and Claire gets the heart key so they see different parts of the station after the parking garage part.

Prygelknabe
Mar 31, 2009

He had a baseball bat, and I was tied to a chair. Pissing him off was the smart thing to do.
A question for people who have finished Leon A hardcore (and/or possibly B):

The Super Tyrant fight is on a timer and can be won simply by staying alive, at least I thought so. Seems the charge-up for his one-hit kill is shortened something fierce in Hardcore.
On Normal you can interrupt him with a flash/grenade, on Hardcore you barely have time to notice he's charging up.
I ended up dying 3 times in a row (and also having to do G3 each time since the save was before it), and only finally won after staying close and laying into him with gunfire at all times.
Is this how the fight just is on Hardcore, or did I just get screwed by some bug? Seems like you could be hosed out of a clear if you spend most of your ammo on G3 :blastu:

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice
Super Tyrant is on a timer, but it's variable according to the damage you do. If you do no damage, it takes like 3 minutes and he does multiple insta kill charges. If you do a certain amount, it's like a minute and a half and he usually does just one charge before the rocket launcher drops.

Grenades are great for this, if you have them, they stun and damage him. Additionally, for the charge, two shotgun blasts will stagger him out of it. Sometimes it just takes one, but I always double tap to be sure.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

drat I hate trying to knife G1. I feel like his grab radius is enormous. Sometimes he'll just spin on the spot and grab while I am slashing away and trying to stay behind him. poo poo's the worst.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
OK what the hell is up with the G mutants in the sewer section? Never had trouble with them on standard at all as either character but on hardcore they are loving insanely variable to fight in how much ammo they take and how easy they are to get past it feels like. I've watched the speedrun videos and what happens for them never happens for me so just getting past is an insane gamble and I just had one back me into a corner, take 350 flamethrower rounds sprayed at it and then 3 shotgun blasts and 2 magnum shots to the eyeball without dying before I just went "gently caress it" and let myself get killed, other times they just take 4 or 5 magnum shots to the eyeball and they're dead but I don't know that until I commit to killing them which I really want to avoid.

Like yesterday I managed to get up to the Birkin fight without much trouble and then died on that (to the crate for the first time, oops) but today I couldn't even make it past the first G you encounter as Leon without it grabbing me twice which used up the two knives I had exactly for that purpose and then it poisoned me with a third grab after which it decided to just back off and idle, letting me just waltz past it, just seems very inconsistent. Is there like a safe time after they swing and miss to run past, maybe I'm just running into the end of the animation or something. Wish the knife stab made them stay still for just second longer tbh or that the character didn't back off as they get dropped, either would make it 100% easier. I assume the grenades have a greater effect, hesitant to burn them on this but I guess you get a few throughout the labs so it might be worth it?

Finding trying to do this hardcore S+ is making me like this game I previously adored a lot less mainly cause of this sewer section. Everything else has felt pretty fine and a natural progression from standard so far until I hit this speedbump.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along
Has anyone died to regular zombies?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

thebardyspoon posted:

OK what the hell is up with the G mutants in the sewer section? Never had trouble with them on standard at all as either character but on hardcore they are loving insanely variable to fight in how much ammo they take and how easy they are to get past it feels like.

Killing any of them is a complete waste of ammo. You can safely run past them when they either stick out their head to start puking out baby G's or when they are recovering from that charge move which you can trigger with a single pistol shot if you see them bobbing out of the water.

If they don't feel like playing nice, just set them on fire with something. They will still grab you but the fire damage over time will make them let you go.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

thebardyspoon posted:

OK what the hell is up with the G mutants in the sewer section? Never had trouble with them on standard at all as either character but on hardcore they are loving insanely variable to fight in how much ammo they take and how easy they are to get past it feels like. I've watched the speedrun videos and what happens for them never happens for me so just getting past is an insane gamble and I just had one back me into a corner, take 350 flamethrower rounds sprayed at it and then 3 shotgun blasts and 2 magnum shots to the eyeball without dying before I just went "gently caress it" and let myself get killed, other times they just take 4 or 5 magnum shots to the eyeball and they're dead but I don't know that until I commit to killing them which I really want to avoid.

Like yesterday I managed to get up to the Birkin fight without much trouble and then died on that (to the crate for the first time, oops) but today I couldn't even make it past the first G you encounter as Leon without it grabbing me twice which used up the two knives I had exactly for that purpose and then it poisoned me with a third grab after which it decided to just back off and idle, letting me just waltz past it, just seems very inconsistent. Is there like a safe time after they swing and miss to run past, maybe I'm just running into the end of the animation or something. Wish the knife stab made them stay still for just second longer tbh or that the character didn't back off as they get dropped, either would make it 100% easier. I assume the grenades have a greater effect, hesitant to burn them on this but I guess you get a few throughout the labs so it might be worth it?

Finding trying to do this hardcore S+ is making me like this game I previously adored a lot less mainly cause of this sewer section. Everything else has felt pretty fine and a natural progression from standard so far until I hit this speedbump.

You never have to kill a G, they're fairly easy to dodge once you learn their patterns. When they're the sleepy blobs on the ground you can just shoot them once with a handgun and then run around their left and they will be stuck in the Getting Up animation long enough for you to walk past. The one patrolling in the middle section on the way to the flamethrower is a little tricky to time, but you can run around his left side without firing a shot, and the G's that emerge the sewer pipes are never a threat as long as you don't stop moving, they don't spawn in fast enough to even start attacking.

Prygelknabe
Mar 31, 2009

He had a baseball bat, and I was tied to a chair. Pissing him off was the smart thing to do.

Vakal posted:

Killing any of them is a complete waste of ammo. You can safely run past them when they either stick out their head to start puking out baby G's or when they are recovering from that charge move which you can trigger with a single pistol shot if you see them bobbing out of the water.

If they don't feel like playing nice, just set them on fire with something. They will still grab you but the fire damage over time will make them let you go.

And for the submerged ones that are just waiting for you to get close, you can pop 'em with a handgun round and run past them while they're getting up. Just don't get too close as they surface, or you'll get stunned and then most likely grabbed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I know it got posted not too long ago but does somebody have that cheat sheet PNG on hand. I forgot to save/bookmark it and it's hard to search for.