Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Dr Subterfuge posted:

I don't believe you. :colbert:
100 posts per hour, every hour. Skip 100 derails per day, every day. And always try to get to the reactions to actual stuff that happens in the comic, avoiding 10 pages or so dedicated to "black people strength" or whatever.

Edit: Do I just not watch enough anime, or was this entire part of the Genos / Sea King fight (starting with "none of you monkeys will escape me") very western-action-cartoon inspired? Feels like something you'd see on MTV in the 90s.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Feb 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Billzasilver posted:

Remember that guy who quit blizzard’s group because Saitama told him to keep training? He’s been training both his body and mind by himself for like six months and he almost defeated Garou already.

Wait what?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

He was among the B and A classers who ambushed Garou. They had him on the ropes for a bit.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

he shows up in an omake around chapter 20

and he shows up again around chapter 80

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
this comic is really good

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I really enjoyed seeing Tracksuit Glasses show up again.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Simply put, it's about obsession vs conviction.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

There's a dude who shadow boxed so much he became a shadow boxing monster instead of becoming a swole hero, presumably cause it was all he was obsessed with doing.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Billzasilver posted:

he shows up in an omake around chapter 20

and he shows up again around chapter 80

Why do people say that Resurrection F Gohan didn't get any cool parts?

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

This guy clearly hasn't done enough if he still has his hair.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Saitama lost his hair after, like, a year and a half, right? At least that? I don't think this guy has been at this that long.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

I know its been pointed out before but take note of how Genos is in that last page when they're talking about monsters

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

I know its been pointed out before but take note of how Genos is in that last page when they're talking about monsters

:confused:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
one of us here needs a reminder of what genos looks like and i hope it isnt me

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

His eye. Between the two leftmost word bubbles and four armed guy.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
wow it was me

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It's like the drat FedEX arrow.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ugh, I hate Where's Waldo puzzles.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
drat I didn't even notice Geno in there. Nice catch.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
remember that genos also compares handsome mask to himself

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Jesus I completely missed it.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Metal Bat is my favorite <3

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Chapter is live and man is it something.

I am genuinely surprised he just merced the mercs.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Wow

Course the rear end in a top hat kills the people.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
all hail pig god

also i sincerely cannot imagine why you'd be surprised by that. like, sweet mask murdered dudes that were surrendering to him....in front of like fifteen of his "superiors", there's no way he's not gonna murder dudes that are attacking him when he's alone

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Feb 12, 2019

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Expect My Mom posted:

all hail pig god

also i sincerely cannot imagine why you'd be surprised by that

Yeah it's about as on brand for him as it gets.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No one's heads got smashed so there's always the possibility that Child Emporer and/or the House of Evolution guy could save them. But that's a serious long shot and I doubt that's gonna be brought up at all. My money's on dead.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Feb 12, 2019

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

RareAcumen posted:

No one's heads got smashed so there's always the possibility that Child Emporer and/or the House of Evolution guy could save them. But that's a serious long shot and I doubt that's gonna be brought up at all. My money's on dead.

They could get cyborg'd or some poo poo but I feel like they're all loving Dead.

Short but sweet chapter, some great stuff though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, Sweet Mask has no chill, as someone mentioned above, Genos is reminded of how he used to be before he met Saitama.

It's no surprise that he'd kill them because he defaults to kill even when the situation doesn't call for it. He even killed a prehistoric human instead of capturing it.

Plus, the mercs surrendered to the Monster Association, which is probably grounds for killing if he knew.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

all hail pig god

also i sincerely cannot imagine why you'd be surprised by that. like, sweet mask murdered dudes that were surrendering to him....in front of like fifteen of his "superiors", there's no way he's not gonna murder dudes that are attacking him when he's alone
I thought there was a legitimate question on whether or not he would kill or severely injure the mercenaries. He was already shown to have deduced that Do-S' hypnosis is based around pain. And he wasn't present for their surrender and they are still technically employees of the Heroes Association albeit only because they work for one of it's members. At worst I expected all these guys to need full body casts. Now they just need a casket.

The grunts for Boros were already culpable in the destruction of A-City so him murdering them was more in line with my expectations of him.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

I thought there was a legitimate question on whether or not he would kill or severely injure the mercenaries. He was already shown to have deduced that Do-S' hypnosis is based around pain. And he wasn't present for their surrender and they are still technically employees of the Heroes Association albeit only because they work for one of it's members. At worst I expected all these guys to need full body casts. Now they just need a casket.

The grunts for Boros were already culpable in the destruction of A-City so him murdering them was more in line with my expectations of him.

The first time they were aliens who'd just flattened a city so I can understand that. It was still way too quick though, they probably could've interrogated them first but either way, aliens and monsters don't really have a huge difference so that's fine. These're brainwashed humans though so you'd assume that on this mission about saving a Hero Association executive's son they'd all be trying to keep casualties to a minimum if possible.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Kind of makes me wonder if he's ever done hero stuff where anyone can see it, or it's on the public record, or if he's just constantly doing poo poo like this and then being an idol in the public eye

In other words, does he have any other mode for fighting?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Pig God is very strong.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

OnimaruXLR posted:

Kind of makes me wonder if he's ever done hero stuff where anyone can see it, or it's on the public record, or if he's just constantly doing poo poo like this and then being an idol in the public eye

In other words, does he have any other mode for fighting?

Nah, he killed that caveman in public. People were cheerin' him on.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brought To You By posted:

There was no question, we all called it, I feel naive to even think he would give a throwaway line about why he's killing them. Sweet Mask sees everything remotely on the side of monsters as a threat to be eliminated on spot even if his superiors tell him no. Those mercs were as good as dead.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dude also killed a buncha monsters that attacked him during a concert, though if I recall he played it up to make it seem like it was part of the show.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"What about... laws of physics?" is a great line that is just perfect for this comic.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

pig god rules i hope he eats the final boss and saitama gets the credit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
English version of the new chapter.

Murata, the crazy person that he is, also redrew the previous chapter. Atomic Samurai's disciples got some extra screen time to do neat poo poo.